Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35

Author Topic: Sand & Souls - Let There Be Turns  (Read 60653 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Sand & Souls - World Creation RTD
« Reply #270 on: March 27, 2019, 06:43:27 pm »

This is a reminder that I need actions from Gral, Ashe, Ira, and Awake. Mostly because the latter two are still under attack.

I can make a miniturn tomorrow if necessary, but I'd really prefer not to.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 07:34:50 pm by Whisperling »

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 27, 2019, 09:06:47 pm »

(Sorry about the late post I had some after school stuff that ran late.)

Ira rather than face an army of spiderlings breathes nothingness at the base of the web and thrashes around to de-stabilize it.

"I offered you a chance to protect your spawn Weaver"
el basurero

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 27, 2019, 09:12:13 pm »

((Nice to see you back, how the show went?))
take the silence ooze and anti star to a remote area,.

((The show went well! Not my all-time favorite by any means, but it was still fun. Thanks for asking.))

---

AJAMA anchors the anti-star to itself using telekinesis and floats away from the bone tree. The cloud of darkness moves alongside it, and continues to shroud the Demiurge itself in darkness, but the fortress behind them is once again exposed to the light. Its trunk has widened considerably since the last time it was visible, and even without anti-light its branches cast long shadows on the desert.

The black sphere's next stop is the Glass Crater, where it picks up a sample of the silence-consuming ooze. It ferries both the gel and the anti-star out into the desert, far from the other Primordials and their noisy creations. Without the rush of wind, the crackling of fire, or even the patter of rain to keep it in check, AJAMA's silence ooze blossoms into a colony, and then a small lake. It spreads across the desert, hampered only by the splashing and thumping sounds made as it grows.

"Okay everyone come and see the plants and I'll tell you what you can do with this hemp and these potatoes."
Have the deer men help me harvest the potatoes and the hemp while leaving some seeds for next time, then show them what can be made from hemp, such as paper, rope, cloth, medicinal medicine, and how they can smoke it and what can they can do with potatoes.

Dr. Bob: 6
Deer-Men: 6+1

Now that the Deer-Men have an adequate understanding of written English, Dr. Bob continues their crash-course in the necessities of civilization. This time he has them gather in the garden, where he teaches them about agriculture and shows them how to use the various crops that he has created. As a staple food item, the potatoes are relatively straightforward. The doctor warns them not to eats the plants raw, then brings a few potatoes up to the chemistry lab to demonstrate cooking. The Deer-Men all think that mashing a potato requires a great deal more force than is actually necessary, but they learn quickly after splattering themselves with mush.

The lesson on hemp is more detailed. Dr. Bob helps the Deer-Men make rope and cloth, which are both exceptionally useful hundreds of feet above sand-level. People start covering the exterior of the tower with rigging, usually to make climbing easier or connect it with more distant strands of the great web. Soon, rope-bridges stretch from the hole in the tower wall to severn different Spiderling nests. Dr. Bob teaches them how to make paper, too, but it's functionally useless without a supply of ink. Everyone just keeps writing messages to each other in the dirt.

Afterwards the Deer-Men help him replant the garden, which is mostly a matter of digging holes for seeds. When they're done, the group also digs a small irrigation channel nearby so that the plants get more water.

Work together with order of strands and other weavers wishing to join the cause on powerful enough light spell to annihilate darkness inside glass armour, call upon support of primelings and their sentinel legions. Spit poison at Ira, if it does not leave great web.

Ira rather than face an army of spiderlings breathes nothingness at the base of the web and thrashes around to de-stabilize it.

((In light of all the scheduling chaos, I think it's fairest to delay this fight. I'll write it when Egan submit an action, or failing that, when it becomes clear that he won't.))

((MrThrowaway- Don't worry about it, I've been in the same position myself for the past week. :P  Thanks for letting me know.))

"I see." Hynsyr seems to think for a moment. "Perhaps it is time for my Children to start making their own decisions on the world." Hynsyr will call the Seven Prismatics to negotiate with the Spiderlings for themselves.

"I shall allow you to decide for yourselves what relationship you wish to have between the Spires and the Web. The only locations I shall forbid from being used in your negotiations is the Golden Sea of Einyar and the Temple of Yig as they are my holy places."

