Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 43

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 2 -GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 99567 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 - Day 3 - Launch of the doctor!
« Reply #435 on: May 10, 2019, 01:41:36 pm »

Superdorf:
Shakerag: It's been two days, and though you've poked and prodded plenty you've not
I think you got cut off there?

Oh dear, I did. I had to run off all of a sudden, and didn't look over my post properly before I sent it off. Here, lemme try again:

Shakerag: It's been two days, and though you've poked and prodded plenty you've not really committed to any one scumread-- bar Hector's inscrutable roleclaim, of course. Who's looking scummy at this time, and why?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 10, 2019, 01:56:00 pm »

dorf, I was and did intend to hammer that vote.

...Alright. Why? That's not pro-town behavior!

You've raised red flag after red flag as this game's progressed, and I've been passing those flags off as nulltells, because TricMagic. But it's MyLo, and this is getting ridiculous. Explain yourself, please.

That's true, but I'm voting for him just to confirm if the double voting is true and if Nirur Torir is telling the truth. TricMagic has been generally scummy, I guess? It's just that I would prefer to put the votes on him rather than vote anyone else right now if it's just to test.

Hmm. "Generally scummy" isn't good enough to lynch somebody anymore. Is TricMagic scum or no? If yes, build a case on him, and show us. If you're not sure yet, question him about the stuff that worries you so you can make a decision.

Do you still believe KitRougard to be scum? Why or why not?

klonk
Sigtext

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 10, 2019, 02:10:08 pm »

dorf, I was and did intend to hammer that vote.

...Alright. Why? That's not pro-town behavior!

You've raised red flag after red flag as this game's progressed, and I've been passing those flags off as nulltells, because TricMagic. But it's MyLo, and this is getting ridiculous. Explain yourself, please.

That's true, but I'm voting for him just to confirm if the double voting is true and if Nirur Torir is telling the truth. TricMagic has been generally scummy, I guess? It's just that I would prefer to put the votes on him rather than vote anyone else right now if it's just to test.

Hmm. "Generally scummy" isn't good enough to lynch somebody anymore. Is TricMagic scum or no? If yes, build a case on him, and show us. If you're not sure yet, question him about the stuff that worries you so you can make a decision.

Do you still believe KitRougard to be scum? Why or why not?
Didn't I say I'm not trying to get him lynched at all right now? I thought it was clear that I'm just voting to see if I do have Nirur Torir's vote, and that I prefered to leave my votes on him just in case a lynch happens by accident. Also, didn't you say in the same post that you've seen him raise "red flag after red flag"?

About KitRougard, I think he probably has the wrong mentality about the game, and might have a similar problem like TricMagic. He continues to cite how in ToS and such powers are more important and continues to focus on the night, despite that this game's roles are randomized and it's entirelly possible that everyone could have obtained an useless role. About that, his role was kind of low-powered, which makes his focus even weirder. I'll see if I can build a case on him.

KitRougard: What report did you receive during the night? Same as yesterday?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 10, 2019, 02:18:39 pm »

The dwarfs kept digging out channels in the wrong order in the wrong places and the fortress keepers tried to draw conclusions from these randomly placed holes.

Day 3 Vote Count

- randomgenericusername - TricMagic [1]
- KitRougard
- SuperDorf - Nirur Torir [1]
- TricMagic - Deus Asmoth, randomgenericusername [2]
- Nirur Torir
- Deus Asmoth
- Shakerag
- Leafsnail
- No Lynch

Five to lynch

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 10, 2019, 02:41:08 pm »

Someone seems to be lying.

Well, best to buckle down and get writing. For now, Unvote.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 10, 2019, 02:44:17 pm »

Unvote.
Votes normal. I don't know, unless "target gets new role and immediately uses it randomly" can be made by the generator.

Nirur Torir

At the beginning of Day 2:
Trying to read the cases leaves me feeling like all three of you are misleading or taking leaps of logic and none of you come out of it looking like town. I feel like Leafsnail's come out the most straightforward and least scummy.

At the end of Day 2:
Leafsnail only joined in when prodded to do something. And then stuck in.
I get the sense that his attacks are clean, made too carefully, and aiming to stir things up.
And he's very cagey about his reads.

So right now if I had to vote for a lynch, I'd go Leafsnail.

What changed?

Also, you jumped awfully hard on Deus Asmoth D2, for reasons I didn't really understand. What's your case on him?
As I said, I was getting confused every time I looked things over again and changing my opinions on it. (And "your attacks feel like town" > "your attacks look too clean" isn't a huge change.)

I don't have a case on him. It was basically me trying to rile Asmoth up, since no-one else had anything on him, and see if anything shook loose. Nothing did.

