Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Question about Limb Modding  (Read 1233 times)

Korgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question about Limb Modding
« on: May 04, 2019, 06:56:14 pm »

Question, can I make a aditional limb in the raws just for punching without having that limb grasping weapons?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 08:30:35 pm by Korgoth »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Limb Modding
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 11:47:14 am »

Yes. You'd just need to make the limb without giving any part the [GRASP] token. I could help more, but could I have some more details about what you're trying to make?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Korgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 02:29:22 pm »

Thank you for your reply! I like to play in a very especific way with my characters, giving then some goal on the adventure mode, and a always make on adventure mode  some type of Overpowered villan so they can try to beat it. Recently i Saw a lets play on youtube, Krugsmash more specific, where one of the antagonist is a demon king with a body of a centepede. I want to create a playable race where i'm going to play like this villan first, i want him to have a four arms to grasp, four arms just to punch, and four legs.
A dont want the fours arms just to punch with the "stance" tags on it, because I dont want to make my villan lose his ability to stand in the middle of his story because of a severed arm with the stance tag on it, but i dont want to put a grasp on it because, in my point of view, it would made the game less fun, with less danger with eight freaking weapons or shilds on it. Its to be op, but not Armok op.

Sorry for any misspelling, english is not my native language.

Korgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 02:37:35 pm »

Example:
[BP:LUA:left upper arm:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB]
[CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER]
      [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:200]
The upper arm, it doesnt have the "grasp" token on it, so it can only do wrestreling moves, but it cannot punch.
But if I put a "grasp" token on it, it statrs to automatic grasp a weapon like a hand.
I want a arm who can jusp punch, or a arm who can do wrestreling moves, punch but I dont want the arm to grasp any weapons.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 02:40:27 pm by Korgoth »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 03:28:52 pm »

You need to take the [GRASP] token off the attached hand, and rework the punch attack in their creature file to find their hands without looking for the GRASP token.

I set up a bodyplan that should work for you, what do you think of this? The joints are also included so that enemies can break this character's various wrists and shoulders and such properly.

Code: [Select]
[BODY:8ARMS_4LEGS_KORG]
[BP:UB:upper body:upper bodies][UPPERBODY][CATEGORY:BODY_UPPER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:1000]
[BP:LB:lower body:lower bodies][CON:UB][LOWERBODY][CATEGORY:BODY_LOWER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:1000]
[BP:NK:neck:STP][CON:UB][CATEGORY:NECK]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:150]
[BP:HD:head:STP][CON:NK][HEAD][CATEGORY:HEAD]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:300]
[BP:RUA1:first right upper arm:STP][CON:UB][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER]
[BP:LUA1:first left upper arm:STP][CON:UB][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER]
[BP:RLA1:first right lower arm:STP][CON:RUA1][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:ARM_LOWER]
[BP:LLA1:first left lower arm:STP][CON:LUA1][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:ARM_LOWER]
[BP:RH1:first right hand:STP][CON:RLA1][GRASP][RIGHT][CATEGORY:HAND]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:80]
[BP:LH1:first left hand:STP][CON:LLA1][GRASP][LEFT][CATEGORY:HAND]
[BP:RUA2:second right upper arm:STP][CON:UB][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER]
[BP:LUA2:second left upper arm:STP][CON:UB][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER]
[BP:RLA2:second right lower arm:STP][CON:RUA2][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:ARM_LOWER]
[BP:LLA2:second left lower arm:STP][CON:LUA2][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:ARM_LOWER]
[BP:RH2:second right hand:STP][CON:RLA2][GRASP][RIGHT][CATEGORY:HAND]
[BP:LH2:second left hand:STP][CON:LLA2][GRASP][LEFT][CATEGORY:HAND]

[BP:RUA3:third right upper arm:STP][CON:UB][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER]
[BP:LUA3:third left upper arm:STP][CON:UB][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER]
[BP:RLA3:third right lower arm:STP][CON:RUA1][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:ARM_LOWER]
[BP:LLA3:third left lower arm:STP][CON:LUA1][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:ARM_LOWER]
[BP:RH3:third right hand:STP][CON:RLA1][RIGHT][CATEGORY:HAND]
[BP:LH3:third left hand:STP][CON:LLA1][LEFT][CATEGORY:HAND]
[BP:RUA4:fourth right upper arm:STP][CON:UB][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER]
[BP:LUA4:fourth left upper arm:STP][CON:UB][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER]
[BP:RLA4:fourth right lower arm:STP][CON:RUA2][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:ARM_LOWER]
[BP:LLA4:fourth left lower arm:STP][CON:LUA2][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:ARM_LOWER]
[BP:RH4:fourth right hand:STP][CON:RLA2][RIGHT][CATEGORY:HAND]
[BP:LH4:fourth left hand:STP][CON:LLA2][LEFT][CATEGORY:HAND]

