Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 116698 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #720 on: November 03, 2019, 07:38:58 pm »

Well, we could pull their cores out simply enough. They might just protest. Should have PW do the deed, just to be safe.

That, or take them all with. Nothing wrong with a few extra pairs of eyes. Or eye sockets. Just provided we can disguise them well enough, and make sure to keep them close.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 03, 2019, 07:44:26 pm »

+1 to taking them with, we can go to the armorer again, right?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 03, 2019, 07:46:57 pm »

Our skeletons can be folded up into their component parts, yes? Just disassemble and stuff 'em all in good tight bags, like we did with Piecewise in the briefcase that one time.

We can leave them behind, and even if they do go feral they'll hardly be in a position to wreak havoc.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 03, 2019, 08:49:51 pm »

...Citation needed. They'll totally break out of those bags and murder Esme in her sleep in we do that, is what I'm saying.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 03, 2019, 08:55:26 pm »

So we need better bags. Could get a safe or something, even.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: November 04, 2019, 01:31:32 am »

I don't think we should risk them going feral, and just turn them off.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 04, 2019, 08:31:05 am »

I’m not sure we can just turn them off. They are not Piecewise. They are not puppets

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 04, 2019, 01:24:21 pm »

I mean even if we put em in a safe, the second we open that safe after coming back they will be either dead or lunge at everyone in the room.

Oh hey, we could do that on purpose and put the safe somewhere we want to cause damage when it gets opened. Fill a safe or something with like 20 skeletons, then leave em for a week or so. It's like a bomb made out of their own friends.

Anyway we should either destroy them or bring them.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: November 04, 2019, 02:16:48 pm »

I think we should bring them

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 05, 2019, 02:23:52 am »

Turning them off doesn't sound that hard, because we can just pull out their souls the spirit we put in them.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: November 05, 2019, 12:02:15 pm »

If we do that, we probably won’t get them back. Plus I feel like taking them away from their bodies is cheating them. We force them into a body that they can use, on.y to tear them out without letting them see the world in their bodies? We don’t know if they can communicate with other phantoms and they could tell others that we aren’t reliable

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 05, 2019, 01:27:53 pm »

That's fair. The creatures themselves have given no indication of being anything more than basic in terms of intelligence, but we don't really know.

NOT bringing them is certainly the safest in terms of stealth, but also bringing them would provide more ability to defend ourselves in case something went down. Of course it's been made clear that we aren't breaking into this place by force, so stealth seems our only option.

Therefore, we should leave them. Since our only option under that logic is to deactivate or destroy them, I vote we attempt to deactivate them by removing the spirits.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #732 on: November 05, 2019, 06:44:02 pm »

Actually, what we were told was that Esme wouldn't be helping us if we chose to attack. There's nothing preventing us from attacking. In fact, if that place is isolated and undefended, it could be a great place to start zombie army.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 05, 2019, 10:32:26 pm »

This game's mechanics seem designed to discourage the classic zombie snowball. We get a choice between minions that will break our brain if we make too many, and minions which will go berserk if we don't feed them, and both of them will tire us out from making them.

Though it still might be viable to attack. We just want to be prepared, with fewer more powerful bodies rather than many weak ones.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #734 on: November 06, 2019, 04:51:38 am »

I disagree. We can kill things and eat their brainz memories to recover our power and feed our minions. So really, the only limit is that we can't be an evil lich, hiding in our tower, commanding self-replicating hordes of undead, we actually have to be near the front lines. Hmmm... Unless...

Command a skeleton to kill one of those test animals we purchased and then eat its memories. Then try to extract said memories from the skeleton or have the skeleton regurgitate them or something. Is such second-hand feeding possible?

If that works, then the next step is investigating phantom reproduction to see if we can split an overfed phantom into two and have one go to a reanimated corpse. That would probably require special "Commander" zombies that have necromancy rings.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 94