Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 58

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 6re: IC Thread!  (Read 45472 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 6re: IC Thread!
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2019, 08:52:53 am »

Brunhilde had been following quietly, grappling with the puzzle presented in front of them, as well as dealing with how to treat her companion now that the rush of battle had worn off. It had been easy to be bold then, ordering him to move. But now...

"Y-yes captain. There are reported sightings of men wearing cloaks with some sort of sigil on them. A black cat on an orange background. Not one that any of us recognized, and I would expect Siegfried or I to recognize any Reich emblem. That being said, the man seemed to think that they were agents of the Reich. I think it's clear that there is some sort of conspiracy to blame attacks on the Reich, to sow unrest probably. We... We may be looking at a full on rebellion. S-sir."

She'd had confidence but it had started to fail her at the end as the magnitude of what she was saying really hit her. What had they gotten themselves into? This was more than a few villages complaining about occupation. This seemed like a full on in-depth plot to turn the whole country against the Reich...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2019, 09:15:22 am »

The Captain rubbed his chin thoughtfully.

"I don't recognize that crest either, and I've read on politics of Overseasland before journeying here. Very strange."

"I would be wary of the word 'rebellion', but conspiracy does suit this, given current evidence. We should report to Governor Peritz immediately. Are you all ready to go?"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2019, 11:42:15 am »

"I believe so, Captain." A conspiracy that wanted to implicate Reich soldiers, and was willing to throw away the lives of innocent townsfolk to do it. . . what could they want?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2019, 12:48:44 pm »

"Let's go, then."

~~Chapter 1: Right Under Their Noses~~

It took few hours to return to Blumhart; on the way there, a heavily armed patrol of Reich militia was notified what has happened in Abado, and its commander promised to help the villagers.

By the time Captain Astleich finished his report on Abado, the afternoon sky turned from blue to orange...

The Governor leaned into his chair, letting out a loud, unhappy sigh.

"I see... this is very troubling."

"Which brings me to one thing we weren't able to discern - the owners of that strange coat of arms. It can't be from the Mainland."

"No wonder. That is the crest of Bonefaz family... or what's left of it."

"Apologies, Governor, but that name eludes me..."

"They've sided with the Reich early in the century, supported Queen Helra the Second during the war, and then served alongside Reich troops when we've invaded the archipelago. The respect and riches they've earned didn't help when their family bled out, their sons and fathers dying in combat, and their daughters marrying into lesser families."

"They have little power or prestige nowadays... no doubt, they felt that working for the Reich ultimately wasn't worth the price. If I'm not mistaken, the head of the family, Archibald Bonefaz, is the current Magister of the Goveron University."

"Goveron University... wait, isn't that near Blumhart?"

"Aye, a few hours' walk from the western gate. Youngsters from all of the Overseasland study all kinds of magic, alchemy, necromancy and engineering at Goveron, with proper Reich education included, of course. Lots of them become employed in Reich manufactories and Army corps, too."

"Students and teachers at the facility would have connections with many important people in the Reich industry and military, then. Wouldn't be that hard to obtain Reich weapons and other items from them this way, and use them in an attack like Abado, which means-"

"Now, that is a possibility, yes... but we have no evidence beyond two Reichsabers and a say from a grumpy old man."

"For the sake of the investigation, and the security of the Reich, I ask you that you allow us to go and question Sir Bonefaz about this." The Governor looked at the coded papers, stroking his beard.

"No..."

"What?? But Governor-"

"Please let me finish first." The Governor placed the papers at his desk. "Shortly before you've returned from Abado, my own agents have brought me some disturbing information. The Catacombs in Blumhart are being used as a workshop by some criminals. Various items are made there, and shipped out by nightly couriers into the dark alleys of the city."

"I see. But do they have anything to do with Bonefaz?"

"I do not know that." The Captain blinked at Governor's words.

"I was going to send my agents to investigate, but I believe they are better at analysis and paperwork. If I pass these coded documents to them, we should have a translation, at least partial, in few hours' time."

"Few hours... Ah. You want us to check on the catacombs in the meantime, correct?" The Governor chuckled.

