Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 117028 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #435 on: August 07, 2019, 05:08:56 pm »

"Say, are these guys worth anything to us alive? Piecewise could probably knock 'em out pretty fast if need be..."
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 07, 2019, 05:13:43 pm »

Let's keep Esme at distance/lookout and see if piecewise and ourselves can handle the wetwork.

"Say, are these guys worth anything to us alive? Piecewise could probably knock 'em out pretty fast if need be..."
No, probably not, unless one turns out to be unique gifted somehow. Nothing they can tell us that we can't learn from devouring their souls as it is.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 07, 2019, 06:01:24 pm »

Let's keep Esme at distance/lookout and see if piecewise and ourselves can handle the wetwork.

No, probably not, unless one turns out to be unique gifted somehow. Nothing they can tell us that we can't learn from devouring their souls as it is.
+1

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 07, 2019, 09:05:54 pm »

Hmm, taking down five quickly might be hard with our current resources. Unless...

Hmm, maybe we should get something like a stake that we can stick into a body quickly and use as the core for a puppet. Gives us another option for use in combat.

What we do should depend on how many we have to take out, so let's plan to scope that first. If it's only two or three, we can probably shiv them quickly and quietly between ourself and Piecewise. If it's more, things will probably get loud anyway so we should use the gun.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 08, 2019, 04:02:36 am »

Hmm, taking down five quickly might be hard with our current resources. Unless...

Hmm, maybe we should get something like a stake that we can stick into a body quickly and use as the core for a puppet. Gives us another option for use in combat.

What we do should depend on how many we have to take out, so let's plan to scope that first. If it's only two or three, we can probably shiv them quickly and quietly between ourself and Piecewise. If it's more, things will probably get loud anyway so we should use the gun.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 08, 2019, 07:39:08 am »

+1
+1

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 08, 2019, 11:33:34 am »

+1
+1

+1, also have Esme at range to reduce the risk of losing our main protector/source of information/link to Kelley

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #442 on: August 10, 2019, 10:08:08 am »

"Well, thats reasonable. If you like I guess we can just go stake it out and make a plan once the number of soldiers is known.  As per a melee weapon for you that you can use as a core....Not sure. Does that trick of yours work if they're still alive?"

You respond that you're not really sure.

"Hmm then probably any reasonably sized knife could work, assuming you can get it into their heart or throat or somewhere it will kill them pretty quick. But even a knife to the heart takes 20-30 seconds to kill, sometimes a lot longer depending. If that reanimation doesn't work on still living tissue then a stab and control combo might not be very practical. Anyways, I got an old bayonet, one of those triangular spike types that only works as a bayonet and not as a knife.  Would that be good enough for your purposes?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 10, 2019, 10:26:59 am »

Yes, that seems good
Begin the stakeout

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 10, 2019, 10:31:47 am »

Doesn't have to be the same tool that kills and gets used as the core. The point is that the goal is to make corpses. If we successfully make one or two corpses but hit an obstacle before finishing the rest, it'll be worth having something on hand to quickly turn a corpse into a combat asset.
For that purpose... Just about anything we can shove into the body quickly should work.

Say that we hit three soldiers in the street. Piecewise takes down one with his knife and the other two back off into a warehouse. We know they're cornered, but they have SMGs and are ready to shoot at whatever comes in and we don't want to risk ourself or our most valuable minion in an assault. We could make a puppet of the one soldier we downed and have a somewhat expendable body to attract fire so that we can finish off the rest before backup comes.

We'll take the bayonet and keep it on our person.

Additional question: we got just one revolver, right? Do we want to carry that ourself or give it to Piecewise? The skeleton will probably be more precise with it, but maybe we want a decent weapon to protect our own squishy ass.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 10, 2019, 11:21:16 am »

On the subject of knife-staking... a brain-stab should kill pretty quick yes? Stab somebody through the eye, twist the knife around a bit, pull it out again, then do the heart-stake thing.

Also:
Keep the revolver. Ask Esme to help us assimilate some material on marksmanship before we go.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 10, 2019, 12:29:42 pm »

I mean how dead does something need to be? You can stab em in the brain, but body itself is alive for a while after. We could always save the last guy for experiments. Stab the dude and try and turn him before he's dead-dead. Go full-on mad necromantic scientist.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 10, 2019, 12:40:11 pm »

I mean, we can animate things that were never alive, and things that used to be alive are generally more functional than those. If it works on random inanimate objects, the power isn't specific to corpses and should be possible to at least try using it on something alive. Though it's possible that the living body will be able to resist some, close enough to dead should be, well, close enough to dead. It's probably more important that the body isn't resisting the anima linkage than that the brain is all the way gone. Hell, I'd bet that someone in a coma would make a good subject over all.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #448 on: August 10, 2019, 03:45:52 pm »

We could just reanimate their clothes while they're still alive and have them move the body around. Dunno how practical it would be, but it sounds fun.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 11, 2019, 07:07:29 am »

On the subject of knife-staking... a brain-stab should kill pretty quick yes? Stab somebody through the eye, twist the knife around a bit, pull it out again, then do the heart-stake thing.

Also:
Keep the revolver. Ask Esme to help us assimilate some material on marksmanship before we go.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 94