Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: WIZARD Ramble! - An Illustrated RTD Dungeon-Crawl!  (Read 7069 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARD Ramble! - An Illustrated RTD Dungeon-Crawl!
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2019, 03:46:13 pm »

"Perhaps we require more aid. More allies for the cause!"

Use my chalk to draw a summoning circle. Then attempt to summon something using the words 'Protect, Shine, Truth'.

"Hear me, watcher in the stars, shepard of truth, beacon in the night. Send me your servant, that we may defeat our foes and find what we are looking for."

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2019, 04:17:22 pm »

Spoiler: my sheet (click to show/hide)
it's over

foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike true
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2019, 07:28:51 pm »

A human soldier who somehow fucked up with staying in the proper dimension and got teleported here. Appearance wise is an elite spec ops soldier. Has a holster on his right leg for a pistol, which is currently occupied by a magic nerf gun.

-Ashakatah (A M4A1 imbued with magic powers, making it capable of being extremely modular, with the ability to swap out it's upper reciever with any other gun's reciever with a bit of
   modification to make it fit mostly seamlessly. Mag fed with 30 round capacity. Somehow manages to also injure a random other alive, currently existing in thread enemy.)

I want to let you know that I have chosen to reject your wizard concept Ocra.
I personally don't believe this will fit well in the setting. With a fully-functional assault rifle that has a full mag already, it's too strong for my story.
Additionally, I don't know how I could fit him in if he just came from another dimension but is now ready to storm a tower for a broccoli-headed warlord. I feel he would be more focused on figuring out what or where he is.

If I misunderstood your description however, and he's been a part of this dimension for a while, then I doubt he'd have much ammo left after surviving in this world for long.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2019, 06:47:16 am »

((Also, a nerf dart traveling at 0.6441 c would have more energy than some nuclear weapons, which, due to being fired within an atmosphere, would immediately create a nuclear fireball centered on poor Mr. McSoldier.  While the lower speed would make it substantially less destructive than XKCD's well-known relativistic baseball, it'd still be little more than a (very very impressive) method of suicide.  Also, you're probably not supposed to start with anything comparable to a nuclear weapon.

Maybe just make it have a 1% chance of firing a .50 BMG bullet?  That's more in line with your desired power level, I think.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2019, 10:05:53 am »

Still room for one more?

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2019, 10:32:26 am »

((Also, a nerf dart traveling at 0.6441 c would have more energy than some nuclear weapons, which, due to being fired within an atmosphere, would immediately create a nuclear fireball centered on poor Mr. McSoldier.  While the lower speed would make it substantially less destructive than XKCD's well-known relativistic baseball, it'd still be little more than a (very very impressive) method of suicide.  Also, you're probably not supposed to start with anything comparable to a nuclear weapon.

Maybe just make it have a 1% chance of firing a .50 BMG bullet?  That's more in line with your desired power level, I think.))
Just give him the ability to convert an object's mass into energy via annihilation just by touching it -- but the resultant blast is shaped in his direction.

... On second thought, nvm. Even a fingernail would have enough energy to blow up an entire room.

foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike true
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2019, 10:37:39 am »

Still room for one more?

Go for it.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2019, 12:29:43 pm »

Just give him the ability to convert an object's mass into energy via annihilation just by touching it -- but the resultant blast is shaped in his direction.

... On second thought, nvm. Even a fingernail would have enough energy to blow up an entire room.
Unless I'm mistaken, a fingernail(let's assume its mass to be 0,5 g) would result in 4,5e+13 joules of energy released. That's about equal to 100 kilotons TNT, or (le sigh, it always comes to devastated cities) eight Hiroshimas or 25 Dresden bombings.
Most of it will be in all sorts of weird-ass short-lived particles that come from proton and neutron annihilation, though I'm not exactly sure what kind of particles annihilation of matter without antimatter would yield from a physics perspective. (It'll probably have to happen by turning the matter into quark-gluon plasma? No idea how that would work.) So it's not quite certain how much of that energy will be in particles large enough to impart their energy to surrounding matter, as opposed to high-energy gamma rays and neutrinos. Probably a lot of it.

So, technically, it would indeed have enough energy to blow up an entire room. Along with the rest of the tower and probably the siegers' tents as well.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 12:40:25 pm by HmH »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2019, 02:52:52 pm »

Spoiler: Fleshmonger Nost (click to show/hide)

I was tempted to just play as a skeleton with a die, but I figured a merchant/medic/necromancer was more fun.  Lemme know if I'm OP PLZ NERF.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 02:55:15 pm by piecewise »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2019, 05:35:13 pm »

So, technically, it would indeed have enough energy to blow up an entire room. Along with the rest of the tower and probably the siegers' tents as well.
Regardless, I think that eight Hiroshima bombs would destroy a little bit more than just the structure you’re standing in and the field outside it.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2019, 08:03:36 pm »

Full?