I plan to do some re-reading later, before I attack anyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 10, 2019, 03:07:54 pm »

- randomgenericusername /-/
- KitRougard TLI
- SuperDorf TLI
- TricMagic Self
- Nirur Torir /-/
- Deus Asmoth -?-
- Shakerag TLI
- Leafsnail

Now then. Time to write.

In the "Not Enough Information" Camp, We have KitRougard, Superdorf, and probably Shakerag to an extent.

Kit is focused on nightgame and claims a role yesterday. Despite having a weak power, does not focus on any one person for long.

Superdorf's Town Status is based upon IcyTea's talk of him not being in a Chat? IcyTea was a Doctor, so couldn't learn of this. Assuming a Frame isn't occurring, something seems weird here. Where exactly does his Town-Confirm come from again? Most of his posts are pushing the game along. Data can be had here, as he is likely a key part to who is town, and who isn't.

Shakerag, too busy. posted some on Day 1, Day 2 he was mostly gone it seems. Still nothing at the moment on Day 3.

Dues Asmoth. I get the feeling he is.. strange I guess. Did he ever vote on Day 1? Will have to check. I do think I have a read on what exactly his power is though.

Nirur Torir, and randomgenericusername. One of you is Lying, or someone has a Day Power to steal a Vote. I personally think it's the second, given how long it took for NQT to post a Votecount to confirm.

That leaves Leafsnail. I would likely put him as town. Short of him siding with Icytea so smoothly. I also think I may have a read on your power.

Superdorf, the reason I did intend to hammer is rather simple, to get talk generated, and use that to break apart flimsy arguments, as well as get others to put together a case. There are a few questions that need answering right now.

• On Night 1, who received new power, and did anything happen to their old power? Same with Night 2.
  • Who is in a Chatroom this game?
  • Who here has the power to redirect actions?
  • Is your power day, or night?

To answer mine, No and no. Yes. No. And Day.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 10, 2019, 04:27:05 pm »

Nirur Torir: I still know as a fact that you did visit me. If it wasn't with the ability to give your vote like you said, then what did you target me with?

I was about to unvote, but:

• On Night 1, who received new power, and did anything happen to their old power? Same with Night 2.

To answer mine, No and no. Yes. No. And Day.

Wait, so with being in a chatroom you mean you are in a quicktopic?  Is this correct?
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 10, 2019, 04:44:43 pm »

Nirur Torir: I still know as a fact that you did visit me. If it wasn't with the ability to give your vote like you said, then what did you target me with?
Alright, fine.

The new ability is to "redirect the actions of a random target to a random player."

I don't know how I got hit with a redirect and given a redirect power on the same night.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 10, 2019, 04:57:46 pm »

Alright, fine.

The new ability is to "redirect the actions of a random target to a random player."

I don't know how I got hit with a redirect and given a redirect power on the same night.
Hold on, but wouldn't that mean that my ability should have targeted someone who wasn't me, and thus you would have appeared in the list since you didn't visit the target I was redirected to? And how do you know that you were redirected if your ability already targets a random player?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 10, 2019, 05:06:49 pm »

I don't see how you could redirect an ability that doesn't have a target. Since I wasn't given any messages about even doing anything in the night, I assume it quietly failed.

I believe I was redirected because I tried to do nothing, and you're saying I did something.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 - Day One - Magma Alpaca Revenge
« Reply #446 on: May 10, 2019, 05:48:18 pm »

Also, here's the case I've been trying to build against KitRougard. I think this might be the first time I've tried doing something like this? I definitely can't recall the last time.

*blinks at role, sudden IC-ification of thread, lack of pokes on him*

Alright, games on. I guess.

Oh, I HAVE been poked.
Well, I'm usually reliant on hard facts to dropkick a Mafia member, and then the other Scum start panicking. It's just how Town of Salem works.
And why are you asking me that question? Because you've only seen one game out of me, and that game was baaaaaaad. So you're trying to rile me, confound me, you're doing the exact same thing you did in Tric's BYOR.

Frankly, it's kinda meh.

His very first post is dismissing a question made against him and refusing to answer it, admiting that he's reliant on "hard facts" or as he later clarified, night game. He expects scum to freak out if he attacks one of their members, saying that's how it works in Town of Salem.

Alright, I have a maybe-read that Icy isn't role fishing, he's actually the swap-prankster. His ability probably has to do with swaptastic memes, and is thus why he's prying for data on "what kind of/how many roles will I be shuffling? HMMMM."

Hector13: Why would you be delighted to exchange your role for a "useless" one, so to speak?

To be honest, I like Spin. He seems honest, up front... Superdorf, though, he seems to be tunneling a man and rolling the bandwagon along.

