Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 43

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 2 -GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 99499 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

Then again, hector13 is most probably scum trying to pull a gambit to avoid his lynch. And even if he was telling the truth, it would still be better to lynch him if we even was a chance against the scum.

Please explain to me how scum claims SK as a gambit to avoid a god fucking lynch.  THIS MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE WHAT THE WHARRGARRRBL.

I think that might be the point. "Why would the scum claim to be serial killer?" Seems like WIFOM to me, as no one would expect it. So, it might cause people to unvote if it would cause the town to instantly lose.
It makes no sense.  Practically everyone is going to vote someone who claims SK.  Most people are not going to look at a claim like that and think "hmm, that's odd, maybe I shouldn't vote them."

If hector13 is town, then claiming SK is a totally stupid gambit.
If hector13 is scum, then claiming SK is a totally stupid gambit.
If hector13 is SK, then claiming SK is a totally stupid gambit. 

It literally makes no sense whatsoever to do what he did.  I mean, it is pretty much known to anyone who has played more than a handful of games on here that claiming -any- kind of third party is essentially guaranteeing you're going to get lynched or night-killed.  And I would posit that hector13 should know this.  So claiming SK would in no way further his wincon regardless of what alignment he is, barring jester, and I don't even think that's a possible role in this game type.

You may wish to unvote, RGU, as scum want me dead, and I imagine other players will want to react before I get hammered. I’m still leading lynch candidate even if you do.
Why would scum want you dead if your continued existence would only sped up their win against town? You have no reason to help the town either, and since I'm going to sleep in a few hours and be busy until one hour after the deadline, I'm going to leave my vote there as I won't have time to put it back before the day ends if I unvote.
Because the presence of an SK is a bar to scum's wincon.  And an SK could potentially take out the scumteam.  Which is why sometimes it is a scumtell for someone to be focusing overly much on third parties, because scum has the highest reason to want to get rid of them. 

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile

Alright, I've made my decision. It's like 12:30 in the morning here, so my head's a little fuzzy, but... eh. Hopefully my logic isn't too incoherent.

Let's assume, for the moment, that Hector's telling the truth. Let's also assume that there's 3 mafia members, same as the last Proc Gen game.

If we lynch mafia today, Hector gets a chance to infect somebody. Whoever we lynch tomorrow, be it mafia or Hector, that somebody-- probably town-- will die. Furthermore, we quite likely won't lynch mafia today, and that one extra dead townie would most certainly seal our fate. Even with perfect play from us, failing some great stroke of luck-- and don't get me wrong, such strokes of luck *do* exist-- we'll lose to either mafia or Hector.

If we lynch Hector today, then... well, we still may very well lose to scum. But one of Hector's kills might miss town. Or the nightkill might an infected player. Like us lynching mafia, there's still chances for us, and Hector won't have a chance to get a second delayed nightkill in. I figure-- and I probably figure wrong, so please correct my math-- there's like a 2/3 chance of us pulling through the night. We'll still have a shot at winning.

And all that's assuming Hector's telling the truth-- the chance that he's not telling the truth tilts the odds further in our favor. I say we go for it.

I won't cast the hammervote myself, because conversation. (Also, I want to hear more drunk Shakerag, because drunk Shakerag is best Shakerag. :D) But do lynch Hector13 when y'all are ready. Please.

With that, I go to bed. Tomorrow's gonna be busy, so I probably won't be around for the lynch... but again. Lynch Hector. It's the best shot we have.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile

Oh, also: whoever casts hammervote without the express consent of the rest of the town is probably scum, and will be an excellent candidate for a lynch tomorrow.

That should either prevent a premature hammering, or give us a nice juicy lynch target. Whichever. G'night!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

Bear in mind I can be blocked, and scum might kill me themselves, ‘cause they can’t win without me dead. Allowing the town to use a lynch on the serial killer means they have a night in which they can kill town without worrying the serial killer will hit them.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think a no lynch is the town’s best option now.

If I get lynched you either lose or it’s MyLo and have to no lynch tomorrow. If you lynch town just now you’re done either way.