"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike true
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2019, 07:55:59 am »

The main party is full for the moment so I'll put your character in reserve until a spot shows up.

foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike true
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2019, 07:17:13 pm »

Adam looks for a mantlet (portable shield for sieges), or suitably big rock to get behind. This place looks hella open with all those archers in the tower. Glott chortles maliciously, "First minute 'n he's a coward! I preach cowardice! No farms to buy out here anyway, they all BURNED UP! HA!"

And speaking of the archers. Adam sets his eyes on the little holes over the gate, focusing on the arrows & other missiles coming from within. Words trickle out of his mouth that he shouldn't even have the organs to produce...

"Fm'latgh, grah'n... Y'lw'nafh n'ghft." (Edit:  "Hex, Bewitch, Hopeless".)

Adam casts a curse on the tower's archers for attacking us! May bad luck dog their steps! May their shafts find the backs of their fellows, their own traps clap shut 'round their necks, and their minds quake with hopelessness before our might.

Stand back at a distance, somewhere the archers' arrows will lose a bit of their speed before hitting me, and hope the armor's enchantments will view arrows as something similar to shrapnel.
Spell: Bolt, Shatter, Wood! Blast the front door into pieces so other siegers can get inside easily.

Thinking cautiously Adam moves quickly behind a nearby siege-cover, seeing his commotion Daalira quickly joins him.
Without hesitation, they amass their own thoughts into their spellcasting...

Adam (1d6+1=5)

Daalira (1d6+1=3)

With singular concentration, Adam squeezes curse upon curse into the cramped minds of the defenders, many lose morale, some fall into outright-madness, mumbling and babbling.
Some of the completely hopeless cower beneath their archer nests, reducing the incoming spells and projectiles falling on the besieging heads!

On the other hand, Daalira points to the wooden gate positively focusing on it's destruction!
Unfortunately, a fizzy bolt of sharp steel directs itself into the huge wooden doorway chipping away at some of it's boards and planks...

Within the split second of the spells' completion, a few arrows hurtle towards the pair, luckily their battlement should aid their defense...

Daalira (1d6+1 siege-cover=5)

Adam (1d6+1 siege-cover=3)

Fwoosh!
Proud with his spell-casting Adam is delayed to notice the quick arrival of a cluster of arrows!
Three land near his right foot and an awkward fourth skims his right leg, tearing through his trouser and leaving a shallow-cut on his leg.

Damn it, I forgot to add a belt to Gordack. That’s gonna bug me for about five minutes, then he’ll probably die.
Gordack grabs a belt if he can find one, and wraps it around his waist. He then will get behind the various peoples marching at the gate, and shoot a spell, Radial, Cowardly, Terrifying at the defenders above the front gate. He then says:
Hopefully, they should start running away screaming. Or they might not. Either way, it’ll be a distraction to one side or another...

Meanwhile, Gordack dashes to the edge of the field of battle. Squinting he peers for a dead wizard no longer in need of girdle...

What belt does he find?
(Roll 1d10=4)

DEX SAVE
(roll 1d6=5)

He finds a corpse with little difficulty on a battle-field.
After poking-around to see that the cadaver isn't set with a vengeful hex or booby-trap, he snags it's belt with ease.
The belt is a soft leather style. Dyed blue with brass clasps and decorations, it's a dignified piece of clothing, almost lordly! A brown leather satchel is attached to it's front, the leather looks rough and cracked.
As you tie it to your waist and give it a tug you notice a fire-ball fly a few feet behind you. An amateur shot, you think to yourself...
time to show them a real spell!

(roll 1d6+1=3)

Gordack arrogantly closes his eyes and fixates his arcana on the minds of some defenders! Intent on sending them reeling to their hiding-spots he tries to jab their mind into submission...
Unfortunately, the spell only causes the defenders to remember that one embarrassing moment from their childhood that they keep trying to forget...
The defenders cringe and wince but quickly return to siege-warfare!

(Looks really great.  Thank you.)

Cast Flying Block Platform, to create a platform which I then ride through the air towards the door.  Zip it around to dodge incoming shots, a true smitemaster never loses his footing.

If the spell fails, just follow the narrow pathway

(roll 1d6+1=2)

The big ugly purple guy with the big sword, mindfully casts out his spell and takes a step to the incoming platform...
As soon as your foot lands on a surface the distinct crunch of grass beneath your boot notifies you that the spell failed...

With a sigh of disappointment you move to the narrow trail and casually fall behind the main army of besiegers.

"Perhaps we require more aid. More allies for the cause!"

Use my chalk to draw a summoning circle. Then attempt to summon something using the words 'Protect, Shine, Truth'.

"Hear me, watcher in the stars, shepard of truth, beacon in the night. Send me your servant, that we may defeat our foes and find what we are looking for."

Krofeus, finds his familiar chalk and get's to drawing a rune-circle in the ground.
As the chalk digs through a faint layer of dirt, he finishes his circle and put's away his chalk... the summoning spell is next...

(roll 1d6+1=6)

As the rune-lines glow and rumble a momentary light appears above the circle...
Within seconds it reverse to a blackness similar to that of the night-sky. As the light changes, the summons form appears out of the empty air!

