Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Lethal Harmless Powers  (Read 6068 times)

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lethal Harmless Powers
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2019, 04:58:35 pm »

\
Power: Whenever you're going to do something you'll regret, someone else at the edge of earshot will coincidentally tell somebody else "you're going to regret that".
Spend $1000 on lotto tickets. If you'd lose, you'd regret it, and not do so, and could try again next week.

The ability to instantly turn any body part into a fully controlled and identical Cybernetic version, or grow cybernetic body parts wherever a biological one may be missing, for whatever reason.
I am now a factory for advanced high-tech goods with no inputs and minimal maintenance. Just sell the parts and become fabulously wealthy.

You sneeze whenever someone is talking about you.
I can read.  Become a trigger to someone else's scheme.  Whenever they talk about you, you sneeze and pull the trigger, ending the lives of the hostages. 

Any time you get into a car, someone elsewhere falls asleep. 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 05:01:12 pm by alamoes »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2019, 05:02:26 pm »

Depends on how far the range is, but I could continually go into and out of a car until my target falls asleep. Better for villains, seeing as they don't have to worry as much about the horrible casualties of this.

Power:The ability to turn into a microline statue of yourself. You cannot turn back, unless someone kisses your statue on the lips. If you don't have lips, you are stuck forever.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2019, 05:23:26 pm »

I was surrounded. There was no hope for escape, unless... No, no, too risky... But...
"GIVE UP NOW!"
I had no other choices. I turned into a statue, rooted to the spot, unable to move or be moved. And there I stood, lost to time, until one day, a young woman, on a dare, kissed me. I stabbed her in thanks, and went back to my spree of CHAOS.

The power to make EXTREMELY healthy, delicious food, with oddball ingredients you happen to have in your pantry, and I mean this stuff is on par with that of legends like Gordon Ramsey and Alton Brown.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2019, 05:27:41 pm »

While you are never able to change the world, your power serves you well at the local food kitchen, where you become a hero in the eyes of the public with your ability to make cornmeal and canned soup into something truly magical.

Of course, have you heard of that dude with the power to spit on demand without ever having to stop? I'm sure that dude is going places.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2019, 06:32:09 am »

Every time he was sick he continually spitted into a bucket or a container, now, he have enough sick martial to turn an entire city ill.

Power: knowing the exact yearly earnings of every person you look at.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2019, 06:38:10 am »

Great way of picking out your next mark!

Power: Can change sex at will, but only underwater and whilst wearing a fluffy pink hat.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2019, 12:59:48 pm »

Being pursued by the law? Don your pink fluffy hat and leap into a river, then use your power whilst out of sight.

Power: Your pencils' erasers replenish themselves.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2019, 02:01:24 pm »

Buy a lot of pencils. Rig all the pencils together and affix them over a belt sander, eraser side down. Constantly erase thousands of pencils. Collect all the eraser detritus for recycling. Eventually ramp up to to become the world's largest rubber supplier. Keep going. Use your rubber industry wealth to branch out into other markets, like arms dealing. Protect and ramp up your rubber manufacturing even more. Drown the world in rubber. Pink Goo apocalypse.

You have perfect control over the friction of knitting needles.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2019, 02:26:48 pm »

Use the knitting needles to climb walls, and stab your foes' hearts with the needles.

Power: The ability to turn into a perfectly normal frog, and when you are turned into a frog, everyone knows you turned into a frog.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2019, 03:16:32 pm »

Everyone as everyone in the world? if so, you can use it to pass messages to the world, report the most important global news and increase awareness to it.

Power: for every name, know the exact amount of people with that name living at that moment.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2019, 08:31:12 pm »

Would enable you to be good with world-wide casualty reports. Could also be used for a villain if you give each of your minions a unique name. Know precisely when they've been taken out.

Power: Immunity to BB guns.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 01:29:40 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2019, 09:30:32 pm »

Prepare a lawyerese case to bamboozle your own ability.
Live your whole life from now on, calling all guns BB guns, where BB means Blasting-cap based Ballistics. After all, all a bullet is, is merely a pointy metal thing on a little blasting cap... So Blasting-cap based Ballistics, or BB for short, is EVERY GUN.
Am become invincible. Fear me.

An unholy amount of power over Dwarf Fortress games.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2019, 09:56:07 pm »

Be Armok. Collect power from all the death and destruction present in every single Dwarf Fortress world - meaning you're probably gathering the power of several thousand powerful lives each time someone gens up a world, not to mention everything you get during play or when they delete a world. Use the unholy power you gain from these sacrifices to you to conquer Hell and usurp Satan.
Whether you do good stuff or bad stuff from there is up to you.

The ability to retroactively add or remove commas from peoples' speech.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2019, 01:28:09 pm »

You can change people's intentions with this; For instance:
Let's eat, grandpa; Let's eat grandpa.
She enjoys cooking, her family and her dog; She enjoys cooking her family and her dog.
Help, a thief! Help a thief!
I'm sorry, I love you; I'm sorry I love you.
We're going to cut and paste, kids! We're going to cut and paste kids!

Power: The ability to increase or decrease temperatures by one Fahrenheit from what it would be.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2019, 10:22:20 am »

Increase the temperature of the entire earth by 1 degree Fahrenheit. Accelerate global warming.

Increase the temperature of the entire universe by 1 degree Fahrenheit. Temporarily stave off entropy.

Go to a lab where they do science experiments near absolute zero. Warm the sample up a bit. Have them cool it down even more, to mere picokelvins above absolute zero. Remove your power. Have a sample of something nearly 1 degree Fahrenheit below absolute zero. Break physics, universe crashes.

You have a mug that grows when you put coffee in it and shrinks when you take coffee out.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7