Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: (SG) System King of Yggdrasil  (Read 3297 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
(SG) System King of Yggdrasil
« on: May 08, 2019, 03:48:29 am »

You arrange for Hussein to be crowned first. The assembled crowd is anxious, perhaps even unhappy about this development. They are, after all, gathered to witness your coronation, but you have your reasons. Gratitude is one; Hussein commanded the fleet of Muspelheim at the decisive battle of the Solar Void, more or less winning the war while you were on the front lines in your hammership settling personal scores. You also feel as though such a public display of your respect and friendship might serve to protect your young friend - the war had started as an effort to oust his father, the dreaded Witch King Loki VI of Midguard, and although that goal had long been accomplished and forgotten, you are sure many of your own vassals and allies would like to see the blood of the mad sorcerer wiped out from the cosmos completely.

He kneels before the old runekeeper, who anoints him with water from the world he is to rule, places a simple crown of bronze and gold upon his head (the crown of the 12 Witches, the symbol of his house's power, was lost in the destruction of the Grand Fortress of Istanbul), and names him King Fenrir II of Midguard. Fenrir rises, turns to the crowd, and offers a brief proclamation:

"As I am not yet married, I decree that my twin sibling Esin shall serve as Queen Sister until such a day that I am wed to a woman I trust to share the burden of ruling Midguard with. She shall assume the regnal name Serpentina, and answer to no one save myself and our new System King!"

The young woman now formerly known as Esin rises and approaches the stage so that the runekeeper may also anoint her with water from Midguard. A collective gasp rises from the crowd. Although many have heard stories, few have actually gazed upon 'Esin the Ugly' before. Although not yet 16, she already stands at six and a half feet tall. The right side of her face is a mess of natural scar tissue and intimidating patches of black, purple, and green artificial flesh. In her right socket sits a prosthetic eye equipped with advanced sensors, blaster weaponry, and an unnatural orange glow. Her bald head, as usual, is covered with a headdress designed to frighten and awe, today's choice makes it seem like she has hair made of snakes, keeping in theme with her new name.

The twins embrace on stage, and it takes a good portion of your willpower not to leave your seat and congratulate them. They were captured early in the war, when you were but a child and they were but babes. Before he was killed, your father had planned to raise them as his own wards, and install whichever he deemed to be the more competent ruler of the two as the new monarch of Midguard after the conflict had concluded. Either way, it was always understood that you were to wed Esin in a  matrilineal union to help restablish her house, but since she was a hostage and her family the enemy, you were never bound by a formal betrothal agreement. You are fine with recent developments casting doubt upon her status as your bride to be, as nonwithstanding her unappealing appearence, Serpentina is the closest thing you have to a sister and you don't think you'd feel comfortable having physical relations with her.

When you were five years old, and they three, The Witch King's fleet pushed close to Muspelheim, and your father felt compelled to move the twins out of the system so that they would not be killed, or worse rescued, by their crazed father. He sent the three of you to join a warrior lodge, where you all spent the best part of the last twelve years building skills and connections. Your mind drifts to all the good memories you share with the pair.

Choose an Order:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"I summon Hans Richthofen of Muspelheim! kneel and be anointed!"

You are drawn from your memories by your name on the lips of the Runekeeper. The time has come. You kneel before him. First you are anointed with water from your homeworld, and named king of Muspelheim. You are offered no crown, scepter, or other trinket as part of the ceremony; The great heirloom and symbol of House Richthofen's power is the Breslau, a Ragnarok class capital ship upon which this ceremony is presently taking place. The Breslau was crippled at the Solar Void, and is presently barely spaceworthy, but you insisted on finding some hall onboard with functioning power and life support; Every head of your house dating back to the days of Odin has come into power aboard the Breslau.

Next your two vassal kings approach to swear fealty and anoint you with the waters of their world. Fenrir approaches first, eyes wide with admiration, and proclaims you his overlord as he drags a pointer finger, damp with the waters of Midguard, across your forehead. He then awkwardly spreads his arms for a hug, and holds the position until the runekeeper whispers in his ear that you are not supposed to rise from your kneeling position until the ceremony is complete. A bit disappointed, he moves to stand at your right hand, weapon at the ready, as King Alexander of Nidavellir approaches.

