Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 43

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 2 -GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 99620 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 - Day 4 - Sea Bones - Replacement Needed x1
« Reply #525 on: May 14, 2019, 07:18:34 am »

Huh. That's... OK, actually. I hadn't really looked at Deus' case much; he was a complete null-read for me.
-----------------------
I don't have time right now to link this up to quotes properly, but the relevant material's all in D3. Not hard to find.

Leafsnail

Soon after Tric posts his "slip", you jump in to advocate a no-lynch and to draw attention away from Tric towards Nirur Torir. When Nirur Torir calls you out on it, you dismiss Tric's "slip" as a typographical error, offering up a shoddy reinterpretation of what was a pretty clear post at the time. You then continue to attack Nirur Torir.

RGU calls you out on your strange reinterpretation. You continue to insist that Tric's slip is most likely a typographical error, nothing more. We don't buy it, so you continue attempting to draw attention back to Nirur Torir. You then advocate a No Lynch again.

Nnnnope. We still don't buy it. So you declare Tric to be a "village idiot" whose posts are not to be taken seriously, and declare that if you were scum, you could've told TricMagic not to say the stuff he said. Hello WIFOM!

If you'd just been defending TricMagic on one count, I could pass it by. But you've been defending Tric on multiple counts, inventing new ways to pull attention off him whenever the last one fails. Why? Why were you so convinced lynching him was a bad idea? Why... unless he was scum, and you were scum, and you were trying to defend your scumbuddy? Explain!

(Incidentally, I'm inclined to believe you did try to coach Tric into playing better and failed, which is why you seemed so irritated with him towards the end of the Day. But I'll not build a case on being irritated with Tric.)
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 14, 2019, 07:26:02 am »

Quote from: Those who didn't visit
Superdorf
Nirur Torir
Shakerag
Leafsnail
KitRougard

If I'm reading this right, then it means Deus Asmoth visited me during the last night before dying. Also, I was about to make a post regarding Leafsnail, but at this point it would just be repeating everything Superdorf already just said.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 14, 2019, 07:59:01 am »

It seems difficult to convince people to step off so instead I'll make sure I get all my information out first.

My starting ability lets me swap a copy of it (IE: I get to keep it) with a dead player.

Day two: I stole Starver/Kingawsum's double track ability.
Night two: I tracked Shakerag (he visited Nirur Torir) and KitRougard (he visited himself).
Day three: I stole IcyTea's 'save' ability.
Night three: I tracked Superdorf (he visited Shakerag) and Deus Asmuth (he visited RGU, Leafsnail and Superdorf).

I think it's unlikely that TricMagic would've performed the kill night two - his ability was very strong, and I think he may have been leaning into it in the hope of getting a town inspection on him. So the question of who performed the kill night two remains open - I can confirm it was neither Shakerag nor Kit.

I suspect there might be a breaking strategy involving RGU's ability and my protect. He can confirm my visit to him each night and I can make sure he doesn't die (and if he does you'll know I did it).

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 14, 2019, 08:14:38 am »

I gained an ability last night, fwiw.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 14, 2019, 08:19:28 am »

So, who hasn't claimed yet? At this point, a massclaim might be worth considering.

randomgenericusername: Can inform two targets of a dead player's action type. Can also see the names of everyone eho didn't target me during the night.
KitRougard: Can see his own target. (Also, I don't recall seeing any report from him during the last days, so could have performed the kill.)
Shakerag: Claims to be able to brainwash a target into acting on multiple targets.
Nirur Torir: Can gift his vote to another player. Can also redirect the actions of a random player to a random target.
Leafsnail: See above.

Am I missing anyone else?
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 14, 2019, 08:20:57 am »

There's also someone who has been gifting abilities, too. Could probably be the same person that gave me the "see the names of everyone who doesn't visit" ability I got the first night. And a possible votestealer, too.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 14, 2019, 08:30:18 am »

One last thing.
Day two: I stole Starver/Kingawsum's double track ability.
Night two: I tracked Shakerag (he visited Nirur Torir) and KitRougard (he visited himself).
Day three: I stole IcyTea's 'save' ability.
Night three: I tracked Superdorf (he visited Shakerag) and Deus Asmuth (he visited RGU, Leafsnail and Superdorf).

Leafsnail: If you had a protect, why did you not try to protect anyone at all during the night?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 14, 2019, 11:35:50 am »

Night three: I tracked Superdorf (he visited Shakerag)

Welp, I should roleclaim.

Every night, I can grant a fresh-generated ability to a random person targeting the target of my target-- which is to say, the person I target *should* get the ability, but there's an element of target-based randomness to it and the ability might go to someone else entirely.

On all three nights, I targeted Nirur Torir with my Gift ability, as he's seemed fairly townish to me all game and I wanted to keep all my trust in one place. I don't know where my Gift went the first night. On the second night, it apparently went to Nirur Torir as expected. Last night, I seem to have hit Shakerag.

Unless Shakerag is also lying, Leafsnail's track result on me is accurate. That doesn't necessarily mean he's town, but he's probably telling the truth about at least part of his role.

-------------------------
Leafsnail: Nice doctor claim. Now I have more questions for you.

- Why didn't you grab that overpowered cop ability on D2?
- Why didn't you attempt a protection during N3?
- You haven't acknowledged my question from before: why go to such lengths to defend TricMagic, who we now know to have been mafia?

klonk
Sigtext

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 14, 2019, 12:32:20 pm »

- Why didn't you grab that overpowered cop ability on D2?
I checked what it did with NQT when Maximum Spin died - it gives you a list of alignments, but no indication of who has what. While it might have some potential to break the game open after a massclaim just firing it off in the dark isn't likely to produce much relevant information, compared to being able to either put people at the scene of a kill or give people alibis.

