Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 58

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 6re: IC Thread!  (Read 45495 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 6re: IC Thread!
« Reply #270 on: June 05, 2019, 04:32:53 pm »

Shaelynn's face was twisted in rage as she followed Siegfried, and she let her blast fly, destroying a chunk of the floor behind the retreating knight. "And just how have you come to be here, having fled your family's home in order to break our betrothal? Should you not be hiding in a gutter, or perhaps a cave within a mountain?" A fresh charge of energy was coalescing on her hand again. "Did you think I wouldn't remember? Is that how you thought to introduce yourself so casually to the woman you shamed?"

Simona elected to place herself between Shaelynn and Siegfried, a decision that only flared the noble girl's fury. "Stand aside Simona. I haven't a damn about what the captain thinks, and one does not duel garbage. I will have my satisfaction and I will have it now."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 05, 2019, 04:36:29 pm »

"Welp."
"Goes to show: you think you know a guy, huh."
He stood up.
"Alright, that's enough, Lady. Not really duelling if you're just shooting magic at a man on the floor, is it? Just kick him in the crotch like a normal angry ex-girlfriend and call it a day."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 05, 2019, 04:44:16 pm »

"Yes, he is trash, and that's why you should stop. He is human garbage that ran away from his obligation to you, and he is not worth the cost of cleaning off the blood and repairing the masonry, not worth the magical energy it would take. You are better than that, and he is not worth stooping so low as to kill a man not fighting back." She didn't know the man she was verbally trashing, but she hoped he'd forgive the insults in the attempt to save his life.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #273 on: June 05, 2019, 04:44:30 pm »

"I - Did you not think I might have had a reason to leave?" He finally managed to pull himself back up to his feet, though he wasn't certain how this affected his odds of not being toasted by light magic on this day. "I didn't think - ah, damn it, I didn't think. I never meant to shame you, I - I panicked."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 05, 2019, 04:44:52 pm »

The explosion caused Altha to freeze up mid sip of tea.

"...by the Saint she's worse than I thought" she whispered inaudibly
It's FEF, not FEOF

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 05, 2019, 04:51:45 pm »

Shaelynn was shaking now. None of these people understood. They didn't know what it was like. The isolation. The stigma. The raw, burning hatred that burned within her wounded heart. She ignored them all, save for Siegfried. "What reason could you have had for your panic? What motivates a man to flee his noble house? I lay awake at night, wondering how it could be justified, you slime!" Shaelynn's cold fury had eroded, and now she was screaming. Most everyone on the grounds would recognize the sound, though never with such fervor as this. "Tell me! Tell me why!"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 05, 2019, 04:58:41 pm »

"Sure couldn't be your temper."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 05, 2019, 05:13:49 pm »

"Shaelynn Peritz!" The General shouted from above, and started hastily walking down the stairs, with the Captain in tow.

"What is this shouting about? Explain yourself, young lady."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 05, 2019, 05:25:40 pm »

Shaelynn shuddered, tears burning hotly in her eyes. The magic wreathing her hand collapsed, and she allowed her tome to tumble from her hand and onto the floor. She pointed a shaking hand at Siegfried. "He- I- H-he...!" She couldn't form the words, and shame collided with anger in equal measure. The drachenreiter was right. Her temper had overtaken her again, in spite of everything. Simona was right. Everyone else was always right about her.

And she was always wrong. Shaelynn lowered her pointing finger, and her head hung in shame.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 05, 2019, 05:49:12 pm »

The Governor looked at Siegfried, then Shaelynn, and Siegfried again.

"Ah. Mister Jubastacheit, wasn't it..."

"Another reason against sending her along with my team."

"Enough, Captain. We've spoken about this, and I've made my decision. Shaelynn is going with you to investigate the recent activities of Goveron University and deal with Bonefaz." The Captain shook his head.

"As you wish." He turned to Shae. "Miss Shaelynn, you will accompany us as representative of your father, in case local nobility will be unwilling to cooperate with us. Your servant, Miss Simona, is also going to provide you a personal guard."

"May I speak with Shaelynn briefly?"

"Alright. I will brief the team in the meanwhile." The Governor quickly grabbed Shaelynn by her left arm and led her away from the tables.

"Shae." The bearded man let out a sigh.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 05, 2019, 05:55:23 pm »

Shaelynn allowed herself to be led away by her father, but couldn't bring herself to raise her gaze to meet his. She sniffled, trying to hold back tears, and failing. "H-he just- He didn't- It was like I didn't even matter. Like it was any other meeting." Her shoulders shook as she tried, and failed, to steady her breathing. "I tried not to. I really did."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 05, 2019, 06:13:13 pm »

@Shae:

The Governor sighed and knelt in front of his daughter, reaching with his hand to rub her tears off.

"My little dove. I'm sorry, I should've told you about his arrival earlier, but I was too busy with my work to discuss this with you." He stood up and then placed both his hands on her shoulders.

"And please do not think I'm sending you off as a punishment for your recent... outbursts. Adventure builds character, the scholars say, and I think a mission like this will only do good for you." He patted her shoulders gently.

"Don't you agree?"

@Team:

"During this one day we were out of commission after the explosion, the Governor's agents managed to decipher the papers. It's a shopping list, more or less."

"It includes names of several suppliers of magical tomes, staves, potions and enchanted items. All of them either working or living at or near the Goveron University. Just a moment before Siegfried's waking up, we've received information that classes at Goveron have been suspended, on the order of Archibald Bonefaz, the current rector of the academy, without explanation."

"The Governor and I believe that Bonefaz is the leader of the supply operation for the rebels, and the recent destruction of the hideout at the catacombs caused him to panic. With the students away, he and his staff might be destroying evidence and contraband even as we speak."
SigFlags!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 05, 2019, 06:15:58 pm »

"Supplies... Like whatever that was down in the catacombs?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 05, 2019, 06:16:54 pm »

Simona took a few steps back, giving Shaelynn and her father what privacy she could, and then turned to the group.

"Well... hello, again. I guess I'll be going with you all. I look forward to working with you. I'm, uh... sorry, for my words, I was a bit worried for mister... Jubastachet?" she stumbled over the name a bit, "'s continued health and was trying to defuse the situation.."

After her reintroduction, she listened to the briefing - she'd heard some whisperings (funny, how little attention some noble types pay to the help) so she had a bit of an understanding of the situation. She remained quiet, though - best hear what the soldiers think first.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 05, 2019, 06:23:17 pm »

Shaelynn sniffled. "...Do you think it will even be possible? For them to work with me, after how I acted?" She still couldn't quite bring herself to look her father in the eyes. He was so patient with her. So kind. But she knew that every failure like this was a disappointment to her father. She wished desperately to make him proud.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 58