Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Just a Town OOC  (Read 2517 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Just a Town OOC
« on: April 07, 2019, 01:44:21 pm »

Hello fair folk. My name is Rosewood. I am a wizard.

I hear you would like to make this town a borough. While there is no ruler in this land, I have come to help you create your own charter to set up your basic rights and responsibilities to help you transform from a smattering of peasants, to an organized, safer, and prosperous lordship. Do not be concerned I wish to deceive or rule you, no. You will establish your own guilds and hold elections. Perhaps some day you may have a kingdom and expand to other lands. It is a good thing, to dream. it is the magic any peasant can cast, but it takes practice.

About:
This is a special game that is a medieval fantasy simulator. The simulation begins with nothing more than roleplaying. There are no basic gameplay mechanics, but this can quickly change. Past incarnations have created day night cycles, currency, exploration, combat, and much much more. Guilds will form around an aspect of gameplay expansion and upkeep. A player can join multiple guilds, and generally the more responsibility you take on, the wealthier and/or more powerful you become. This can serve as a light exercise to practice game hosting in a controlled environment with help, or more, or less. Though everyone will need to pull their own weight somehow. Different guilds can cooperate on similar pursuits. All it takes is someone to declare themselves a Guildmaster to form a new guild. They then create a thread and players can discuss that aspect of gameplay. Guildmembers can be promoted and assigned aspects of these responsibilities, and elect their leader. Then the guildmasters can elect the Lord to help regulate the guilds and overall game.

Sound like fun?

IC Thread

Guilds:
Just a Town's First Official Currency Guild

Citizens:
Charter Adviser Rosewood (roseheart)
Guildmaster Fodge (Pavellius)
Maple (FakerFangirl)
Hunlif (Imic)
Salade (The_Saladman)
Fenrir (TheRedwolf)

When you join, choose a fantasy name, bonus points if it kinda sounds like your username.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 06:37:41 pm by roseheart »
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Just a Town OOC
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 02:00:59 pm »

Didn't we try this previously?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 02:22:58 pm »

Which? Three Kingdoms(2018)? Mediva(2017)? Bay 12 Inn(2016)? Astronomicon(2015)? Western Diaries(2015)? Ratmen vs Castle Guards(2015)? Majesty Returns(2015)? Majesty Advance(2015)? (One of my older attempts offsite?)

The answer is probably, yes.
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 02:41:14 pm »

I am intrigued.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2019, 02:51:44 pm »

Yeah, Three Kingdoms was the one I was thinking of.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2019, 04:35:11 pm »

As I learned from Power Rangers, we are most powerful when we come together.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 07:00:56 pm »

PTW. Maybe interested. Not sure about details. May PM some friends on 12Bay I know are good players for this.

Might be neat.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 07:05:26 pm by Robot Parade Leader »

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2019, 01:33:41 am »

I propose free healthcare!
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2019, 11:44:12 am »

I propose zero government or taxes! Why shouldn't we run an ancap society via a forum game?
it's over

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2019, 01:09:18 pm »

I won't be taxing people just for posting since that's not fitting for an RP thread. Instead, I'll collect based on property every real-world Sunday (until we develop our own time system). My taxes are based on a monetary system that technically hasn't been invented yet, so until that's created I suppose people can just make up how much money they have. My following tax rates describe "copper pieces," but that's just a general term for the lowest denomination.

1 copper piece per acre of land the person owes, rounded to the nearest acre
1 copper piece per week for every room of every building the person owns.

On Monday, unpaid taxes become debts and previous unpaid debts are charged 25% interest (compound).

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2019, 01:12:11 pm »

Well, it seems currency would need to come beforehand. So you've appointed yourself as guildmaster of that. Make a topic to open up discussion on how it should be implemented.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2019, 02:03:15 pm »

Well, it seems currency would need to come beforehand. So you've appointed yourself as guildmaster of that. Make a topic to open up discussion on how it should be implemented.
Done. What are your thoughts?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2019, 04:18:34 pm »

I think I shall join in with this.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2019, 04:56:40 pm »

Maple, how about you start a herbology guild. And study what plants are poisonous, and other ailments and minor afflictions might exist in the area.

I think I shall join in with this.

Cartography Guild, go.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2019, 05:00:19 pm »

Cartography Guild, go.
Urge resistment intensifies
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: [1] 2