Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 116548 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #1350 on: June 25, 2020, 10:44:38 am »

The bird isn’t a puppet, we can’t have entered its body if it was a puppet

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1351 on: June 25, 2020, 10:55:04 am »

Sure it was. How else could we had used it to carry our snake body or ordered it to fly away? I'm assuming we just turned it into a puppet after we teleroted into the shake. Piecewise probably just skipped the details since they weren't that important.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: June 25, 2020, 12:13:05 pm »

Speaking of which, have we tried telerotting into our own piecewise?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1353 on: June 25, 2020, 12:15:37 pm »

Probably can't do that unless we deanimate him, same as everything else.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: June 26, 2020, 04:09:59 am »

+1 To all the bolded questions.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1355 on: June 26, 2020, 10:25:03 am »

I guess we go about this guys daily activities, and maybe see if he knows how they track people escape.
Yes, consider that. We need to know what we should watch out for. Even if we don't know exactly how they do it, knowing small things like who we're supposed to report to about things like that or how such things were detected/handled in the past might help.

Also, is there any way we could legally gain access to the main offices? You know, to lodge a complaint or to report something or to make a phone call or to visit the infirmary?
The infirmary will probably be dangerous since we run a risk of someone checking our pulse, but it's nice to know our options.

Who handles the cleaning/maintenance of the main offices and sector A? If it's prisoners we might be able to get them to smuggle something.

Order the bird to find us a mouse or other small animal, just in case we need one later. Also make sure the bird is well hidden or maybe give it a command to fly away and find another hiding spot if something approaches it, we don't want it getting eaten by a cat or something.

What are our options in terms of ways to get our minions around the place without attracting attention? Could mice or other small animals move around on the outside without attracting too much attention? Are there vents or sewers or dungeons? Are the windows/doors usually open and could small animals pass through them?

Do prisoners of block A get to use the yard like everyone else?

What about windows? Do prisoner rooms have windows? Do their doors have windows a small animal could pass through?

You lace up your boots, sitting on the edge of the bed, and consider further questions.

You -he- doesn't really know how they track escaped prisoners. Its only happened once in his time here and that was a prison break from the inside. They just tracked the guy down with dogs that time. Only took a few hours after the guy was discovered missing.  As per who to report it to, you -he- would report it to the ward boss, who would then report it to the warden.

The main building here has several levels, with the bottom two being the normal guard barracks, lunch room, storage, infirmary etc. The third and fourth floors are administration and a few high value prisoner cells for those that the bosses want to keep very close. Further up, 5 and 6th floors, are basically the main "Guard tower", all the lights, observation walkways, shooting positions, etc. Its where you came in through. As a guard your presence anywhere in this building wouldn't be completely out of the ordinary but on the 3rd and 4th floors you'd have no real excuse to be hanging around, let alone digging through offices. You could definitely get in with paper work or some excuse- actually you could probably just walk in and act like you were there for a reason -but you would be limited in what you could do in front of prying eyes without people getting suspicious.

The janitorial staff is made up of "Good Behavior" prisoners with the lead being a non-prisoner janitor. The non-prisoner handles the admin building, the prisoners their own wards.

You order the bird to do get you a mouse. You stick it with the racoon.

The only underground works are septic tanks and the like, nothing useful to infiltrate through...least nothing He knew about. However, this prison is out in the middle nowhere wilderness; a mouse scrambling over the wall and into the yards wouldn't be any kind of strange....though if it had a necromantic tether to it, that could be highly suspicious if the wrong person saw it. You check yourself and find there is already a tether connecting you to your bird puppet. You quickly search your memory for "watchers" that this man knew about and find that there's an anima lens up on the 6th floor; something that would let someone see not only the anima but any necromantic tethers. It is apparently checked once a day, though you're not sure when...

You think. Block A's regs aren't something you're super versed on but....you think that they use the yard in a staggered schedule, a few at a time.

Prisoners do have windows, except in the high value cells up in the admin building. Those are solid stone and steel. The wards are basically long halls, single storied, with the cells arranged on either side, so the rows of windows to the cells look out into the yards. These windows have both a latices of bars and reinforced glass to stop anything getting into or out of them.

You start your shift, running basically on auto pilot using the man's memories. Its easy...boring even. You get some food then you walk the ward in shifts, checking to make sure everything is ok with the prisoners. You're in a group with 3 others, and you take turns walking in pairs every half an hour, doing a full cycle of the ward and then back to the guard room. You honestly spend most of your time just sitting around.  This ward is quiet: white collar criminals, embezzlers, forgers, etc. Not the violent type.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: June 27, 2020, 04:29:31 am »

We should sever the tether to the bird quickly before anyone notices it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1357 on: June 27, 2020, 06:27:34 am »

But leave it near the raccoon so we can reactivate it later, if needed.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: June 27, 2020, 06:30:48 am »

Shouldn't lose too many options by severing the tie. If we need it again we can pretend to go to sleep and then telerot.

Think it would be worth trying to subtly sabotage that anima lens? I presume that it's fragile e as equipment and maybe it could look like accidental damage. But it's probably also risky to mess with.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1359 on: June 30, 2020, 09:35:37 am »

You sever the connection to the hawk. If all else fails you can now just telerot straight to it.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: July 01, 2020, 06:18:13 am »

We should look through this guys memories and see if he ever leaves the prison.

Also see if he knows how close we can get to the magic anima lens thing with out suspicion.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1361 on: July 03, 2020, 09:42:28 am »

We should look through this guys memories and see if he ever leaves the prison.

Also see if he knows how close we can get to the magic anima lens thing with out suspicion.
According to his memories he works here for about 6 months of the year and lives the rest of it in a nearby city. He doesn't really leave the prison during his working time. Nothing around here to do and nowhere to go in the great open wilderness.

The anima lens is on the top level of the admin building. He could go up there basically unmolested  and even get right up to the lens without issue. But that level is always occupied by guards keeping watch, especially during the day when the yard time is rotating round the various wards. At night its less occupied but there's still at least one person always up there.

Yard time for these prisoners is in about an hour and you're supposed to head out with them and keep watch over their activities.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: July 04, 2020, 05:47:56 am »

Lets keep doing this guys job, then once his shift is over we can figure out what we might be able to get away with.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1363 on: July 07, 2020, 07:29:56 am »

Lets keep doing this guys job, then once his shift is over we can figure out what we might be able to get away with.
You go through a whole day from this point on. Watch the prisoners file out into the yard and stand guard over them as they mill about. You bring them back in and feed them lunch. And then you watch over them until sometime after dinner when the next shift relieves you.

From here you have a few options: There's the barracks again, the break room thats also in the admin tower, and the cafeteria. You could also just wander about; you don't think anyone will stop you so long as you don't walk anywhere you're clearly not supposed to be.

You begin to wonder if you can just kill a guard that looks over the right ward and use them. But what to do with this bucket of bones then?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: July 07, 2020, 08:08:09 am »

Do we have enough stuff to even kill another person?

Also where did everybody else go?
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 94