Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I change unit's size with gm-editor?  (Read 1068 times)

runedog48

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do I change unit's size with gm-editor?
« on: April 24, 2019, 05:05:45 pm »

When I use gm-editor to change a units current and base size it still says the unit is "average size for a [race]". I'm guessing those values are calculated from the size of the body parts that make up the unit or something so its not as easy as just change cur_size and base_size? Is there an easy way to modify the size of a unit?

LukeRM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I change unit's size with gm-editor?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 10:18:17 am »

For that descriptor to change, you have to find the body_appearance_modifier (height and broadness for a humanoid) and change it. I forget which menu it's in, but it's in there somewhere.

runedog48

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I change unit's size with gm-editor?
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 02:05:02 pm »

For that descriptor to change, you have to find the body_appearance_modifier (height and broadness for a humanoid) and change it. I forget which menu it's in, but it's in there somewhere.

I changed both of those to max and in the unit's description it says they're gigantic however it still says they're average size when looking at them ( not in their physical description ).

Edit: Under appearance is a variable called "size_modifier". It seems to just affect the size description and is not actually related to the size values.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 09:16:51 pm by runedog48 »