Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35

Author Topic: Sand & Souls - Let There Be Turns  (Read 60697 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Sand & Souls - World Creation RTD
« Reply #240 on: March 16, 2019, 10:56:06 pm »

"It does not belong to me, it belongs to the sand. I intend to return it because if I do not then me and everything born of the sand are doomed."

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 17, 2019, 12:58:32 am »

((Why this chaos ooze isn't willing to just get solved))
Return to the body, ho between the chaos ooze pieces and neutralise it.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 17, 2019, 01:56:53 am »

Shoot web and try to entanglething trying to break the wards

Primelings, legions of sentinels, ancestors and order of strands, there is primordial trying to break protective wards, you know, what to do

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 17, 2019, 05:32:36 am »

"Hey guys can we get the robot to stop destroying the sand castles, people worked really hard on those."
Lets teach the deer men how to read and write in the English language, as it could be useful at some point, then after that check on the plants.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 17, 2019, 09:33:25 pm »

Have the delegates propose the construction of a market in the Bone fortress, thus facilitating trade between it and the Great Web.

As for the Maggots, fit all the captives with a set of Pacted collars, then begin warping their biology into that of livestock.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 17, 2019, 09:37:56 pm »

"Denature!"

Use the essence of heat contained in my armor to denature the strands making up the ward.

Then, continue to chase that dreadful beast.

Shoot web and try to entanglething trying to break the wards

Primelings, legions of sentinels, ancestors and order of strands, there is primordial trying to break protective wards, you know, what to do
"I tire of playing this game of cat and mouse with the sand's servants. No one really gave any good ideas of how to deal with the heart, so I'll just deal with it my way."

Devour the absent heart

Awake: 2 v Nazir: 4
Ira: 5

Awake focuses on the heat burning within his armor, then brings it up to the surface. Tongues of flame lash out at his surroundings, causing the air to shimmer and the silk beneath his feet to scorch, but they fail to harm the aetheric web that is closing in on him. The strands snap into place around the Shardform's armor, and when they cannot break through they gum up his joins instead. Awake struggles against them, but is not strong enough to pull himself free before Nazir surrounds him in a second layer of physical webbing. It's impossible to see anything that transpires outside the cocoon, but stabbing pains and a sudden sense of loss confirm his worst fears.

Far above him, Ira turns around and contemplates the Absent Heart. It beats steadily, despite its separation from the sands, but ALTERTH is far too dead to defend itself from attack. So the World-Eater unhinges her jaw, leans over the massive organ, and devours it in one bite. The familiar taste of Nothingness fills her mouth, and a lump of not-flesh slips works its way down her throat and into her chest. Ira's own heart skips a beat, then stops forever. Something else has taken its place.

Numbness spreads through the World-Eater's veins as the Nothingness take hold. When it reaches her skin, the black scars she received from demonic claws fade away. The absence of sensation flows up to her head, and suddenly everything changes. She feels an intrinsic connection to the other beings of nothingness form, and wisps of black smoke erupt from her mouth and eyes.

Quote from: The Maggot's offer.
"We don't need a contract to grow, buzzard. But I have a counteroffer. For my service, I demand a pound of your flesh and the corpses of my brothers."
"That's quite the price, maggot, and quite a rude way to treat that which spawned you. But tell me: why do you feel entitled to such an offer? You are bound, alienated from your kin,  and altogether without options. Even if I were to assent, how would you serve?"

"As if you intended to spawn us! We were an accident, Contractor, and we owe you nothing. But if we had served you, we would be Emissaries. So I will be your Herald if we make a pact.

I will hunger for your blood until the price is paid. You should end my existence if you consider it too steep."

Hynsyr places the Yig in the Basin and then begins another round of mortal watching. Will his children spread now that their numbers increase? How will their fledgling culture develop in this inhospitable world? Only time will tell.

5 / 3

Now the the Light Spires are fully established, the Lightfolk have breathing room to explore the outside world and advance their society. The explorers who first set foot on the sands continue to expand their horizons, in addition to bringing curiosities back to the city itself. A few die, but the presence of Einyar and Yig make that outcome less distressing than it might otherwise be. When the Golden Realm fills out a little it becomes standard practice for living mortals to go on pilgrimages there, so that they can visit and provide company to the dead. The First Tribute also becomes a centerpiece of their culture as well as the city itself. Any birth or re-birth that takes place through it is cause for great celebration.

The Light Spires continue to grow in both size and complexity. While Lightfolk use their powers of creation to fortify their existing towers, and occasionally to turn them into works of art, suburbs pop up just outside city limits. These house newly-created mortals when space in the Spires becomes too scarce. The Lightfolk and Spiderling populations both grow significantly, and urban sprawl continues to take its course. Eventually, there are enough inhabitants for the spires to be divided into seven districts, each watched over by one of the Prismatics.

As Hynsyr gazes into the distance, he notices a group of Spiderlings descending from the Great Web and fighting their way across the sands. In the center of the horde is a single Primeling, holding a white banner woven entirely from silk. The delegation makes a beeline for the Light Spires, then stops just outside of arrow-range. A single, unarmed Spiderling is sent closer to explain that the delegation wishes to speak with Hynsyr.

((Why this chaos ooze isn't willing to just get solved))
Return to the body, ho between the chaos ooze pieces and neutralise it.

