Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Tron arms race: Faction B Watchers  (Read 1629 times)

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tron arms race: Faction B Watchers
« on: April 20, 2019, 10:02:54 pm »

A city of tunnels, snow, and sky, highly industrialized, situated at the center of a massive wasteland. The lore and details of this faction are yours to create users. So go forth and choose.
Faction Songs Rest all you weary
legends of the frost
Faction B’s starting gear
Battle armor:
Based on riot gear used by security programs, this protective suit provides a decent amount of protection, keeping the wearer from being instantly derezzed by the first few hits. Expensive

Barrier fence
Effectively an immobile self replenishing light ribbon, capable of providing a semipermeable defensive field, impeding enemy movement and protecting troops from enemy bombardment, while still allowing allied forces to shoot and move through it. It's also relatively quick to deploy, but only within your supply network.

Sniper staff
A baton deployed staff with a built in energy gun in addition to its melee capabilities. Its cumbersome to shoot with, but has long range and high accuracy. Mildly Expensive Baton

Light Crawler
Effectively an ATV for programs, this vehicle is slower than a light cycle on the grid, but about equal in speed, or faster, off it. It can carry an extra passenger, who is able to stand up and use ranged weapons, or throw their disc as a ranged attack. It’s also more energy efficient then a light cycle and can operate far from our lines without needing to be resupplied. It also mounts a unique compressing system that allows it to store additional light charges or similar gear for use behind enemy lines. Cheap

Central thread
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 09:32:29 pm by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

DaLintyGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tron arms race: Faction B
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 10:24:53 pm »

Missile Launcher and Light Crawler.

Together they make budget "tanks".

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tron arms race: Faction B
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 10:38:31 pm »

Preferences on the Faction B temp name? Faction A has digital sea, so I kinda need to give you one.
Nevermind, just gave you one.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 10:48:34 pm by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tron arms race: Faction B Children of dust and snow.
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 10:57:27 pm »

Light crawler and Sniper staff for me

DaLintyGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tron arms race: Faction B Children of dust and snow.
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 11:13:56 pm »

Faction name? Watchers. As our terrain meant that that was what our militants were/did.

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tron arms race: Faction B Watchers
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 11:11:50 am »

We don't need to make light tanks from the missile launcher and the crawler. we already have a light tank in the starting gear (in the core thread)
As such I would prefer the sniper staff because of its long range and accurate and easily changed to a better gun form, along with being a baton weapon instead of persistent.

EDIT: I feel like it will benefit us at some point to make a supcom Fatboy
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 11:15:21 am by frostgiant »

DaLintyGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 02:36:26 pm »

Okay yeah. Light Crawler and Sniper Staff.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2019, 06:44:41 pm »

Alright, since you guys have achieved consensus, do you want to start the design phase now? Or wait for Team A to get to consensus before starting your design phase.
My Power armor arms race

DaLintyGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2019, 09:25:41 pm »

May as well start Design I guess. Just poke the other team (pair) that they are lagging.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2019, 09:31:50 pm »

Right, feel free to start doing your design then.
My Power armor arms race

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2019, 09:01:04 am »

I am here now.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

DaLintyGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2019, 05:36:53 pm »

Design vote:

Crane Engineering Vehicle
An early effort to improve manufacturing capacity, the Crane is a mobile construction unit meant to patch over immediate issues with expanding the Watchers' capacity to project force and lay the foundation for future improvements to manufacturing methods.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2019, 09:19:25 pm »

Gen 2 Carrier. 
As it turns out, the carrier model you were inspecting, was several years out of date compared to the modern version that would come into service just in time to fight in the war. The gen 2 carrier has a number of technological improvements, listed individually below.
Missile battery
By using some bits of tech left over from a cancelled project, mixed with some targeting code from the sniper staff, our carriers have been equipped with an air to anywhere missile launcher battery. It has limited ammo and will run out quite quickly if it needs to sustain fire over a prolonged period. There are currently two main kinds.
0s, smaller short ranged missiles for normal combat, capable of taking out everything as armored or less armored than a tank. Useful against enemy aircraft. Takes roughly a minute to rez per missile, but can be stored in large numbers.
1s, powerful long range missiles capable of downing even carriers, these energy based fuel air bombs can't be rezzed inside a standard carrier, and our carriers will need to land every so often to refill their stores.
Improved superstructure and compression tech
A combination of what we have learned from designing body armor for our troops, and the compression tech from our crawlers, we have decreased the size needed for roughly equal carrying capacity, and using the structural design learned from making body armor, have reduced maintenance needed to keep them flying, and let us remove unnecessary components, further freeing up space and decreasing cost.
Ribbon barrier
Using the same tech as our barrier fences, this device projects a defensive one way energy barrier, similar to a light ribbon, but encompassing our vehicle and protecting it.
All together, we now have two types of carrier, both upgraded.
Flagship carrier, gen 2
The same general size and shape as the gen 1 carrier, this massive airship can carry an inordinate amount of missiles, vehicles, and armor. National effort Due to incredible expenses needed to fill it up, its also still Energy intensive Lowering its range. It can produce tanks though. Persistent (Duh)
Standard gen 2 carrier
Smaller and cheaper than the original gen 1s, these carriers lack the capacity to rez in dedicated large scale military vehicles like tanks and recognizers. But can store a large number of tanks and recognizers, about the same or slightly less than the original gen 1s. It can manufacture batons and energy charges however, making it a useful asset. National production effort, this is a new mechanic, in effect, you get X new ones per turn, currently one, up to a sort of maintenance limit, in this case 10, this is due to the incredible amount of time and effort necessary to produce them, and their relatively low maintenance costs in comparison. You can increase either the maintenance limit and the production rate through designs, though this will be an extensive and lengthy process. Each of these can carry 10 type 1 missiles, for long range attack, and 100 type 0 missiles. Also persistent
My Power armor arms race

DaLintyGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2019, 07:22:23 pm »

Quote from: Votes Be Here
Crane Engineering Vehicle: 1

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2019, 01:40:30 am »

Quote from: Votes Be Here
Crane Engineering Vehicle: (2) DaLintyGuy, Rockeater
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.
Pages: [1] 2 3