Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 58

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 6re: IC Thread!  (Read 45518 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 6re: IC Thread!
« Reply #480 on: August 08, 2019, 06:33:46 pm »

"Nothing, in fact. I had never even seen him before... That." He knew what she was referring to. How could he not? "I never did receive an answer from him. I suppose it makes little difference."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 08, 2019, 06:46:39 pm »

"Sometimes no answer is the clearest answer of all, eh?"
The lanky wyvern rider scratched his chin thoughtfully.
"Well, he sure wouldn't be the first person to get cold feet at the notion of marriage to a stranger. Only natural to be nervous at the prospect, right? "
"What if we don't get along? What if she hates me, or finds me unbearable? He'd have to still spend the rest of his life with you, bearing his family's expectations."
"Hell, maybe he never wanted to get married in the first place, no matter who it was to, but his family was demanding it. He saw an escape and went for it. "
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 08, 2019, 06:56:26 pm »

Shaelynn scoffed, and stood a little straighter. "The nobility do not have the luxury to entertain such fears, even for marriage. Such an escape is the height of selfishness. The nobility are bred and carefully groomed to administrate the common people. That he threw that careful preparation away, whatever his reasons..." Shaelynn realized her hands had balled into fists, and she carefully relaxed them. She took a deep breath. "I can not imagine that I would be satisfied with any answer I could be given."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 09, 2019, 06:08:22 pm »

"Bred for it, huh? Sounds more like the wyverns back at the ranch."
"Nobles have more opportunity for education, I'll grant you that. But I've met smart nobles and stupid ones, who only got their rank by buying it rather than earning it through valour."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 09, 2019, 06:16:04 pm »

"It is true that the peerage is not peerless. Regardless." Shaelynn crossed her arms across her chest. "Those of us who truly understand the nature of our position have a duty to carry it out. The peasantry serve the nobility through their taxes and service, and we in turn must serve them by securing the peace through diplomacy and properly leading them to prosperity. To reap the fruits of the labors of the masses and not provide for them in return by casting aside one's nobility is a shameful waste. Houses that waste the work of those who serve them seldom last."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 09, 2019, 11:24:46 pm »

It seemed like Sieg had the whole searching the dead bodies thing under control, so Brun walked over to their new companion and smiled at him.

"So, I don't think I ever got your name in all the commotion. As I said then, my name is Brunhilde, but you can call me Brun. You fought well, thank you for helping us."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 10, 2019, 06:19:11 am »

Siegfried, being dutiful and responsible, found exactly zilch. The assailants had no documents, no letters, and no supplies on them. Not even food.

"Then I ask you that you lead us there when my subordinates are done with searching the bodies. Speaking of." He turned towards Niels.

"Found anything?"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 10, 2019, 09:30:42 am »

The young man sighs, but ultimately nods at the captain's request.
: "Fine, if only to make sure there are no unanswered questions."
He turns at Brunhilde when she addresses him.
: "...It's Jann. I suppose it's all well and good that none of you were badly injured."
The axeman, Jann, turns briefly to look at the statue again before realizing something and turning back.
: "Right, and sorry for nearly knocking you over earlier."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #488 on: August 10, 2019, 11:23:57 am »

"Absolutely nothing, Captain," Siegfried said ruefully, unaware of the conversation going on nearby. "I would guess that nobody trusted thugs like these with sensitive documents."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 10, 2019, 12:25:49 pm »

Jann then. That was an easy name to remember, and it seemed like he was starting to be slightly more friendly to them.

"Ah, no worries. You were a bit busy trying to get away from people trying to murder you. I can understand why it happened."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 12, 2019, 03:50:43 pm »

Having done absolutely nothing to search the corpses for information, the drachenreiter shrugged.
"Not found a thing, Captain."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 19, 2019, 02:18:04 pm »

"Very peculiar..." The Captain, after a lengthy period of thinking, shook his head.

"Please lead the way to the encampment, Mister Jann."
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 19, 2019, 02:22:16 pm »

After spending a couple moments inspecting the area in front of the statue- rearranging a couple items that were shifted about in the battle- the axeman grunts as he straightens up.
: "All right."
He starts to move southward, in the direction that he had originally been fleeing from.
: "This way."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 19, 2019, 02:25:10 pm »

The group moved to the encampment, and nobody stalked or attacked them...

...but after just brief perusal of the site, it was evident that no supplies, belongings or even documents were here. It was just an extinguished fireplace, few marsh mellows on a stick, and a full jug of water tossed into the bushes.

The Captain frowned, and was definitely not amused at this 'evidence' they've found. He said nothing, however.
SigFlags!

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 19, 2019, 02:28:41 pm »

The axeman crossed his arms, face creased.
: "They cleaned up quick, for how quick they were to chase someone wandering nearby."
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 58