Alexander looms over you in hateful silence. He had been your father's ally at the start of the war, but turned against him when the pair could not agree on how Midguard should be ruled after the Witch King was vanquished. After several years of battle, he decided to try and end the war by challenging your father to personal combat. He knew your father was a man of honor and pride, but was no warrior; He could not refuse the duel, nor would he have any chance of winning. Your father would die, and your brother, a shell of his former self, would surely sue for peace. King Alexander's plan would have worked perfectly, but he didn't count on you avenging your father by slaughtering his sons. Nor did he count on Fenrir, the very child he sought to have executed as part of his demands for peace, leading your fleet to victory.

You, in turn, did not count on his surrender. You had assumed the conflict was so personal, that he would fight to the end even after his fleet was crippled at the Solar Void. That you would be able to complete your vengeance, and exterminate his entire family. Instead he quit before his losses were insurmountable, and publicly humbled himself by begging for your mercy. You had no choice but to take him on as a vassal. King Alexander draws a wet finger across your forehead and swears his oath. You wonder if he means it. Although his fleet is smaller and in worse shape than yours, you are told he has greater control over his planet's industry than you do yours. He could very well be planning on licking his wounds, repairing his fleet, and rebelling before you are ready to answer him.

After another few seconds of intense staring, King Alexander steps away, and stands at your left hand. The runekeeper bids you to rise as King of Muspelheim and System King of Yggdrasil, but does not bid you to do so as Hans Richthofen. Instead, for the first time, you are called by the new regnal name you have picked for yourself.

Pick a Regnal Name:

You gaze out at the assembled crowd. Your reign may be young and weak. One of your vassal kings may hate you. The other may not have set foot on the planet he is to rule since he was a toddler. But you have just been crowned system King. Only twenty six other men have accomplished that in the four thousand years since Odin fell and Midguard was sacked. You could die tomorrow and still be the twenty seventh greatest human in the post-Odin era. But you have no designs on dying tomorrow. Your story is just beginning.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) System King of Yggdrasil
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 12:52:57 pm »

Uhhh tough choice. Loki XIV seems very appealing, but the name is tainted for now. I'd say we go with Manfred III that would allow us to basically state our desire to raise Humanity to a new Golden Age without angering the despicable Civs as much as Loki as a name would do.

Alternatively if custom names are allowed, lets go utterly audacious:

[X] Grimnir I

Because yes i dare say we will make a second Odin, without being so open as to name ourselves as such. Grimnir was the name Odin took on in the myths when he was disguised as a poor old wanderer.

As for Orders:

[X] The Final Swarm

cause fuck the Civs.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 03:28:37 pm »

Eh, playing the barbarian seems unlikely to do much harm to the "Civilized" (unless they, unnarrated, have suffered an even more ruinous decline than us). It certainly doesn't feel like advancing us toward a restored Golden Age of Odin, which was notably marked by high technology as much (or more?) as military strength.

With that in mind, my top suggestion is:

The Knights of the Void
Berlin I

for access to 'mystical' opportunities and preservation of family unity. One of mythological Odin's strengths was his knowledge and mastery of magical powers, often used to sustain his family's rule. It maybe also hints that we'll continue our father's path, by taking more of a family name than a "royal" one. We'll have to put our own system in order first and foremost if we want to ascend to galactic prominence.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 07:08:53 pm »

The Knights of the Void
Berlin I
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 06:01:24 am »

The Knights of the Void
Berlin I

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 12:44:46 am »

"Rise Child!" The runekeeper declares, "You are Berlin, first of your name! You are Lord of Warp Island, Lord Commander of the Breslau, King-Admiral and grand flame of Muspelheim, overlord of Midguard and Nidavellir, and as such SYSTEM KING OF YGGDRASIL!"

You gaze out at the assembled crowd. They cheer the announcement. In the back of the hall, you can already see servants moving tables and bars into position for the feast following the festivities.