"You're perceptive, Captain. My men have lived in the city for years. Your group, on the other hand, has been around here for less than a day. You have the advantage of being unknown to the locals." Governor Peritz took a small bell from his desk's drawer and rang it twice.

A guard peeked inside the study.

"Bring miss Altha Entlern here. I have an assignment for her." Once the door was closed, the Governor continued.

"One of my agents, Altha Entlern, is a relative newcomer, but she has scholarly knowledge about weapons, medicine and other items manufacted by and for Reich Army. She could be helpful in investigating the secret workshop. Plus, if our enemies already sent that many men to assault a tiny hamlet, your group needs more hands to combat their numbers effectively."

The Captain considered this for a while, nodding in agreement after a short while.

"Agreed."

"If the workshop turns out to be supplying Reich weapons for Bonefaz's men, it will be a  proof of that family's involvement." There came knocking on the door.

"Enter!" The door opened, and the guard sent to fetch Altha peeked his head inside again.

"Governor, Miss Entlern is here.

"Let her in then."

//Altha Entlern is in~!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 01:00:05 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2019, 01:31:41 pm »

"Did you get any information on what the criminals are actually making in the catacombs?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2019, 02:10:57 pm »

"No, but my agents reported that lots of alchemical ingredients have been brought in recently."
SigFlags!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2019, 03:37:52 pm »

Altha slowly shuffled into the meeting room, clearly not the most enthused to be here. She stood there for a moment as if waiting for somebody to say something before finally giving a salute to the Governer.

"...You called for me? Sir."
It's FEF, not FEOF

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2019, 03:51:51 pm »

"Yes, miss Entlern. This is Captain Astleich, and his team of investigators sent by the Reich Senate." The Captain nodded towards Altha in a greeting.

"There's a workshop run by criminals in Catacombs of Blumhart. Said workshop might be supplying our enemies with Reich weapons and accessories. You will help Captain Astleich with their identification."

"We already have supplies and medicine to deal with any problem that might arise, including fighting. If you're ready, Miss Entlern, I would like to leave immediately."
SigFlags!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2019, 03:57:05 pm »

Altha looked over at the investigators, and after staring at them with a look of half inquisitiveness and half annoyance gave a slight nod of acknowledgement. She turned back to the governer and replied.

"I may need... No, nevermind. I will leave when needed. Sir." she said uncomfortably.

She absentmindedly pulled on one of her hair ties as she spoke.
It's FEF, not FEOF

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2019, 04:58:54 pm »

Their new companion seemed... somewhat unenthusiastic. Niels wasn't particularly excited, as an airborne light cavalryman, to go into cramped underground quarters either, truth be told, so he supposed it was understandable.
"... Niels Eisenmarke, Drachenreiter. Pleased to make your acquaintance."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2019, 12:21:33 pm »

"Altha Etlern. I hope I can at least assume that you all know what you're doing. Correct?"
It's FEF, not FEOF

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2019, 12:12:34 pm »

"Siegfried Jubastacheit. And. . . yes, I believe so." He supposed he'd just have to prove his competence to the woman in the field. Truth be told, he wasn't the most suited for unwinding a plot like this, but he was confident in his ability to keep the ones that were better at it alive and whole.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2019, 12:59:49 pm »

The new girl seemed... Interesting, but if she was told to work with her, she would work with her. More importantly, it seemed like they had a good lead to look into.

"My name is Brunhilde Saden, but you may call me Brun if you want. Always good to have more people working with us. Do you have any questions about us? Since we're going to be working together, it can't hurt to know a bit more about each other."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2019, 01:33:15 pm »

Captain Astleich nodded.

"Then we're all set. Oh, and Niels?" The Captain turned to the wyvern rider.

"We're going underground, into what I assume will be a maze of tight and shallow corridors. Unfortunately, you will have to leave your wyvern behind."
SigFlags!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2019, 01:45:14 pm »

"Urgh. That's true."
"Fighting dismounted is hardly my speciality, never mind in tunnels."
"Think they'd come outside if we asked nicely?" he added sardonically.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 58