Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Old Planet - AGE OF GHOSTS  (Read 13888 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Old Planet
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2019, 03:51:37 pm »

So far we have:
yellow
navy
maroon
teal
---
yellow
maroon
navy
teal
---
I'll pass for the time being. Come back to me once the rest of you have made your last relationships.
That does seem fair, then. So last relationships from everyone, please.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

The_Saladman

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here to eat plant piss beer and shit out seeds
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2019, 04:25:15 pm »

Snowstubs are closely followed by Nymphs who are attracted to the Icefluff in the Snowstubs’ wool. The glowing nymphs helps the Snowstubs from getting seperated and lost in the night during migration.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2019, 04:51:18 pm »

((So cute! Gonna award Saladman the Icefluff quest now.))

Sensing the mana emitted from their fleece, the nymphs begin nesting in the icefluff-adorned Snowstub wool. The Snowstubs with the highest mana retention attract the most nymphs, which in turn makes them more noticeable to the other Snowstubs. Snowstubs that absorb icefluff mana are followed by the herd at night, and many end up becoming herd leaders, with the opportunity to have lots of baby lambs who are also mana absorbant. This in turn raises the healthiness of the nymphs, allowing them to emit a brighter glow when flying, and scout the surrounding area without dying of mana depletion.

Just like a plant's fronds move water towards its roots, so too does a Wooly Snowstub's fleece gather mana towards its body. ((The wool that the nymphs nest in traps mana. Ergo, happy nymphs!)) The nymphs are now on good terms with the Snowstubs.

tl;dr - Wooly Snowstubs absorb mana from Icefluff.

((The Icefluff emits mana, the wool traps this airborne mana, and the Snowstub's body absorbs it.))
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 05:26:02 pm by FakerFangirl »
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2019, 11:04:09 am »

((Sorry for being a bit late.))

A Tealcat, after gently pawing at a Water Nymph, meaning no harm, has absorbed some of its mana. Now, that Tealcat could control water. Creating an air bubble around itself while diving for small fish, watering Catnip so it grows faster, et cetera. It quickly tells of its discovery to other Tealcats.

♥Tealcats♥ gain water powers from ♥Water Nymphs♥.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2019, 11:34:52 am »

The Saerics, noticing the tealcats attacking their pet nymphs that their herded snowstubs seem to like, take action to defend their pets and herds.

Saerics now hunt tealcats.

And I think that wraps up the relationships.

EDIT: I only just noticed that one of the earlier relationships involved pet nymphs for the Saerics.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 11:49:54 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2019, 01:39:06 am »

((Crap. Icefluff grow in cold biomes but nagas are cold-blooded! Does our titan have to be an individual? Or can I have a coven of Naiads..? Or a holy Naiad. Or a giant warm-blooded naga. Hm. Maybe if I dig a network of tunnels then the Icefluff could grow underground. OH!! Or mountains. Yeah titans are big and humongous eh? And mountain peaks are cold because of... Upper atmosphere air from the poles that get less sunlight? Isn't there a convection current that cools air coming from the poles? I have no clue why mountain peaks are colder. Air density? If I make my titan a mermaid then I can't really invade other quadrants. Also, how do we designate quadrants? nw/ne/se/sw? maroon/navy/yellow/teal quadrants? How ridiculous & detailed can we get with our biomes? How many years is this titan terraforming for?))

The ice in the crimson hemisphere begins to thaw. How far down to the ice sheets go??
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 01:48:01 am by FakerFangirl »
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2019, 01:45:11 am »

I'd like to note that Yellow is reclaiming its traditional Northeast.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2019, 05:17:20 pm »

ACT II
TITANS

((This world is cuter than expected.))
I concur.

Spoiler: Circle of Life (click to show/hide)

After choosing your titan's appearance and territory(NW, SW, NE, or SE, no duplicates), and its' geography, it's really time to get to business. Baa-ram-ewe. To your breed, your fleece, your clan be true!

At the current rate, Wooly Snowstubs will inheret the planet!
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2019, 06:59:08 pm »

...I feel like the fact that the Saerics herd the Wooly Snowstubs for food wasn’t exactly properly represented, though I do suppose that that’s my fault for putting it in lime green rather than yellow.
Can we do a re-evaluation of the relationships I made, or rather, what their actual category is? Because the reason is made for why Saerics’ relationship with suntrees is mutually beneficial had the opposite logical effect (they spread the seeds, yet the trees are rarer), and I don’t think the fact that the snowstubs are a good source was really represented properly.

EDIT: To be more clear about the intent of the Saeric/snowstub relationship, think of a shepherd. The shepherd protects their flock of sheep, but they’ll still kill one of their sheep for food. The meat and wool is what they protect the flock for, after all.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 07:03:02 pm by Glass »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2019, 07:08:31 pm »

The shepherd protects their flock of sheep
ALL the more humorous, the flock is ACTUALLY running the show! You have this whole act to effect things in your, and later others', regions. I was quite clear about all this from the get go.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2019, 07:11:27 pm »

I understand that. I’m just saying that I just realized that the way the relationship is currently set up doesn’t actually make sense with what the relationship is.
At the very least, there’s the relationship with the suntrees. The reason I made the relationship lime (fuck autocorrupt and it’s hatred of limes) green was because the eating of the fruits would cause the seeds to be spread more via their waste, making the trees more common, but instead, they’re rarer. You see the issue?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 07:14:45 pm by Glass »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2019, 07:15:21 pm »

I understand that. I’m just saying that I just realized that the way the relationship is currently set up doesn’t actually make sense with what the relationship is.
At the very least, there’s the relationship with the suntrees. The reason I made the relationship like green was because the eating of the fruits would cause the seeds to be spread more via their waste, making the trees more common, but instead, they’re rarer. You see the issue?
That is how they spread, but it was stressors it had to adapt to, that made a species more or less common. That was just flavor.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

The_Saladman

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here to eat plant piss beer and shit out seeds
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2019, 07:22:03 pm »

In the north west is a short piece of navy fluff with arms and legs wielding a pickaxe. This piece of fluff has created a mountainous area.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2019, 07:53:42 pm »

At the very least, there’s the relationship with the suntrees. The reason I made the relationship like green was because the eating of the fruits would cause the seeds to be spread more via their waste, making the trees more common, but instead, they’re rarer. You see the issue?
That is how they spread, but it was stressors it had to adapt to, that made a species more or less common. That was just flavor.
That’s not how environments work.

Anyway. Yellow reclaims the northeast, and the ancient titan Aaron Solomon awakens amidst ancient ruins.
The northeast quadrant is terraformed back to its ancient jungles, now littered with the scorched ruins uncovered from the dirt, the remains of a civilization from long ago and an age long since past.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2019, 09:22:13 pm »

That’s not how environments work.
Says the player in a game with themes of divine creation.

Wasn't Solomon the champion?

Edit: Got it, looks good.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 09:23:59 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12