---

Some time later, everybody else is seated, and you are standing. In many human cultures, including that of Muspelheim, the guest of honor is supposed to roam the feast hall with only his drinking cup, trading the opportunity to spend time in his presence for food and drink. This poses a problem for you. You are seventeen years old, and not particularly large for somebody of your age. The ability to hold your liquor is not a strength you possess. If you drink everything offered to you, you will likely begin to act very unkinglike. Luckily, you have a plan.

You allow the first person to offer you a drink to fill your cup completely, which you nurse slowly as you cross the hall, sample food, and make sure you at least spend a moment at every table so as not to slight anyone. While doing this, you take proper inventory of the noteworthy individuals in attendance so that you may decide who to spend your precious moments of relative sobriety with.

Choose two groups to mingle with, or one to have a deep conversation with on a topic of your choice:

You make your decision, but just before you walk off toward the table where you intend to socialize you turn to your Squire-pilot.

"When I start making a fool out of myself, or before so if possible, you are to pull me aside, get me to my Hammership, and get me out of here."

The young man nods. "Alright yer grace. But where are we goin?"

"To begin my reign, silly!"

"Yeah, but where are we goin?"

Then it hits you. House Richthofen traditionally rules from the bridge and royal quaters of the Breslau. You are already aboard the Breslau, but the ship is crippled, and will not be a fitting home for a king for some time. You weigh your other options.

From Where will you Reign?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2019, 03:59:15 am »

I wonder how the rest of humanity is -- the Yggdrasil system is repeatedly mentioned as humanity in the singular, but there are evidently other systems like the Latin System as well.

As for our choices:
Deep Conversation: The Knights of the Void, about the alliance Av' is angling for
Having allies on our side could prove immediately useful for our most pressing system-rule problems, but of course we would need to discuss what exactly Av'ivqix is planning in regards to our two current potential conflicts: fuckery at Midguard, and fuckery from Alexander. This also has the benefit of the twins being there to provide input on Midguard.

Somewhere on Midguard:
We should be locking Midguard down immediately so that if Alexander decides to throw a rebellion we can have more resources to deal with it, and for the future. Some adventure and asskicking would do us good, too.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2019, 09:02:08 am »

I wonder how the rest of humanity is -- the Yggdrasil system is repeatedly mentioned as humanity in the singular, but there are evidently other systems like the Latin System as well.

As for our choices:
Deep Conversation: The Knights of the Void, about the alliance Av' is angling for
Having allies on our side could prove immediately useful for our most pressing system-rule problems, but of course we would need to discuss what exactly Av'ivqix is planning in regards to our two current potential conflicts: fuckery at Midguard, and fuckery from Alexander. This also has the benefit of the twins being there to provide input on Midguard.

Somewhere on Midguard:
We should be locking Midguard down immediately so that if Alexander decides to throw a rebellion we can have more resources to deal with it, and for the future. Some adventure and asskicking would do us good, too.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2019, 10:19:29 am »

Your Surviving Family
The Knights of the Void

The Bridge of the Lindbergh
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2019, 11:25:38 am »

Another tough choice: I feel that the Midguard scenario is the roleplaying choice for a 17 year old scrapper who was raised as a 'spare' by knights errant; but I also strongly feel that it's the least optimum for maintaining system diplomacy. I think I'll have to vote that it would show less than perfect confidence in the Twins and our fellow Knights if we also go to do the same job.

the Bridge of the Lindbergh

I'd like to maintain appearances by socializing more but the chance of an important alliance here is too good to pass up.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2019, 12:33:55 pm »

Family, because it matters
Void Knights: Kinship And Order Thing ( aside that would have talked to the Xeno leviathans. Exotic new tech designs could help.)

Reign point: The Bridge Of Lindbergh.