The Prismatics put their various other tasks and duties on hold to meet with the Spiderlings. Hynsyr continues to listen in on the proceedings after delivering his decree, and after a while everyone grows used o the towering figure in their midst. Parun repeats its proposal to the council of Prismatics, who spend several hours negotiating the finer points of the arrangement. The seven seem intrigued by the notion of an alliance, and seem to have a positive opinion of the Spiderlings already within the Spires, but they also recognize that opening the Light Spires to everyone could be problematic. After a spirited conversation with the rest of the diplomats, they work out a compromise that is acceptable to everyone. The new arrivals will live on a new, smaller Web, anchored to the golden spires themselves. This "Golden Web" will essentially add a second level to the city, accessible to the Lightfolk as well as the Spiderling immigrants.

At Hynsyr's request, the Spiderlings also pledge to stay away from the Einyar, the Temple of Yig, and any other holy sites the Titan may designate in the future.

Spoiler: Souls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World (click to show/hide)

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 27, 2019, 09:15:04 pm »

Have the Ironwinged begin recruiting some of the researchers previously marked from the council, using their negotiation skills to ensure a fair price. Once  business is concluded,  put them to work  developing a way to reduce the amount of sunlight needed for Spiderlings to survived.

In response to the  Fragments,  Brass Buzzards and their Dustwalker disciples should  use their training, and  attempt to come up with a solution. Cunning is a valuable tool on the battlefield.

Realizing the scope of the operations at hand, Gral flies back up to the web  and, using a piece of internal essence,  attempts to create four in its own image. These Merchants of the Compass will serve as the lieutenants of the Silken Nest.

Dang, just got done posting.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 28, 2019, 12:30:38 am »

So it has come to this, well, now you
have to be unweaved

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 28, 2019, 01:44:11 am »

Take some of the sand eating ooze left and some of the new silence eating ooze and find the nothingness shard within my shell.
"I have more important things to do then fight you on this shell, and looking at the web you have as well, so we can finish it now, you bring it back to me and we don't fight here and now."
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 28, 2019, 06:46:36 am »

"Great people are fighting over at the web again, everyone stay in the tower for a bit."
Have the deer men stay in the tower they can do whatever they want, while I build a still out of glass and try to make vodka out of the potatoes, then check on the plants.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #277 on: March 28, 2019, 02:02:44 pm »

Ashe collects as many Brass Buzzard feathers as she can find!
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 28, 2019, 07:47:43 pm »

Going to have to delay the turn so that I can finish a project. Sorry guys.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 29, 2019, 12:53:34 am »

Hynsyr gathers the Prismatics once more to decide upon how they wish to lead the Lightfolk from this point foward. How would they organize themselves and their kin? How would they come to make decisions outside of what Hynsyr tells them to do? How will they collectively further the cycle and ensure they can pay tribute for their eternal Debt of Life? These are things they must decide for themselves as mortal beings.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 29, 2019, 09:55:58 pm »

Have the Ironwinged begin recruiting some of the researchers previously marked from the council, using their negotiation skills to ensure a fair price. Once  business is concluded,  put them to work  developing a way to reduce the amount of sunlight needed for Spiderlings to survived.

In response to the  Fragments,  Brass Buzzards and their Dustwalker disciples should  use their training, and  attempt to come up with a solution. Cunning is a valuable tool on the battlefield.

Realizing the scope of the operations at hand, Gral flies back up to the web  and, using a piece of internal essence,  attempts to create four in its own image. These Merchants of the Compass will serve as the lieutenants of the Silken Nest.

Dang, just got done posting.

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Due to improved relations and several new trade deals between factions on the Web, a few of the Aetherweavers allow themselves to be bargained down to a reasonable price. There are more who follow suit once they realize they've been undercut, but a significant number of researchers continue to withhold their services despite changes in the markets. Many of them are already working on the High Council's projects, particularly the invention of light spells, and consider the Silken Nest's project redundant. They'd allow themselves to be bought out, but the fee would be significant, and it's possible that the Council would even make a counteroffer. Until they receive more input from Gral, the Ironwinged choose to make do with the Weavers they've already hired. The going is slow, but work on the Nest's photosynthesis project begins in earnest.

While the Buzzards provide aerial reconnaissance and try to work out the basics of battlefield tactics, Dustwalkers deal with the bulk of the fighting. The martial-artists find it much easier to hone their technique on a real battlefield, where the fighting is intense and there is no shortage of acceptable targets. They tear through the sand's appendages easily, and nearly drive the Fragments themselves back before there is a new development behind enemy lines. Some of the Fragments' reinforcements have become corporeal, by inhabiting bodies made of Nonexistent ooze. Incarnated fragments are easier to hurt, but they can attack physically and are capable of digesting sand to heal themselves.