You immediately notice the lengthy tendrils continuously emerging from it's center. From their pitch-colored length you notice droplets of a deep dark liquid seeping from the beast, the liquid seems to dig into the soil...

Your gaze continues to the source of it's numerous arms into it's center, where four white eyes are situated. They really stand out from it's dim appearance.

As you glare at this magical beast with curiosity, it begins to hover above you. Wrapping it's tendrils near and around you as if there we're an invisible sphere around your flesh.
You feel somewhat defended, if not encouraged by the creature's presence. With confusion however, you wonder how such a dark beast could have been made from your bright spell...

A bit quick to charge in.

Rū takes her Sakazuki and pours the sake over her unsheathed Sakeblade.

"Flow, Float, River"

The Flowing Sake slowly but surely forms streams entering into the arrowslits in the tower, floating in the air, waiting, poisoning. All from her.

(roll 1d6+1=3)

You generously cover your blade with the sake, as it seeps off it's edge you point it to the tower and watch it dissipate into a fine stream... it floats on it's way to the tower through the slits and-.... wait it's going everywhere now...
As the sake mist flows throughout the battlefield, attackers and defenders alike begin to feel a light intoxication, relieving the fear in men's hearts and granting them courage!
And getting a few a little tipsy... Although the defenders afflicted by Adam's madness aren't affected, some of the less-afflicted have regained some of their courage, if not blinded themselves to their fear.

Alisdair immediately downs his potion of mystery, before screaming a battle cry at the top of his lungs and charging down that narrow path towards the front door.
((Have another comment complementing your art, I'm quite liking this so far!))

Sornwerk looks up at the many archers and mages targeting his allies, then back down at his dinky little rifle that he has precisely two non-useful bullets for.  Then one of his allies chugs a potion and charges into the fray heedless of any danger, and he shrugs, before setting off after the man.

Raise one arm and cast a spell with the words "Protective, Moving, Dome", then run along with the crazy brave guy that's charging forward (and any other PCs), trying to keep them under the dome's aegis.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
((I like the way you draw fish people in particular.))

Charge the gate alongside Alisdair.
charge at the front gate using my dexterity to avoid attacks.
If possible try to stab the door the door with my dagger of unlikely Death maybe it will make it fall.

Sornwerk (roll 1d6+1=5)

Alisdair's (roll 1d10000=3531)

Alisdair downs his elixir of mystery and with very low expectations charges courageously for the gate!
Seeing his bravery many come to his side and join the charge, finally a four wizard wide charge commences!
With a quick wit and a strong mind Sornwerk's spell of protection forms. A round sphere, having a faint red glow and a glass-like texture forms. The spell is of excellent quality and with his arm raised Sornwerk watches all projectiles bounce off his magic shield!
Wait, what's that weird feeling...?

As you all notice the change of pace of the charge from forward to downwards it becomes apparent something is awry. Peering around yourself it seems you've all begun sinking into the earth below. Strangely it's not that the dirt turned to mud, in-fact it seems more that the grass and ground has slowly begun making-way for you, allowing a gentle descent to the unknown below your feet.

It seems the potion has caused the ground beneath Alisdair's feet to turn into a whirlpool. Fascinating!

After a long moment of sinking you all drop down into a very warm room. Well, less a room and more-so a cavern of sorts?

As you land on your feet and peer towards anything interesting, you all notice a singular blazing light above the center of the room.
Beneath it is a large, almost perfectly circular pool of steaming water. It has no distinctive smell but it's color is light cyan, almost tropical.
As you begin to sweat you assume that this room is some kind of sauna or a public-bath.

In your quick assessment you find one door connected to the wall and a stairway leading up higher... The room is empty of any wizards.

Spoiler: Fleshmonger Nost (click to show/hide)

I was tempted to just play as a skeleton with a die, but I figured a merchant/medic/necromancer was more fun.  Lemme know if I'm OP PLZ NERF.

With your brimmed hat blocking the bright sun, you smell the taste of iron in the air and know that the bloodshed of a siege has started.
You are currently at the war-camp, within your personal tent, it houses your travel-belongings and what-not.
You wonder what you will do today.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2019, 07:40:57 pm »

Didn't quite mean to cast the wide area spell, but this will do too.

"Emblazen, Form, Ignition!"

The Mist forms script upon the walls of the tower, each repeating three words.

snk, goes the Sakeblade as it is sheathed, Ignition, and the entire castle wall goes up in a EXPLOSION!

In edit to another, Emblazon, to adorn. Despite having Blaze in it, it is not a blaze. Unless you emblazon with flame of course, which this isn't.

Emblazon, conspicuously inscribe or display a design on.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 09:14:26 am by TricMagic »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2019, 07:41:37 pm »

Alisdair looks baffled for a good ten seconds, before managing to sputter out:
"Just as planned, a perfect infiltration!"
He then goes to refill his potion from the bathwater, before jogging over to the door and unnecessarily ramming it open with his shoulder.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4