(also in retrospect I am very glad I did not steal that ability, as TricMagic's role would've rendered it worse than useless)

- Why didn't you attempt a protection during N3?
Firstly, I thought it was unlikely that there were any more infects in the game, so it'd only be the protection component that would matter. The protection would only do anything if I happened to guess exactly the right person, and it didn't seem to me like there were any obvious targets to defend (I definitely would not have picked DA if I were to have used protect last night). The double track on the other hand always gives useful information - each player I track can be either put at the scene of the kill or exonerated. It's also much easier for other players to corroborate a track result than it is a protection, which someone else would have to be using an inspect action to see.

I was considering using the protection ability because I thought we were going to lynch town yesterday - in that case, I may have needed to gamble on a protection to save the game (I have previously said I thought there were only 2 mafia members, but the relatively passive nature of the SK role that flipped made me think there could reasonably be 3 mafia members. In addition I felt like the pile-on on TricMagic could be due to mafia smelling blood). But he flipped mafia, meaning that the town was clearly not in imminent danger of losing. That meant the track ability seemed obviously better.
- You haven't acknowledged my question from before: why go to such lengths to defend TricMagic, who we now know to have been mafia?
Because I incorrectly thought he was town, and lynching town had the potential to lose the game.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 14, 2019, 01:43:15 pm »

Okay, let's not rush things. If Leafsnail is right, then he couldn't have performed the kill. We're should be looking for whoever didn't do an action that can be proved last night.

If Leafsnail's reports are right, then he couldn't have performed the kill. If we want to assume Leafsnail is scum, we should also assume we have two scum left and are currently on MyLo.

Nirur Torir: You have a redirect ability. Did you used it during those nights Superdorf was redirected? Do you think it might have targeted him?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 14, 2019, 03:42:00 pm »

Alright, if I remember correctly, we were about to pile-driver LeafSnail for attempting to defend his scumbuddy who really, really doesn't deserve defending.
Perhaps, but an interesting thing to post and leave.
Do you still think I'm scum?
Are you going to do anything about this?
Or do you think I'm town now?

Nirur Torir: You have a redirect ability. Did you used it during those nights Superdorf was redirected? Do you think it might have targeted him?
I only had manual use of it last night. I used it, and don't know who it hit. I figured most of the remaining town abilities were likely to be weak or random, and was hoping to mess up the scum strategy.
I did not get another ability last night.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 14, 2019, 04:08:54 pm »

You misunderstand my claim. Yes, I may have been redirected at some point, but it's quite possible those two nights I missed Nirur Torir were just the inherent randomness of my ability working as usual.

Recall, I hit a random person who is targeting my target's target. Most likely Shakerag just happened to target the same person as Nirur Torir last night, for whatever reason.

klonk
Sigtext

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 14, 2019, 04:13:10 pm »

Using it was a poor choice, I didn't consider that we might have verifiable roles. I hope I didn't break our chances, sorry.

Leafsnail, about your excuse of not lynching Tric because of the 'town idiot' lynching meta: How long were you thinking about that, and why didn't you mention it earlier? It feels like it has a hint of truth, but that was the worst possible time to say it. I don't see how I can not see you as scum, unless we can somehow still disprove someone lying about where they were last night.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 14, 2019, 04:33:11 pm »

Oh, about the VI meta... how does that work anyway? Even an erratic poster has to roll up scum sometime, after all-- if you forgive everything because VI, what are you going to lynch them on? ...Actually, let's make that a proper question.

Leafsnail: What would TricMagic have had to do to get you to lynch him?

klonk
Sigtext

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 14, 2019, 05:24:16 pm »

Leafsnail, about your excuse of not lynching Tric because of the 'town idiot' lynching meta: How long were you thinking about that, and why didn't you mention it earlier? It feels like it has a hint of truth, but that was the worst possible time to say it. I don't see how I can not see you as scum, unless we can somehow still disprove someone lying about where they were last night.
It was a more detailed explanation of the thought process that I had already laid out in previous posts (eg "hasty lynch on an erratic poster for making another erratic post" was basically the same idea expressed in fewer words). So I did mention it earlier, that was just when I had the time to sit down and spell it out in more detail. I don't understand why you think it was particularly bad timing.
Oh, about the VI meta... how does that work anyway? Even an erratic poster has to roll up scum sometime, after all-- if you forgive everything because VI, what are you going to lynch them on? ...Actually, let's make that a proper question.

Leafsnail: What would TricMagic have had to do to get you to lynch him?
I mean... yes. I was wrong. You're certainly entitled to keep rubbing that in my face if you want, but I don't see the point of continuing to litigate this argument now that TricMagic is dead.

There are still tells that apply to VIs (for me one of them is buckling down and getting serious at convenient moments), my general rule is just that "doing stupid things" isn't one of them. I don't want to post a whole treatise on this because it's basically irrelevant to this game at this point.

For yesterday specifically, I'd want there to be some kind of damning mechanical evidence against him (as I thought Nirur had until I clarified the rules regarding brainwashing). Blind lynching at what is potentially mylo is very risky compared to just no lynching and getting another night of results, and I did not find the non-mechanical case against him remotely compelling.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 43