Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Taking the Bus (SG)  (Read 3373 times)

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Re: Taking the Bus (SG)
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2019, 09:31:09 pm »

This causes the Elf--who is clearly not Rodriguez--to start behaving oddly.
Whoever this elf is, we seem pretty certain he ain't Rodriguez. Calling him an amnesiac'll probably just make him madder.
That's true enough~
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2019, 05:12:28 am »

Back away from not-Rodriguez, into the bus. "Oh, Rodriguez has a blue nose. Terribly sorry sir, thought you were an old friend of mine..."

Do we have any weapons?

Also, dexterity. Not getting hit by stuff is a good thing.

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2019, 03:50:19 pm »

(bump? ><)

Back away from not-Rodriguez, into the bus. "Oh, Rodriguez has a blue nose. Terribly sorry sir, thought you were an old friend of mine..."

Do we have any weapons?

Also, dexterity. Not getting hit by stuff is a good thing.

+1
+1
Ear teeth

Outsider

• Bay Watcher
  • SOMEONE HELP ME WITH AVATARS ON THIS BLOODY SITE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2019, 04:38:10 pm »

Quote from: Roll to not get gutted!
4*

The bus hasn't yet arrived, however you back up enough to miss having your nose sliced off as the Elf swipes for you. "Whoa!" you exclaim. "Sorry man. I-I thought you were a friend of mine, but it turns out Rodriguez has a blue nose! Haha. Oops?"

The Elf and the Lunarians just sit there blinking for a few moments, staring at you in wonder. One of the Lunarians are the first to break the silence. "A blue nose? On an Elf? That doesn't make any sense. I'm confused. Are you confusing Elves for another species?"

"What two-legged species has blue noses though?" asks the other. "Are you both on drugs, perhaps?"

"Also, Elf", says the first Lunarian. "You still haven't told us what you were doing with that lullaby in this part of the country."

"Ehhhh?! Why the hell does that concern you, carrot cake? Why don't you piss off back to the moon?" The Elf twists his knife a bit. "Unless you wanna get cut too."

At this point the threatened Lunarian sighs and bravely steps towards the Elf -- who flinches -- and produces a card from . . . somewhere. You lean a bit close (without getting close enough to get surprise slashed!) and catch a glimpse of the card. "As you can see", he begins, "I'm with the Lunarian Special Branch. Catatonia hired us to help investigate its drug problem. So I'd like to ask you a few-"

WOOSH!

The Elf's knife zooms past the Lunarian and into the bus stop stand behind you. It missed the lucky rabbit by inches. His partner is already moving, appearing to be drawing something on the sidewalk with a piece of chalk. It looks like some kind of . . . fancy circle? Art at a time like this!?

"You there, human. I need you to help subdue the Elf while I finish drawing this circle. Can you do that?" The Lunarian drawing doesn't take his eyes off his work, but he's just as focused on your answer as his task.

> Sure. Agree to help him. This guy tried to cut you so F him!
> Hell no! You almost got a free rhinoplasty earlier! This guy may come back for your ass when he gets done serving his time!
> Do something else?

((Thanks to MeimieFan88 for the bump!!))
Isekai: A suggestion game. High Fantasy, Action, Adventure.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2019, 05:31:34 pm »

Think about the anime we watch. This is usually how a protagonist gets introduced, winds up in a gang war or something, and lands a semi-love relationship with the neko (or Lunarian, in this case) with whom we get partnered.

DEAL.

Grab the knife, it'll be good to have a dexterity-type weapon. Then say something witty, like "Listen, pal, stand down and go with the cops. Or this knife'll make your nose bluer than Rodriguez's when I cut it off."
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 05:36:11 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2019, 07:03:36 pm »

Fight now. Words later. Grab something heavy enough to hurt, light enough to throw, and use that almighty Dex stat to chuck it at the elf's head when he's not looking. Once he's stunned (or at least before he has time to react), beat him down as quickly and viciously as possible.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2019, 08:39:02 pm »

+1 to helping the cute bunny peoples defeat this menace of society! And how dare he look like Rodriguez but without Rodriguez's blue nose!

