Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 2 -GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 99574 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 - Day 3 - Launch of the doctor!
« Reply #465 on: May 10, 2019, 09:04:55 pm »

So, why are you voting Leafsnail instead of TricMagic if he was the one who made the slip, if it really was one? While I'm not really sure anymore, there's still the possibility Leafsnail could be town and we want to avoid a misslynch if we're really on MyLo.
Tric isn't here to answer. I'm fine with either; they're both scum.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 10, 2019, 09:10:05 pm »

So, why are you voting Leafsnail instead of TricMagic if he was the one who made the slip, if it really was one? While I'm not really sure anymore, there's still the possibility Leafsnail could be town and we want to avoid a misslynch if we're really on MyLo.
Tric isn't here to answer. I'm fine with either; they're both scum.
Except we won't get anywhere if our votes are spread out like that. If you're so sure that TricMagic did make a slip like I am, then you should probably be voting him. While I'm not entirelly sure if Leafsnail or you are scum or not, TricMagic is as confirmed as he can be, seeing what just happened.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 10, 2019, 09:16:24 pm »

NQT: If person A brainwashes person B into targeting person C, does person A show up as targeting person C? Same question again for redirect.
Can a redirect targeted at someone who is not acting cause them to show up as having a target?

I do have a potential explanation depending on these answers, if things don't work as expected.
Which is just plain silly to say while insisting that one of the two of us is a liar, based on your own guess of the rules, AND while defending Tric's "very easy" typographical error, before he can respond. Just take all the pressure off his scumslip.
This is not the first time you've been oddly convinced on Tric being town. You're both scum, what a way to slip.

Why don't you let your scumbuddy defend himself, Leafsnail?[/b]
I don't know that Tric is town. It's just a bunch of people seem laser-focused on this absurd "slip" that's dependent on a particular reading of an ambiguous list of answers instead of analysing the very relevant mechanical argument that's currently happening.

Incidentally, if you think the rules surrounding this are ambiguous and that my interpretation is wrong then why haven't you asked NQT for clarification?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 10, 2019, 09:25:41 pm »

Basically everything regarding TricMagic could be described as absurd and/or ambiguous. The problem is that you came to defend him for some reason while he has suddenly fallen silent, which led me to believe that you both could be scumbuddies protecting each other. And the list of answers wasn't ambiguous at all.

No and no.
Yes.
No.
And Day.

Notice how each answer is divided by a period. There's just no way to see it as a simple mistake, as it was clearly deliberate. Regarding the mechanical argument, I haven't forgotten about that but it isn't what I'm currently focusing on. I also considered that it might be possible that Nirur Torir was brainwashed.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 10, 2019, 10:12:06 pm »

I think the town can probably safely win through solid mechanical play at this point (there's a particular player I want to see weigh in on the mechanical discussion before I say more on this). I intervened because I was concerned there'd be a hasty lynch on an erratic poster for making another erratic post, potentially throwing a won game.

The issue with the brainwashing explanation that I saw was that I assumed the brainwasher would also show up as having targeted you, and you say that no-one else did. I guess I'll unvote until NQT clarifies that point.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 11, 2019, 02:21:14 am »

NQT: 1If person A brainwashes person B into targeting person C, does person A show up as targeting person C? 2 Same question again for redirect.
3 Can a redirect targeted at someone who is not acting cause them to show up as having a target?
1. A's target would show up as B, not C. (And B's target would appear as C).
2. Same again.
3. No, redirecting doesn't force someone to act (like brainwashing does). If A redirects B and B does nothing then B won't appear to have a target as A's action will have had no effect.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 11, 2019, 07:10:19 am »

Day 3 Vote Count

- randomgenericusername
- KitRougard
- SuperDorf
- TricMagic - Deus Asmoth, randomgenericusername [2]
- Nirur Torir
- Deus Asmoth
- Shakerag
- Leafsnail - Nirur Torir [1]
- No Lynch

Five to lynch

Day ends 9AM 13/5/19 BST or on majority lynch.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: May 11, 2019, 08:21:49 am »

At this point, my post seems to have turned up some good info at least. Yes is one of those ambiguous statements you can make after all, since we can chat with NQT if we wish.

For now, a readlist.

Leafsnail. Town. Pretty likely, given his insistence on protecting certain players.

randomgenericusername, Nirur Torir. In either Case, one of you is town, the other is not.
Once per night you can learn the alignment of everyone who is not targeting yourself. Action: Investigate.
Rgun, is this your ability?
Nirur Torir. You, I, and Shakerag are the only ones remaining from the MaxSpin vote.

KitRougard. Show some posts today, would you?

Deus Asmoth, Superdorf. Should I get started? dorf, you follow along with everyone and keep things going. Short of a 2/1/1/Town Setup though, I can't see you being Mafia. Dues Asmoth on the other hand is someone I could see being mafia. Problem here is the two of you are weird to my senses.

Shakerag. Ne Meta, just instinct. While being busy is a reason, you haven't posted much. Are you capable of sharing any insights your power has brought you since you don't have time to post much?

Not a Post edit, just summary.

Taking Day 1 into consideration, The Vote on MaxSpin only tells us a bit.

Superdorf is kinda led around by IcyTea and Leafsnail, so I kinda think I know what happened there. Hua.. Not much to it but to ask, since I'm already pretty sure, and it's part of my town read on him.

Leafsnail, two questions. Do you want me to reveal my thoughts on your role? And is your Role a Day role?

