Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 43

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 2 -GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 99527 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 - Day 3 - Launch of the doctor!
« Reply #450 on: May 10, 2019, 06:15:53 pm »

Everyone: We have some night actions to peruse. Our time grows ever shorter. Role discussion grows more and more pointed, and I worry it's gonna start bogging us down if we don't address it. Is it time to start roleclaiming?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 2 - Day One - Magma Alpaca Revenge
« Reply #451 on: May 10, 2019, 06:22:06 pm »

In order...

Hector, obviously. See current train I won't get off.

I'm not SK. I just hate Solo Evil with a burning passion right now because I have their scent in my nose.

Eh, I'd take a quick tutorial in scumhunt, I usually base it on Night Happenings, like I said.

Answered in my previous post, as dorf re-asked it.

How about I strengthen it in my previous post, then follow up with an attack on Nirur!

Nirur, you compliment my move against you, then taunt me into moving farther. You seem to be banking on the idea that I'm too hot for SK to take a moment to scan you. And you're half-right, I'm not skimming your posts. But I am calling out what I read as attempted "Oh yeah? Really attack me. No? Still on about SK? Look at this determined little scummie..."

You're next on my lynch-list.

This is what I'm talking about. In this post, he outright refuses to deepen his case against Leafsnail to continue focusing on the serial killer. He threatens him saying that he's next on his lynch list, but makes no move against him after that.
This was pointed at me, not Leafsnail.

Also keep in mind that TricMagic answered "Yes" to his own question regarding chatrooms. I don't think there's any role or ability that can't be made by the generator containing such power, so I think it's very probable that TricMagic slipped and claimed to be in the mafia quicktopic by accident, without realizing what he did.
Okay, I need to get on top of things, I didn't even realize those questions were to everyone.
I don't think the generator can make a non-mafia chat.
Tric: Explain. (I'm not going to vote, because of the vote thief and I don't want to risk hammering the day away when it's just started.)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

PFP. No Lynch seems fairly safe today - we don't lose a lynch and it seems pretty unlikely that a second kill would pop up at this point. No lynch is probably better than a massclaim unless someone has a good reason why it's dangerous.

On the other hand we do have a 1v1 between Nirur Torir and randomgenericusername - I'm currently strongly leaning towards Nirur Torir due to how incoherent their claim is and their weird mechanical pleading instead of just concluding RGU is lying. I'd like more clarification from Nirur Torir about it.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 10, 2019, 06:31:12 pm »

This was pointed at me, not Leafsnail.
I got the wrong name by accident, sorry. But my point still stands.

Also yes, I was hoping that you would explain about your ability. Paraphrasing the one I gained during the first night and used in the second: I can, once per night, learn the names of everyone who doesn't target me during that night. With the list of names I obtained, the only ones who were missing were me and Nirur Torir. If you had used a redirecg, I believe I would have obtained the list of everyone who didn't visit someone else, but then I would have seen your name as you would have visited me instead of the target I would have been redirected to.

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On the other hand we do have a 1v1 between Nirur Torir and randomgenericusername - I'm currently strongly leaning towards Nirur Torir due to how incoherent their claim is and their weird mechanical pleading instead of just concluding RGU is lying. I'd like more clarification from Nirur Torir about it.
No comment from you on Tric claiming to be in a chat?

I don't know what more you want me to say. A "You're lying," "No, you are" match comes out with me as a the obvious loser, since his only requires one thing to be true.

Also yes, I was hoping that you would explain about your ability. Paraphrasing the one I gained during the first night and used in the second: I can, once per night, learn the names of everyone who doesn't target me during that night. With the list of names I obtained, the only ones who were missing were me and Nirur Torir. If you had used a redirecg, I believe I would have obtained the list of everyone who didn't visit someone else, but then I would have seen your name as you would have visited me instead of the target I would have been redirected to.
[You] aren't the target there.
   otherwise if a random chance of one in 10 succeeds:
      say "learn the [learn] of [target]. Action: Investigate";

To say learn:
   otherwise if a random chance of one in three succeeds:
      say "name";

otherwise if a random chance of one in four succeeds:
      say "[everyone] targeting you";
[You] are never targeted in that. [Everyone] gets redirected to [Everyone].

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 10, 2019, 07:08:49 pm »

Aight, lemme get this straight. RGU claims Nirur Torir "visited" him last night. Nirur Torir believes somebody forced him to use his vote-gift ability... but the votecount is normal, so failing unrelated vote shenanigans it's extremely likely that either RGU or Nirur Torir is lying about something. Do I have that right?

Nirur Torir: Is your new ability something that RGU would have noticed last night, if somebody had forced you to use it?

klonk
Sigtext

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 10, 2019, 07:14:34 pm »

Aight, lemme get this straight. RGU claims Nirur Torir "visited" him last night. Nirur Torir believes somebody forced him to use his vote-gift ability... but the votecount is normal, so failing unrelated vote shenanigans it's extremely likely that either RGU or Nirur Torir is lying about something. Do I have that right?

