Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A Lasting War  (Read 1767 times)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Lasting War
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2019, 12:33:12 pm »

Your first month in office has you focus on defense and not communicating with the new guys on the block. You Secretary of defense informs you that 2P was all that the military needed to keep up with demands, with budget increase of more than double will see your recruits double every month and the beginnings of a special op: Army: 120.12 Million(+120 thousand monthly)(99% inf)(1%sp). Your Secretary of state informs you that with an economic budget of 4 your industry will grow: Resources: (+1 Industry). Your Secretary of research and technology informs you that with a budget of 6P they will be able to do lots of R&D and get something new every 2-3 months.

Last month saw no attacks from the Hokkaido. Any changes to your army’s orders?
[]yes
-[]write in
[]no

Do you want to have your researchers focus on one area?
[]yes
-[]military
-[]economy
-[]diplomacy
-[]domestics
-[]write in
[]no thanks

Do you reinvest the extra P from this month?
[]yes
-[]write in
[]no thanks, I like having a surplus(Surplus/unallocated, will be used to cover any purchases or deficits)

Do you have any other orders?
[]yes
-[]write in
[]not right now

Date: 2nd month of the year 2100

Country info:
Species: Brown Brocket
Pop:1.65 Billion(+150 million monthly)
Army: 120.12 Million(+120 thousand monthly)(99% inf)(1%sp)
Resources: 17 Points(P)(+16 Taxes)(+1 Industry)
Budget:([first # is allocated]/[2nd # is needed]
[5]/[2]Military(at this rate the military budget needs will increase by 1 every 5 months/5 more months)
[6]/[0]R&D(at this rate the R&D budget needs will increase by 1 every month/next month)
[4]/[3]Economy(at this rate the economy budget needs will increase by 1 every 9 months/9 more months)
[2]Surplus/unallocated(will be used to cover any purchases or deficits)
Military Policy: [X]Deep-Defense(enemy armies take 50% more attrition, Gain tactic: To The Last)
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2019, 12:58:57 am »

While waiting on some votes here is a little back story about your species and the war.

The Brown Brocket, a deerfolk, have been a nomadic race throughout time. That started changing when the Hokkaido came. For millennium the Brown Brocket have lived in the plains, forests, and hills of their home continent in relative peace. Peace that was hard fought, having fought off their predators when they, the Brown Brockets, became sentient. That all changed when ships were spotted 1000 years ago, ships that looked like beast from nightmares. When they came to land hundreds of Brown Brockets were killed. The invaders were pushed back after that and a fort was built there and the first town was settled to support the fort. Over the next couple hundred years forts and settlements were built up and down the coast. The next invasion they were not prepared for the forts, than 500 years ago a big invasion came. By this time settlements were being built hundreds of mile inland. The invaders took the beachhead fort and settlement. Word was heard that the invaders ate the settlers and defenders. The rest of the Brown Brocket rallied and cities and fortification started popping up on the other side of the continent. 200 years ago the Brown Brocket sailed across the sea and found the home of their long time enemy. 50 years ago the Hokkaido really started making pushes, but have stopped in the recent months due to the Terran threat. Now we, the Brown Brocket, have a chance to push back, regain our homeland, and show the Hokkaido what for.

Wow, I did not know I had that in me. I am kind of using history here, only changing it to were the Native Americans joined forces and were more ready for the Europeans.
If you all want more like this let me know and feel free to write omakes if you want.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2019, 07:17:05 am »

Last month saw no attacks from the Hokkaido. Any changes to your army’s orders?
[X]yes
-[X]write in: Lets start pushing into their land.

Do you want to have your researchers focus on one area?
[X]yes
-[X]diplomacy: We should find out if we can even understand the Terran people then figure out of we can make friends with them.

[X]no thanks, I like having a surplus(Surplus/unallocated, will be used to cover any purchases or deficits)

[X]not right now
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2019, 12:51:37 pm »

You order the army to start pushing into the Hokkaido territory. Your army pushed to a fort, 88,000 casualties on your side, estimated 85,000 on their side. Their civilian losses were estimated to be close to 1 million, your army rescued 131,000 Brown Brocket, 111,350 flock to the army, the rest flee to your closest city. Continue the push?
[]yes
-[]write in
[]no

You request that research be done in diplomacy. Your researchers realize that translating other languages are not as difficult as previously thought, +10 to all diplomacy rolls. They are certain they are close to another discovery in diplomacy. Continue to focus your research?
[]yes
-[]military
-[]economy
-[]diplomacy
-[]domestics
-[]write in
[]no thanks

