Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35

Author Topic: Sand & Souls - Let There Be Turns  (Read 60657 times)

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sand & Souls - World Creation RTD
« Reply #255 on: March 18, 2019, 07:39:26 pm »

"It was only doing that out of desperation, besides I was the one that led it here, therefore, I should be the one who handles it. No harm has been done to the great web anyways."
"Even if it hadn't tried to invade a foreign domicile, the fact of the matter is that it went back on its sworn word.  When it had first appeared to us, it swore that it meant no harm to the unjust, that the vision it had accounted for the presence of all.

Quote from:  Awake's Oath
I promise, I will use whatever power I gain for the betterment of all peoples. I will do whatever it takes to create peace. Peace and safety for sand, obsidian, chiten, light, brass, and whatever other beings there may be.
If the idea of peace between this world's peoples doesn't brighten your soul, strike me down and let the world never find justice.
I will not threaten, wage war against, or combat the people of the Great Web, but I will retain my right to defend myself and any who follow me. I will fight only in defense, and only against those who are dishonorable enough to threaten me first.
And of course, my promise will not prevent me from assisting you in some time of need, Contractor.

Also, I will request that in addition to transporting me, you will vouch to the inhabitants of the Great Web my good intentions. Even a gesture of good faith does no good if nobody hears about it, correct?

was the way it put it. I was rather taken with this offer, and had agreed to the terms.  We had carried out our business, and went our separate ways.  And yet, the next time I had seen this hopeful, it was climbing the Great Web, setting fire to that which was not ours, heedless of the lives it put in danger. I still have faith that  it is capable of adhering to them, and that its dream can be realized. However, none within this world are beyond reproach, nor capable of escaping the consequences of their actions.

The start of this incident was a personal dispute between Ira and Awake, which, from the looks of things, seems to be resolved. However, this incursion, and subsequent destruction, still needs to be rectified.

As such, though I do not think death is a suitable punishment, I would prefer a more tangible form of assurance that  this mortal sticks to its promises.

On the topic of promises, Ira,  I'd like to call upon one of your favors, given the... newfound powers you have at your disposal.
"

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 18, 2019, 07:46:53 pm »

"What do you ask of me? I'll probably be able to fulfill your favor after the situation with Awake is handled."
el basurero

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 18, 2019, 09:01:32 pm »

Turn delayed because I had to stand on a balcony for two hours instead of writing. Rehearsal can be a pain sometimes.

Apologies.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 20, 2019, 12:14:04 am »

"What do you ask of me? I'll probably be able to fulfill your favor after the situation with Awake is handled."

" Your absorption of the Absent Heart has taken away a significant advantage for the Sand. Now that its Null capacities are no longer within easy reach, a large-scale solution to the enemy can be implemented.

I want you, and any other creatures of Nothing you are able to sway,  to make a canal, connecting the Glass Tower, the Bone Fortress, and the Shifting Bog to a supply of clean water and each other, as well as be sufficient to sustain concentrated irrigation efforts.
 For obvious reasons, the canal has to be sand free. Given your prior experience with fighting the sand, I'm sure it's nothing you can't handle.
If it's not too much to ask, let anyone  who joins up know that for as long as the construction efforts take place, no harm will come to them by way of the Silken Nest. We treat our employees well, and loyal service is rewarded with tangible benefits.

If you need any resources to help with this, let me know. I'm sure we can work out some sort of arrangement."

The Brass Buzzards should spend their free time at the fort developing a new form of combat: the martial art. Once they succeed in perfecting this  Eight Talon Way, have them negotiate teaching  it to interested Dustwalkers in exchange for an agreement of confidentiality and a small fee each month.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 21, 2019, 12:31:04 pm »

Focus on the armor.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #260 on: March 23, 2019, 08:20:01 pm »

Name: Ashe
Form: Water Nymph
Purpose: Finding cute husbando & amassing my collection of sparkly shiny things.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 23, 2019, 08:53:49 pm »

So, as most of you have probably noticed, this turn delay has been a lot longer than usual. I'm really sorry about that.

This is primarily because it's show week. Between school, dress rehearsals, and right now the performances themselves, I haven't had time for much else.

The last show is early tomorrow, so I may be able to get a turn out then. If not, it might come on either Monday or Tuesday, depending on how long it takes for us to deconstruct the set.

If you've been here for a while, thank you for your patience (and sorry again).

If you're new, welcome aboard.  :) Feel free to submit an action for your first turn while I get my life sorted out.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #262 on: March 23, 2019, 09:09:38 pm »

Ashe collects shiny underwater rocks.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 26, 2019, 09:35:30 pm »

Another soul shakes free of the nothingness and manifests in the world. It gravitates to the wetlands, and submerges itself in a lake rather than the sand. Rain swirls in intricate patterns as a fully-formed nymph leaps out of the water.

