Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 58

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 6re: IC Thread!  (Read 45529 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 6re: IC Thread!
« Reply #570 on: September 15, 2019, 04:30:08 pm »

"Well, regardless, we should meet up with the Captain now. It's about that time, I believe."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 19, 2019, 10:57:33 am »

: "Fair enough."
Jann heads back to find the Captain.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 19, 2019, 01:09:01 pm »

And the Captain was found after wandering that seemed to take days.

"Ah, there you are. Siegfried, have you found anything to aid our investigation?"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #573 on: September 19, 2019, 05:34:27 pm »

"We bought supplies, and discovered that I evidently bear resemblance to a Senator's son that has recently arrived here."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 22, 2019, 02:09:30 am »

"Hmm, is that all, then?" The Captain looked at the rest.

"Lord Bonefaz is going to see us, so unless there's something else to add, we should be going."
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 22, 2019, 09:43:15 am »

"I see."

The Captain led the group back to the main hall. The sergeant who waited for them scoffed.

"Took you a while. Lazy bunch, I presume?"

"You presume wrongly. Please lead us to Lord Bonefaz." The green-haired man grimaced and then led the investigators up the nearby staircase.

Then, they've left the public halls; through two corridors, three floors, and four staircases, they were passed by only few errant University militiamen, who gave the group a stinky eye, and some faculty assistants, who were more preoccupied with their notebooks and tomes than the visitors.

Finally, after reaching the top floor, the Sergeant stopped the group in front of a small, ornately decorated door. The entire floor was silent, the doors to various studies and offices closed.

Sergeant Bonefaz opened the door and the investigators finally entered the office of Magister Archibald Bonefaz. The shelves full of ledgers and scrolls lined the walls leading from the door to the desk. The tall, black chair was rather spooky looking, and definitely too large for the greying man sitting at it...

"Uncle, I've brought our guests."

Lord Bonefaz steepled his fingers while Captain Astleich moved closer to the desk.

"Greetings, Magister. I'm Captain Richard Astleich of the Reich Army. These are my subordinates." The Magister stood up, visibly angry.

"I've been told that you've been assaulted! And that I'm apparently harboring rebellious elements within my University's walls!"

"The latter is only speculation based on current evidence we have. If you are innocent, then you have nothing to worry about. However, I, just like Governor Peritz, believe that someone in the higher echelons of the faculty must be connected to the rebels, if it isn't you."

"Hmph! Preposterous, I say! To claim that our University, a chief producer of Reich weapons and provider of education for native youths in this land, would be accused of treason! If this is a mockery of my name, or the name of this Univeristy, I shall have you fired!"

"Is that so-"

"You better remember! Presence of Miss Peritz here gives you no immunity!" He glared at Shaelynn. "Just like the Governor, I too have friends in higher places!"
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 09:49:12 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 22, 2019, 09:48:47 am »

Shaelynn bristled visibly, and her tone was venomous. "You may hold fast to your offense, sir, as you ride the coattails of your superiors. But citizens of the Reich lay dead, and in their names this investigation will go forward. This facility is not so prestigious to be above suspicion."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 22, 2019, 10:03:16 am »

"Impudent girl! You may speak like that to your runaway suitors, but not me!"

"Magister!" The old man turned to glare at Captain Astleich instead. "I want to meet with the members of the faculty. We shall question them. Can you arrange for the leading professors of the Univeristy to assemble-"

"No! It is the students' salesday. The faculty is busy!"

"My subordinates told me that, yes. However, its mostly for the outsiders, so for such a prestigious facility like this, it cannot go far into the evening. I will assume that my the time of evening meal, all important personas will be free to speak with us." Magister Bonefaz glared, but said nothing.

"Is four hours from now acceptable?"

"No!.. You may meet with my professors in six. Siegfried!"

"Yes?"

"Inform all sixteen professors that there will be a meeting in the secondary dining hall when the sun sets. First, however, take our guests there. I'm sure they will welcome a little sitting after all this walking they've had to do."

"As you wish."

"However..." The Captain stopped the Sergeant for a moment. "Magister Bonefaz, my subordinates also have questions for you, I wager." Captain Astleich turned to look at Siegfried and others.
SigFlags!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 25, 2019, 09:52:20 am »

Nobody said anything.

"Hmph! Reich soldiers, afraid to speak up? Quite some subordinates you have!" Captain Astleich looked at this trio of investigators, deeply dissappointed.

"...We will take our leave, then." The Captain turned to his group. "Let's go."

Few minutes later, the entire team, Captain, Shaelynn, and all, were placed in a rather small dining room. A guard was posted at the door, instructed by Siegfried Bonefaz, to cater to the group's need.

"..." The Captain sat down at the end of the table closest to the window, and decided to read through some of his files in his ledger.
SigFlags!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 25, 2019, 10:07:04 am »

Shaelynn took a seat in huff, primly keeping her clenched, shaking fists in her lap. "The nerve of him. The arrogance! To think that he is above scrutiny is apalling."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 25, 2019, 10:15:38 am »

Brun slunk into the room behind the captain, eyes on the floor, cheeks red with embarrassment. What kind of soldier couldn't ask questions of a suspect? What kind of noble was scared of speaking up? It wasn't like she was shy all of the time. Just when put in the spotlight. Or when she was around people of power. She had to be better. Somehow. Somehow...

Her train of thought was cut short by Shae starting in on the Magister. She winced, knowing that the chances of them not being listened in on were about zero. Making her way over to Shae, she quickly grabbed one of her hands and looked at her pleadingly.

"Hey, it's ok. Just... Breathe. If we're going to talk, we should do so quietly. We know for sure there's one guard listening in. It's entirely possible there are more ways to listen in than at the door too. Better to be cautious here. Especially since he's already alerted to us being suspicious. We need to be focused. Please..."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 25, 2019, 11:30:52 am »

Shaelynn grit her teeth, and took in a deep breath, holding it for longer than she probably needed to before releasing it. "You are right, of course. I must control my temper."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 25, 2019, 12:33:52 pm »

A quick squeeze of Shae's hand and a smile showed Brun's relief and gratitude that she calmed down. She didn't let go of her hand though, instead weaving her fingers through Shae's now that she had relaxed a little.

"Well control is good, just as long as you're not completely getting rid of your temper. This guy deserves to have someone pissed at him I'm pretty sure. Just, quietly. Anger can be a good thing, you know. Powerful emotions are important. We just need to know the best way to unleash them."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 25, 2019, 12:49:44 pm »

Shaelynn was more than a little surprised when Brunhilde interlaced their fingers, holding her hand in a rather more... Intimate way than she would have been truly comfortable with. But she was careful not to draw away. "If there are rats swarming about his feet, as we suspect, I shall see him reprimanded, if not stripped of his post. Some humility would not go amiss, to be sure."
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 58