Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 116444 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #1080 on: March 24, 2020, 11:37:35 am »

Send rats through the sewer system to climb/swim up to the toilets while keeping track of their location. They'll very carefully take a look around and come back. Then they'll report about the kind of restroom they arrived at. The most lavish and least dirty and most private is likely to belong to the most important person/people. And their office can't be far.

That's-- brilliant. And devious. And brilliant. Yes. +1
+1

+1.

we have a winner
+1 we need to have a way of knowing if they get to the prison or not, I imagine the sewer system is huge

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: March 24, 2020, 02:18:46 pm »

Send rats through the sewer system to climb/swim up to the toilets while keeping track of their location. They'll very carefully take a look around and come back. Then they'll report about the kind of restroom they arrived at. The most lavish and least dirty and most private is likely to belong to the most important person/people. And their office can't be far.

That's-- brilliant. And devious. And brilliant. Yes. +1
+1

+1.

we have a winner
+1 we need to have a way of knowing if they get to the prison or not, I imagine the sewer system is huge

I think we're just looking in a checkpoint right now. Can anyone confirm that?

On an unrelated note, NG's avatar is GLaDOS. Somebody get me a substitute core just in case, willya?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: March 24, 2020, 02:59:58 pm »

I have a rotating avatar, GLaDOS is just one of the incarnations
Since it is a checkpoint, we ar going to need a different plan, unfortunately I can’t think of one right now

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: March 24, 2020, 06:12:20 pm »

I have a rotating avatar, GLaDOS is just one of the incarnations
Since it is a checkpoint, we ar going to need a different plan, unfortunately I can’t think of one right now

No, I think this plan might work for the checkpoint too, since we will need to find out what room is owned by the head honcho there to find the documents.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1084 on: March 25, 2020, 10:33:27 am »

I'm in talks with Paris about the exact details of his action, will post soon.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: March 25, 2020, 10:35:07 am »

Got it.

Hey, didn't Paris come up with a significant portion of the Axminster plan too? It seems they're our resident mastermind.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1086 on: March 25, 2020, 12:16:59 pm »

So paris didn't understand that the checkpoint is way out in the boonies, basically just servicing that prison.  Hence a place that might not have direct sewer access.

The new plan, as he outlined, is to use an animated bird to carry an animated rat over to the checkpoint from a long distance. The bird will drop the rat onto the main building at night, and the rat will then scurry in and try to find the documents we need. If its successful, it will memorize the info we need, then scurry back to the roof and be exfiltrated by the bird. From there it will return to us and transcribe the info.  This is all assuming that everything goes well and that it can actually get into the...whatever it is that is holding that info. Its important to remember at this point that puppets are obedient but not very good at problem solving, while those creatures animated with spirits are smarter, but less obedient.

I bring this up because while we can get away with a puppet bird, that rat could be either a puppet or an actual spirit animated construct.

Thoughts? Additions?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: March 25, 2020, 12:37:28 pm »

So paris didn't understand that the checkpoint is way out in the boonies, basically just servicing that prison.  Hence a place that might not have direct sewer access.

The new plan, as he outlined, is to use an animated bird to carry an animated rat over to the checkpoint from a long distance. The bird will drop the rat onto the main building at night, and the rat will then scurry in and try to find the documents we need. If its successful, it will memorize the info we need, then scurry back to the roof and be exfiltrated by the bird. From there it will return to us and transcribe the info.  This is all assuming that everything goes well and that it can actually get into the...whatever it is that is holding that info. Its important to remember at this point that puppets are obedient but not very good at problem solving, while those creatures animated with spirits are smarter, but less obedient.

I bring this up because while we can get away with a puppet bird, that rat could be either a puppet or an actual spirit animated construct.

Thoughts? Additions?
I’m thinking we should put a spirit into the rat

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: March 26, 2020, 05:16:20 am »

A spirit in a rat sounds like a good plan.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: March 26, 2020, 08:55:32 am »

Spirit rat, puppet bird, enact Parisbre Plan II. How far can this bird fly? Indefinite since it's undead and doesn't need (material) food?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 08:57:16 am by Eschar »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1090 on: March 26, 2020, 05:39:18 pm »

As an addition: We have a relatively high quality crab spirit in one of our skeleton that we have further enhanced by combining it with another spirit. Furthermore, we have the ability to transfer spirits from one animated body to another. So I suggest we remove the crab spirit (which we shall name Mr. Crab) from the skeleton and try putting it in a rat/mouse if it looks like it can contain it. That way, not only will it have a higher chance of completing its mission but when it's done we can just put it back into its skeleton and have it transcribe things or even answer some questions. Make sure it's well fed and understands that it should do its best to remain unseen while trying to find the information. Also make sure to state its objective in a way it understands.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: March 26, 2020, 06:12:07 pm »

As an addition: We have a relatively high quality crab spirit in one of our skeleton that we have further enhanced by combining it with another spirit. Furthermore, we have the ability to transfer spirits from one animated body to another. So I suggest we remove the crab spirit (which we shall name Mr. Crab) from the skeleton and try putting it in a rat/mouse if it looks like it can contain it. That way, not only will it have a higher chance of completing its mission but when it's done we can just put it back into its skeleton and have it transcribe things or even answer some questions. Make sure it's well fed and understands that it should do its best to remain unseen while trying to find the information. Also make sure to state its objective in a way it understands.

+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: March 26, 2020, 07:46:58 pm »

+1, if the crab spirit turns out to be too big, we should put it back into the skeleton and put one of the others inside

+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: March 27, 2020, 03:21:52 am »

+1, if the crab spirit turns out to be too big, we should put it back into the skeleton and put one of the others inside

+1
+1 But I think we should name it Mr. Crabs instead.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: March 27, 2020, 10:28:38 am »

Also, after creating Birdcrab, send him out and back once to tell us the general guard amount/layout/patrol routes of the checkpoint. Do this before sending him with Ratwise.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 02:04:07 pm by Eschar »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 94