[]yes
-[]write in
[]no thanks, I like having a surplus(Surplus/unallocated, will be used to cover any purchases or deficits)

[]yes
-[]write in
[]not right now

Date: 3rd month of the year 2100

Country info:
Pop:1.8 Billion(+150 million monthly)
Army: 120.26 Million(+120 thousand monthly)(99% inf)(1%sp)
Resources: 19 Points(P)(+18 Taxes)(+1 Industry)
           [5]/[2]Military(4 months till increase)
           [6]/[1]R&D(2 months till increase)
           [4]/[3]Economy(8 months till increase)
           [4]Surplus/unallocated(will be used to cover any purchases or deficits)
Research: level 1 diplomacy(91% to lvl2)
Military Policy: [X]Deep-Defense(enemy armies take 50% more attrition, Gain tactic: To The Last)
Bonuses: +10 to all diplomacy rolls
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2019, 05:54:17 am »

Continue the push?
[X]yes

Continue to focus your research?
[X]yes

[X]no thanks, I like having a surplus(Surplus/unallocated, will be used to cover any purchases or deficits)

[X]yes
-[X]write in: Lets see if we can find out what the Terran people are doing and why their here.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2019, 12:59:43 pm »

You have the army continue to push.Your army pushed all the way to the next fort, unfortunately the supply lines got too thin and they had to fall back. 165,000 casualties on your side, estimates on enemy casualties have them at 20,000. Fortunately they don't take advantage of the slaughter. Try to push again?
[]yes
[]no

You keep the researchers on diplomacy. They find out that a dedicated diplomatic corp will greatly help with any diplomatic overtures. New budget area: Diplomatic Corp(fully funded gives +10 to diplomatic rolls). They think they might be close to another discovery in diplomacy. Continue in diplomacy?
[]yes
[]no, new focus
-[]military
-[]economy
-[]diplomacy
-[]domestics
-[]write in
[]no, stop focusing for now

You send your spies to see Terrens are up to. Your spies come back empty handed, and with some losses. Try again?
[]yes
[]no

Do you reinvest any of the surplus P?
[]yes
-[]write in

[]yes
-[]write in
[]not right now

Date: 4th month of the year 2100

Country info:
Pop:1.95 Billion(+150 million monthly)
Army: 120.21 Million(+120 thousand monthly)(99% inf)(1%sp)
Resources: 20 Points(P)(+19 Taxes)(+1 Industry)
[5]/[2]Military(3 months till increase)
[6]/[1]R&D(1 month till increase)
[4]/[3]Economy(7 months till increase)
[1]/[1]Diplomatic Corp(surplus was auto invested, 12 months till increase)
[4]Surplus/unallocated(will be used to cover any purchases or deficits)
Research: level 2 diplomacy(79% to lvl3)
Bonuses: +10 to all diplomacy rolls, +10 to diplomatic rolls
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2019, 09:39:43 am »

Try to push again?
[X]no

Continue in diplomacy?
[X]no, new focus
-[X]military, It seems like we need some help in this area right now.

You send your spies to see Terrens are up to. Your spies come back empty handed, and with some losses. Try again?
[X]yes, lets try again.

[X]yes
-[X]write in, Lets invest one into the diplomacy thing.

[X]yes
-[X]write in, Lets try to capture that fort we killed everyone at earlier.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2019, 12:57:58 pm »

You order the army to fall back and make sure the first fort is securely in your hands. The general informs you that they have the fort and he will tell you if a fort/city has been captured or bypassed. Army orders?
[]Stay put
[]Move out
-[]write in

You have the researchers switch their focus to military. Your researchers made a tremendous breakthrough, discovering how to make, and perfect the making of, rocket launchers(+1d100 on enemy casualties, +10 on fort capturing). Continue on Military?
[]yes
[]no, new focus
-[]military
-[]economy
-[]diplomacy
-[]domestics
-[]espionage
-[]write in

You send your spies back to spy on the Terrans. As before your spies come back empty handed, and with some losses. Maybe we should try funding a spy agency. New budget area: Espionage(recruits dedicated and trained spies), New Research area: Espionage, New pop counter: spies(used to spy on others)  Try again?
[]yes
[]no

Lastly you allocate 1 budget surplus into the diplomatic corp. Due to the increase in budget you can now see how many diplomats you have.

