Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 43

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 2 -GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 99591 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 - Day 3 - Launch of the doctor!
« Reply #480 on: May 11, 2019, 01:34:33 pm »

I've noticed that Leafsnail and TricMagic have insisted multiple times to make it look as if it was either me or Nirur Torir, like if they were trying to set us against each other and divert focus from themselves. I think it was clarified that if Nirur Torir was brainwashed, then neither would he lying in this case.

I don't know if I'm allowed to, but my exact ability is: "Once per night you can learn the name of everyone who is not targeting you. Action: Investigate." and, like I said, the only ones who did visit me were myself and Nirur Torir. If I had been redirected, I would probably have seen someone's else list, although I'm not entirelly sure. In the other way, if Niru Torir had used his vote gift ability, I would have 2 votes instead. I think it's safe to assume that there's at least someone with a brainwash power instead of a redirect power like I had assumed before.

I'm strongly against having a no lynch today, since TricMagic has been spewing scumtell after scumtell in these lasts posts while Leafsnail refuses to vote him and instead pushes for a no lynch to protect his scumbuddy. Everything seems very obvious to me: Leafsnail and TricMagic must be both part of the scum team, and Leafsnail is currently trying to salvage the situation after TricMagic's slip. Still, I agree that we still have some time left and we should use it to discuss instead of lynching and ending the day earlier.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 11, 2019, 01:38:59 pm »

Re-looking over one question..

Once per night you can learn the alignment of everyone who is not targeting yourself. Action: Investigate.
Rgun, is this your ability?

Once per night, you can learn the names of everyone who did not visit you.is not targeting yourself. Action: Investigate.

Not that hard to create..

...Rgun, at this point, you are being very silly. Either that, or missing cues entirely.
I don't know if I'm allowed to, but my exact ability is: "Once per night you can learn the name of everyone who is not targeting you. Action: Investigate."

How is this any different from what I posted?

And I still await Leafsnail's answer too. Hiding something so useful at this point in the game isn't really advised.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 11, 2019, 01:52:32 pm »

I paid 0 attention but I'm here for long enough to agree we need to burn TricMagic at the stake

And I swear to Arceus NQT if they're a F***ing JESTER I'll readily hang myself

No, not as the target. I'll just hang myself.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 11, 2019, 02:00:30 pm »

And that's 3, or possibly 4 with the vote thief. The next vote might be a hammer.

Aight, lemme try again to understand this.

Nirur Torir says he did nothing last night.
RGU says Nirur Torir did something last night.
Therefore, either one of the two is lying, or Nirur Torir's night action was messed with somehow.

Do I have that right?
Yes.

It can be resolved if someone brainwashed Nirur into targeting RGU. So the question is: did anyone brainwash Nirur into targeting RGU?
At least now you admit it.
Of course, if your scumbuddy has the brainwash power, then they won't speak up.

Tric: Are you going to even acknowledge that you said 'yes' to being in a chat?
I guess not.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 11, 2019, 02:04:10 pm »

Guess I'm dead then?

Kit, why exactly did you decide to come in here with a post that says you're not paying attention just to vote me?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 11, 2019, 02:04:43 pm »

Re-looking over one question..

Once per night you can learn the alignment of everyone who is not targeting yourself. Action: Investigate.
Rgun, is this your ability?

Once per night, you can learn the names of everyone who did not visit you.is not targeting yourself. Action: Investigate.

Not that hard to create..

...Rgun, at this point, you are being very silly. Either that, or missing cues entirely.
I don't know if I'm allowed to, but my exact ability is: "Once per night you can learn the name of everyone who is not targeting you. Action: Investigate."

How is this any different from what I posted?

And I still await Leafsnail's answer too. Hiding something so useful at this point in the game isn't really advised.

I don't even know why do I bother if you don't even pay attention. And wouldn't that actually confirm that my ability is true instead?

First of all, my role is Undulating Ghoul: During the night, I'm able to inform two players about the action type of a dead player. I tried informing hector13 and IcyTea31 of Maximum Spin's action type. And it apparently didn't work since neither received the report.

It's an useless ability because it shows information that is already on flips whenever someone dies. I'm not able to change roles and my role didn't change, but I gained a somewhat less useless ability during the last night.
I think I said I had gained another ability after the first night, right? About that, it's one that allows me to see the names of everyone who didn't visit me during the night. At least it's more useful than the one I had before, which was completely useless.

Quote from: Everyone who didn't visit me:
IcyTea31
Leafsnail
TricMagic
KitRougard
SuperDorf
Shakerag
Deus Asmoth

Nirur Torir: Why did you visit me?
This was pointed at me, not Leafsnail.
I got the wrong name by accident, sorry. But my point still stands.

Also yes, I was hoping that you would explain about your ability. Paraphrasing the one I gained during the first night and used in the second: I can, once per night, learn the names of everyone who doesn't target me during that night. With the list of names I obtained, the only ones who were missing were me and Nirur Torir. If you had used a redirecg, I believe I would have obtained the list of everyone who didn't visit someone else, but then I would have seen your name as you would have visited me instead of the target I would have been redirected to.