No lynch now means 3 dead overnight, and 7 players to choose from rather than 10. I might get killed in the night too. If not, you have a 1/3 chance of hitting scum.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unless there’s three scum, in which case it’s 1/2 if I’m still alive.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Weird that you suddenly care about what's town's best option. So wouldn't leaving you alive result in a serial killer win? And you haven't answered the question I had made before:

I can only take one action N2.

You can infect two players, but only during day 1? This doesn't make much sense to me. Why did you not include this in your claim? What is the wording in your role, exactly?

What's the explanation behind being able to target two players during the first night and only one during the second? How can we know that this isn't a lie?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

Unvote so nobody hammers while I'm typing.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 - Day Two - Terminal Connection Loss
« Reply #383 on: May 09, 2019, 06:13:56 am »

hector13

Anyway, it’s a little rich you accuse me of arguing in bad faith when you say I didn’t tell you I thought you were lying, when it was made abundantly clear I didn’t think you were being honest. You’ve been ascribing motivations and reading between the lines of my posts all game long, and you expect me to believe you had no idea I thought you weren’t being honest? Come on, man.
No, I was expecting you to go for (or at least react to) the low-hanging fruit presented to you several times instead of outright ignoring it.

This is why you voting for me was such a problem, even with your justification for it. You say you voted for me to get me talking, even though I was already voting for you and thus very likely to continuing talking specifically to you, and you could interact with me during that.
Yes, to get you talking about the thing that would make town-you realize that there isn't a strong case to be made here.

This meant, from my perspective, you were trying to shut me down, to stop me talking about the thing I wanted to talk about by calling it scummy.
This goes against your stated philosophy on votes:
I VOTE PEOPLE TO PRESSURE THEM, I PRESSURE THEM BY MAKING MY VOTE LOOK REAL (WHICH I'M REALLY FUCKING GOOD AT APPARENTLY) BECAUSE OTHERWISE IT WOULD JUST BE BRUSHED OFF AND WOULDN'T ACHIEVE ANYTHING.
This isn't exactly how I believe it, but based on this: either it isn't how you believe it, or you have a double standard of it only being townish when you do it.

You also postulate that scum killed Starver/awsume because they felt they could get someone lynched easily. Considering I was one of the lynch candidates for D1, do you think it’s me?

If not, why, and who do you think it is? Why?
With you and me taking center stage, it's relatively easy to push the lynch against one of us while staying to the sidelines.

As for me misleading the town, I would suggest it was a mistaken town. I pointed out your hypocrisy using the example of rolefishing - intentional or otherwise - and people thought that I was more bothered by the rolefishing than hypocrisy. That was quite frustrating, actually.
I know how you feel.

Also, what’s the whole thing with RGU and the inform ability and reading him town because you would tell the person with inform to do the kill? It reads more like you’re saying you can’t be in the scum team with RGU (if RGU is scum) because he used inform.
RGU provably used a relatively useless ability on N1, and thus didn't perform the kill. From this I conclude that either the other scum has an even more useless ability, or RGU isn't in a scumteam.

PPE: you didn’t say you made your own case on you to get me to build a better case, you said you voted me to do provoke me. Again, I was already voting for you, did you not think a case would be forthcoming st some point for me to justify it? If not, why?
Because your vote was an obvious RVS vote that needed a push to get you to make it into an earnest case.

If you were trying to provoke me to make a better case with that, what had you so convinced I was scum when I continued my pressure on you by correcting you about I was concluding from the evidence?
At the moment, I wasn't convinced you were scum, so I reiterated the point you missed.

and now you say you’re scum reading me based on someone else’s meta.

Like.

Let that sink in for a second.

I am scum because someone else was scum and you ascribed the same motivation to me as them.

Can I do what you do and say “no, u” and expect you to accept that as a reasonable defense? Thanks.
"You are scum because you're using a relatively-unknown tactic that only scum has reason to use. Because most players likely won't know of it, I should demonstrate it by showing it in action in a past game."

I think a no lynch is the town’s best option now.

If I get lynched you either lose or it’s MyLo and have to no lynch tomorrow. If you lynch town just now you’re done either way.