[]yes
-[]write in

[]yes
-[]write in
[]not right now

Date: 5th month of the year 2100

Country info:
Pop:2.1 Billion(+150 million monthly)
Army: 120.33 Million(+120 thousand monthly)(99% inf)(1%sp)
Spies: 100(+1 monthly)
Diplomats: 134(+10 monthly)
Resources: 23 Points(P)(+21 Taxes)(+2 Industry)
[5]/[2]Military(2 months till increase)
[6]/[2]R&D(4 month till increase)
[4]/[3]Economy(6 months till increase)
[2]/[1]Diplomatic Corp(6 months till increase)
{0}/[0]Espionage
[6]Surplus/unallocated(will be used to cover any purchases or deficits)
Research: level 2 diplomacy(79% to lvl3), level 2 military(0%)
Bonuses: +10 to all diplomacy rolls, +10 to diplomatic rolls,  rocket launchers(+1d100 on enemy casualties, +10 on fort capturing)
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2019, 08:24:02 pm »

If I'm allowed to vote, I vote that research efforts be focused on espionage, and that the military uses the captured fort for training. Invest 1 surplus P into espionage

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2019, 09:00:22 pm »

Army orders?
[X]Stay put, and try to take over the surrounding area.

Continue on Military?
[X]no, new focus
-[X]espionage, I agree with Naturegirl1999 we should probably start working on this.

Try again?
[X]no, we can come back to this later.

[X]yes
-[X]write in, I also agree with Naturegirl1999 on this one and we should put it into espionage.

[X]yes
-[X]write in, we could have the army train some in the captured fort.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2019, 10:25:46 pm »

If I'm allowed to vote, I vote that research efforts be focused on espionage, and that the military uses the captured fort for training. Invest 1 surplus P into espionage
This is an suggestion game so anyone can vote.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2019, 04:40:42 pm »

You order the army to make sure that the area around and between the two forts are secure. They put up a respectable resistance your casualties were 10,000 while they lost an estimated 36,000. The army is than ordered to train at the newly acquired forts, the training was not as good as hoped, unlocked army training level. Any army orders?
[]Yes (write in)
[]No change(continues training/defending)

You have the researchers switch focus once again to espionage. Your researchers made another tremendous breakthrough, discovering the secret of stealth(+10 to spying rolls), they also build a template for basic spy gear(+10 to spying rolls, cost 1P/100 spies). Continue on espionage?
[]yes
[]no, new focus
-[]military
-[]economy
-[]diplomacy
-[]domestics
-[]espionage
-[]write in

Lastly you allocate 1 budget surplus into Espionage and see an immediate boost of 6 recruits a month. Do you reinvest any of the surplus P?
[]yes
-[]write in
[]no thanks, I like having a surplus(Surplus/unallocated, will be used to cover any purchases or deficits)Do you reinvest any of the surplus P?
[]yes
-[]write in

[]yes
-[]write in
[]not right now

Date: 6th month of the year 2100

Country info:
Pop:2.25 Billion(+150 million monthly)
Army: 120.44 Million(+120 thousand monthly)(99% inf)(1%sp)
Spies: 106(+6 monthly)
Diplomats: 144(+10 monthly)
Resources: 24 Points(P)(+22 Taxes)(+2 Industry)
[5]/[2]Military(1 month till increase)
[6]/[2]R&D(3 month till increase)
[4]/[3]Economy(5 months till increase)
[2]/[1]Diplomatic Corp(5 months till increase)
[1]/[0]Espionage(6 months till increase)
[6]Surplus/unallocated(will be used to cover any purchases or deficits)
Research: level 2 diplomacy(79% to lvl3), level 2 military(0% to lvl 3), level 2 espionage(9% to lvl 3)
Army Training level: 15/100(-->  regular(lvl2))
Bonuses: +10 to all diplomacy rolls, +10 to diplomatic rolls,  rocket launchers(+1d100 on enemy casualties, +10 on fort capturing), +10 to spying rolls, +10 to spying rolls(cost 1P/100 spies)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 04:49:19 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2019, 04:54:32 pm »

Send spies to the area and try to get them to poison the aliens if posdible

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2019, 06:41:04 am »

Send spies to the area and try to get them to poison the aliens if posdible
I'm just going say that's a bad idea because we don't know if they actually hate us yet.

Any army orders?
[X]No change(continues training/defending)

Continue on espionage?
[X]no, new focus
-[X]military

[X]yes
-[X]write in, Lets try to spy on the aliens again and not poison them.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2019, 06:47:05 am »

Ok Send spies to observe them instead
Pages: 1 [2]