Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Just a Town IC: Kobold Attack!  (Read 1897 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Just a Town IC: Kobold Attack!
« on: April 07, 2019, 04:42:47 pm »

Welcome to... some town.

OOC Thread
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 02:59:35 pm by roseheart »
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Just a Town IC
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 11:07:15 pm »

Good morn,

You know me! I am the tax collector for all church, guild and peasant property. I collect taxes every Sunday, and non-payers will soon find themselves on my debtor lists. This is all, of course, for the good of the town, for I make sure every taxed coin is used for a worthy cause. Taxes are a small price to pay for the good of the town.

However, tax exemptions are possible for property owner on hard times. Just fill out this short form and deliver it to my office. Otherwise, you may must borrow and pay back later.

I look forward to meeting you all.

((Edited to be more IC. Will define tax rates, interests rates, etc. later))
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 11:55:44 am by Pavellius »

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 01:30:14 am »

Roused from his sleep by a loud knocking, a tall man with short hair and brown robes stumbles out of his cabin, hopping awkwardly as he reaches to pull up his boots.
"Can you describe her symptoms?" Maple asks, locking the door. After a short exchange, Maple stops following the other man.
"Your baby is a cow?!?" Maple exclaims in surprise, returning to the cabin and grabbing his veterinary equipment and a jar of powder.
"I'm ready let's go."  8)

Doctor Maple lives in a log cabin near a creek on the southeast edge of town. His background is herbalism, and he treats the sick and the injured free of charge!

"Give me your fallen, your sneezing, your coughing masses yearning to breathe free."
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 11:42:46 am »

Good morn,

You know me! I am the tax collector for all church, guild and peasant property. Therefore, everytime such a property owner posts, they must pay me 1 copper coin. If they can't pay, they owe me 1 copper coin. All debt is subject to 100% interest compounded weekly on 9pm Sunday PST.

Every property owner has the right to apply for temporary tax exemption. Just fill out this short form and email it to me (pavlov dot hickman at gmail dot com). Alternatively, just pay your taxes.

Spoiler: Debt Counter (click to show/hide)

Only in Bay12 can you play a game where you can avoid getting taxed by another player via filling out a legal tax exemption form which asks for a form of legal identification just to avoid losing 1 copper coin each post.
it's over

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 01:19:50 pm »

Taxman Fodge waits patiently outside of Maple's cabin for the doctor to return. He wants to record the number of rooms in his house and the acres of his land, so that he can inform him of his tax burden for this coming Sunday.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 04:27:20 pm »

Hunlif is a Dwarf who keeps some animals and grows some vegetables at the edge of Town, in a stone hut buried in earth and grass. He sends most of his produce back to his Clan fortress as tribute under Dwafven law, but lives here at the behest of Human law as well. He occasionally goes hunting, but mostly keeps to herding his sheep. He respects his own customs and laws, but doesn’t entirely respect the local Human ones.
Today, Hunlif is going into Toen to sell some Sheep cheese and eggs, as well as carve some choice words in the ancient and very secret Dwarven script on the door of the Tax collecter.
Cheese! Eggs! 5 copper for a dozen eggs and 10 for a slice of cheese! ‘Tis good stuff, home made by yours truly and aged in my own house!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 04:33:05 pm by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2019, 06:08:45 pm »

Hullo Dwarf!

Thank you for your ancient blessing! I admire dwarvishly crafted hut as well. How many rooms is that again? And the acreage of the land in which it stands?

Thanks for your cooperation!

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2019, 06:39:47 pm »

Maple pays his taxes and buys several pounds of goat cheese and veggies. If only he had some fresh bread to go with it...

"Do you have any milk for sale?" Maple asks Hunlif.

The_Saladman

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here to eat plant piss beer and shit out seeds
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2019, 08:00:37 pm »

Salade (pronounced Sala-day.) has just moved into town and waits outside the tax building to make a good impression with the authorities and pay any taxes to him.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2019, 08:52:05 pm »

"Nice to meet you,  Maple and Salade! Despite your eagerness, today is not tax day. But just for my curiosity, where do you two live? I would love to come a sample your hospitality and update my records.

Speaking of records, you both may be eligible for a tax exemption. After filling our the proper forms, of course!

Oh well, see you later!"

The_Saladman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2019, 09:21:30 pm »

"I actually haven't found a place in town to live in, I've just checked in at the inn while looking for a new home!"

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2019, 12:48:09 am »

Maple gives directions to his cabin and politely declines all the paperwork.
"Come by if you need medical treatment or medicine. I'll even teach you a magic charm to scare away demons! There's this stuff called soap..." ((Maple prattles on about the exorcising powers of soap, and makes a mental note of buying animal brains from Hunlif.))

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2019, 02:20:35 am »

I don’t have any milk left today, but I do have a bit of bread lying around
Hunlif rummages around in his bags for a minute before producing a warm loaf of bread.
This is good sourdough stuff here, so that’ll make it... around... 15 copper. I’m generous. It makes very nice toast, too.

Hunlif has a three-room dugout stone hut. Two of them are dedicated to his own living, and the third (The largest) is a storage chamber for produce and livestock. He has three acres a little distance from the house dedicated to potatoes, apple trees, rye, oats, carrots, and turnips. He keeps around a sixth of the potatoes and sends the rest back to his Clan-home. He doesn’t buy any food from other people, as he produces most of his wares himself, though he sends most back to the Mountainhomes, as he produces enough food in total for around a dozen people, himself not included. He has lived here, working the land, for quite a long time, and it’s only a few hours walk up into the mountains to his home.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

The_Saladman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2019, 03:06:27 am »

I'll probably look for a new home tomorrow...

After a round of drink, Salade comes back to his small room at the inn. It is your average ordinary inn room. On the nightstand is a small figure, from far away it looks like a piece of navy fluff but on closer inspection, it is a piece of fluff with arms and legs wielding a pickaxe. Salade calls this figure his "Lucky fluff". At the end of the bed is 2 trunks filled with personal items and even furniture. He's a competent cook but relies on the tavern for his meals until Salade gets a new home.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2019, 01:32:29 pm »

As he hawks his wares, Hunlif asks the Tax collector as he passes by to come to his house later, and have a bite to eat.
Come around whenever I’m inside, you’ve reminded me of an old tale about Tax collectors...
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Pages: [1] 2