Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 116903 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #645 on: October 12, 2019, 11:32:42 am »

Hey so, I'm all for our gung-ho ends justify the means 'tude, but the last guys were, uh, not really bad guys. We didn't get any impression of badness from them, no memories of beatings to the townsfolk or enforcing party lines, just like, some dudes.

Once again if we vote to go full-on villian-with-a-cause mode I can play that game well, but just puttin' it out there for consideration. The guys on the lower rungs seem like just dudes with jobs.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: October 12, 2019, 11:36:50 am »

Right, we will need to target people of higher rank

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 12, 2019, 11:43:32 am »

Fair point (and why I suggested some sort of memorial for those guards.) Indeed, the Vulcan Murder Meld is particularly suited to higher-ranking officials, as permanent.murder of them would cause much consternation.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: October 12, 2019, 12:31:51 pm »

If we could employ the services of a skilled physician, we could abduct higher ranking officials and go with a "capture and release" style of intel gathering.

This way we would have more time to peruse memories. If we don't get what we want on the first dive, we can just knock the asshole out again. Also, no alarms raised due to dead generals or whatever.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: October 12, 2019, 12:42:50 pm »

If we could employ the services of a skilled physician, we could abduct higher ranking officials and go with a "capture and release" style of intel gathering.

This way we would have more time to peruse memories. If we don't get what we want on the first dive, we can just knock the asshole out again. Also, no alarms raised due to dead generals or whatever.
Now we need to figure out how to get a physician to work with us, or steal the memories of a physician

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: October 12, 2019, 01:39:47 pm »

Now we need to figure out how to get a physician to work with us, or steal the memories of a physician

... assuming there is some way of killing a person that won't still cause problems when they're resuscitated.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: October 12, 2019, 01:42:00 pm »

... assuming there is some way of killing a person that won't still cause problems when they're resuscitated.

I mean yeah, that is physically/medically possible.

I vote we find one. We will need to be extracting memories while our "Doctor" makes sure the subject doesn't expire permanently.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: October 12, 2019, 01:58:52 pm »

I'm confused. When was it established that we can "resuscitate" dead people?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: October 12, 2019, 02:02:59 pm »

it hasn't been, we need to test this

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: October 12, 2019, 02:09:28 pm »

Regular doctor people can resuscitate dead people, provided they were made dead in a controlled manner.

Stop their heart for like 10s, etc.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: October 12, 2019, 02:10:00 pm »

Ahh, that makes more sense.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: October 12, 2019, 02:50:52 pm »

It's questionable if that counts as death for our purposes. In order to hoover up memories, we need them to be soul dead, which I'm gonna say is probably not reversible. Even if a mage-doctor put the body back together perfectly, the resulting living being would be missing its Anima parts, which are now floating scattered around and being eaten by fishies.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #657 on: October 12, 2019, 04:05:30 pm »

Also, we've already tested Piecewise. He can talk but he just repeats things or says things we know.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: October 13, 2019, 08:15:56 am »

Also, we've already tested Piecewise. He can talk but he just repeats things or says things we know.
Yes. He told us to be careful, so maybe we should check outside to see if anyone is nearby

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: October 13, 2019, 06:57:28 pm »

Yes. He told us to be careful, so maybe we should check outside to see if anyone is nearby
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 94