[BP:RUL1:first right upper leg:STP][CON:LB][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:LEG_UPPER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:500]
[BP:LUL1:first left upper leg:STP][CON:LB][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:LEG_UPPER]
[BP:RLL1:first right lower leg:STP][CON:RUL1][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:LEG_LOWER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:400]
[BP:LLL1:first left lower leg:STP][CON:LUL1][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:LEG_LOWER]
[BP:RF1:first right foot:first right feet][CON:RLL1][STANCE][RIGHT][CATEGORY:FOOT]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:120]
[BP:LF1:first left foot:first left feet][CON:LLL1][STANCE][LEFT][CATEGORY:FOOT]

[BP:RUL2:second right upper leg:STP][CON:LB][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:LEG_UPPER]
[BP:LUL2:second left upper leg:STP][CON:LB][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:LEG_UPPER]
[BP:RLL2:second right lower leg:STP][CON:RUL2][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:LEG_LOWER]
[BP:LLL2:second left lower leg:STP][CON:LUL2][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:LEG_LOWER]
[BP:RF2:second right foot:second right feet][CON:RLL2][STANCE][RIGHT][CATEGORY:FOOT]
[BP:LF2:second left foot:second left feet][CON:LLL2][STANCE][LEFT][CATEGORY:FOOT]

[BODY:KORG_CUSTOM_JOINTS]
[BP:RUA_J1:first right shoulder:STP][CON:RUA1][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][RIGHT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:100]
[BP:LUA_J1:first left shoulder:STP][CON:LUA1][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][LEFT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[BP:RLA_J1:first right elbow:STP][CON:RLA1][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][RIGHT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:20]
[BP:LLA_J1:first left elbow:STP][CON:LLA1][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][LEFT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[BP:RH_J1:first right wrist:STP][CON:RH1][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][RIGHT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[BP:LH_J1:first left wrist:STP][CON:LH1][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][LEFT][CATEGORY:JOINT]

[BP:RUA_J2:second right shoulder:STP][CON:RUA2][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][RIGHT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[BP:LUA_J2:second left shoulder:STP][CON:LUA2][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][LEFT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[BP:RLA_J2:second right elbow:STP][CON:RLA2][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][RIGHT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[BP:LLA_J2:second left elbow:STP][CON:LLA2][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][LEFT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[BP:RH_J2:second right wrist:STP][CON:RH2][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][RIGHT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[BP:LH_J2:second left wrist:STP][CON:LH2][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][LEFT][CATEGORY:JOINT]

[BP:RUA_J3:third right shoulder:STP][CON:RUA3][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][RIGHT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[BP:LUA_J3:third left shoulder:STP][CON:LUA3][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][LEFT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[BP:RLA_J3:third right elbow:STP][CON:RLA3][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][RIGHT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[BP:LLA_J3:third left elbow:STP][CON:LLA3][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][LEFT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[BP:RH_J3:third right wrist:STP][CON:RH3][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][RIGHT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[BP:LH_J3:third left wrist:STP][CON:LH3][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][LEFT][CATEGORY:JOINT]

[BP:RUA_J4:fourth right shoulder:STP][CON:RUA4][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][RIGHT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[BP:LUA_J4:fourth left shoulder:STP][CON:LUA4][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][LEFT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[BP:RLA_J4:fourth right elbow:STP][CON:RLA4][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][RIGHT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[BP:LLA_J4:fourth left elbow:STP][CON:LLA4][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][LEFT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[BP:RH_J4:fourth right wrist:STP][CON:RH4][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][RIGHT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[BP:LH_J4:fourth left wrist:STP][CON:LH4][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][LEFT][CATEGORY:JOINT]

[BP:RUL_J1:first right hip:STP][CON:RUL1][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][RIGHT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:50]
[BP:LUL_J1:first left hip:STP][CON:LUL1][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][LEFT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[BP:RLL_J1:first right knee:STP][CON:RLL1][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][RIGHT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[BP:LLL_J1:first left knee:STP][CON:LLL1][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][LEFT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[BP:RF_J1:first right ankle:STP][CON:RF1][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][RIGHT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[BP:LF_J1:first left ankle:STP][CON:LF1][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][LEFT][CATEGORY:JOINT]

[BP:RUL_J2:second right hip:STP][CON:RUL2][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][RIGHT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[BP:LUL_J2:second left hip:STP][CON:LUL2][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][LEFT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[BP:RLL_J2:second right knee:STP][CON:RLL2][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][RIGHT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[BP:LLL_J2:second left knee:STP][CON:LLL2][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][LEFT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[BP:RF_J2:second right ankle:STP][CON:RF2][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][RIGHT][CATEGORY:JOINT]
[BP:LF_J2:second left ankle:STP][CON:LF2][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][LEFT][CATEGORY:JOINT]

Replace their usual punches with this.