What's the point you're trying to make?
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 11, 2019, 02:20:03 pm »

That ability can easily be fabricated using MaxSpin's old role and the info on the generator. It is not all that random, and for it to appear so many times in a single game begins to lead to a low chance of such a thing happening. How many Investigative roles of such use can actually occur, cause at the moment, I count 3 already.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 11, 2019, 02:25:26 pm »

Guess I'm dead then?

Bwahahaha. So you do acknowledge your little scumslip, then?
But seriously, if you have an explanation make it. We've got time left in the day, you ain't dead yet.

Aight, lemme try again to understand this.

Nirur Torir says he did nothing last night.
RGU says Nirur Torir did something last night.
Therefore, either one of the two is lying, or Nirur Torir's night action was messed with somehow.

Do I have that right?
Yes.

Phwooo. Thank you.

I... don't really see any way to resolve this right now, truth be told. If somebody's lying, I've no way of knowing who. I'm inclined to believe you're both town; randomgenericusername's been doing all the right things today, and you've been scumhunting solid all game. (Of course, I half-believed the same thing with Hector/IcyTea for awhile, and look where that went...  ::))

At any rate, I don't intend to lynch either of you today, failing something much more incriminating than what you've said so far. I've got better targets.

--------------------------------------------

KitRougard: If you're not usually here, you're not usually here, but I'd like you to at least respond to this post. It's a rather pointed attack on you, and I've been waiting to see what you do about it. "Nothing" is not the answer I want.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 11, 2019, 02:34:44 pm »

Everything seems very obvious to me: Leafsnail and TricMagic must be both part of the scum team, and Leafsnail is currently trying to salvage the situation after TricMagic's slip.
On the one hand, I like this theory. On the other hand... why would Leafsnail bother salvaging this? Wouldn't it make more sense to bus Tric at this point?

klonk
Sigtext

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 11, 2019, 04:07:44 pm »

Everything seems very obvious to me: Leafsnail and TricMagic must be both part of the scum team, and Leafsnail is currently trying to salvage the situation after TricMagic's slip.
On the one hand, I like this theory. On the other hand... why would Leafsnail bother salvaging this? Wouldn't it make more sense to bus Tric at this point?
I believe he might have thought he could make it pass as a simple typographical mistake, then after that didn't work he probably attempted to shift focus to the "Nirur Torir or RGU is lying" argument, then suggesting a no-lynch. While they all might be just small details, that and Leafsnail and TricMagic defending each other seem to hint towards both being part of the mafia.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 - Day One - Magma Alpaca Revenge
« Reply #490 on: May 11, 2019, 05:11:25 pm »

Counter time, I guess. My quotes replaced with numbers tell you CLEARLY which portion I'm answering.
Also, here's the case I've been trying to build against KitRougard. I think this might be the first time I've tried doing something like this? I definitely can't recall the last time.

(1)

His very first post is dismissing a question made against him and refusing to answer it, admiting that he's reliant on "hard facts" or as he later clarified, night game. He expects scum to freak out if he attacks one of their members, saying that's how it works in Town of Salem.

(2.1)
(2.2)

Guesses that hector13 is the serial killer (which turned out to be correct.) and calls out Superdorf for tunneling Maximum Spin and pushing a bandwagon against him.  Says the scum team is 3 members, which we have all seemed to agree upon so far. In retrospective, this actually makes me think he might not be scum...

(3)

Then again, maybe it's too good to be true. This part is very strange. He's appears to be certain and absolutely sure that hector13 is a serial killer and that there's 3 scum, which is kinda weird. This is why I first believed he might have gained this knowledge from some source, like an investigative/census ability or due to being part of scum.

(4)

Admits to role fishing, and says he doesn't expect many "hard facts", probably because of the nature of his ability (See his own target, which would probably be most of the time himself.) Seems to stay consistent with his claim, at least.

(5)

Seems pretty confident of his ability to hunt scum, despite having a "weak" ability. A single game of experience in forum mafia, but considers himself a semi-veteran. Not much else here. Keep in mind he has ignored a few questions, too. He later continues in another post to talk about how his strategy works on ToS to excuse why, despite these not really matching how forum mafia works, especially when roles are randomized and can be either extremely powerful and absolutely useless.

(6)

Again insists on that hector13 is the serial killer, and continues to attack him. While he was right, it's true that scum would also want to get rid of the sk, and this could have been an attempt to shift town towards hector13 instead of scum.

(7)

Right after his "attack" on hector, he decides to claim unprompted. Maybe as a way to reduce suspicion against him, and induce others to unfocus from him and instead focus on the serial killer. He later continues, blindly believing hector13's lie and still tunneling him, certain that he's the serial killer.

(8)

Admits that he claimed to appear as town and gain trust, which actually makes me even more suspicious. Why would he do that out of nowhere? Then insists again on saying that we should focus on the serial killer instead of scum, which is also somewhat scummy by itself but even more so after claiming with that reasoning.

(9)

This is what I'm talking about. In this post, he outright refuses to deepen his case against Leafsnail to continue focusing on the serial killer. He threatens him saying that he's next on his lynch list, but makes no move against him after that.

