Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 43

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 2 -GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 99445 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile

Hnng. I'm all panicky again now. This game does not sit well with me.
Everyone: Do we believe Hector? If we believe him, what do we do about it?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ugh, I feel really sorry for disappearing for the last few days, but it was just impossible for me to post. Still kinda sick, but not feeling as bad as before. First of all, I'll be answering those adressing me before reading what I've missed in depth.

An Inform ability was used on me.
Furthermore: I have no idea who I was informed about or who informed me, but based on the Inform actions I tended to roll in the generator, it's likely the informer doesn't know the information they gave me. Therefore I'll say this: whoever I was informed about is not an SK (but can be mafia). I also believe the informer is town, since if I was mafia, I'd have the informer perform the kill so that the other(s) with actually useful abilities could use them.
Or you and RGU are scum, and you're covering for each other.  Or you're not scum but RGU is, and they already thought of that idea.  Or RGU is scum and had the least worst ability.  Yay, WIFOM.
RGU

About my ability, I tried using it on IcyTea31 and hector13. If I wasn't roleblocked, could you two confirm? It's fairly useless, as it should inform you of knowledge you should already have. I'll answer questions later when I'm not feeling my head splitting in half.

I missed this.

Did you change my role? If so, why?

First of all, my role is Undulating Ghoul: During the night, I'm able to inform two players about the action type of a dead player. I tried informing hector13 and IcyTea31 of Maximum Spin's action type. And it apparently didn't work since neither received the report.

It's an useless ability because it shows information that is already on flips whenever someone dies. I'm not able to change roles and my role didn't change, but I gained a somewhat less useless ability during the last night.

randomgenericusername, KitRougard, and Deus Asmoth: D1's lynch came down to Hector or Spin, and you three weren't here to vote for either. I'd like for each of you to say who you'd have preferred to have your vote on, or no lynch, and why.

I would probably have voted for Macimum Spin if I had been there, mostly since hector13 didn't appear as scummy as he did. He seemed to be in favor of no-lynching (which I'm strong against) and was acting quite strangley. I guess his behavior can be explained as he apparently had the ability to potentially see everyone's alignment, which we didn't know about it.

Actually, looking back, almost none of the votes against him make much sense, except for Nirur Torir's:

Wake up in the morning, time is counting down. It's time to choose, MaxSpin, why you?

Need to read this page too, given the wall it started with.

TricMagic hadn't even read the page yet, but that seems normal from him.

I'd much rather see Leafsnail go away, but I might forget within the next hour to come back, so

MaxSpin
Damn, I won't be home before the deadline. My case on hector involves a past game that I don't have the time to look for, so I'll be sure to do that during the night. For now, I'm fine with lynching Maximum Spin for wanting to practically surrender the game to scum.

And then there's suddenly two votes at the very last second. These last two are the ones I'm the most suspicious for. I don't really like much the idea of using meta, but this reminds me a lot of the strategy he tried using on Mafiakart when he was my scumbuddy. I have the gut feeling the two might be scum trying to distance from each other, because I feel that if it had been otherwise, hector13 would have been lynched

Fake edit:

I am the serial killer.

I'm going to need a while to process this and I haven't read what I've missed yet.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, so, I believe it's still better to lynch hector13 in this case, regardless of his claim. I believe he might be lying to avoid being lynched, and even if he was telling the truth and we somehow were lucky enough to lynch scum in the short time left, he'll probably infect two other players, leaving us even worse than before.

Let's say we have 3 scum, 1 SK (hector13) and 6 town. Two town members are already dead, and that leaves us with 4. We (hopefully) lynch scum today, leaving them with two members. Then, scum kills one town member and the infection probably takes out another two, leaving us with either one or two members and a serial killer, plus the two scum members.

At this point, either the scum or the serial killer would win, as the 1-2 remaining town members would either be killed, lynched or infected. So, if hector13 is the real serial killer and he's telling the truth, then we've probably already lost the game. The only case in which we would have any chance of winning would actually be the one in which we lynch hector13 and one of his infected targets is killed by the mafia, leaving 3 town against 2 mafia.

Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

I can only take one action N2.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, assuming I don’t get blocked or anything like that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile

First thoughts.

So... it's quite possible Hector's scum pulling some spectacular WIFOM now the pressure's on him. Kit was thinking SK, I was thinking SK-- why not claim SK, and shake things up a little?

Another (and, in my eyes, less likely) possibility: he is the Serial Killer, but he's lying about the strength of his kill ability to intimidate us. This could be, but I'm inclined to believe Proc Gen really is just this crazy.

