Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32

Author Topic: Dawnthunder: !!Fun!! with RAWs (succession game)  (Read 101970 times)

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnthunder: !!Fun!! with RAWs (succession game)
« Reply #165 on: March 25, 2019, 10:27:27 pm »

Minor note: You're playing with Phoebus, but you haven't converted the ASCII save to your tileset yet. That's why everything looks strange.

EDIT: I tried to transplant the graphics, twbt_graphics, and twbt_objects folders from another world, and it only partially solved the problem. On one hand, all creatures have their proper sprites now, but on the other, rock still looks wonky.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 10:46:24 pm by methylatedspirit »

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 25, 2019, 11:55:24 pm »

1. Like I said, those tunnels are supposed to have up stairs dug into them so that they can be used to funnel migrants into the fort when the place is under siege or something
2. That drawbridge is supposed to be used to seal away the traders if needed or something
3. I think the child was one of the two dwarves stuck outside the fort in the caverns when I sealed the bridges......

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 26, 2019, 02:29:27 am »

Digging a tunnel there (between the two cisterns) might not be wise.  There is/was that aquifer I had to nibble through in the lower right of the terrarium, and that indicates that there is likely to be pockets of aquifer in that section of map. 

Also, be sure to install doors or floodgates for flooding control, should it ever be necessary to re-mud the terrarium. (It will take several flushings of the big cistern, because I did not calculate its flush needs the way I did for the farm plots. I considered re-mudding that chamber to be sufficiently uncommon to not be worth the effort.)

A future improvement would be to add a floor grate over the tap hole in the cavern lake the suiceway taps into.  Cavern creatures could get flushed in with the current design. (when I did the digging, that part of cavern was not discovered. I was expecting a pocket of aquifer. Instead got cavern lake.)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 26, 2019, 03:21:22 pm »

Good solid start. Things are looking better already.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Vindcara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 31, 2019, 03:28:07 pm »

Sorry for the lazy post, some work stuff came up this week and I just didn't have time to do a proper job. The year was mostly uneventful, but the following images captures pretty much all the important stuff.

Found among legends. Never saw this before, and I thought it was interesting.

The queen must be satisfied.

He did not return.

Zombies can be troublesome.

Quickly put down.

The queen is not satisfied.

The queen is deadly.

Graveyard at the end of the year.

Save: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14320

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 31, 2019, 03:32:53 pm »

Oof. The life expectancy around here is just lousy.

MCreeper, it's all yours!

klonk
Sigtext

Solitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 31, 2019, 03:49:45 pm »

I hope whatever bunring shrapnel I inherit will still be workable. However, I just moved and am not quite situated in my apartment yet, so I might skip my turn, depending on how soon it happens.

Blackchibisan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 31, 2019, 11:51:42 pm »

How do we just keep 'finding' dead dwarves? I mean, really? Can none of you keep an eye on all five dwarves we have remaining? XD

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 01, 2019, 07:17:01 am »

To be fair, one of those dead dwarves I'm pretty sure was one of the two I accidentally locked into the caverns

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 01, 2019, 09:56:01 am »

So I posted on the old forum about this around the time this all got started - fortress mode above about 20 dwarves is unplayable for me - which I expected to be a problem with this succession game - but apparently isn't...

Regardless, I'm going to embark as an adventurer in some sort of parallel timeline, and of course, post the adventure on here. Are there any sights or sites you'd like me to check out? Any clouds of thrawling vapors you'd like me to inhale?

Perhaps more importantly, actually - is there anything you'd like me to avoid? Some !!FUN!! surprises for later - say, like what the Titans are made of.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 10:04:29 am by delphonso »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 01, 2019, 10:00:24 am »

We actually have over 60 living dwarves. It's just that the important ones keep dying on us somehow.

Adventure mode sounds lovely. For sightseeing destinations, I'd suggest you start with the ruined dwarven fortresses in the Beak of Permanencies. Good gear, and perhaps some clues as to the inhabitants' fate...

Thralling vapors? Inhale all of them. Become the unholy demigod you were destined to be.

klonk
Sigtext

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 01, 2019, 10:06:03 am »

I'd suggest you start with the ruined dwarven fortresses in the Beak of Permanencies. Good gear, and perhaps some clues as to the inhabitants' fate...

Urist McArcheologist would be lots of fun.

I used to turn off revealed history for worlds specifically designed for adventure mode. Had to uncover the truth myself. Which I...never would do and always lost interest in, but you know.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 01, 2019, 10:08:20 am »

For some reason, i didn't followed this closely. Picked up save. First thought - "How the hell you get 81 dwarf in reanimating biome?  :o". Second thought - "Why there are nothing to drink?"
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 01, 2019, 10:08:48 am »

Are there necromancer towers anywhere in this world? If so, get the book to attain necromancy, so that you can play a zombie with an undead army.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 10:10:29 am by methylatedspirit »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 01, 2019, 10:53:16 am »

For some reason, i didn't followed this closely. Picked up save. First thought - "How the hell you get 81 dwarf in reanimating biome?  :o". Second thought - "Why there are nothing to drink?"
That... is a pretty accurate summary of our current situation, yes.  ::)

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32