Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Blood of Champions - House Magnus (Action II)  (Read 4803 times)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blood of Champions - House Magnus (Action I)
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2019, 09:54:50 am »

Yeah bitch among yourselves all you want. That was my get out of salt free pass. How much you want to adhere to certain things is up to you.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2019, 05:14:32 pm »

MOP is a wise man.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2019, 06:55:55 pm »

... There is no one who's gonna make a House avatar besides me, is there?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2019, 08:03:29 pm »

I, for one, would rather avoid self inserts and avatars into the game.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2019, 08:30:11 pm »

I'm making a brand, if that's your question. I will also make a character myself.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2019, 01:29:28 pm »

I want the unique avatars but that will probably just have to be one more thing to motivate me to get of my lazy beached butt and make an Arms Race.

If my suggestion is slowing down the game consider me now in agreement with the majority.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blood of Champions - House Magnus (Training I)
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2019, 06:43:54 am »

Action I

Tertius Avitius Cato kicks up dust walking through the barebones ludus. There are walls, and a floor, and even a couple fresh gladiators. They would, however, also need equipment, and so he set out to go to a nearby armorer working out of a small town.

After nearly half a day's travel by horseback, Tertius Avitius begins to note the unusual quality of some of the tools being used by the working folk. He'd received a letter from Gaius Magnus Caelius a few days prior with instructions on how to get to this specific metalworker, which he'd heard about through a few fellow soldiers who'd impressed him with the quality of their arms and armor (though he did note they were dead now).

There is a young man hammering a blade outside of a thatched roof hut next to an outdoor blacksmith's workshop. Tertius approaches and watches his technique. Each hammerblow falls precisely. Every swing is measured, pinpoint, and rapid. Tertius watches, mesmerized, as the not-quite-boy churns out a blade quicker than any he'd seen before. And while he can't test it, Tertius is fairly certain it is a good blade. As he thinks to himself an older man hobbles out of the hut using a gnarled stick to help him walk. One of his eyes is milky white and points in wholly the wrong direction. A dark scar running down his face is good indication as to how that happened.

"Problem with m'boy?" he grumbles out.

"Not at all," Tertius responds, "Simply admiring his work."

The old man straightens up, as if realizing there was a potential customer in front of him.

"Oh, well then by all means, do look," the man gestures across the workspace with one hand while the other leans on the stick held ahead of him, "But don't touch. Especially his tools. Bit a man's fingers off once for it..."

The statement forces one of Tertius' eyebrows upwards, and the man states to clarify, "The boy, not me. Great with the forge, but people are another story."

After looking around Tertius decides to reach an agreement for a reliable supply of Chainmail Vests(lorica hamata) and Open Helmets (galea) to the ludus for a relatively small fee. On the ride home Tertius comes across a quartet of bloodied bodies in the road surrounded by debris and dead horses. He was going to mind his business when one calls to him by name.

"Is...Avitius? Tertius, help," coughs one of the corpses as he uses what little energy he has to try to prop himself up.

Tertius recognizes the man from his arena dealings. He was in the "employ" of a small-time lanista, a slave captured in Numidia with skill at arms. Currently a nasty gash opened him up from nipple to navel, though his insides remained in place.

After brief, laborious discussion, Tertius learns of the road ambush which resulted in the killing or kidnapping of the whole of the family the Numidian had worked for. While they were to be granted freedom upon the death of the family, so long as they weren't connected with it, a number of slaves wish to find employ with another prestigious House. The Numidian is one of them, replacing your current trainder (provides six d6 dice - as opposed to 4, rerolls on Mounted training, no Mounted training cap). With him comes connections to a local weaponsmith. He was already paid up to provide Spears (hasta) and Axes (...war axe...) to the now-gone family, and the Numidian persuades him to transfer the deal over to yourselves, with only minor complaint.

[-Fortune Token, -Fate Tokenx2]

Lorica Hamata[5]: Body Armor. A vest of interlocked rings meant to provide some protection against attacks to ones vital bits. The wearer maintains flexibility and mobility for the most part. The rings are strong and capable of deflecting or minimizing some quite hefty blows. Weighs 10kg.

Galea[1]: Head Armor. While the boy seemed skilled and meticulous, it becomes apparent that his father would hide his...lesser creations. The helmets are hammered thin enough to bend easily by hand. Little more than protection from the rain.

Hasta[2]: A 1.5m disappointing construction of a spear. The iron tip is fine enough, but the quality of wood used for the shaft leaves much to be desired, splintering and shattering after only a few strong blows.

