Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 116644 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #1275 on: June 04, 2020, 10:05:18 am »

Hmm. Well, since whatever body we use is going to be undead anyway, the snake could still work. Get a dead venomous snake and inject whatever substance we're using into it. This presumably wouldn't be harmful to the body, because it's already dead anyway. Only issue is getting a snake which can carry enough venom without being too conspicuous.

Another option would be using a rodent body and just carrying the payload on its back or something. But a rat with a syringe tied to its back would be pretty noticeable, I'd think.

And then, maybe there's weirder options. Animate a moth doused in anesthetic and fly into someone's snoring mouth? That would almost certainly result in the death of that body, and I'm not sure how well our soul fits into something that small. Maybe it's workable if we're a rodent body and the moth is a puppet? It's not like we're forced to rely only on our swapping power, so puppets are on the table. Puppet hawk carrying us in the form of a rat, in turn carrying a puppet moth?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: June 04, 2020, 10:38:02 am »

Sounds like a good plan, where to get anesthetics?
Don’t say these r act words, I worded them badly

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: June 05, 2020, 05:14:45 am »

Lets go with that plan, and we can get the anesthetics from a hospital.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1278 on: June 06, 2020, 06:36:39 am »

Test how fast we can switch bodies. Could we switch bodies if someone is about to harm us? I'm thinking, we don't know what happens if the body we're in gets harmed. We don't know if we have a core or something like that. So it might be best to leave a body the moment things get too dangerous.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: June 07, 2020, 02:19:24 am »

That's probably a good think to know before we go out and start using it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1280 on: June 08, 2020, 12:50:16 pm »

Test how fast we can switch bodies. Could we switch bodies if someone is about to harm us? I'm thinking, we don't know what happens if the body we're in gets harmed. We don't know if we have a core or something like that. So it might be best to leave a body the moment things get too dangerous.
You test this a few times. You think you can switch bodies within maybe a second or two. Distance doesn't seem to matter in terms of how fast the switch is either.

Lets go with that plan, and we can get the anesthetics from a hospital.
Sounds like a good plan, where to get anesthetics?
Don’t say these r act words, I worded them badly

Hmm. Well, since whatever body we use is going to be undead anyway, the snake could still work. Get a dead venomous snake and inject whatever substance we're using into it. This presumably wouldn't be harmful to the body, because it's already dead anyway. Only issue is getting a snake which can carry enough venom without being too conspicuous.

Another option would be using a rodent body and just carrying the payload on its back or something. But a rat with a syringe tied to its back would be pretty noticeable, I'd think.

And then, maybe there's weirder options. Animate a moth doused in anesthetic and fly into someone's snoring mouth? That would almost certainly result in the death of that body, and I'm not sure how well our soul fits into something that small. Maybe it's workable if we're a rodent body and the moth is a puppet? It's not like we're forced to rely only on our swapping power, so puppets are on the table. Puppet hawk carrying us in the form of a rat, in turn carrying a puppet moth?

"If you want to use a snake, we should use one native to that area. I'll check out whats out there and get us a specimen.  As per the anesthetic, I think I can get hold of some from a University hospital near here...I'm not technically allowed to have it but I'll have access to where its kept and I'm pretty sure I can smuggle it out without being caught. Its not exactly high security over there."

She turns to go then returns to you for a moment.

"You might want to think about exactly what you're gonna tell her and what you want her to tell you. Even with the body of a guard, you probably don't want to spend more than maybe 5 minutes in her cell; there's really no legitimate reason a lone guard would hang out with a prisoner for long.  Maybe even just slip her a list of questions and an explanation and come back for them? She may also try to get you to break her out in exchange for those  answers.  I dunno. Point is that you gotta go in there prepared for more than just the infiltration; the quicker you get the info and get out, the better."

She turns and leaves. "I'll be back in a few hours, hopefully with everything we need. You think about how you want to handle the rest."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: June 08, 2020, 07:23:16 pm »

If we need to plant the body, make it somewhere out of sight, and at night (fell off the roof out of sight, or something). Maybe drink some alcohol first.

That way the body is cold because its cold at night.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: June 08, 2020, 07:26:20 pm »

We still need to discuss what info we are trying to get

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: June 08, 2020, 07:27:04 pm »

My vote is let's do a prison heist.

Gather info with the express intent of busting her out.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: June 08, 2020, 07:27:31 pm »

Eh. Why not just murder her and take ALL the information?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: June 08, 2020, 07:31:34 pm »

Because she’s also gainer the government, which is why she’s in prison

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: June 08, 2020, 07:34:40 pm »

Honestly, we have no idea as to her motivations at the moment. If we just absorbed her memories, we wouldn't have to bother keeping her alive, AND we would be 100% sure of whatever we learn.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: June 08, 2020, 07:40:01 pm »

I'd be concerned about arcane surveillance. Corpses are... conspicuous.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: June 08, 2020, 07:45:32 pm »

I mean, my previous suggestion should be tempered with the idea that if she is some kind of unstable psycho that legit needs to be in prison, we should feel free to eat her mind and scoot on out of there.

But she could be a powerful ally. Depending on the amount of work she did with Alexander we could also learn more about ourselves, or conduct research thereof.

Keep in mind our memory absorption is imperfect. We would gain the technicalities, but having a trained researcher or whatever she is with expertise in the field of necromancy could be invaluable.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: June 08, 2020, 07:57:10 pm »

We seem to have absorbed three whole lifetimes just fine. Even if we didn't gain everything in perfect detail, we would be gaining a whole lot of information, so reliable that it will feel like our own life.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 94