AJAMA recoils from the essence-eating ooze and draws the rest of its essence back into its body. Then it shunts its consciousness between each piece of chaos ooze large enough to be detectable with its senses, and transforms them into inert putty one by one. Most of the ooze is easy to destroy, even if it happens to be near whatever resource it needs to grow, but the few that are dangerous to a disembodied mind need to be dealt with indirectly. The Demiurge throws a clump of sanity-eating ooze straight into the glass crater, where fire urns it away and uses telekinesis to push the essence assimilator it that just injured it deep beneath the sand, where it is unlikely to hurt anyone.

Some chaos ooze still exists, but once AJAMA finishes its task, the dangerous samples have all been denatured or sealed away. They will only be a risk if someone actively tries to uncover them, which would be downright suicidal for most mortals and problematic even for the primordials themselves.

"Hey guys can we get the robot to stop destroying the sand castles, people worked really hard on those."
Lets teach the deer men how to read and write in the English language, as it could be useful at some point, then after that check on the plants.

When the automaton next approaches the garden, Dr. Bob tells it to stop stepping on sandcastles. Some of the gears in its brain whir as it adjusts its pathfinding mechanisms, and after it crosses the moat again it gives the beach a wide berth. The Deer-Men who had their sandcastles toppled don't seem too distraught, but everyone appreciates looking at the works of art. They'll probably last a long while, too, now that they aren't periodically being knocked over.

Next, Dr. Bob devises a simple system of writing, involving twenty-six symbols that represent the sounds of speech. He grabs a glass rod so that he can trace letters in the sand, then calls the Deer-Men over for a lesson. It's obvious that none of them are going to be writing novels anytime soon, but they listen rapt attention, and many begin tracing out A-B-Cs on their own after their creator has finished instructing them. One even scratches a paragraph onto a block of glass, then passes it around so that everyone else can read it.

Spoiler: Souls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World (click to show/hide)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 18, 2019, 01:37:48 am »

Look at the non dangerous chaos ooze, see if any of it would be easy to feed, if not try to create the darkness eating ooze again, but now try do it on a single drop of goo.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 18, 2019, 05:30:03 am »

"You guys keep working on learning how to write while I do other stuff."
Make a chemistry lab from some of the glass and a empty room, then check on the plants.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 18, 2019, 07:28:36 am »

Keep entangling my opponent but now in  spiritual webs aswell, also call my children to assist in dismantling this primordial, since, he just tried to set great web on fire.

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 18, 2019, 03:18:28 pm »

Ira feels a strange connection to beings of nothingness now, and as she sees Awake being ganged up on by the spiderlings she feels a burning anger

"Spiderlings, I have been a friend to your people, let me take Awake out of your home for you."

Free Awake and run if spiderlings/Nazir don't listen. (maybe use cool new nothingness powers)
el basurero

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 18, 2019, 03:37:46 pm »

Ira feels a strange connection to beings of nothingness now, and as she sees Awake being ganged up on by the spiderlings she feels a burning anger

"Spiderlings, I have been a friend to your people, let me take Awake out of your home for you."

Free Awake and run if spiderlings/Nazir don't listen. (maybe use cool new nothingness powers)

So you want to rescue thing trying to set great web on fire?

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 18, 2019, 03:41:47 pm »

"It was only doing that out of desperation, besides I was the one that led it here, therefore, I should be the one who handles it. No harm has been done to the great web anyways."
el basurero

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 18, 2019, 04:12:46 pm »

He literally melted part of web with fire and he was only stopped because of special wards to stop creatures of darkness.
The crime was done, and punishment needs to follow. When he got spared for the first time he swore not to be hostile to denizens of the web.
Yet, he failed.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 18, 2019, 06:17:07 pm »

Hynsyr will meet with the Spiderlings.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 18, 2019, 07:17:02 pm »

Delayed Miniturn

Have the delegates propose the construction of a market in the Bone fortress, thus facilitating trade between it and the Great Web.

As for the Maggots, fit all the captives with a set of Pacted collars, then begin warping their biology into that of livestock.

Delegates: 5
Gral: 3

At Gral's command, a few of the Ironwinged diplomats approach the Dustwalkers and offer to open a market in their fortress. The other Spiderlings are reluctant to allow the construction of a permanent structure inside the bone tree, but after discussing the terms of the contract with Gral's followers they agree to open their borders to merchants from the Silken Nest. Convoys can enter and leave freely, so long as they don't linger longer than necessary. But despite the Dustwalkers' isolationism, they buy significant quantities of metal equipment. Ironwinged need to weave armaments day and night to keep up with the sheer volume of orders.

In between armor shipments, Gral has a few of the nest's most experienced Weavers design Pact-Collars for the maggots. The enchantments are almost identical to existed pacted equipment, but these rings are made for the express purpose of maintaining control over a captive. The metal is reinforced wherever possible, to prevent accidental breakage, the magic is stronger, and the latches are designed to lock in place after they are snapped shut.

Ironwinged guards place one collar on each maggot, then clamber back to the nest so that Gral can do its work. It leans over each of the captives and breathes on them to wipe their spirits clean of intelligence and individuality. Then the Contractor uses its talons to reconfigure their bodies, rearranging organs and using strands of metallic silk to add to their overall mass. The grubs swell to the size of large dogs, and their motions become more sluggish. Even after the guards remove their bonds, they only wander around aimlessly, occasionally chewing on an errant piece of metal.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35