War Axe[6]: A 55cm long axe with a 12cm long crescent blade designed to hack through flesh and bone instead of wood. The head is firmly affixed to the handle, and hold a frighteningly sharp edge. The axe is weighted to provide a maximum amount of leverage with each swing while maintaining comfort and familiarity. The handle has a metal cap at the bottom.

Now that we have some gear, it's time to move onto the Training Phase! First you need to equip the gladiators, then it's time to get down to business. You currently have six d6 to assign to your gladiator's skills. Remember that assigning extra dice to a training check is not additive, and only modifies the minimum roll by +1. Your efforts to define your family have also been noted, and as such you feel the strings of Fate tug in your favor. [+Fate Token]

Note you may also use Tokens to perform, ah, extracurricular activities during the Training Phase. Note however that if you require use of a gladiator for said activities (and no damn it before I have to hear it I'm not implying sexual here, or anywhere except maybe that once) they will be unable to receive training. Any improvements you get will be applied the same Phase.

Finally, it is time to begin deciding how to utilize our surplus food. Note we can change this at any time. Options are as follows:

Increased Rations: By giving larger portions of food with greater variety, and occasionally even good flavor, we increase morale of all Gladiators. Vitality Training has a 50% chance to receive a +1 increase (can go above 6). These bonuses apply as long as Increased Rations is active.
Sell It Off: By selling our food through traders at local markets we can provide more income for our family. Provides One Fortune Token per Surplus Food per Turn. Small chance to boost trade-related Relationships each Interaction.
Aid Your Peers: By providing food to your fellow Patricians, for parties, times of need, or anything in between, they learn to rely on you. Provides One Favor Token per Surplus Food per Turn. Small chance to clear debts, smaller chance to put a known character in your debt.
Donate To The People: By spreading our good fortune among the Plebes word of our good deeds will carry our name far and wide. Provides One Fame Token per Surplus Food per Turn. 50% chance for a second Fame token as word spreads.
Donate To The Temples: By supplying temple keepers and worshipers with the sustenance they require we hope to curry favor with the Gods. Provides One Fate Token per Surplus Food per Turn. Two 25% Chances for an additional token of any type.

IT IS NOW THE TRAINING PHASE!

Spoiler: Properties (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gladiators (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Traits (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Family Status (click to show/hide)

Note: You may continue to add onto your family and make minor adjustments with characters left unused at this point. Excessive additions will be turned to newborns >:l
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 07:10:50 am by Man of Paper »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2019, 07:10:28 am »

Equipment and Training Regime:
Athaulf:
-Training: Vitality, Agility, Technique
-Equipment: 2 x Hastae, Lorica Hamata, Galea
Obelix:
Training: Vitality, Agility, Technique
-Equipment: War Axe, Lorica Hamata, Galea

Not sure what I want to do with the food. Either giving our gladiators increased rations (Which would help with vitality training), or donating it to the plebs would be beneficial.

EDIT: Votebox time:
Quote from: Votebox
Equipment and Training Plans:
-Plan Taricus (1): Taricus

Food Surplus Vote:
Donate to the Plebs (1): Taricus
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 08:20:46 am by Taricus »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2019, 09:06:29 am »

There is the cult of Mithraism, popular in military, which we could donate too, though we would also donate to official religion.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2019, 05:41:50 am »

-Plan Taricus (2): Taricus, Kashyyk

Food Surplus Vote:
Donate to the Plebs (2): Taricus, Kashyyk

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2019, 06:00:47 am »

-Plan Taricus (3): Taricus, Kashyyk, ConscriptFive

Food Surplus Vote:
Donate to the Plebs (3): Taricus, Kashyyk, ConscriptFive

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2019, 08:17:37 am »

Tattoo Proposal: (torch flame would just be black outline)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2019, 10:51:24 am »

Our team negative trait is vitality. Better to earn respect in the arena, than the soup kitchen.

-Plan Taricus (3): Taricus, Kashyyk, ConscriptFive

Food Surplus Vote:
Donate to the Plebs (3): Taricus, Kashyyk, ConscriptFive
Increased Rations (1): roseheart
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2019, 10:54:13 am »

On the flip side, we could gain a more permanent bonus to vitality training if we have more tokens as to build something that does provide that.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2019, 11:02:03 am »

I see the logic. I just think we will get more tokens per turn by having gladiators that can survive between rounds. (right now)

Edit: Wait, is this the food because we don't have a third gladiator? Then I doubly vote for to feed it to the others. This isn't a bonus we can hoard if we want a third asap, and they have high vitality which the rations allow us to train higher.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 11:06:12 am by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6