Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 178

Author Topic: Steam/Itch.io tileset - Mayday/Ironhand - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 454447 times)

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
Re: Steam/Itch.io tileset - Mayday/Meph - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #2055 on: September 03, 2020, 05:35:36 am »

Yeah, yeah, cacti are nice, but hit me with those Tower-cap and Tunnel tube!  :D
Team Bug Fix!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2056 on: September 03, 2020, 07:58:31 am »

Yeah, yeah, cacti are nice, but hit me with those Tower-cap and Tunnel tube!  :D

To quote Toady: Feel free to flex your imagination on the underground trees!

Hence I made some weird looking tunnel tubes. :P

Giant mushrooms are fairly WIP right now. Due to the dots the repetition becomes very obvious.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #2057 on: September 03, 2020, 08:29:03 am »

I’ve always imagined tunnel tubes as particulary hollow, thus ”tunnel” and ”tubes”. Their wood is also described as violet (#0B00FF) in the raws, and I assume that will still hold for wood items made of them, so their interior should be too, if the implication is not that the wood comes from the bark. Not to say these don’t look truly rad.

ror6ax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: September 03, 2020, 09:24:43 am »

Tubes look nicely weird.
Proficient at setting myself on fire in Adventure mode.

Manveru Taurënér

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: September 03, 2020, 09:55:18 am »

Having a really hard time wrapping my head around what's going on there, the pieces feel a bit too disconnected to make sense to me I guess, the shadows of it looks amazing though so I think I enjoy the idea of it though? (clearly very confused)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: September 03, 2020, 02:41:26 pm »

Tunnel tubes look weird, which is good, but I don't really understand the upper "branch" view.
I think the giant mushroom border isn't quite right because the different levels don't look like one item.

teh sam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: September 03, 2020, 03:45:55 pm »

Today I learned tunnel tubes are a thing in DF.

Dishmab

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: September 06, 2020, 02:30:04 am »

The spotted shroom reminds me of a platform from mario 1. these will definitely give the underground a lot more character.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: September 06, 2020, 03:54:09 am »

I'm curious how item / creature overlapping might be handled.  Do you think it will end up being a system of layers with the creature on top, and the floor tile/item/workshop visible behind/around them; or a blinking back and forth of different tiles cycling through what is located on that x,y coordinate?  The first way seems harder to accomplish, but might look better.  I suppose another way would be to just display 1 thing, determined by some priority system such as dwarves > creatures > items.  I imagine there are many other options as well.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: September 06, 2020, 08:38:13 am »

I understand it'll be the former. Folding in TextWillBeText (or reimplementing). But getting it all overlaid is gonna be fun.

Potentially you'd have ground/constructed-floor, any surface plant-growth, whatever zone/stockpile mat imagery is eventually used, a constructed thing (trap, pillar, lever, etc, if they don't clash with stickpile), contaminants/splashes, items (could be many and varied, esp. if quantum-dumped), gibs, corpses, all of the inumerable creatures currently laying down there, the one creature standing up, any corner infographics/whatever for the creature (mood, need, other statuses), mists/fogs/miasmas, the tint that indicates it's on the layer below, a wash to indicate your current cursor action is painting a selection across this tile... Maybe not all of these at once, maybe some things I've forgotten.

Perhaps there'll continue to be some cycling of visually mutually-exclusive items, or some layers are just so obscuring that you won't get to see what's 'beneath' anyway, short of the usual tile-interogation.

Watch This (very crowded) Space!?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2065 on: September 06, 2020, 01:42:37 pm »

You see floor, item and creature.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

teh sam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: September 07, 2020, 10:12:46 pm »

Has it been confirmed that it will be everything overlaid all at once rather than the classic DF tile-cycle?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: September 07, 2020, 11:09:39 pm »

Has it been confirmed that it will be everything overlaid all at once rather than the classic DF tile-cycle?
(Meph being one of the three people working on it, so presumably would know).

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: September 08, 2020, 02:36:00 am »

I was just relieved to see it was boiled down to be so simple. ;)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2069 on: September 08, 2020, 03:38:00 am »

(Meph being one of the three people working on it, so presumably would know).

I looked it up ingame, it's certainly working atm. It shows floors, floor edges, shadows, plants growing on floor, the topmost item, the topmost unit. In that order.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 178