Think about the anime we watch. This is usually how a protagonist gets introduced, winds up in a gang war or something, and lands a semi-love relationship with the neko (or Lunarian, in this case) with whom we get partnered.

DEAL.

Grab the knife, it'll be good to have a dexterity-type weapon. Then say something witty, like "Listen, pal, stand down and go with the cops. Or this knife'll make your nose bluer than Rodriguez's when I cut it off."
+1, that Lunarian is cute even for a Lunarian! Let's be suave here~
Ear teeth

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2019, 09:13:30 pm »

Alright, if we're shipping, we need to define our appearance. Male? Female? Attack Helicopter?
Pretty? Elegant? Badass? Cute Otaku Shutin?

It should be noted that according to pronouns, both of the current Lunarians are Male. I mean, I just got the oddest craving for some guy on guy, myself...
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2019, 02:00:42 am »

It should be noted that according to pronouns, both of the current Lunarians are Male. I mean, I just got the oddest craving for some guy on guy, myself...
I've no issue with that!

And for our appearance,
Cute Otaku Shutin?
Dis wun mebe~
Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2019, 05:17:38 am »

Fight now. Words later. Grab something heavy enough to hurt, light enough to throw, and use that almighty Dex stat to chuck it at the elf's head when he's not looking. Once he's stunned (or at least before he has time to react), beat him down as quickly and viciously as possible.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2019, 03:55:22 pm »

+1
+1 for the blood god!
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2019, 08:40:16 pm »

Bump, now with our character's speech color of light green!

EDIT: With Glow Green because light green alone is bad for eyes.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 08:43:36 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2019, 03:09:14 am »

(Bump?~!)
Ear teeth

Outsider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2019, 10:52:16 am »

+1
+1 for the blood god!

You don't think to answer the Lunarian's question. You'll help his buddy who is currently engaged in hand-to-hand with the elf; the artist knows what he's doing and you wouldn't want to get in the way. Not during a crucial time such as this! Think, think! You get an idea: find something to hurl at this psychopath, giving the Lunarian time to react and disarm him. The poor rabbit already has some minor cuts on his wrists! Crimson droplets trail along with his arms' movements.

Quote from: Find Object!

You end up using the bus stop's rubbish bin to toss at the elf.

Quote from: Barrel it at the elf!!

But you could barely lift it. Guess it's still full. You only manage to tip it and spill its contents all over the sidewalk. At least you didn't get any on you. You sort through the trash to find something -- anything -- that can be used to help the rabbit. That's when you find a large water jug, still somewhat full (about half a gallon). You pull your arm back and throw, and the plastic container nicks the elf's forehead. A dead-on hit! He staggers backwards a bit and is dazed by the confusion of what hit him. It wasn't too painful, just very surprising. The rabbit stops to look at you as well before going back to his target and reaching for the knife.

The sidewalk rumbles a bit before concrete hands appear from the circle the other Lunarian drew. With the knife removed from the elf, the hands quickly speed towards him, delivering a few painful blows and eventually knocking him to the ground. "Nice work", his partner mutters, offering a curt nod.

"Thanks", he replies. "Uh, are you . . ." he trails off once his glance lowers to his partner's wrists.

"Oh. These?" He holds his short arms up, then dismisses the concern with a wave. "Let's bag this guy. We'll have Central send a bus for him."

You . . . still don't know what the hell just happened. Firstly, an insane elf cooking up drugs. Then, he tries to cut you and the Lunarian. Lastly, hands come out of nowhere and mess this guy up. What kind of day is this?!

> Ask the Lunarian about the "Special Branch". Who exactly hired them and why?
> Ask the (other) Lunarian about the weird concrete hands. What kind of magic was that?
> Ask not!Rodriguez (when he wakes up) if he's 100% sure he isn't Rodriguez.
> Do something else (write in).

Outsider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2019, 10:53:06 am »

EDIT: With Glow Green because light green alone is bad for eyes.
Is it? May I ask how you know that? Honestly curious.

Also, liking that glow-green color. I want to integrate it into the SG, but don't know how I'd do that. Maybe character speech? Hmm.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 10:58:45 am by Outsider »
Pages: 1 [2] 3