Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Necromancer attributes rusting  (Read 956 times)

Conradine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Necromancer attributes rusting
« on: March 07, 2019, 12:30:03 pm »

According to the interaction examples, necromancers should neither gain or lose attributes ( rust ). Yet I've noticed their attributes changes normally ( I'm using adventurer necromancers ). Anyone else noticed? And, there's a way to correct it?

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry for being here, my time machine broke.
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancer attributes rusting
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 07:52:59 pm »

Quoting the wiki: "However, this does not seem to be happening in the current version, probably due to a bug, or it's a design choice. Because let's be honest, just because you're a necromancer doesn't mean you can't learn new things, right?"
And thus was the dwarven meatshield invented.
the child should serve well in the infantry (that is a horrible pun, and I already regret saying it).

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancer attributes rusting
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 05:46:53 am »

According to the interaction examples, necromancers should neither gain or lose attributes ( rust ). Yet I've noticed their attributes changes normally ( I'm using adventurer necromancers ). Anyone else noticed? And, there's a way to correct it?

Well, you can train them. I don't have uncaged necromancers, but my military vampires also do gain attributes and rust. Four main physical attributes (Strength, Agility, Endurance and Toughness) in trained  vampires generally rise over time, Agility in crossbowmen even quite spectacularly. Recuperation and Disease Resistance don't rise, but also don't rust. I suppose you can use the same method for your necromancers.