Back at the Silken Nest, Gral tears out four pieces of its own essence. Expelling pieces of itself is more draining than anything the Contractor has done before, but it fights through the exhaustion and pulls four perfectly-formed soul-shards from its body. It batters the masses of essence with its wings, moulding them until they manifest as steel vultures. The Primordial coaxes with the power of the Bargain, and as one the four Merchants take to the sky.

Take some of the sand eating ooze left and some of the new silence eating ooze and find the nothingness shard within my shell.
"I have more important things to do then fight you on this shell, and looking at the web you have as well, so we can finish it now, you bring it back to me and we don't fight here and now."

AJAMA scoops up blobs of the original sand-ooze strain and the new silence ooze and shapes them into small spheres, which circle its body like twin moons. The sand ooze is kept safely away from the ground, while the growth of the silence ooze is kept in check by the sound it makes as it whips through the air. Both samples move alongside the Demiurge, making them readily accessible should the primordial have need of them.

When both of the spheres are in stable orbits, AJAMA drifts back towards the rest of creation. It projects astral tendrils to sweep across the world, in search of one particular piece of the Nothigness. It finds the creature that subsumed its old body on the outskirts of a battle between the sand and the Dustwalkers. It is at the center of an entire swarm of Fragments, and as AJAMA moves closer, it notices that the shell-thief is spitting out chunks of Non-Ooze for its fellows to inhabit. Apollyon refocuses its attention on the Demiurge once it sesnses the other sphere approaching.

"This body is. Useful? Makes bodies for friends. Is not nice being body-less. Sand does not welcome us anymore! Please can I keep?"

"Great people are fighting over at the web again, everyone stay in the tower for a bit."
Have the deer men stay in the tower they can do whatever they want, while I build a still out of glass and try to make vodka out of the potatoes, then check on the plants.

Deer-Men: 3
Dr. Bob: 2

In response to the fireworks on the Web, Dr. Bob raises an alarm and orders the mortals to stay inside. Most of them start playing around in the chemistry lab, where they continue to tinker with potatoes and hemp. While one group makes of stockpile of rope and cloth, a few creative types try their hand at developing new potato recipes. These are mostly different kinds of mashed potato, like fried-mashed potato, soaked-mashed potato, and once even charred-mashed-potato. Most people still prefer the normal version, but there are a few who enjoy fried potatoes immensely. They even realize that they can cook some without pureeing them first.

Dr. Bob keeps one section of the lab roped off so that he can work on a new project involving potatoes. He creates a still by linking together a few other chemical apparatuses, including a greenhouse for growing potatoes inside the tower and a glass pan to collect water from the rain, but finds that he's still missing a way to ferment all the liquified potatoes. Bob intuitively knows that he should be looking for something called "yeast," but nobody has actually created the stuff yet.

Deer-Men have been ducking outside to tend to the garden, which is now supplying the tower with a continuous stream of potatoes and hemp. Beanstalks and a few ears of corn are also fully-grown now, but nobody knows what to do with them. When they see Dr. Bob coming, a few gardeners line up to see what he does with the new plants.

Ashe collects as many Brass Buzzard feathers as she can find!

Ashe skips through the nesting ground and picks up every stray feather. The first step is just to pick up all the obvious ones that are just lying in plain sight. She gathers them up into a pile, which she deposits near the Buzzards' nests. There still aren't any signs of the birds themselves, so Ashe also digs through the mounds of sand and grabs all the feathers that were used to hold them together. Those are a little dirty at first, but after the nymph dips them in a nearby river they're as shiny as the rest.

Her pile is even bigger now, but when Ashe looks out at the dunes she can still see the occasional glint of brass. The buzzards left a trail of shed feathers that goes out of the Wetlands and towards the rest of the desert. If she squints she can see a white tree somewhere in the same direction, with glittery specks swooping in and out of view.

You  are trying to save creature of darkness, which not only broke into house of spiderkind and did set it on fire, but also did so after being spared from unweaving on promise of not harming the web in any way, I did let this monstrosity live once, there is no way I am repeating this mistake

Its not about foolish duels for me, it's about eradication of pests standing on way of spider race.

Work together with order of strands and other weavers wishing to join the cause on powerful enough light spells to annihilate darkness inside glass armour and Ira , call upon support of primelings and their sentinel legions.

