Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hasardeur - Steampunk Airship-Crew  (Read 1968 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Hasardeur - Steampunk Airship-Crew
« on: March 19, 2019, 06:09:21 pm »

Hasardeur

Hasardeur: noun, someone who takes reckless risks on a regular basis, usually for his own enjoyment

Ah yes, the noble calling of the Hasardeur, or if one wants an Air-Sailor. The pay is bad, the dangers are extreme and the ships ramshackle. But if one survives long enough to soar through the sky and hunt down the legendary sky krakens or manages to make business as a free trader, fame and fortune awaits.

That however is far away for you. You are but a "Splatter" a greenhorn from the groun who wants to become a proper Hasardeur. With no useful skills to speak of whatsoever you are forced to hire with the only ship that takes you in this godforsaken port. The
Folly is as ugly as they come, a ramshackle airship propelled by handcrank sails and leaky floatsacks. It is one of the myriads of
sky-whalers, those foolish folks who carve out a living hunting turtledoves, skywhales, stormkrakens and what have you.

Signing up on this ship, you signed your soul away to a miserable captain on a miserable bucket threatening to catch fire at any moment. Good Luck.

Hasardeur is a little survival game in which you are part of an airship. Airships are sensitive and complex constructions and that it even takes off is a highly complicated procedure. Which means that the thing might blow at any second and send the whole of you to your inevitable dooms.

This is as some forumgoers seem to put it a "Ghaz Game", expect unfairness, misery and pain, while i sit in the background and cackle madly.
All of you start off as completely untrained crewmembers and that thrown in with the ship you are starting with means you shouldn't get too attached to your characters. Goal of the game is to achieve enough wealth to successfully retire.
You can retire characters anytime after their first successful flight to give the next character a little boost, in experience starting skills and so on.

The Character Sheet is relatively simple:
Name:
Backstory: optional

As you join you will be assigned random positions on the ship
Roleplay is encouraged and expected but not enforced.

Anyway:

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hasardeur - Steampunk Airship-Crew
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 06:12:35 pm »

Name: Harry
Backstory: No one knows, he just showed up one day out of the blue. He does seem rather intelligent though.

FOR CHAOS
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 06:17:26 pm by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 10:39:51 pm »

Name: Kira
Backstory: comes from a long long line of Air-sailors, and wanted to continue a family legacy.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 11:07:38 pm »

Name: Robo
Backstory: Robo is interested in exploration and researching strange beasts and unusual phenomenons. He joined this crew so he'd get a chance to see all the strange creatures that sailors often tell tall tales of. Whether those stories are fact or fiction is yet to be seen.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 02:58:55 am »

Name: Billy
Backstory: A homeless man that's been living in a box for years.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 04:10:21 am »

Name: Xue
Backstory: Xue comes from a poor farmer family, and has traveled to these lands from his hometown in the far east, in the hopes of - simply said - getting rich.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 01:03:03 pm »

The Captain of the Folly a Gentleman by the name of Galdot, is a toothless, greasy and generally unpleasant man.
He eyes the five of you very shortly before starting to randomly point out folks:

"Harry, yer the Harpoonist. Pre-Flight check it for issues, during flight keep a lookout for something to hunt and obviously shoot it once in range.

Kira, yer the Navigator, Pre-Flight check if the navigation gear works, during flight find me something to hunt, also keep the ship from drifting off into the nethers

Robo, Ammo-Hauler, check that the ammo is in working order and reload if we start shooting.

Billy, Machinist, pre-flight check if anythings broken and fix it, same during flight.

Xue, Cranker, you and the rest of this bunch crank the propulsion sails. keep it running and don't get crushed by the machinery.

It is now pre-flight check phase. During that part you can try and find issues on the airship. You can do a general check of your station, check specific parts if you think there might be issues or you can do a cursory glance over the entire ship.

If you find parts with issues you can inform the Machinist, the Captain or fix them entirely by yourself...up to you.

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 02:11:14 pm »

I check that our maps are in good condition, and that our compass works.

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2019, 02:14:46 pm »

I also check if the lookout’s spyglass works, and if not, just clean and polish it with my shirt and spit. And if that doesn’t work DTTS.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 02:30:55 pm by TheRedwolf »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2019, 02:44:59 pm »

Robo nods at the captain and sets about his work.He checks out the ammo, and makes sure there is some stored nearby the guns in case it's needed in a hurry.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2019, 03:41:40 pm »

Test fire the harpoon and check the harpoon for any issues. preferably firing at the captain
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2019, 05:11:48 pm »

Take a look at the propulsion sails and their condition
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2019, 02:03:03 am »

Inspect the ship and repair any broken or damaged things I find.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2019, 07:13:00 am »

Name: Greene

Backstory: Not a lot of places that hire former convicts, so  more a matter of need than want.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2019, 08:28:50 am »

@Wyrdbyrd: in starting with the next mission.

Pre-Flight Check

The newly hired crew immediately begins checking the ship for anything that might be broken, not that any of them really have a clue what they are looking for. At least the Compass seems to be working and the flight charts and maps are all in good order if outdated and terribly drawn.

Kira finds however that the spyglass in the harpoonists tower seems to not be working, she cleans the front of it with her shirt and spit and calls it a day. Robo finds that large parts of the harpoons are rusting and that the wooden parts are being torn to pieces by termites, making them of questionable use at best. Nonetheless he drops a whole bunch of harpoons right next to the harpoonists station.

Test-firing the harpoon gun seems to show no issues, at least none that Harry can see.

Xue meanwhile does a comprehensive check of the hand-crank sails and indeed he finds that a misalignment in one of the hand-cranks would prove to be a dangerous hazard to the operator, potentially dragging him into the apparatus and crushing the poor soul.

Billy finds issues on another of the hand-crank stations and immediately begins fixing them, before helping out the nearby Xue aswell. Afterwards he checks the rest of the ship without finding anything more to fix.

Before any of you can do any more fixing, the captain declares the pre-flight check finished.

The Folly is no ready for takeoff. During Takeoff phase the ship will come under extreme strain and parts that are badly fixed or are already broken might come apart. It is the most delicate part of the entire cruise. You can now however submit orders for the first day of flight already.

Pages: [1] 2