Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 58

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 6re: IC Thread!  (Read 45500 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 6re: IC Thread!
« Reply #300 on: June 08, 2019, 04:03:57 pm »

"Well, I'd love to talk, but it's nice to have a starting point, isn't it?" Simona said. "So if there's anything specific, maybe that'd help to get it going."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 08, 2019, 04:16:49 pm »

Brun frowned and shook her head.

"I don't see why any of that has anything to do with right now. You lost your temper but you clearly have a history there that's left you hurting. The shock of seeing him would have triggered an angry response in any person. Still, perhaps I should talk about myself some instead of expecting you to talk about yourself. I'm the second daughter of the Saden family, back in Gevian. I originally joined the military to fight on the front lines but... Well, there were some shifts in my priorities and instead I trained my magic up. I have an older sister and brother... And I had a pet dog in my childhood! How about you? Any siblings or pets?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #302 on: June 08, 2019, 04:28:03 pm »

Siegfried stood up wearily and very nearly shrugged before replying to Altha.
"Weapons, I suppose. They will take less time than tomes."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 08, 2019, 05:04:19 pm »

"I have an older brother. His name is Kristofor. He is currently serving as an officer, but I do not know where precisely. He is extremely talented with a lance as well." Shaelynn hadn't gotten the chance to see her brother in quite some time, and the thought left her feeling wistful.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 08, 2019, 05:15:21 pm »

"As good a place to start as any."

"Well... no siblings, to start. Kinda wish I did have them, it would've made things easier. I met Shaelynn a year or two back when I signed on with her family. Turns out, knowing how to clean, use a staff, and use a knife are excellent qualifications to be a maid - who knew?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 08, 2019, 05:39:39 pm »

"Ah, so you're as much a bodyguard as you are a maid then? Interesting... And Kristofor sounds like a good older brother. I'm sure he's far better with a lance than I ever was."

She chuckled.

"Still, it must be hard to be away from him. When was the last time you saw him?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 08, 2019, 05:44:51 pm »

"In two months time it will have been a year since he had last been home. And he has always supported me in all my efforts. I am quite fortunate to have such a wonderful brother."

"You mentioned that you employ magic? What style do you work with?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 08, 2019, 05:51:13 pm »

Brun smiled. This was good. Not only was Shae opening up, but she was focusing on other things, cheering up, at least a little.

"Well, I'm sure he's proud of you then. Especially as you're joining us to help protect your people. And ah, I use dark magic. I focus in necromancy, but I can use all sorts of dark magics."

As a demonstration, she extended a hand and generated a pool of dark energy in her hand, letting it crackle for a few seconds before dismissing it.

"And yourself? I mean, clearly light magic, but any other types? Or do you have a specific focus in the different schools of light magic?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 08, 2019, 06:02:47 pm »

"I can't say I've seen that much dark magic these days. That's kinda impressive, although I'll be sticking to the staff myself."
Sigtext!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 08, 2019, 06:15:31 pm »

"Light magic is the only school I was able to make any significant progress with. I had no success with any form of anima, and mother and father had no luck in finding a tutor capable of dark magic."
"My mother is a native to the Overseasland. She told me that Dark magic was once actually illegal on these shores for a very, very long time. Even now, it is not particularly common, though it is at least possible to obtain the relevant texts."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 08, 2019, 06:44:11 pm »

Brun blushed slightly at the compliment.

"Ah, well, thank you. I know it's not the most common battle style in the world, but it's what suits me now."

And then a history lesson on magic, something Brun was always interested in.

"Illegal, really? Interesting... I suppose that makes sense on some level. So many people view it as an 'evil' magic, because of the abilities it has to afflict ailments and interact with those who have passed. But I've always believed that magic itself cannot be good or evil. Instead it is those who use it that determine if the results are good or evil."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 08, 2019, 07:15:00 pm »

"This way then..." she said as she got up, and waved for the other two to follow her.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 08, 2019, 08:01:06 pm »

Shae nodded. Naturally, it was the wielder who determined the nature of a weapon, be it sword or spell. The conversation lulled momentarily before Shae asked a question of her own. "You said that you are of House Saden, did you not? Yours is a family from the Reich proper, yes? What is it like? I have spent my whole life in the Overseasland, so I have no experience with the mainland."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 08, 2019, 08:30:29 pm »

Brun paused, considering the question.

"Mmm, yes. We're from the capital specifically. Well, I'm sure you know that it's focused on military. Because of that, well. It's a peaceful place, but strict. Easier for us nobles though, of course. Since I joined the military, I perhaps had an easy time. I was looking to bring honor to my family, after all. But it's like any place, in the end. There are merchants, there are laborers. We exist in an uneasy peace with the Han, but our Wall helps protect us, alongside our military. But peaceful. Which is why something like what is going on here is so worrying."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 08, 2019, 08:38:05 pm »

"Usually, it's pretty peaceful here too, at least so far as I've seen. Probably a... bit more tension though." Simona wasn't old enough to remember the Reich take over, but some family was... and they weren't exactly happy about it, not that she was about to say that to a soldier.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 58