Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 116692 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #705 on: October 29, 2019, 12:11:26 pm »

So... is anyone else here opposed to the punching of homeless people just on principle of "not punching random innocent homeless people"? Because... that'd be a pretty firm push from "hero" to "villain", ethics-wise.
Yes, I am opposed to punching innocents. We should limit the killing to our enemies

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #706 on: October 29, 2019, 12:40:31 pm »

Well, I wouldn't say villain. But maybe pragmatist or without ethics. I mean, what did they ever do to us? We just woke up, we don't know anything, we're not even human. What are they to us?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: October 29, 2019, 02:09:26 pm »

Oh come on, we're balking at punching the homeless now? Hey, remember those 3 dudes we murdered and skinned who turned out to have no perceptible evil motivations?

I hope the one guy's little sibling doesn't starve since he suddenly stopped getting money sent home from the city. Maybe the next check was the rent check. Hell, they probably won't ever know what happened to him, since we literally devoured everything he ever was or will be just to see if we could. We abandoned ethics long ago.

Anyway, I did mean practice punching baddies until they explode like a peep in the microwave, not homeless people. Unless homeless people turn out to be baddies. -1 to homeless murder, +1 to five-finger-death punch.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: October 30, 2019, 12:41:57 am »

If everybodies gonna get all weird about punching hobos, why don't find some drug dealers and gang members and punch them until they explode?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: October 30, 2019, 01:04:14 am »

If everybodies gonna get all weird about punching hobos, why don't find some drug dealers and gang members and punch them until they explode?

Better.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: October 30, 2019, 08:33:36 am »

Better.
+1

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #711 on: October 30, 2019, 09:58:59 am »

Tell Esme, see if she knows anything about Axminster and see if her research has uncovered anything.
Ask her if anyone is still alive that might recognize us!Kelley (this was in an earlier post but didn't happen in the turn.)
Look through news archives (we're in a library after all) to find any mentions of inexplicable things happening near Axminster.
Look in the same archives for any things that happened in the recent or otherwise past at that hotel we woke up at.

Look for any disturbances in the anima for indications of where our early-morning message might have come from (although they're probably gone by now.)

+1
+1
+1
it is a bit hard to tell how much support the punch person plan has, as people seem to be backing it in part or with modification. This action on the other hand has several people backing it, so I'm gonna go with this.

You ask Esme about Axminster while also giving her the information you've found.

"Relatively small coastal town, makes most of its money through fishing. We were aware there was some government facility up there, but not what it was. That should help things because we already have some of the convoys to it mapped, so to speak. Now we just need to figure out the source and see if we can slip you in there. Otherwise we'll have to do it somewhere along the way.  The good news is I think we already  have a pretty solid lead on that; there's a prison not far from there where they put 'political prisoners' among other undesirables. Sounds like a perfect source of human subjects to me."

You then ask her if people would recognize you as being Kelley.

"Maybe. You look like him, albeit a younger version. I think someone who knew him when he was younger would see it but you don't resemble the wanted posters and propaganda that much. He has a beard in those."

You check the news archives for strange happenings around Axminster. For the most part the town doesn't really show up in the news; as you'd expect for a little coastal fishing village. However, there is one interesting article from several years ago. The headline is "Strange lights and flying creatures over Axminster!" and the article is really just repeating that sentiment with various eye witness accounts. Judging by the somewhat varied accounts, the creatures they're mentioning sound like phantoms.

The hotel only shows up a few times, for its opening and closing mostly, but the only other significant event is a raid there by government forces some time ago. No mention as to why.

If there were traces or disturbances, they're gone now.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: October 30, 2019, 01:49:41 pm »

I almost want to just go visit the town and ask around, in light of the idea that we don't look enough like Alexander to trip any alarms.

Still risky. But it would be a great opportunity to explore the world around us, as well. Get some fresh perspectives.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: October 30, 2019, 02:12:32 pm »

I almost want to just go visit the town and ask around, in light of the idea that we don't look enough like Alexander to trip any alarms.

Still risky. But it would be a great opportunity to explore the world around us, as well. Get some fresh perspectives.
+1

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: October 30, 2019, 04:10:01 pm »

+1

+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: October 31, 2019, 02:38:02 am »

+1

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #716 on: November 03, 2019, 07:45:10 am »

You search around a bit and ask Esme about going to Axminster. She tells you that a scouting mission like that would be fine but also warns you to lay low.

"Don't do anything that would cause one of the local soldiers to remember you. Last thing you need is someone recognizing your 'body' when you infiltrate. Or worse yet, sending reports around about a 'suspicious person' and getting recognized back here. Do your best to stay as anonymous as you are right now; its a very useful asset"

She gives you some cash and points you towards the train station. She starts to explain the way to get to Axminster but you tell her you know the way, thanks to your stolen memories. You set about to prepare for your trip and Esme reminds you to do something about those spirit skeletons of yours: if you're gonna be gone for more than a day or two they'll start getting hungry and won't be able to effectively feed on your mana from a distance like that. She doesn't want them going feral on the library patrons.

What are you going to bring with you? And what will be done with your minions while you are away?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: November 03, 2019, 07:51:52 am »

Lets deactivate all the minions but piecewise, as for the stuff we bring with us I say we bring a handgun, piecewise, some clothing, and whatever else will make us look like a normal train passenger.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: November 03, 2019, 08:42:46 am »

Lets deactivate all the minions but piecewise, as for the stuff we bring with us I say we bring a handgun, piecewise, some clothing, and whatever else will make us look like a normal train passenger.

+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: November 03, 2019, 09:12:30 am »

Im not sure we can simply deactivate the phantoms, they are not like piecewise
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 94