Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Taking the Bus (SG)  (Read 3370 times)

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Taking the Bus (SG)
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2019, 11:12:03 am »

Can you read this?
What about now?
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Outsider

• Bay Watcher
  • SOMEONE HELP ME WITH AVATARS ON THIS BLOODY SITE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2019, 01:19:41 pm »

Can you read this?
What about now?

Low key, I can read both, BUT I do prefer the latter example since it shows better and is more . . . "aesthetic"(?). I just might switch skins to see how that green-on-black looks.

I don't imagine that this with bold is any better huh? (It's the first example. Note: Done with the basic theme (the one with orange).)
Isekai: A suggestion game. High Fantasy, Action, Adventure.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2019, 05:09:19 pm »

> Ask the Lunarian about the "Special Branch". Who exactly hired them and why?

Can you read this?
What about now?

Low key, I can read both, BUT I do prefer the latter example since it shows better and is more . . . "aesthetic"(?). I just might switch skins to see how that green-on-black looks.

I don't imagine that this with bold is any better huh? (It's the first example. Note: Done with the basic theme (the one with orange).)
Needs the glow I think! I just use the default theme though, which doesn't contrast well with lighter colors unless there is some sort of outline.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2019, 05:25:34 pm »

Oh hey, this thing lives!

+1
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2019, 06:38:30 am »

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Outsider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2019, 11:09:37 am »

+1
+1

While the first Lunarian checks the elf for signs of life, you ask the circle-drawer about the Special Branch and who exactly hired them. They exchange concerned glances before the first one shrugs. You figure that's the green light. "Lunarian Ministry of the Interior, Section 9. We don't officially exist. I'm only telling you because you helped us with this idiot. As for who hired us: we told you--well, we told him. As for who hired us? Your country did."

"For reasons we cannot disclose"
, the other fills in. "Not that you'd want to know."

As if on cue, the bus slowly pulls up to the stop and the three of you get on it. You flash your pass while the Lunarians flash their IDs and are waved past the toll box.

"Uh, aren't you going to stay here and send the elf to jail...or something?" The Lunarians glance out the window and shrug.

"Oh, him? No need. We've already arranged for his collection. They'll be sending local militia to seize him."

"Uh . . . okay."

You all sit towards the front with the aisle-facing seats. When the vehicle begins to move, you lean back and sigh, hoping to get a moment of relaxation after all that craziness. Maybe you can ask the Lunarians more questions. But which ones?

- PICK 2 -
> Ask them their names.
> Ask them what that crazy circle-drawing magic is.
> Ask them what lullaby is.
> Ask them what's REALLY going on that they "can't disclose" (social stat check).
> Do something else.

Outsider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2019, 11:10:58 am »

OOC: As for the new character speech, let me know if it's liked or hated, if you prefer it only for the MC's speech, or if you prefer it to look different.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2019, 11:24:31 am »

Hm, prefer it for just MC-speak. And let me get a write in...

>"So, have y'all ever considered more 'undercover' operatives? No one ever pays attention to a human..."
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2019, 11:32:08 am »

I'm using the Default scheme, so I can hardly read the green text there.

"Say, what was that gunk the elf was brewing? And what was with that knife of his?"

Also, at some point...

>"So, have y'all ever considered more 'undercover' operatives? No one ever pays attention to a human..."

+1
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2019, 02:43:39 pm »

"Say, what was that gunk the elf was brewing? And what was with that knife of his?"

Also, at some point...

+1
+1

I'm also using the default scheme and I'm having trouble reading the green.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Outsider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2019, 02:33:33 pm »

Also, at some point...

+1
+1

I'm also using the default scheme and I'm having trouble reading the green.

((I see. No green will be used in the future then.))

"Can you at least tell me what that gunk he was cooking is? And maybe what was up with that knife of his while you're at it?"

"That we can do. You see, he was cooking lullaby. It's a drug to do with elven society. They take their dreams very seriously--I guess they're holy or something. Lullaby puts you to sleep--knocks you out cold--and takes your dreams with you. Some people might not like their dreams for whatever reason, which is why the drug is so popular."

"Indeed", the other replies, then adds, "It also grants the user a perfect sleep. You inhale it, drift off to sleep, and wake up as if you slept on a perfectly-fitting cloud." He shrugs.

"Aren't dreams the business of the individual? That seems like a violation of privacy."

"We don't make the rules. We just follow orders. Besides, this stuff has a dark side to it. It melts your brain, and after a while it can turn you into a husk; that's the best you can hope for."

"Too right", the other chimes in. "The worst being that your weakened brain opens the path for dream demons to come out and play. No one wants that--trust me."

You narrow your eyes and nod, but eventually give up this line of conversation. You never cared much for drugs anyway.

"As for the knife", the Lunarian pauses to reveal it from a hidden pocket on his body. "It was made using twilight. That explains its soft blue glow."

"Which is, honestly, more of a concern than the lullaby. I'm glad my partner picked it up."

". . . Okay. And this is a big deal because?"

"Because, it means the elves -- or someone in your country -- has harnessed dark and light energy. Perfectly. That's what twilight energy is. And that stuff can destroy reality if it's abused enough. The lullaby is one thing, but hardly an issue compared to twilight, as the demons wouldn't have a reality to play in if the stuff becomes volatile."

"Had the charged twilight hit you, it would've been an existence of pure agony before you faded away into nothingness. Pretty much any murder using it as a weapon is future cold case because you can't trace the stuff. It'll fry all fluids and fibers that would be left behind at the crime scene. Nasty stuff back in Age 0713. We had a twilight problem following the last war, BUT . . ."

"We managed to handle it". The Lunarian finishes sitting up straight and smiling widely.

"But almost got handled by it. Curb your pride", the other chides.

> ask how you make lullaby
> ask how you make twilight
> ask if hiring them was necessary; Catatonia has its own law enforcement
> ask something else (write in)
> do something else (write in)

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2019, 11:44:46 pm »

:D

Also this when we get the chance!
Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2019, 02:42:45 am »

:D

Also this when we get the chance!
+1

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2019, 10:54:58 am »

Eerhm I think we shouldn't try to pry too deeply into the art of making weapons of mass destruction

But otherwise +1 to "Undercover Operative Maybe?"
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2019, 11:24:45 pm »

Eerhm I think we shouldn't try to pry too deeply into the art of making weapons of mass destruction
Haha I mostly just want to see their reactions, and how much they know about it themselves.
Ear teeth
Pages: 1 2 [3]