Order: 3 & Nazir: 1
Primelings: 1 & Sentinels: 1
Ira: 4+1

The Order continues to Weave together aetheric blades and snares, this time with Nazir's help. At first the Primordial Spiders' weavings reinforce the more mundane workings of the Order, but when Nazir lays the groundwork for an apocalyptically powerful light spell it pushes the rest of the threads out of balance. The carefully-prepared spellwork collapses into a tangle of knots, and instead of completing Nazir's working the Spiderlings of the Order are forced to unspool and reconstruct the remains of their own. The one or two blasts of light that hit Awake's silk cocoon are only powerful enough to singe it.

The problem is further complicated by the Primelings and their Sentinels, who were not prepared to deal with a threat that had already worked its way into the web. They unleash barrages of acid and spellwork that are more suited to siege combat than a fight with two individuals. Instead of annihilating Ira and Awake, as they intended, their attacks land amongst the regular spiderling troops. Even platoons that aren't touched by friendly fire are swept up in the ensuing chaos.

Somewhere in the center of the Spiderling horde, Ira breathes out another cloud of Nonexistence. This time she closes her mouth slightly to focus it into a narrow stream, which she uses to cut through the strand of webbing that everyone has been standing on. It snaps in two, sending the World-Eater, the cocooned Shardform, and several hundred of Spiderlings plummet down to the desert. Nazir's other troops cling to the severed ends of the cobweb, which are swinging back and forth like pendulums.

Hynsyr gathers the Prismatics once more to decide upon how they wish to lead the Lightfolk from this point foward. How would they organize themselves and their kin? How would they come to make decisions outside of what Hynsyr tells them to do? How will they collectively further the cycle and ensure they can pay tribute for their eternal Debt of Life? These are things they must decide for themselves as mortal beings.

The Prismatics conclude their discussion with the ambassador so that they can gather around Hynsyr. They form a circle around him and thrust their spears into the sand, causing a shimmering aura to rise from the ground. Once the mist has shrouded them from prying eyes, the seven deliberate their role among the Lightfolk and the shape of things to come. It is necessary to consider many things, from the leadership of the species to its ultimate fate. The cycle must progress, and for now they must be the ones to bring it to fruition.

The seven tentatively decide to make their city of kind of theocracy, with Hynsyr considered the ultimate authority. The daily affairs of the Lightfolk will be handled by trusted advisors and lieutenants. The Prismatics offer to fill the first of these positions themselves, but leave room open for the Titan to appoint or remove mortals as he sees fit. As the wielders of the Rainbow Spears, they will also be obligated to defend Lightfolk society and its continued prosperity. It is their duty to defend the Spires from attack, to further its development using their magic, and to act as agents of the cycle. An order of warrior-priests will also be established to enforce Hynsyr's decrees. These soldiers will be responsible for preserving the sanctity of the holy sites.

All Lightfolk will be required to contribute to the tribute. They will offer their creator whatever they deem best, but must also do their best to satisfy any demands that he lays out.

Spoiler: Souls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World (click to show/hide)

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 29, 2019, 10:34:42 pm »

Have the research team continue their efforts on the project, then send the rest of the Ironwinged out to negotiate the reconstruction of the broken section, extracting  pacts of loyalty and alliance in exchange.

It seems the Merchants will have to test their mettle earlier than expected.

The Merchant of the North is to dart amongst the falling Spiderlings, and offer the Contract of the Winged to  those who accept loyalty.
The Merchant of the South is to join the fight against the fragments and the Sand, and hopefully lead the group to victory.
The Merchant of the East is to fetch  the Deer-men from the Glass Tower, and bring them to the  Wetlands, in preparation for their debt repayment.

Finally, the Merchant of the West is to fetch fine silks, Tribute Tokens, and an honor guard of Winged, and search for the nearest Shardform settlement. Once found, they are to begin converting them to the ways of Bargain.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 30, 2019, 09:26:32 am »

Have ordinary spiderlings retreat, focus all efforts on killing Ira with mix of weavers light spells, sentinels fireballs and primelings acid

I did not want this to happen, but you don't leave me any other choice

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 30, 2019, 09:35:47 am »

"I tire of this, if you agree to punish but not kill awake I'll leave."

If Nazi doesn't agree coil around him to restrain him while blasting nothingness at the small fry's
el basurero

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 30, 2019, 10:28:28 am »

((I really wanted to help, but I got now something more intresting, so, sorry Nazir))
"If you help me stop this fighting we will consider the possibilities"
Stop the fighting between the Buzzards and dustwalkers to the Fragments.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35