Hm. Shakerag, why is it important that we know how drunk you are?
Hey, didn't we just talk about pressure via votes?

Now, I feel like spitting up numbers, so here's what I feel the distribution is...
9 town
3 scum
1 SK

The SK might be grumpy, maybe they got a "Kill yourself" for their Kill ability... Actually, I now have an update question for @Hector13: Did you get pegged with a Kill Yourself role, which is why you would prefer any other role?

Pushy, I know, but I feel like I'm onto something.

Guesses that hector13 is the serial killer (which turned out to be correct.) and calls out Superdorf for tunneling Maximum Spin and pushing a bandwagon against him.  Says the scum team is 3 members, which we have all seemed to agree upon so far. In retrospective, this actually makes me think he might not be scum...

I fished deeper because a Kill Yourself counts as a Kill, which is a sign of a potential SK. It's long logic, but it makes it so you, should you be SK, can't use your other ability for risk of someone seeing you do something other than off yourself. It also inflates my ego and makes me feel like I contributed to the game.

Then again, maybe it's too good to be true. This part is very strange. He's appears to be certain and absolutely sure that hector13 is a serial killer and that there's 3 scum, which is kinda weird. This is why I first believed he might have gained this knowledge from some source, like an investigative/census ability or due to being part of scum.

Frankly, I don't expect much in the way of hard facts. That's why I'm fishing so hard - they seem like the only solid facts I can pull up. And when the other Mafioso keeps their head, well, then it's time to hunt him down like the first one.

In the meantime, aggressive swapping is an anti-town move. As it is, we have probably all figured out what the heck our roles can do. But if they shuffle, then we have to decode the use of our new role, and besides, what if Mafia or SK snag a better skill than they had before? Extremely likely in this case.

Admits to role fishing, and says he doesn't expect many "hard facts", probably because of the nature of his ability (See his own target, which would probably be most of the time himself.) Seems to stay consistent with his claim, at least.

My experience is Town of Salem, where there's powers everywhere, a lynch almost every day, and the average game takes... Oh, 30 minutes. On forums I've had Tric's BYOS Yugioh game.
Yeah. Call me a semi-vet?

Town of Salem taught me that knowing roles is knowing what matters, so thus is my addiction to roles and powers.

Seems pretty confident of his ability to hunt scum, despite having a "weak" ability. A single game of experience in forum mafia, but considers himself a semi-veteran. Not much else here. Keep in mind he has ignored a few questions, too. He later continues in another post to talk about how his strategy works on ToS to excuse why, despite these not really matching how forum mafia works, especially when roles are randomized and can be either extremely powerful and absolutely useless.

Hang on a minute, I have an attack on Hector.

We've clarified that (at least one) of his abilities is Kill Yourself, which is a Kill. That puts him in the running for being SK.

Someone mentioned "With SK that's 2 NK not just one..." Well wouldn't the SK want to get stab-happy? Unless, of course, their KILL ability is Kill Yourself...

Hector! Stand for your theoretical crimes!

Again insists on that hector13 is the serial killer, and continues to attack him. While he was right, it's true that scum would also want to get rid of the sk, and this could have been an attempt to shift town towards hector13 instead of scum.

I would control-f if I had a decent phone I was playing on, but as it is taking reading time takes up responding time, it's... Just a bad idea for me to play Mafia, let's be honest.

SUDDEN NO-PRESSURE ROLE REVEAL!
Shaken Oracle
Once per night, see the target of yourself.
Oddly useful, as it lets me know if I'm made to jump on anyone other than myself.
Last night's result was myself.

Right after his "attack" on hector, he decides to claim unprompted. Maybe as a way to reduce suspicion against him, and induce others to unfocus from him and instead focus on the serial killer. He later continues, blindly believing hector13's lie and still tunneling him, certain that he's the serial killer.

*Ahem*

I reveal because I hope that fearlessly showing my role shows me to be town. In ToS this usually works, because Role is directly linked to Alignment. Not so here, but I still use it as a high card.

I'm seeking SK instead of Mafia because I'm locked onto him. In ToS the only way you get someone is to stay on them day after day. So against SK I stand.

Who is scummy to me? I feel like Nirur's "so many scum" reads are intended to sow chaos in the town, get fingers pointing. And Tric I physically cannot have a mental bias towards.

NOW ABOUT THAT SK!

You say you were being facetious when you said your skill was Kill Yourself. How convinent that you essentially take back your words as they get weaponized against you.
You mention your role got swapped. How convenient you have a reason with which to use your other power, the one that isn't just suicide.
No, I will not lay off.
I will dig deeper until your corpse proves me wrong.