The best way to rule, is s display of power. Good and Evil is defined by the circumstances.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2019, 10:12:15 pm »

The Delegation from Nidavellir

The Highest Houses of Muspelheim

The Bridge of the Lindbergh

Keep our enemies close and rule from strength.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2019, 08:54:12 am »

Powderminer and Prophet's suggestions are tied. If I don't get a tiebreaker soonish, I'll likely use mushroom's suggestion which has elements of both.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2019, 12:50:36 pm »

It is strange to be the center of attention at a table of Void Knights. House Seljuk, the bloodline of the Witch King and many other terrible magic users, has been deeply at odds with your order for well over two thousand years. As such, it is usually the twins, members of that wild and hated family given a 'civilized' upbringing among the Knights, who are the center of attention. Not tonight. A member of the order obtaining such high office as System King is a big deal.

Knight-Inquisitor Debdrik, the lowborn human from civilized space tasked with bringing Midguard to heel, is the first to try and use your power to the order's benefit. He would like you to issue a decree renouncing your right to pursue the King's Justice against any captured member of the Witch King's regime, and granting jurisdiction over said prisoners to The Knights of the Void. The order is interested in any magical knowledge said prisoners might possess; The vast majority will be questioned, found useless, and either punished or released depending on the serenity of their crimes. The Knight-Inquisitor, however, all but admits that justice will be miscarried if knowledgeable prisoners are found; Uncooperative Knowledgeable prisoners will be tortured for information whether or not their crimes merit torture, and prisoners who share useful knowledge may be pardoned, perhaps even invited to join the order, even if their crimes would otherwise merit a painful death. You suppose at some point you will have to pass this decree, reject it, or come up with a compromise proposal.

You are rescued from Debdrik by Despot Princess Av'ivqix, who is quick to butter you up by asking about your triumph at the solar void and dropping several not-so-subtle hints that she desires you physically. You blush at her suggestions; Although a proper gene engineer would be required to produce crossbreed offspring, you have been told by several older knights that the 'Cricket People' of the Wraith Rings are anatomically close enough to humans that carnal relations would still be enjoyable.

Pausing to compose yourself, you take a long swig of your drink. You are a system king. You will have plenty of opportunities to screw pretty aliens if you so wish. "What are the details of the alliance you seek, Princess." You request, moving her hand from your lap.

Something akin to shock briefly passes over Av'ivqix's face, before she smiles and looks you over with new respect in her large compound eyes. "For starters, You'd get a wife of the highest quality out of the deal..." There is no disputing this. The Despot Princess is deeply talented at the Soul Metal Sciences, to the point where she places an impressive array of useful modifacations on the Soul Swords of other knights who find her favor. Perhaps of even more use, she is known to be ruthless and effective in serving the interests of both her father and her order; Her specialty is courtly intrigue - even at her young age she is known as somebody to send if a sorcerer or political dissident is thought to be taking refuge in the house of some unwitting or complicit noble. Lastly, as her title suggests, she has earned enough of her father's favor to be named despot of one of the moons of the Wraith Rings, meaning that your second son by her would have something decent to inherit.

As for the details of the alliance, Av'ivqix's father the Despot Grunx'riq expects two main things from you; First is political support within The Knights of the Void. Grand Master MacMusop is expected to give up his leadership post and return to questing at some point in the near future, and Grunx'rig wishes to succeed him. Due to the fact that you are both an active knight holding high political office and head of a powerful house that has a long history of supporting the order, you will wield eight to ten votes when the Knights gather to elect their new leader, votes that could be critical toward putting the Despot Knight over his rivals. In explaining this, Av'ivqix draws the steely gaze of Archpriestess Twitail, your first ever instructor within the Knights. You are vaguely aware that her Brother-Husband Paladin Lylal also covets the Grandmaster's office.

In addition to your votes, the Despot would also like your help dealing with the kings of Philadelphia and Bastille. The super-terrestrial human worlds of The Enlightenment System orbit the same star as the four haunting gas giants where the Cricket People live, and tensions between the two species have always been fairly high. Despot Grunx'riq is presently working on a new fleet of Capital Ships, and intends to launch a new era of conquest and expansion for his people in several decades time. He would like either human help in assuring his human neighbors don't sack his worlds while he is off adventuring, or human grandchildren to use as loyal puppet rulers should he decide to direct his conquests against said neighbors.

