Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wereskinks Fortress  (Read 811 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Wereskinks Fortress
« on: February 26, 2019, 11:08:42 am »

Okay my huge fort was screwed by wereskinks. How do i defend mSelf against a werespiral.

Also There is a few skinks iny Ranks. How do i create a wereskinks Fortress?

Dragonslayerelf

• Bay Watcher
  • Respectable Dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Wereskinks Fortress
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 04:25:59 pm »

If you know you have any dwarves that are definitively not wereskinks, bring them out of the fort and into a burrow with access to food, water, etc, and shut them off to grow a separate fort in the same area. You'll get spammed with 'NO PATH' alerts from your wereskinks in dwarf form, but don't worry about that. From there, you can either A) Nuke all the wereskinks B) Keep the wereskinks as their own population C) Train all the skinks as a captive military only ever released when goblins are near.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 07:50:54 pm »

Thanks.

So ist There a way to have a growing skink Population? A fort of all werecreatures?

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 09:59:55 pm »

Possible, it's just a bit sketchy and grinds to a halt for a few days every month with them breaking stuff, attacking critters, and then gathering their clothes back up and knocking off for a drink before getting back to work.
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 06:59:05 am »

How do you prevent each werebeast-dwarf from killing each other? Every time I had more than one infected dwarf in the same room they would attack each other even when they were infected by the same werebest.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 11:01:07 am »

Notably, werebeasts don't actually need food what with their bellies magically filling every transformation.

Alcohol, of course, no dwarf should ever be without.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2019, 10:51:23 pm »

If you have multiple were-creatures that can see each other when they transform, at least one will be killed each month by the others, until there is only one left. The only way to stop this is to keep them out of sight of each other when they transform (put them in a squad, move them into a room, wall them in, then decide what you want to do with them).
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.