Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 116323 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #1005 on: February 28, 2020, 12:26:08 pm »

Lets just go to sleep for a few days.
(Seems like we made it worse by mentioning the random memories.)

+1.
Had I gotten here earlier, I would have said to also tell her she now has a chance of getting Alex back, if we can figure out some way to retrieve all his memories/soul. Of course, we'd need another body to house him, so we'd basically need to recreate his work on transferring souls - wait. Es Esme can transfer memories, right? If we get access to all of Alex's memories, couldn't she just siphon them into her mind, and have Original!Alex's personality/soul timeshare with her brain?

You lay down in the cot and have piecewise sit at your side. You order him to protect you from any sort of harm and wake you if something important happens. That done, you set your mental alarm clock for three days and pass out.

You are in darkness. Nothing around. You feel the currents ebb and flow, unseen things moving past. You float, thoughtless. Light. Distant, far above. Something huge, but far away, like a star at night. It is descending, a comet dropping to Earth. Phantoms scatter or are devoured by the light. You look down and see a great temple of concrete and steel burning. In its light you see yourself, but not yourself. You see a dozen yous in different clothing, watching the fire.

You wake up like someone flipping a switch, going from unconscious to completely awake in an instant. You sit up. Someone has placed a blanket over you. Piecewise is still sitting, though he's closer to the foot of your bed than before. You appear uninjured and the room is as clean and empty as before. It seems nothing has happened, at least to you. You're not sure if you should go upstairs or wait for Esme to come get you...

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: February 28, 2020, 01:28:22 pm »

Let's head on up. What's the haps, Ezzie? Did anyone come looking for us? Did you glean anything of note from the documents we recovered?
                            ^don't actually say this
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: February 28, 2020, 02:54:43 pm »

Let's head on up. What's the haps, Ezzie? Did anyone come looking for us? Did you glean anything of note from the documents we recovered?
                            ^don't actually say this
i know the in game self won’t say it, but real life me thinks this is an interesting way to ask what happened

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: February 28, 2020, 03:46:21 pm »

^don't actually say this
i know the in game self won’t say it, but real life me thinks this is an interesting way to ask what happened

Spoiler: Ah yes. (click to show/hide)
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: February 28, 2020, 04:29:14 pm »

^don't actually say this

usually this is shown in response to understanding a reference. Thus thread is the first time I’ve heard “what’s the haps?”

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: February 28, 2020, 04:34:57 pm »

^don't actually say this

usually this is shown in response to understanding a reference. Thus thread is the first time I’ve heard “what’s the haps?”

Can also be used to mean "Ah yes, I see we have the same unusual taste in [amusing phrases in this case, but any odd idiosyncrasy will do].

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: February 28, 2020, 04:38:26 pm »

^don't actually say this

Can also be used to mean "Ah yes, I see we have the same unusual taste in [amusing phrases in this case, but any odd idiosyncrasy will do].
ok thanks for the clarification. As I typed this I thought of how often I say that, sorry for repetition

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: February 29, 2020, 04:20:18 am »

^don't actually say this
+1 except literally say that.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: February 29, 2020, 05:06:58 am »

^don't actually say this
+1 Say it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: February 29, 2020, 05:09:49 am »

Clearly we should make up a new nickname so that we don't end up calling her Es again~

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: February 29, 2020, 08:01:12 am »

^don't actually say this
+1 Say it.
+1
Clearly we should make up a new nickname so that we don't end up calling her Es again~
would Ezzie work? :D

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: February 29, 2020, 02:05:24 pm »

^don't actually say this
+1 Say it.
+1
would Ezzie work? :D

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyway I can see which way the tide is going. +1 to the "What's the Haps Ezzie" train choo choo.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: February 29, 2020, 02:21:08 pm »

No. No no no no no. -1.

Head on up. For the time being, keep our mouth shut.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: February 29, 2020, 02:31:28 pm »

No. No no no no no. -1.

Head on up. For the time being, keep our mouth shut.

I already tried to undo what I have wrought ,Superdorf. This then is one choice before you, before us. We may join with that Power.

Also, we should use jazz hands while speaking.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1019 on: March 01, 2020, 04:07:28 am »

Except they're not our hands. They're just some undead hands we have sticking out of our pockets that are stuck constantly doing jazz hands. All jazz hands, all the time.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 94