In exchange for these favors, the despot is willing to offer one of his old capital ships as a dowry, as well as a loan of two hundred thousand soldiers to help bring Peace to Midguard. He would also look out for the interests of Yggdrasil if elected Grand Master with your help, and would consider selling or gifting you even more of his old capital ships once his new fleet is finished.

You allow yourself a generous sip of your drink as Av'ivqix finishes her pitch. Your old mentor Archpriestess Twitail, and Paladin Ragnar of the Muspelheim Fire Temple then present arguments against the alliance. Ragnar warns you that the Capital Ships are not as appealing as they might seem to be; The feudal-industrial system masterminded by Odin and adhered to by humanity even to this day makes your race terrible at working with Alien technology. You will not be able to maintain or repair the ships of the Cricket People without the help of the Cricket People, and this could very well leave your descendants at their mercy should the alliance ever break down.

Twitail warns you that the Despot of the Wraith Rings is not to sort of being you want to support for the office of Grand Master. He is aggressive, expansionist, warlike, and lacks a healthy respect for the might of Civilized Space. The Cricket People, she argues, are looking to start conflits they cannot win, and Despot Grunx'riq will drag your ancient order into they war that will spell its demise should he take office.

Eventually talk drifts away from Av'ivgix's proposed alliance, and towards the fate and plans of both yourself and the Seljuk twins. You make it clear that, for the time being, you will rule from the bridge of the Lindbergh. Fenrir, meanwhile, intends to travel to Midgaurd at once to help subjugate the planet you have given him to rule. He plans on ruling from the ancient Pentagon Fortress, where the Inquisition of the Void Knights have already made their headquarters, for now, but hopes to march up the Vinland coast and seize The Witch King's Festival Palace at Salem as a more permanent home.

Serpentina thinks the matter over, and decides, for now at least, to stay aboard the Lindbergh, which will likely be stuck in orbit around Muspelheim guarding the crippled capital ships for some time. She presumes that she will be in charge of rallying ground troops from the noble houses of your planet to aid her brother's cause, while also watching your back at court. As two of his three students will be based off the Lindbergh, your Soul Sword instructor Lil'Giaus also agrees to join your court there...

You take another sip, and note that the mistrels are playing "Till Midguard Burns," a popular wartime tune. Perhaps singing along would be a good idea! Several minutes later, your Squire-pilot taps you on the shoulder. It is time to leave.

---

Sleep lasts nearly twelve hours. For the first time since coming home there is no sense of urgency. You have won the war and been named System King. You are sure ruling will not be a walk in the park, but you are presently facing no issue so urgent as to make you feel guilty about catching up on your z's.

Stepping out onto the bridge of the Lindbergh, you are at once captivated by the view outside the portal. In the backround loom your two crippled capital ships, The Breslau and The Hindenburg. The latter ship is already covered in scaffolding and attending space stations as repair work has begun, while The Breslau is still being assessed by the engineering teams. You, however, are more concerned with what is going on between the three mighty vessels, as The Hammerfair has begun.

It is tradition, when two or more friendly human capital ships gather near a human planet during Peacetime, for the each vessel's Hammership squadrons to skirmish against each other in simulated battles. Eventually these mock battles draw the attention of Hammerships from the planet's surface; The sky-levies of great houses, lesser nobles and lowborn rich enough to afford their own ships, sellswords, and the like all fly up to join the pretend fighting in search of low stakes glory. Civilians get involved as well; Those rich enough to own transport shuttles and air bubbles set up grandstands and carnival rides on nearby asteroids to attract paying guests looking to watch the battles, and fathers looking to land a noble (or at least honorable) mate for their daughters regularly throw balls on the asteroids or even aboard the capital ships to which all Hammership pilots are invited.

