Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 58

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 6re: IC Thread!  (Read 45520 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 6re: IC Thread!
« Reply #510 on: August 21, 2019, 04:30:45 pm »

Shaelynn moved closer to get a better look at the statue while the group waited around. "Ah, another rendition of Overseasland leadership before the Reich. How marvelous." Thinking about what had happened with the last example she had seen, Shaelynn's expression darkened.

"I simply must make sure the statue to the Empress is restored with care."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 21, 2019, 04:38:45 pm »

Jann grunts as the Captain and Shaelynn makes their observations of the statue.
: "...Not exactly the brightest of times, going by the stories..."
He glances over to Shaelynn.
: "Though, restoring Empress Grifen's statue would be appreciated. Helps keep memories of better times alive."
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 04:47:23 pm by CrimsonEon »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 21, 2019, 04:58:03 pm »

"As well as preserving the long and storied history of the Overseasland! It would be such a shame were that knowledge to be lost to time. The tales of the deeds of Empress Grifen in particular were great favorites of mine when I was growing up. I am absolutely mortified that her likeness could be defaced."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 21, 2019, 05:29:01 pm »

Niels glanced about as the broken statue from before continued to be brought up. His eyes flicked between the people around them.
"..."
"... real shame, yeah."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 21, 2019, 07:46:33 pm »

Jann's expression quickly turns perplexed.
: "...I didn't think that Troian history was still being taught in Blumhart."
His brow flexed as he seemed to make a realization.
: "Peritz... How did I not piece that together earlier, the Governor-General. You must be his daughter."
: "I suppose that explains the notoriety, and an angle at why you'd know about Empress Grifen."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 21, 2019, 07:56:50 pm »

Jann's placement of her family name caused a brief glimmer of worry in Shaelynn's heart. Hopefully the hunter hadn't heard too many rumors about her. "Ah. Yes. I am the daughter of Claus Peritz. My mother's family has always lived here in the Overseasland, and she has sought to ensure that I understand where I come from with regard to each side of my family."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 21, 2019, 08:12:26 pm »

: "Suppose it's to be commended that she didn't decide to throw her family's past away, like others who turned coat."
The hunter crosses his arms.
: "...Shrewd to try and keep the next generation up to speed on the people they're supposed to govern, given how things have been going."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 21, 2019, 08:41:43 pm »

Shaelynn was quiet for a moment, choosing not to rise to the label of turncoat being applied to her Mother's family. It was, after all, true from the perspective of those loyal to the old government of the Overseasland. Still, an uncharitable phrasing, though how it irked her did not appear on Shaelynn's face. "...It is the duty of the nobility to understand their subjects and to govern them with care and mindfulness. My father takes great pride in such, and insofar as the scope of my responsibilities afford me the opportunity to do so, so shall I."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 21, 2019, 09:18:27 pm »

Jann's ear perked, alert to the shift in tone, as his eyes glanced over to the Captain. His next words were spoken a bit lighter, though only somewhat, than the biting undertone it had earlier.
: "...Well, it's not my business to go talking about a noble's duty. I just hope that kind of pride can end up bridging the divide you'll be staring down."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 21, 2019, 09:36:19 pm »

Brun casually cut in on the conversation between Shae and Jann, grinning at them both.

"Come on now, no need to be all heavy here. We'll have plenty of heavy in our future. Shae, you'll be fine. You clearly care about the people here in, what were you calling it Jann, the Troian Empire? I don't think I've ever heard that name, is that what you call your land? I'm going to have to talk to you more about some of the history of your country. But, no, I had a point. Uhm..."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 21, 2019, 09:43:55 pm »

"The Troian Empire was the name of the Overseasland territory before it was annexed by the Reich following the breakdown of diplomatic ties between it and the Reich. Several unfortunate happenstances followed after loans from the Reich, taken in order to feed their people following a strange magical plague, went unpaid, and the situation worsened to the point that the Reich invaded and defeated the Overseaslanders. Such are the fortunes of war."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 21, 2019, 09:47:29 pm »

Jann scratched his head, somewhat frustrated, yet simultaneously relieved someone else cut the tension better than he could.
: "...Right, I guess it's natural to assume not many of you are from around here. Yes, the Troian Empire. Miss Peritz covered the relevant parts for now."
His gaze turned over to Brunhilde, somewhat wary.
: "You were using-..." he pauses with slight hesitation,  "-...magic, earlier. Brunhilde, right? Are you one of the Reich's Geomancers?"
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 09:53:08 pm by CrimsonEon »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 21, 2019, 09:55:01 pm »

Now that Shae talked about all of this, it did sound familiar. Just not the name...

"Ah, yes, that story is something that I was taught, but I can't recall ever being taught any name but Overseasland. I'll have to remember that name instead of Overseasland. It sounds like it would be better to call it that with the native people here."

And now Jann had a question for her. Well, fair was fair.

"Me, a geomancer? No, you'll want Altha for that. I'm technically a part of the Necromancer division, though I did start out as a foot soldier. But injury left me unable to hold a lance, so I pursued my talent in dark magic instead. Why, did you need the services of a geomancer for something?"

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 21, 2019, 10:09:33 pm »

Jann's expression somewhat lightened when Brunhilde speculated the proper way to address his country. And then immediately returned to its usual glower after the explanation of her profession.
: "...Hm. I wasn't aware the Reich trained in magic other than Geomancy. I've worked with teams of them before. Helped them clear out the... well, problems surrounding my home village."
The hunter hesitated further, glancing back at the statue of Emperor Matias instead of looking at Brunhilde directly.
: "...I suppose it's a boon to have found some way to get around that kind of tragedy."
His left hand, covered in claw marks, flexes.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 58