Ashe, the Collector dances through puddles and across the bottoms of streams. Droplets of water rise from the ground to follow her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ashe collects shiny underwater rocks.

Ashe splashes through every nook and cranny of her birthplace, but she doesn't find a single pebble. The ground is made from nothing but sand, and no matter how far the Nymph wanders or how deep she digs, there isn't a single shiny mineral to be seen. Ashe gives up and swims to the surface of the lake, but when she climbs onto a riverbank she notices light glinting off of something on the ground. She runs over to look at it, and finds that she has located a single brass feather, so lifelike that it may as well have been plucked from the wing of a real bird.

She looks at the ground again, and notices that there are more feathers scattered across the ground. They're densest near a cluster of empty birds' nests, built using mounds of sand and more of those same brass feathers. The nesting ground is empty, but as Ashe examines it more closely she notices fresh talon-prints and bloodstains. They aren't old enough to have been washed away by the rain.

Look at the non dangerous chaos ooze, see if any of it would be easy to feed, if not try to create the darkness eating ooze again, but now try do it on a single drop of goo.

Of the various kinds of chaos ooze that AJAMA chose to bury instead of destroying, a few are relatively safe and easy to cultivate. One colony that is sealed inside a chunk of glass can assimilate water, which would make it grow particularly fast if exposed to the rain of the wetlands. Another blob of ooze feeds on silence. Only the whistling of the wind and the crackling of flames near the glass crater keep it in check. The heat-absorbing chaos ooze also still exists, although it is buried in a cool spot beneath the shadow of the web.

AJAMA suspends a drop of standard sand-eating ooze in midair, then tweaks its properties to make it capable of absorbing darkness instead. The Demiurge is careful to keep this transformation under control, but one small mistake fouls up the entire working, preventing the ooze from consuming anything at all.

"You guys keep working on learning how to write while I do other stuff."
Make a chemistry lab from some of the glass and a empty room, then check on the plants.

After instructing the Deer-Men to work on their spelling and penmanship, Dr. Bob retreats back into the tower to start another project of his own. He commandeers one of the middle floors of the tower and gathers up pieces of glass that look like they could be used to hold liquids. He molds the material like putty, shaping each chunk into a functional petri dish, pipe, or beaker. The tower itself doesn't have any counters or windowsills to place them on, so Dr. Bob also drags a few blocks of glass up from the ground floor to use as tables. He distributes the equipment and constructs a few common apparatuses on each, occasionally making an extra container or pipette when stocks get low. The only things missing are chemicals and a bunsen burner.

Once all the lab gear is in place, the doctor cimbs back to the bottom of the tower to examine his garden. The potatoes and hemp have grown to full size, and appear to be ready for harvesting. Only a few corn and bean stems protrude from the ground, but they also appear to be growing fairly quickly.

Keep entangling my opponent but now in  spiritual webs as well, also call my children to assist in dismantling this primordial, since, he just tried to set great web on fire.
Ira feels a strange connection to beings of nothingness now, and as she sees Awake being ganged up on by the spiderlings she feels a burning anger

"Spiderlings, I have been a friend to your people, let me take Awake out of your home for you."

Free Awake and run if spiderlings/Nazir don't listen. (maybe use cool new nothingness powers)
Focus on the armor.

Nazir: 5 , Spiderlings: 3 , Order: 5 v Ira: 2+1
Awake: 2

While Nazir cocoons Awake's body in layers of physical silk, it also uses aetheric strings to reinforce the wards around his soul. Both kinds of thread shrivel in the heat radiating from his armor, but the shardform goes limp as he is covered by layers of webbing, and the streams of fire that he was controlling fade away. A swarm of Spiderlings arrives from the rest of the web as soon as the area is cool enough for them to approach. While warriors burrow into the silken cocoon, Ancestors from the Order of Strands prepare a bevy of destruction weavings.

Ira flings herself from a higher strand of the web and lands in the midst of the Spiderling horde. She breathes at them, willing the Nothingness inside her to do something, and it flows out of her mouth as a cloud of vapor. The gas nullifies any matter it touches, including spider chitin and the outer layers of Awake's bonds. It doesn't stop the Aetherweavers from firing spells at the shardform, but the warriors retreat as soon as they understand what has happened.

Inside the ball of webbing, Awake focuses his mind on the armor. Something within the metal yearns to break free, to turn air to fire and sand to glass, but the untapped powers are difficult for the shardform to get ahold of. They whisper at the edges of his thoughts, almost ready to be unleashed, but when Awake turns around and tries to channel them they vanish. He reaches for the powers again, up until the moment a disintegration beam lances through his stomach. It's almost as painful as melting.