Obvious possibility: Hector really is just telling this straight. In which case... we're in trouble. His math is solid. We'll almost certainly lose if we lynch him, and we'll likely lose to him if we don't.

Can I just point out that I was right to try and lynch this guy when we had the chance? I mean. I didn't really realize it at the time. But still.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

L-1, by the by.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

woo, drunkposting is a gooooo!

hector13:
A’ight.

*clap clap*

Gather round. Lemme tell you a story.

Well, not really a story, more of a confession.

So, Kit is, against all odds, correct.

I am the serial killer.

I infect people, ‘cause I’m dirty like that, and I could target two people on N1. Consequently, I know that at least two people are going to die due to infection during the night. Not gonna tell you who, ‘cause that’d make things much less interesting.

This means, should you lynch me, the two infected die, and the scum target someone else during the night, four people are dead before tomorrow. This means six players left, and if none of those four dead are mafia - one assuredly is not - y’all are going to be in MyLo if there’s a 2-man scum team, or you’ve lost if there’s 3.

So, you can lynch me and giving the mafia team a huge step toward winning, or you can lynch or no lynch to your hearts’ content, and take your chances during the night.
hector13, what in the ever living fuck are you up to?  I can't even process this as a gambit, because claiming SK is essentially the same as signing your own death warrant.  I'm legitimately wondering if you've taken a leave of your senses.  Because if you're actually honestly claiming SK then I'm going to vote the shit out of you.

Oh hey Leafsnail.

I’ll claim if you drop a reads list.
What the fuck does Leafsnail's readlist have to do with anything?  That just kind of sounds like antagonizing, since he said he thought readlists were just padding or some shit.

Nirur Torir:
Truth be told, while I can't presume to speak for Leafsnail, but if I was in his position your vote wouldn't have caused me to do a damn thing differently. 
Then how do you get someone who's done almost nothing, to do something?
Well, essentially, you can't.  But you can dump a fuckton of posts on someone and point out they aren't responding to you.  Assuming the player isn't totally MIA then it's a bit suspicious if they're not answering any of your questions.

Leafsnail:
What kind of "exploring" would you like me to do with the guy who retired from the game for legitimate personal reasons? If he were my top target after day one I might still vote for them, but that isn't the case so I don't see what good firing questions at them could possibly do.

As for your question, it depends on the flip. If he's mafia then you for sure. If he's non-mafia then I'll need to reframe my understanding of the game. Ideally I'd like to follow up on RGU if they get a replacement. My next choice would be Nirur - they've provided reasonable answers when I poked them before, but their posts keep rubbing me the wrong way and I'd like to spend some time examining their game as a whole.
Did RGU actually request a replacement?  No?  Then quit being a bitch, Leafsnail.  If said guy hasn't officially withdrawn, then what the fuck are you doing with your thumb up your ass?
Are you suggesting you can't fire off questions to someone who isn't your top target after day one? 

I'm actually a little shocked you think I'm legit chainsawing for hector13.  Forgive me for thinking that y'all have not exactly terribly good arguments for lynching him.  And, you know, it seems like you're just all TUNNEL TUNNEL CHUNNEL CHUNNEL, as our dear old friend Jim would have said.

But, then, do tell me later on what you think of Nirur Torir's game.  I'm very curious about your analysis.

Superdorf:
The fuck are you concerned about everyone else's opinion?  Can't you form one on your own?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

L-1, by the by.

Are you fucking kidding me?  Are jesters a thing in this game setup?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can only take one action N2.
That doesn't really change the fact that we'll probably have 3 townie deaths by tomorrow, unless one of the infected is scum and/or the other is trageted by the mafia kill. Either way, the best case scenario seems to be getting rid of the serial killed and hope for the best instead of trying to find and get scum lynched. If we misslynch, we would be left even worse than before and either mafia or you would have a guaranteed win with up to 4 town members dead.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Then again, hector13 is most probably scum trying to pull a gambit to avoid his lynch. And even if he was telling the truth, it would still be better to lynch him if we even was a chance against the scum.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Then again, hector13 is most probably scum trying to pull a gambit to avoid his lynch. And even if he was telling the truth, it would still be better to lynch him if we even was a chance against the scum.

Please explain to me how scum claims SK as a gambit to avoid a god fucking lynch.  THIS MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE WHAT THE WHARRGARRRBL.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can no lynch too, remember.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can no lynch too, remember.

wait, why are you posting without answering my previous questions?  The absolute hell is your game, hector13?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 43