Assuming those answers are what I think they are, you likely are town.

Day 2's final vote count isn't all that useful in comparison. Though thinking on it, I may know who the brainwasher or rolechanger is. As he hasn't really posted, I'd assume Shakerag.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 11, 2019, 08:31:30 am »

Re-looking over one question..

Once per night you can learn the alignment of everyone who is not targeting yourself. Action: Investigate.
Rgun, is this your ability?

Once per night, you can learn the names of everyone who did not visit you.is not targeting yourself. Action: Investigate.

Not that hard to create..

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 11, 2019, 10:00:52 am »

Yes is one of those ambiguous statements you can make after all, since we can chat with NQT if we wish.
No... no, that wasn't ambiguous at all. PMing the mod is one thing, but you didn't ask about that-- you asked who was in a chatroom, and declared yourself to be in a chatroom. You acknowledge this, so it clearly wasn't a typographical error as Leafsnail seems to believe. Most townies have absolutely no business answering "Yes" to that question. I don't think Masons/Neighbors are a thing in this game, so that leaves the mafia chat. Am I wrong? If so, start explaining, quick.

PPE: Huh, Nirur Torir mentioned the Mason thing already. Yay?

Leafsnail. Town. Pretty likely, given his insistence on protecting certain players.

Well, let's see. He "protected" IcyTea by pushing hard to lynch the SK-- a perfectly reasonable thing for town or Mafia to do-- and he protected you. I'm inclined to call both a nulltell, since I'm not so sure of your alignment as you are.

Shakerag. Ne Meta, just instinct. While being busy is a reason, you haven't posted much. Are you capable of sharing any insights your power has brought you since you don't have time to post much?
That... is a good point, actually. You're right, and I should be poking Shakerag about that more.

Taking Day 1 into consideration, The Vote on MaxSpin only tells us a bit.

Superdorf is kinda led around by IcyTea and Leafsnail, so I kinda think I know what happened there. Hua.. Not much to it but to ask, since I'm already pretty sure, and it's part of my town read on him.
This is you asking, yes? I'll assume it is.
I don't deny I've been kinda following people around all game-- much of this is flying way over my head, so though I do try to poke people of my own accord when I can, I'm inclined to just throw my weight behind an argument I like and call it good. It's not ideal, but it's better than just getting stuck on something.

That said... Hector confused me that day. His arguments ran in circles and loop-de-loops; he took those random vote questions and blew them up into a massive case that I couldn't really understand. Recall, I cast my vote before Hector panicked and went after Leafsnail-- at the time, he wasn't even chasing after anyone but IcyTea. It was this strange tunneling, with little solidity to it.

So I voted him. I didn't know whether I was right or not, anymore than I'd known with Maximum Spin (and hey, was I ever wrong there!), but I had to cast my vote somewhere. Hector was at least suspicious to me, and his roleflip stood to give us far more information than Max's ever would've.

Also, he was the Serial Killer and needed to die. But hindsight is 20/20.  ::)

------------------------------------

Tric: I want an explanation of this chatroom business, not some kind of a weird evasion tactic. Start talking.
Shakerag: Where'd you go? We need you, at very least, to weigh in on the mechanical stuff that's flying around. Also, a readlist would be nice.

Imma gonna go thumb through this mechanical mess we're in to try and make sense of it. More questions later.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: May 11, 2019, 10:12:44 am »

Except we won't get anywhere if our votes are spread out like that. If you're so sure that TricMagic did make a slip like I am, then you should probably be voting him. While I'm not entirelly sure if Leafsnail or you are scum or not, TricMagic is as confirmed as he can be, seeing what just happened.
I don't want to make it easy to hammer, since we have a vote thief, don't know who the third scum is (if there is one), and are waiting on people to weigh in.

Incidentally, if you think the rules surrounding this are ambiguous and that my interpretation is wrong then why haven't you asked NQT for clarification?
I didn't consider it ambiguous, and hadn't thought about brainwashing.

On protecting you, you mean.
Definite towntell, that /s

randomgenericusername, Nirur Torir. In either Case, one of you is town, the other is not.
Unless I was brainwashed and we both are.

Tric: Are you going to even acknowledge that you said 'yes' to being in a chat?

All: Do we want to no lynch today? With Hector being canceled by IcyTea, there might be a second SK who also kills slowly, but another day for power roles and narrowing it down might help. I'm not in favor of a no lynch.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 11, 2019, 11:12:56 am »

We'll see how this all pans out, but I'm against a no lynch at the moment, as I suspect we'll have some pretty obvious lynch-targets by the end of the day.

klonk
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 11, 2019, 12:04:44 pm »

Aight, lemme try again to understand this.

Nirur Torir says he did nothing last night.
RGU says Nirur Torir did something last night.
Therefore, either one of the two is lying, or Nirur Torir's night action was messed with somehow.

Do I have that right?

klonk
Sigtext

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 11, 2019, 12:23:05 pm »

It can be resolved if someone brainwashed Nirur into targeting RGU. So the question is: did anyone brainwash Nirur into targeting RGU?

I think No Lynch is a completely reasonable course today if we don't have a compelling mechanical reason why someone has to be scum (I think we might have one though).

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 11, 2019, 12:37:25 pm »

I think No Lynch is a completely reasonable course today if we don't have a compelling mechanical reason why someone has to be scum (I think we might have one though).
I'm inclined to believe we're gonna out scum before this day is through. We've got some nice leads to go on.

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43