Admits that he claimed to appear as town and gain trust, which actually makes me even more suspicious. Why would he do that out of nowhere? Then insists again on saying that we should focus on the serial killer instead of scum, which is also somewhat scummy by itself but even more so after claiming with that reasoning.

In order...

Hector, obviously. See current train I won't get off.

I'm not SK. I just hate Solo Evil with a burning passion right now because I have their scent in my nose.

Eh, I'd take a quick tutorial in scumhunt, I usually base it on Night Happenings, like I said.

Answered in my previous post, as dorf re-asked it.

How about I strengthen it in my previous post, then follow up with an attack on Nirur!

Nirur, you compliment my move against you, then taunt me into moving farther. You seem to be banking on the idea that I'm too hot for SK to take a moment to scan you. And you're half-right, I'm not skimming your posts. But I am calling out what I read as attempted "Oh yeah? Really attack me. No? Still on about SK? Look at this determined little scummie..."

You're next on my lynch-list.

This is what I'm talking about. In this post, he outright refuses to deepen his case against Leafsnail to continue focusing on the serial killer. He threatens him saying that he's next on his lynch list, but makes no move against him after that.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 10, 2019, 05:50:10 pm »

Superdorf's Town Status is based upon IcyTea's talk of him not being in a Chat? IcyTea was a Doctor, so couldn't learn of this. Assuming a Frame isn't occurring, something seems weird here. Where exactly does his Town-Confirm come from again? Most of his posts are pushing the game along. Data can be had here, as he is likely a key part to who is town, and who isn't.

Oh, the chat stuff. IcyTea was trying to say that because I ask stupid questions publicly, I'm unlikely to be asking stupid questions privately, like in a mafia Quicktopic. It was a social deduction based on my cluelessness, not a mechanical declaration.

Superdorf, the reason I did intend to hammer is rather simple, to get talk generated, and use that to break apart flimsy arguments, as well as get others to put together a case.

I don't follow. The reason we were avoiding a hammervote was to leave the day open for discussion. Your hammer, had it succeeded, would have cut that discussion short.
...Of course, there wasn't all that much discussion to be had anyway. But still.

- My role did not change on either night.
- I am not in any sort of chatroom.
- I cannot redirect actions.
- My power is a Night action.

klonk
Sigtext

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 10, 2019, 05:55:54 pm »

Also keep in mind that TricMagic answered "Yes" to his own question regarding chatrooms. I don't think there's any role or ability that can't be made by the generator containing such power, so I think it's very probable that TricMagic slipped and claimed to be in the mafia quicktopic by accident, without realizing what he did.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 - Day One - Magma Alpaca Revenge
« Reply #449 on: May 10, 2019, 06:13:08 pm »

Guesses that hector13 is the serial killer (which turned out to be correct.) and calls out Superdorf for tunneling Maximum Spin and pushing a bandwagon against him.
I mean. In his defense. I was acting pretty idiotic through most of D1.

Says the scum team is 3 members, which we have all seemed to agree upon so far. In retrospective, this actually makes me think he might not be scum...
This means nothing. Ruminations on the structure of a game are a useful and fairly common way for mafia to appear town without actually scumhunting. Town and scum both have reasons to do this sort of thing, so it's nothing more than a nulltell.

Again insists on that hector13 is the serial killer, and continues to attack him. While he was right, it's true that scum would also want to get rid of the sk, and this could have been an attempt to shift town towards hector13 instead of scum.
Right after his "attack" on hector, he decides to claim unprompted. Maybe as a way to reduce suspicion against him, and induce others to unfocus from him and instead focus on the serial killer. He later continues, blindly believing hector13's lie and still tunneling him, certain that he's the serial killer.
Admits that he claimed to appear as town and gain trust, which actually makes me even more suspicious. Why would he do that out of nowhere? Then insists again on saying that we should focus on the serial killer instead of scum, which is also somewhat scummy by itself but even more so after claiming with that reasoning.
In this post, he outright refuses to deepen his case against Leafsnail to continue focusing on the serial killer. He threatens him saying that he's next on his lynch list, but makes no move against him after that.

This is the meat of your case, right here. You're right. I saw all that-- I even called him on some of it-- but I didn't think to turn it into an attack. You've done well on that front, and I'm intensely curious to see what KitRougard does about it.

------------------------------------
Also keep in mind that TricMagic answered "Yes" to his own question regarding chatrooms. I don't think there's any role or ability that can't be made by the generator containing such power, so I think it's very probable that TricMagic slipped and claimed to be in the mafia quicktopic by accident, without realizing what he did.
Oh hey, good call... Tric, this a scumslip we're looking at? Why do you have chat access?

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 43