No lynch now means 3 dead overnight, and 7 players to choose from rather than 10. I might get killed in the night too. If not, you have a 1/3 chance of hitting scum.
"You are wonderful!"
"Thank you. I've worked hard to become so."
"I admit it, you are better than I am."
"Then why are you smiling?"
"Because I know something you don't know."

Next order of business: it occured to me at some point that I really don't like the way Hector lead me into a buddying accusation on IcyTea.

IcyTea31: Is "buddying" what you were trying to do there?
My point was to note that you don't need to be looked at too closely since you're obviously town. This can be attributed to both a town leader guiding others towards better targets or scum buddying to share in the towncred. Townhunting is a lot like scumhunting: scum only needs to do it to deceive.

And what was hector13 being purposely misleading about, again?
That his case was about the hypocrisy of rolefishing, when no rolefishing was taking place.

(read list)
You have two scum there, when we know that there are at least three (a mafia team needs two, and there is an SK). Might want to revise it.

IcyTea: Asmoth claimed I misrepresenting him, which IIRC was a major factor in you going after Hector. Your thoughts on this post?
They say you categorized them as both "scummy" and "scummy townie" and note the discrepancy, taking it as a sign of a case not well thought out. You should respond to this and explain exactly what your intentions were.

I tried informing hector13 and IcyTea31 of Maximum Spin's action type. And it apparently didn't work since neither received the report.
I received it. I noted this in the very post you quoted.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Once per game I can infect two targets.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I tried informing hector13 and IcyTea31 of Maximum Spin's action type. And it apparently didn't work since neither received the report.
I received it. I noted this in the very post you quoted.

That isn't really what you implied in the quote.

An Inform ability was used on me.
Furthermore: I have no idea who I was informed about or who informed me, but based on the Inform actions I tended to roll in the generator, it's likely the informer doesn't know the information they gave me. Therefore I'll say this: whoever I was informed about is not an SK (but can be mafia). I also believe the informer is town, since if I was mafia, I'd have the informer perform the kill so that the other(s) with actually useful abilities could use them.

If the report was about someone who died and had their role flipped, why would the informer not know about the information they gave you? And it doesn't make sense if hector13 didn't receive the report either.

Once per game I can infect two targets.

You keep avoiding giving details about your role, and I'm not even sure if the generator can even create what you have been describing so far.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That isn't really what you implied in the quote.
About my ability, I tried using it on IcyTea31 and hector13. If I wasn't roleblocked, could you two confirm? It's fairly useless, as it should inform you of knowledge you should already have.
I can confirm it looks like information I already have, though I wasn't sure before you said that.

If the report was about someone who died and had their role flipped, why would the informer not know about the information they gave you? And it doesn't make sense if hector13 didn't receive the report either.
Note that I wrote that before you claimed the inform, just decided to post it anyway. Most often, Inform abilities I rolled were something like "inform a random player of your target's action type" which wouldn't give any information to the informer. In this case, the informer only knows the information because the action was dead-target.

You keep avoiding giving details about your role, and I'm not even sure if the generator can even create what you have been describing so far.
It can, and hector has no motive to be honest about his role at this point so this line of questioning is pointless.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I’m about to be lynched, mate. This is the best time for honesty.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

At work, being sneaky.

Don’t get me wrong, I want to win. I can’t win if you lynch me and there are three scum, ‘cause that’s game over.

If you lynch me and there are only two scum, you go into MyLo knowing the most significant thing happening all game - me/IcyTea/Leafsnail - was partly motivated by anti-town.

I’m basically offering town the opportunity to not lose in the hopes I go unmolested during the night.

If I’m lying about the strength of my abilities, I’m a known quantity to town, efforts can be focused on finding the other anti-town elements.

I’ll offer a sweetener: Superdorf appears to be consensus town. I’ll vote with him for the rest of the game unless it’s a hammer.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As far as I know, this could be another attempt from scum to buss one of their members claiming SK to gain town's trust. I think it might be too late to find someone to lynch during the remaining hours, and no lynching is almost certainly worse than any of the other options except misslynching town. Since trying to lynch scum during what's left of the day had the risk of a misslynch and a no lynch would leave us with both scum and a serial killer loose, I don't see why we should not lynch you.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 43