Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Satisfactory - Factory-Builder now in EA  (Read 18637 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Satisfactory - Factory-Builder now in EA
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2024, 03:15:20 pm »

Turn the breaker back on and rise from the dead!

Satisfactory 1.0 has been released.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2024, 11:24:58 pm »

Some of the 1.0 changes are big, some are small, some are small but feel big. I was at a wreckage site; amongst the scattered pipes and frames, there was a medicinal inhaler, and suddenly - just for a moment - the crash that I'd been thoughtlessly looting suddenly felt a bit more sinister.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2024, 09:40:24 am »

I'm liking the larger variety in wildlife.

New MAM entries all seem good too - still need to find more Mercer Spheres and other goodies to flesh things out.

I am loving the fact that bio-burners now have an input slot.

It's amazing how much faster everything goes on the second go-round.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2024, 02:23:48 am »

If you haven't played in a while, you'll probably be pleased if you revisit parachutes and ziplines. Those both got a lot more useful (and entertaining) in the last update before 1.0.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2024, 06:11:12 am »

Yeah, my ghetto jetpack setup of building stupidly tall ladders and jumping off them with the parachute is a super fun way of getting around.

Other than that, still a damn solid game, hopefully I don't lose interest by the lategame this time around.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2024, 08:10:20 pm »

I started in the sandy desert this time, so before I got long-distance power transport up to start building my global zipline transport network, I spent a lot of time using bladerunners and the parachute to dunesurf. It's always so satisfying when you manage to catch the angle just right so you skim across the surface instead of landing.  :D

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2024, 11:55:10 pm »

I've been playing on a community server hosted by one of my Discord groups.

Absolutely love the Dimensional Depot. Never again have to travel across the map because I ran out of one common building resource, or try to balance all the things I'll need in my inventory. Just set up one depot at each factory and never again worry about running out of that material.

I also love the little quality-of-life building stuff, with the input/output lines and the straight conveyors making it easier than ever to keep everything aligned and get things placed down quickly.

Also I'm actually using Blueprints now. Last time I tried to use them was before Nudge, and that was just awful. But now I can actually place blueprints exactly where I want them to go, and even deconstruct the entire blueprint if needed. Huge timesaver.

Looking forward to seeing how the new late-game buildings unfold.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2024, 02:54:33 pm »

Previously when playing by myself I never got past the point where I just unlocked basic oil production.

Playing the new update with one of my friends currently, he builds stuff in the most haphazard, slapdash way possible and I have no idea how he can stand it. He's the kind of person that pretty much can't play vanilla Factorio without logistics bots handling everything, yet when he plays something like Seablock he has pretty much no trouble building somewhat organized machines that I couldn't even begin to comprehend. So what he does in Satisfactory is he builds a single constructor/assembler/manufacture that makes an item he wants, hooks its inputs up to the output box of a factory I probably built, and then he overclocks the one machine to maximum without any care for belt speed or input items per second. It's at the point where we've blown through almost all the tiers and I never got around to properly setting up a factory that automates rotors because I'm struggling to keep up with all the research we've unlocked and the parts that need to be automated. I did end up automating steel products and stators so he slapped down a single assembler that makes rotors and belted over the stators. A single assembler in the middle of a field of spaghetti belts is how we're getting motors (and a majority of our items) right now.

Right now he's going around exploring the map for hard drives, but we've advanced to the point where almost every recipe in the game can show up so the odds of finding a good recipe that we need is incredibly low. Since we have dimensional depots and I'm typically near the base I'm basically the guy that goes and shoves stuff into the depot when he needs it. I have not looked up how much it costs to make one of those things but if it's not too bad then I should go to all my old setups and just put one of those down by the output box and just have everything 'in the cloud'.

I'm not angry at him or anything, I just want to play the game at my own pace, while he wants to rush straight to the end. I do have a singleplayer game started in the northwest area I've never been to, but I've been spending most of my time playing with my friend.

Spoiler: large image (click to show/hide)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2024, 05:21:09 pm »

I'm basically the guy that goes and shoves stuff into the depot when he needs it. I have not looked up how much it costs to make one of those things but if it's not too bad then I should go to all my old setups and just put one of those down by the output box and just have everything 'in the cloud'.

One of the first big goals that I gave myself this playthrough was making sure that all of the components needed to build a Depot are being fed into a Depot, so that as long as I have spheres I can just drop more Depots for every new resource that I start producing.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2024, 02:40:35 pm »

Right now he's going around exploring the map for hard drives, but we've advanced to the point where almost every recipe in the game can show up so the odds of finding a good recipe that we need is incredibly low.

If you're not already, make sure you don't pick techs from hard drives that don't have recipes you want. As long as you hold them open in the hard drive library, they'll take all of their recipes out of the pick rotation.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2024, 05:07:01 pm »

Today's patch seems to be triggering my anitvirus, and it's silently deleting the game executable when I try to run it. In fact, I wonder there's an issue going on between my antivirus - I use Avast, but I've seen reports of other antiviruses doing this - and Epic, since this happened to me with Ranch Simulator, and both games use the Unreal Engine.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2024, 07:25:16 pm »

I had a huge amount of trouble with 1.0 and the first patch under AVG, but this update doesn't seem to make it unhappy.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]