Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 178

Author Topic: Steam/Itch.io tileset - Mayday/Ironhand - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 454161 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam/Itch.io tileset - Mayday/Meph - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #2295 on: October 08, 2020, 09:51:28 pm »

I for one will keep my fingers crossed that the artists find a lot of free time to implement furniture/workshop directionality.

Steam update shows dwarves:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Can we see a beautiful bearded baby?
I was gonna say the adamantium looked too bright; although it's supposed to be bright, the bronze is too and that's more consistent with the rest of the palette. But I'm not sure if it's adamantium actually, or what it is; in any case definitely very bright compared to the other textures.

Also, the bear is very small compared to the dwarf.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: October 09, 2020, 02:30:07 am »

I was gonna say the adamantium looked too bright; although it's supposed to be bright, the bronze is too and that's more consistent with the rest of the palette. But I'm not sure if it's adamantium actually, or what it is; in any case definitely very bright compared to the other textures.

I don't think it's adamantine. Steam post implies it's profession-colored clothing.

Bronze looks like gold, so it's definitely too bright.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 02:31:55 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2297 on: October 09, 2020, 02:30:18 am »

It's emerald dye cloth (alternatively it's just a cyan recolor for the profession, unrelated to materials)

The black bear size is alright:
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

neobit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Page with my goodies (games, music, photos)
« Reply #2298 on: October 09, 2020, 02:50:28 am »

(...)
Steam update shows dwarves:

(...)

Oh, that is tasty!
The only thing that is rather odd for me are the gloves in civilian mode. They make that small part of skin to look like the real hands, as they would have really short arms. Especially when they match/almost match the colour of the shirt.
Maybe it is just me, but first pic there immediately looked to me as the dwarf has backpack (or a coat) and these creep arms.

Maybe removing that skin part would improve the looks?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 03:01:29 am by neobit »

Wokko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: October 09, 2020, 02:59:24 am »

On the dwarves in bronze armor, it looks like there's an empty space between their right hand and torso, which makes their pose look unnatural, especially their leg placement.
It looks good for leather armor, but bronze armored dwarves probably need their torsos moved slightly to the left, so that their right foot aligns with the body.

MoltenIdol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: October 09, 2020, 04:12:56 am »

The dwarves are awesome. How many different hairstyles and beardstyles are you gonna depict? I remember some early screenshots of braided hair, long hair, curly hair etc. A whole lot.
I also remember talk of NOT having all hairstyles and beardstyles shown in game because of business on screen, which i personally think would be such a shame. Id love to see all the variety of different cultures shown on the dwarves, without having to read it.
Also, those braided beards looked really cool.

Ps: the black bear looks like a cub.
I get that its not the biggest of bears, but it should still "feel" bigger Than a dwarf imo. Not nescessarily taller, but bigger.
It doesnt Really matter if the blackbear sprite becomes as big as the other bear sprites in comparison, as long as it feels bigger than a dwarf. So just a weeee bit bigger IMO.

FrankVill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: October 09, 2020, 04:22:32 am »

Hi I have a question Humans and dwarfs are similar in appearance except for their height and the thickness of their body. In fact, humans also sometimes have beards like dwarfs.

Have you thought about distinguishing them by their height?

MoltenIdol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: October 09, 2020, 07:06:55 am »

Hi I have a question Humans and dwarfs are similar in appearance except for their height and the thickness of their body. In fact, humans also sometimes have beards like dwarfs.

Have you thought about distinguishing them by their height?

I Think that the dwarves heads, are bigger Than that of humans, and humans are taller and slimmer, as you mentioned.

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: October 09, 2020, 10:20:21 am »

why the face is hidden for the helmet one? are their eyes and nose not in the same direction or position? it look intimidating, but i dont think such helmet should cover the wielder face under shadow.

also why that profession in the far right one there cover his head? is it executioner? look like fisher related job base of the color, which doesnt make sense for covering their entire face.

at first i though it was adamantine chainmail which make sense and such design exist despite DF armor dont protect eyes,nose,ear,mouth in general which should be open face type of chainmail and helmet.

beside by covering their face by default image, wont it harder to recognize them by only seeing? i can see executioner covering their face and thats only for single job so its easier to know but with many job or profession it hard to see from single glance.

though if it really the fishery type of profession  which i assume either the dissector or the butcher, i say keep the top part as hat though since it remind me of medieval butcher uniform like this
and
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 11:03:44 am by Hiul »

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: October 09, 2020, 10:47:56 am »

The steam announcement page answers some of your questions:

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/975370/view/2891832587105130223

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: October 09, 2020, 11:09:14 am »

The steam announcement page answers some of your questions:

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/975370/view/2891832587105130223

ah that make sense, i though it was profession uniform like other say.  though i guess the mask need some ornament to it, rather than flat like that, though maybe it hidden due to the color.

i still think the bronze helmet one should not cover the face under shadow though, unless their eyes and nose position can be so far different in place.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: October 09, 2020, 09:30:45 pm »

According to the latest dev blog, the clothes are cyan because it's arena mode, so the dwarves have no profession (peasant.)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: October 11, 2020, 12:38:15 pm »

What's the current plan for skeletons? I assume you aren't going to make individual skeleton sprites per creature, but if someone wanted to could they?

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: October 11, 2020, 03:07:29 pm »

What's the current plan for skeletons? I assume you aren't going to make individual skeleton sprites per creature, but if someone wanted to could they?
A skeleton in DF is just a zombie with no meat.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: October 11, 2020, 04:33:46 pm »

A skeleton in DF is just a zombie with no meat.
True, so the rephrased question would be whether the info about if a zombie is a skeleton or not is available to the tile selector logic (which may have to be directed at Toady).
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 178