You watch some of the action as you ride the lift up thirty stories to the bridge's uppermost level, taking note of the Hammerships present. Many are red, with purple detailing, indicating that they either belong to The Muspelheim Navy or the Sky Levy of House Richthofen, either way they are pilots under your direct control. The remaining ships all vary in color, indicating some other ownership, but aside from a potential out of system visitor or two it is safe to assume that they all answer to somebody who eventually answers to you... But then you notice it. A squadron of seventy or so identical and mysterious silver Hammerships, flying in perfect unison against a band of your red and purple craft twice its number. You note that in spite of their disadvantage, the silver hammerships seem to be winning, and that several of their lead pilots are spectacularly talented, perhaps even at or near your own skill level! You watch intently, even after you reach the top of the lift, but eventually the battle drifts above The Lindbergh and out of your view.

With the distraction done with, you set about meeting your court. Which consists first and foremost of the Lord Officers of The Lindbergh. Lord Admiral Ivar of the Lindbergh is a small man with an oily mustache, who greets you curtly and informs you that the ship is yours to command. From his tone of voice, however, you can tell he is not all that happy about his King showing up to usurp his rightful rule of the capital ship. Still, he does his duty and introduces you to the other officers. Wing Lead Karen of Treeport is the stocky middle aged lady in charge of The Lindbergh's hammerships, she greets you with enthusiasm, perhaps knowing of your own proficiency with the smaller craft. Chief Engineer Mimir, the man in charge of keeping The Lindbergh maintained, is equally happy to see you; He straight up tells you that your father personally named him to the post, paying a healthy ransom to the noble family who otherwise held the hereditary right to fill it as they saw fit. First Officer Kay of New Oslo is a pretty young lady of twenty years, who when pressed reveals that her father stepped down and gave her the position hours ago; You suppose the former first officer is taking a long shot at landing his daughter a royal match.

In addition to the officers of The Lindbergh, your court also plays host to the highest officers of your two other capital ships, who have given up their regular quarters to various repair and engineering personnel. Lord Admiral Vladimir of The Hindenburg is an ancient man; It is often whispered that Vladimir, who is of common birth, only got his office because he was your grandfather's lover, but he has served Muspelheim well in several wars, and so nobody dares call him undeserving anymore. Odinson of Odinson, first officer of The Breslau, was one of your fathers closet friends and confidants. He is also married to your late mother's sister, which makes him your uncle. You catch him glaring at Queen Serpentina, which reminds you that he has always been the most vocal and public advocate of killing your closest friends to end their bloodline.

Serpentina, for her part, ignores the man's hateful gaze; An unusual level of restraint from your friend. You know the Sister Queen to be a sweet and caring young lady, who enjoys gossiping about boys and tending to her large collection of pet reptiles and birds, but she never shows this side of herself to anyone save her closest friends. In public, she carefully leverages her large mutilated body to cultivate the image of an intimidating monster. She is a prodigy with the Soul Sword, even before her growth spurt and artificial eye you could only beat her maybe two times out of ten, and already has twenty seven kills to her name in melee combat, a full twenty seven more than you and her brother combined. Even your mutual instructor, Lil'Giaus, loses sparring matches to her from time to time.

Lil'Giaus himself is a middle aged man, the seventeenth son of the Paladin in Charge of the Great Void Temple of Artemis in the Latin System. Like all his brothers and sisters, he was trained to ignite a soul sword before he could walk. Like his fellow siblings who were born too young to have any chance of inheriting the temple, Lil'Giaus makes his living as a traveling tutor to the rich and famous. He has been at your side for five years now, and you trust him completely. Aside from his skill with the blade, he is also charming and has a knack for the internal politics of The Knights of the Void.

It is Lil'Giaus who asks the question on everyone's mind: "So, what we all doing here anyway, yer grace? Got some big plans for your rule?"

You consider the question. There are many things you want to do, and only so much time to do things. You will have to delegate.

Choose Two Focuses from Below. You may not be able to change your focuses immediately. You may delegate Primary and Optional focuses to a member of your court if you so wish.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 01:38:18 pm by Weirdsound »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2019, 01:18:16 pm »

Damn. So many great choices. I got three ideas in mind. But on the road on low battery, when I got juice, I will post my three ideas.

By the way: I Freakken LOVE this game. Sci fi Norse mythology. And it’s interesting! Kudos man.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4