Nirur Torir: Is your new ability something that RGU would have noticed last night, if somebody had forced you to use it?
You have things wrong.
My original ability was to randomly give my vote away for the day.
My newly gifted ability is to randomly redirect a random target.
The action I tried to perform was Do Nothing.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 10, 2019, 08:08:31 pm »

Important note that I think deserves its own post: y'all are misreading TricMagic's post. It's confusing because he put in an extra yes/no answer, it's pretty clear to me he's saying he's not in a quicktopic.
  • [1]On Night 1, who received new power, and did anything happen to their old power? Same with Night 2.
  • [2]Who is in a Chatroom this game?
  • [3]Who here has the power to redirect actions?
  • [4]Is your power day, or night?

To answer mine, [1]No and [2]no. [3]Yes. [weird extra]No. And [4]Day.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 10, 2019, 08:15:32 pm »

I am not in a chatroom. I'll participate in a massclaim if it's decided we want one but I'd rather not reveal piecemeal information about my role - I think that provides little value to the town while giving the mafia clues.
Sure, but scum can just use the generator to make a fake role, and I'd argue would be less likely to make a mistake about their claim when doing so. Have I missed something here?
Correct, answering that question correctly doesn't guarantee that KitRougard is town (in any case a mafia member could just use their real rolename even if the role is fake - the rolenames are entirely unrelated to the role). However, if KitRougard was lying and answered wrongly, it would expose them as scum. Asking for that clarification had a lot of potential upside and no downside.
I don't know what more you want me to say. A "You're lying," "No, you are" match comes out with me as a the obvious loser, since his only requires one thing to be true.
...What? Are you aware this line of reasoning makes no sense from the perspective of a town player who shouldn't know whether RGU is town or not? You're explicitly trying to work out the most plausible way you can lie to cover yourself, rather than trying to work out the truth (and from your perspective, "RGU is mafia and lying" should be a possibility).

I don't see any way an ability could've turned your action from nothing into something that targeted RGU, particularly without also targeting RGU. One of you is lying, and from the way you're acting I'm pretty sure it's you.

Nirur Torir. You have put the noose around your own neck.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 10, 2019, 08:23:34 pm »

...What? Are you aware this line of reasoning makes no sense from the perspective of a town player who shouldn't know whether RGU is town or not? You're explicitly trying to work out the most plausible way you can lie to cover yourself, rather than trying to work out the truth (and from your perspective, "RGU is mafia and lying" should be a possibility).
I didn't consider that he might have been lying, because it's such a risk and an easily disproven claim to make, after I flip if nothing else. Scum dislike sacrificing themselves like that for a lynch.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 10, 2019, 08:27:14 pm »

...Alright, would someone explain this mess for me? I can't make head or tail of it.

klonk
Sigtext

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 10, 2019, 08:41:17 pm »

Important note that I think deserves its own post: y'all are misreading TricMagic's post. It's confusing because he put in an extra yes/no answer, it's pretty clear to me he's saying he's not in a quicktopic.
  • [1]On Night 1, who received new power, and did anything happen to their old power? Same with Night 2.

To answer mine, [1]No and [2]no. [3]Yes. [weird extra]No. And [4]Day.
I think it should be obvious that it's this:
  • [1.1]On Night 1, who received new power, [1.2]and did anything happen to their old power? Same with Night 2.

To answer mine, [1.1]No and [1.2]no. [2]Yes. [3]No. And [4]Day.
The first question is actually two questions, and he answers "No and no" on the same line because of that, then he says "Yes" to the "third" question, admiting that he is, indeed on a quicktopic with the scum and thus a member of the mafia.

Maybe it's even in a scum team with you, since Nirur Torir didn't actually lie regarding what he did last night and you're suddenly trying to defend TricMagic, while he has gone silent.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 10, 2019, 08:48:33 pm »

How do you reconcile your result with Nirur Torir's claim, exactly? I can't see any way you can both be telling the truth.

And I think it's absurd to blow up what could be a very easy typographical error into a definitive scumslip.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 10, 2019, 08:58:04 pm »

Either I visited him to Do Nothing or I made him re-target Everyone into Everyone. Easy.

And I think it's absurd to blow up what could be a very easy typographical error into a definitive scumslip.
Which is just plain silly to say while insisting that one of the two of us is a liar, based on your own guess of the rules, AND while defending Tric's "very easy" typographical error, before he can respond. Just take all the pressure off his scumslip.
This is not the first time you've been oddly convinced on Tric being town. You're both scum, what a way to slip.

Why don't you let your scumbuddy defend himself, Leafsnail?[/b]

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 10, 2019, 09:02:29 pm »

Either I visited him to Do Nothing or I made him re-target Everyone into Everyone. Easy.

Which is just plain silly to say while insisting that one of the two of us is a liar, based on your own guess of the rules, AND while defending Tric's "very easy" typographical error, before he can respond. Just take all the pressure off his scumslip.
This is not the first time you've been oddly convinced on Tric being town. You're both scum, what a way to slip.

Why don't you let your scumbuddy defend himself, Leafsnail?[/b]

So, why are you voting Leafsnail instead of TricMagic if he was the one who made the slip, if it really was one? While I'm not really sure anymore, there's still the possibility Leafsnail could be town and we want to avoid a misslynch if we're really on MyLo.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 43