Hynsyr will meet with the Spiderlings.

Hynsyr leaves his temple and walks towards the suburbs, where the Spiderling envoys are setting up camp. Steel poles sprout from the sand within minutes, and the arachnids are in the process of hanging silk canvases from them when the Titan arrives. They all turn to face the Primeling, who is still holding a white truce banner. After handing it off to a large Spiderling in heavy armor, he composes himself and skitters towards Hynsyr.

The Primeling, who calls himself Parun, introduces himself and explains that he has been selected as the head ambassador of the Web. The High Council sends its regards, and wishes to negotiate an alliance with the Hynsyr and the Lightfolk.

"While some of our kin have already migrated to the Spires, we believe that a formal relationship would be mutually beneficial. There are too many Spiderlings on the Great Web, which has resulted in constant battles for territory. Since they nourish themselves by basking in light, the Spires and Einyar are already ideal nesting grounds.

We wish to develop mutual trust and friendship, but in material terms we can also offer you the service of any who would live here, and forces to defend this city in times of need."

The Brass Buzzards should spend their free time at the fort developing a new form of combat: the martial art. Once they succeed in perfecting this  Eight Talon Way, have them negotiate teaching  it to interested Dustwalkers in exchange for an agreement of confidentiality and a small fee each month.

Buzzards: 6
Dustwalkers: 6

Gral flies to the bone fortress and swoops down to the Buzzards' nest, where the flock has gathered in anticipation of his visit. it leads the birds outside and has them spar against each other, so that they can learn the finer points of aerial combat and refine their technique. The vulture demonstrates his own combat skills by slicing the sand apart with his pinion blades, but it does not take long for his servants to surpass them. They advance quickly despite their various injuries, fueled by the pain and bloodlust that Gral accidentally imbued them with.

Those attributes are reflected in the martial art that they create. The Eight-Talon-Way is a brutal series of strikes and slashes, designed for the twin purposes of killing and inflicting pain. Using it, a single Buzzards can cut steel training dummies in two, or maim their way through three or four demons at a time in the field. Defensive moves are few and far between, but the flock functions so efficiently as a cloud of death that they are barely even necessary.

There also aren't many moves suitable for use in sparring, but the buzzards manage to teach the Eight-Talon-Way to a crowd of Dustwalkers by demonstrating on the sand's pseudopods. Limbs and sinkholes appear in ever-greater numbers as the training session goes forwards, but the Spiderlings' ability to kill them progresses similarly. It's only once a few Fragments of Nothingness appear that things start getting dicey.

Spoiler: Souls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 12:25:27 pm by Whisperling »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 27, 2019, 01:05:36 am »

((Nice to see you back, how the show went?))
take the silence ooze and anti star to a remote area,.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 27, 2019, 01:53:44 am »

Woo, it lives, cool.

And now you dare to breathe darkness on the web, killing its denizens, you have become one of monsters you fought so hard, Ira, why did you  betray us?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 27, 2019, 05:55:35 am »

"Okay everyone come and see the plants and I'll tell you what you can do with this hemp and these potatoes."
Have the deer men help me harvest the potatoes and the hemp while leaving some seeds for next time, then show them what can be made from hemp, such as paper, rope, cloth, medicinal medicine, and how they can smoke it and what can they can do with potatoes.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 27, 2019, 06:03:24 am »

"You talk as if I attacked you unprovoked, I agree that Awake should be punished, but his death would serve no purpose and none were hurt by his actions. If you truly wish to protect the great web and the spiderlings duel me on the sands over this issue. No bystanders will get hurt and we can resolve our differences there."
el basurero

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 27, 2019, 09:25:25 am »

You  are trying to save creature of darkness, which not only broke into house of spiderkind and did set it on fire, but also did so after being spared from unweaving on promise of not harming the web in any way, I did let this monstrosity live once, there is no way I am repeating this mistake

Its not about foolish duels for me, it's about eradication of pests standing on way of spider race.

Work together with order of strands and other weavers wishing to join the cause on powerful enough light spells to annihilate darkness inside glass armour and Ira , call upon support of primelings and their sentinel legions.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 12:26:51 am by sprinkled chariot »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 27, 2019, 11:44:48 am »

"I see." Hynsyr seems to think for a moment. "Perhaps it is time for my Children to start making their own decisions on the world." Hynsyr will call the Seven Prismatics to negotiate with the Spiderlings for themselves.

"I shall allow you to decide for yourselves what relationship you wish to have between the Spires and the Web. The only locations I shall forbid from being used in your negotiations is the Golden Sea of Einyar and the Temple of Yig as they are my holy places."
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35