9 whole points, oh boy...

1: I did not dodge the question, I answered it in my fashion. How the hell else do you respond to "Why am I asking you this question?" As a question?

2: Yes I was working on a mad hunch and yes I liked Max Spin's style.

3: My hunch was too strong to ignore, and if I were GM, I would set up a 9/3/1 Town/Scum/SK. So there.

4: yes I did rolefish for facts I can use

5: Oh, I'm not confident at ALL. And SEMI-vet here means that I'm a veteran of a different kind of war.

6: THE HUNCH WASN'T WRONG, CHILD. WHY THEN DO YOU STILL QUESTION IT.

7: Well it was possible he was lying about lying, this covering his blatant mistake! And yes I did random-claim.

8): I said that in response to Superdorf's question about "why sudden claim" as I figured dancing around the question would make me seem sketchier.

9: Because I'm barely on the forum. I can drill into Nirur later, right now I am going th o increase my "sketchiness" at least as I see it, and jump on the well-made Tric/Leaf bandwagon.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 11, 2019, 05:15:18 pm »

All: Do we want to no lynch today? With Hector being canceled by IcyTea, there might be a second SK who also kills slowly, but another day for power roles and narrowing it down might help. I'm not in favor of a no lynch.
I'd be ok with a no-lynch if we're assuming a three person scum team. Even if it's a two person scum team a no-lynch now wouldn't change the number of lynches we have available.

It can be resolved if someone brainwashed Nirur into targeting RGU. So the question is: did anyone brainwash Nirur into targeting RGU?
Wasn't me.

Superdorf:
Everyone: We have some night actions to peruse. Our time grows ever shorter. Role discussion grows more and more pointed, and I worry it's gonna start bogging us down if we don't address it. Is it time to start roleclaiming?
This is the third time you've asked about roleclaiming today. Do you think people should be roleclaiming right now? For the record, I'll claim my role if you want, but I'll tell you now that it won't have any useful information.

PPE: scratch that, I might actually have some useful information after all.

Everyone: does anyone have an ability that does something like "Learn the names of everyone not targeting your target"?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 11, 2019, 05:25:01 pm »

I believe he might have thought he could make it pass as a simple typographical mistake, then after that didn't work he probably attempted to shift focus to the "Nirur Torir or RGU is lying" argument, then suggesting a no-lynch.
Your logic is sound, but you've got the order backwards. Leafsnail suggested a no-lynch; he then shifted focus to Nirur Torir/RGU in the same post. Only later, after Nirur Torir poked him about it, did he try to pass off TricMagic's slip as a typographical error.

Superdorf:
Everyone: We have some night actions to peruse. Our time grows ever shorter. Role discussion grows more and more pointed, and I worry it's gonna start bogging us down if we don't address it. Is it time to start roleclaiming?
This is the third time you've asked about roleclaiming today. Do you think people should be roleclaiming right now?

Ugh, I don't know. There was so much role-related talk going on, I thought it might clear the air to just have out with all of it. Now, though, I'm not so sure-- after all, TricMagic was doing a lot of the talking there and I'm suddenly not so inclined to trust him for some reason.

Also, we have some clear lynches now. I feel like any roleclaims just now don't have much useful information for us anymore, unless somebody has a coppish role or something. Even then, it'd probably be better to wait for D4.

Everyone: does anyone have an ability that does something like "Learn the names of everyone not targeting your target"
Not me.  :-\

klonk
Sigtext

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 11, 2019, 06:21:48 pm »

I've played a lot of mafia games, and the "village idiot" is a very consistent pattern. There's a player who posts erratically. Eventually they post something weird and get lynched for it, without anyone actually analysing whether it actually indicates if they're mafia. Usually that player is town, because if they were mafia their teammates would stop them from doing it. I've been trying to push back against this pattern in recent games, because I think it's a major reason why the town tends to lose in forum mafia.

I don't think TricMagic's alleged "slip" makes sense for a mafia member to make. It's obvious that only the mafia has a quicktopic, and they'd be able to use it to tell TricMagic not to talk about it. The idea that I'm mafia for trying to disagreeing with this lynch is even sillier - if I were mafia with TricMagic I could just tell him what arguments I'd want him to make privately, there'd be no need at all to make them myself. Assuming someone's scum because they disagree with you about something is another tempting pattern, but it's not one that's actually based on any logic.

The player I've been waiting to hear back from is Shakerag, who has been entirely absent for a while and who I have reason to believe is the brainwasher now that I have clarified the rules. His silence throughout this whole issue is troubling, but I will say that he at least did not perform the kill on IcyTea last night. KitRougard also could not have performed the kill.
Everyone: does anyone have an ability that does something like "Learn the names of everyone not targeting your target"?
I don't, although that's kindof similar to the ability RGU claimed.
I think I said I had gained another ability after the first night, right? About that, it's one that allows me to see the names of everyone who didn't visit me during the night. At least it's more useful than the one I had before, which was completely useless.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 11, 2019, 06:27:03 pm »

NQT: If a player is brainwashed, does that stop them from taking their original action?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 43