Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 116647 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #1290 on: June 08, 2020, 08:10:55 pm »

I mean, my previous suggestion should be tempered with the idea that if she is some kind of unstable psycho that legit needs to be in prison, we should feel free to eat her mind and scoot on out of there.

But she could be a powerful ally. Depending on the amount of work she did with Alexander we could also learn more about ourselves, or conduct research thereof.

Keep in mind our memory absorption is imperfect. We would gain the technicalities, but having a trained researcher or whatever she is with expertise in the field of necromancy could be invaluable.
i agree she would be a powerful ally.

We seem to have absorbed three whole lifetimes just fine. Even if we didn't gain everything in perfect detail, we would be gaining a whole lot of information, so reliable that it will feel like our own life.
and if we do that a lot, we might forget who/what we are

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: June 08, 2020, 08:17:38 pm »

What we are? What are we? When we were born, we had no memory and no particular goal. If we are anything, we are those three guards we killed.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: June 08, 2020, 08:20:07 pm »

We are whatever we want to be.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: June 08, 2020, 08:47:18 pm »

Until we have too many memories yammering at us, in which case we will be Alphira Sol.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: June 08, 2020, 08:54:12 pm »

It doesn't seem to always be practical. We got bits and pieces of lifetimes, but I don't know if we'd be able to absorb a lifetime of study and technical expertise and then utilize it the same way the original owner would.

Unless she's some sort of danger, let's recruit her. Also, she can do research or whatevs while we do other things. More warm bodies is good.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: June 08, 2020, 08:54:54 pm »

warm bodies bad. more cold bodies

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: June 08, 2020, 10:41:25 pm »

I’m with the llama here, why kill her when she’s a potential ally?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1297 on: June 09, 2020, 02:48:05 am »

Actually, our memory absorption is perfect or at least pretty good when it comes to humans. The problem you're thinking of is Esme's book knowledge transferral, where just getting dry knowledge from the book without any experience to go with it left us with the need to construct that experience for ourselves.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: June 09, 2020, 05:13:43 am »

I say we kill her and eat he memories, and I doubt they'd look into it to hard as guards killing political prisoners is something seems like it happens a lot.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1299 on: June 11, 2020, 09:23:01 am »

Bump

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: June 11, 2020, 10:12:04 am »

I think she’ll be more useful alive than dead. Why kill her when she can help us?

We could ask her what she knows of the Projects we found info on

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: June 12, 2020, 01:16:05 am »

But how would we get her out of the prison, I doubt we're that good a bullshitting to talk our asses out of there with a prisoner.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1302 on: June 12, 2020, 11:06:47 am »

One gruesome alternative would be to poison their food supply with something slow acting and/or psychoactive. There's chaos, maybe some rioting, lots of people die, we swoop in and slurp her memories along with anything else we want, stab ourselves and make it look like a prisoner did it and then jump to another body in some safehouse. However I don't think Esme would approve of indiscriminate murder.

I don't think we should tell any lies but we shouldn't be too forward either, in case one of those people that can see the past come to investigate. We should say we're working against the state and want her for information. Promise to keep her safe and snuggle her off the country (assuming Esme can arrange for that). If she agrees to that, I think we should just go with breaking her out, along with some other prisoners to make it look like she got out in the chaos of an unrelated prison break. Maybe some of the prisoner names we got are of people belonging to some kind of Mafia-like organization that would be likely to break them out, so by letting them leave we can deflect some suspicion. Then once we get her out safely we can have a normal conversation without risking someone overhearing us. And if things go sideways we can always fall back on the "eat her memories" plan.

What kind of options do we have for breaking someone out? Could we steal a gateway vehicle from someone and get away with it? Or maybe kill a horse and keep it nearby to carry her away? How about explosives, could we use those to break a wall down like they do in westerns?

Finally, in order to avoid communication problems with Esme, could we safely leave a skull or head or something back in the library, in case we ever want to leave but also have a messenger there that can do better than screeching? I'm thinking we give her a small bone hidden in a ring or locket or sock or something like that that can be on her at all times and vibrate to let her know we want to call, maybe even give her some information about the reason we're calling depending on how it moves. Then depending on circumstances we either take over the skull and have a face to face conversation or we command it to speak. Maybe two skulls so we can have one for taking over and another for commanding.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: June 12, 2020, 12:51:51 pm »

I think Esme and is already discussed the anesthetic plan, yes breaking her out sounds like a plan’
One gruesome alternative would be to poison their food supply with something slow acting and/or psychoactive. There's chaos, maybe some rioting, lots of people die, we swoop in and slurp her memories along with anything else we want, stab ourselves and make it look like a prisoner did it and then jump to another body in some safehouse. However I don't think Esme would approve of indiscriminate murder.

I don't think we should tell any lies but we shouldn't be too forward either, in case one of those people that can see the past come to investigate. We should say we're working against the state and want her for information. Promise to keep her safe and snuggle her off the country (assuming Esme can arrange for that). If she agrees to that, I think we should just go with breaking her out, along with some other prisoners to make it look like she got out in the chaos of an unrelated prison break. Maybe some of the prisoner names we got are of people belonging to some kind of Mafia-like organization that would be likely to break them out, so by letting them leave we can deflect some suspicion. Then once we get her out safely we can have a normal conversation without risking someone overhearing us. And if things go sideways we can always fall back on the "eat her memories" plan.

What kind of options do we have for breaking someone out? Could we steal a gateway vehicle from someone and get away with it? Or maybe kill a horse and keep it nearby to carry her away? How about explosives, could we use those to break a wall down like they do in westerns?

Finally, in order to avoid communication problems with Esme, could we safely leave a skull or head or something back in the library, in case we ever want to leave but also have a messenger there that can do better than screeching? I'm thinking we give her a small bone hidden in a ring or locket or sock or something like that that can be on her at all times and vibrate to let her know we want to call, maybe even give her some information about the reason we're calling depending on how it moves. Then depending on circumstances we either take over the skull and have a face to face conversation or we command it to speak. Maybe two skulls so we can have one for taking over and another for commanding.

+1 to the bolded plan

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: June 12, 2020, 04:04:56 pm »

+1 to the above, but despite my vote for keeping her alive we should be ready to kill her if needed. I say we do our best to ascertain her threat to us before deciding.

If we can sneak in, we can observe. We can perhaps leave notes in her cell asking questions. If she shows any indication of being of use, we can save her. Otherwise, off her.

I feel like the overall idea is to be better than the bad guys. Killing anyone we find simply because it's more convenient sort of makes us the bad guys.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 94