[ATTACK:PUNCH:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:HAND]
[ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:punch:punches]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Korgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 04:24:29 pm »

In the name of Armok, thank you so much!
I really apreciate the time and effort you putted on the reply! I loved! Thank you again! gonna try right away!
Also, sorry for asking another question, but do you know how to make natural abilities? like spit? or poison spit, to be more specific

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 05:34:27 pm »

Sure, but what do you want the poison to do when it hits?
My mods and forum games.

Korgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 06:59:21 pm »

Firstly i thought to paralyze, but it would be to op, I dunno, Something poisonusss
Ithank you so much, the creature is working as intended!!!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2019, 07:13:58 pm »

It's been a while since I made something like this, but I copied and slightly modified the spit from the Dilophosaurus in my Jurassic Park pack. Put this below the body detail plans and replace the references to Dilophosaurus and DILOPHOSAURUSEP with the appropriate parts from your creature. I gave the venom identical effects to a rattlesnake bite.

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:VENOM:CREATURE_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:frozen Dilophosaurus venom]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen Dilophosaurus venom]
[STATE_NAME:LIQUID:Dilophosaurus venom]
[STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:Dilophosaurus venom]
[STATE_NAME:GAS:boiling Dilophosaurus venom]
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling Dilophosaurus venom]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[ENTERS_BLOOD]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:Dilophosaurus spit]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:DILOPHOSAURUSEP:ALL]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[CE_PAIN:SEV:75:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:50:PEAK:500:END:1500]
[CE_BLEEDING:SEV:10:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:50:PEAK:75:END:100]
[CE_SWELLING:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:50:PEAK:500:END:1500]
[CE_BRUISING:SEV:50:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:50:PEAK:500:END:1500]
[CE_BLISTERS:SEV:50:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:50:PEAK:500:END:1500]
[CE_NECROSIS:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:50:PEAK:800:END:3000]
[CE_NAUSEA:SEV:50:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:50:PEAK:500:END:1500]
[CE_DIZZINESS:SEV:50:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:50:PEAK:500:END:1500]

Put this with the creature's attacks.

[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Spit]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH]
[CDI:MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:VENOM:LIQUID_GLOB]
[CDI:VERB:spit:spits:NA]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:15]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:1000]

You're welcome, by the way!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 07:15:44 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Korgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2019, 10:35:20 am »

thank you! You're an hero!
Last question, i swear hahaha
If i ever want to make a natural ability to all the creatures, like spit, how can i do it?
I have to individually put a interaction on every single one of them? Or there is a way to make a global interaction?
I know it may sound silly, but like a "barf" natural ability for example
I 'm already thinking about the first hero who is going to destroy "DETESTOR ALLIEDHATE" and its going to be a drunk dwarf who barfs a lot hahaha
Dunno if hess going to succeed in his quest, but he will surely try to do so.... ;D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 10:39:16 am by Korgoth »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2019, 12:15:04 pm »

Do you mean all the creatures of a certain species, or everything in the world?

*As for vomiting in particular, that's already in the game.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 12:16:38 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Korgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2019, 12:19:20 pm »

Every living creature. But i cannot vomit whenever i like, like spit for example.
I wanna make possible to press "x" go to natural abilities and go to "barf". With every playable race at least.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2019, 01:43:33 pm »

...I've helped with quite a few unusual requests on this forum, but I think wanting to barf at will is probably #1.

I bet I can do it. Stand by.

*I'm trying to figure out how to make an interaction that inflicts a syndrome on the user to briefly induce severe nausea. I'm having trouble getting it to work, but hopefully I can set this up for you.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 02:42:15 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Korgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2019, 02:55:29 pm »

Thank you! Do you know where is the interaction spit on the raws? I could not find it anywhere :(
Maybe just make a interaction that just discribes the interaction, It doesnt have to have a real physicality, or copy de spit version so a I can barf on the face of an bogeyman!
But I cant find the global spit interaction, or any spit interacition script on the raws to try edit something on them

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2019, 02:56:27 pm »

Thank you! Do you know where is the interaction spit on the raws? I could not find it anywhere :(
Maybe just make a interaction that just discribes the interaction, It doesnt have to have a real physicality, or copy de spit version so a I can barf on the face of an bogeyman!
But I cant finde the global spit interaction, or any spit interacition script on the raws to try edit something on them

It's in the individual creature, theres no such thing as a global interaction, even the interaction specified in the raws have to be added to the creature to use them
Pages: [1] 2