Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35

Author Topic: Sand & Souls - Let There Be Turns  (Read 60694 times)

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
Re: Sand & Souls - World Creation RTD
« Reply #225 on: March 14, 2019, 09:52:58 pm »

Ira continues climbing the great web and calls out to her fellow primordials

Brothers and sisters I have the heart of the sands. What should we do with it? I fear that destroying it could lead to catastrophe, but it can also be the key to the destruction of the sands.
el basurero

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 14, 2019, 10:07:03 pm »

"World-Eater! Return that heart, it does not belong to you!"

Climb up onto the web, chasing the sand-eating monster.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 15, 2019, 04:16:29 am »

"I would suggest doing a deal with the sands"
Pass between the droplets of goo, take away the ability and "will" of those who may cause problems to me other primodials and life to consume.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 15, 2019, 04:49:40 am »

See what high council of the web proposes and votes on its own before end of first council meeting,
meanwhile join the group of weavers thinking about miniaturized stars and assist them.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 15, 2019, 07:41:21 am »

"I know this won't help the tie but I like all of them, but if I have to chose I'll go with the city being attacked by the demons. Also how do you guys know what the Eiffel tower looks like, because I don't remember telling you guys about it?"
Give my answer for the tiebreaker, then go check on the plants and see about making a few more kinds of plants like corn and beans then plant the new ones as well.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 15, 2019, 08:11:12 am »

"We may not have to do anything  with it. Typically, things don't tend to survive long without their hearts, divine landmasses or not."

Have the delegates continue to participate within the council, and attempt to  recruit researchers from the tribes assembled there. Given that the Buzzards are content  where they are, leave them to their own devices.

Finally, propose a contract to the steel  maggots still confined upon the nest.  Should they agree to service, they will not only be freed, but granted a key position  within the Silken Nest.  If and when they assent, use their silken bonds as a cocoon, and  have them sprout into fly-human hybrids.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 15, 2019, 12:28:18 pm »

Hynsyr once again attempts to construct a Temple-Fortress for Yig. The current failure is unworthy of housing his Golden Flower.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 15, 2019, 08:14:01 pm »

I'm not sure I'll be able to finish the turn tonight. Will give it a shot anyway, but I'm a bit pessimistic.

In the interest of posting something, here are updated and reformatted versions of the status sheets. The world document was getting a bit long, so I divided everything into categories. It's kind of a shame that Bay12 doesn't have nested spoilers.

Spoiler: Souls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 08:17:17 pm by Whisperling »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 16, 2019, 09:34:15 pm »

Ira continues climbing the great web and calls out to her fellow primordials

Brothers and sisters I have the heart of the sands. What should we do with it? I fear that destroying it could lead to catastrophe, but it can also be the key to the destruction of the sands.
"World-Eater! Return that heart, it does not belong to you!"

Climb up onto the web, chasing the sand-eating monster.

Ira: 3 v Awake: 1

Ira drags the heart past stars, Spiderling nests, and countless strands of silk, until she has arrived in the upper reaches of the Web. Arachnids from the market, the Silken Nest, and other, stranger places surround her, but the path ahead of her is always clear. The Spiderlngs are constantly warring with one another for space and resources, but even they are eager to avoid the primordial worm and the strange, beating organ that she carries with her. Not one of them dares to stand in her way.

Awake runs after her, but he doesn't catch up before the Web's denizens close back in. He finds himself navigating around battlefields and between warring factions, and occasionally he must even avoid groups of sent to intercept him. As he climbs higher into the web, the Shardform also notices strands of Aetheric webbing stretching between lengths of physical silk, visible to him only through the visor of his armor. He gives them as wide a berth as possible, but one particularly sensitive demon-ward reacts to Awake's Nonexistent soul and movees to ensnare him.

"I would suggest doing a deal with the sands"
Pass between the droplets of goo, take away the ability and "will" of those who may cause problems to me other primodials and life to consume.

AJAMA extends its mind beyond the confines of its body, causing its senses broaden until they encompass the entirety of the priomordials' world. The Demiurge can barely percive anything after spreading itself so thin, but it can still dimly sense the ooze that it blew out into the desert. Most is standard sand-eating ooze, in various degrees of solidity, but a few types of chaos ooze landed in places where they could thrive. Some newly-grown strains are just as deadly, as AJAMA learns when it encounters essence-eating ooze. The colony quintuples in size by assimilating part of AJAMA's sensory net.

See what high council of the web proposes and votes on its own before end of first council meeting,
meanwhile join the group of weavers thinking about miniaturized stars and assist them.

As Nazir sits down, representatives from the Scarred and the Dustwalkers take the stage. The Council considers and votes on each of their proposals before it adjourns.

The Scarred want to expand trade with the other Clans, particularly within their market. One of their diplomats gives a speech that outlines the benefits of commerce, such as fostering closer ties between clans through interdependence, making food, weaponry, and other resources readily available to those who need them most, and encouraging Spiderlings to come up with innovative new products to sell. The Ironwinged agree as soon as the Scarred are done talking, but the rest of the tribes are more hesitant. They only assent to

"I know this won't help the tie but I like all of them, but if I have to chose I'll go with the city being attacked by the demons. Also how do you guys know what the Eiffel tower looks like, because I don't remember telling you guys about it?"
Give my answer for the tiebreaker, then go check on the plants and see about making a few more kinds of plants like corn and beans then plant the new ones as well.

The judges accept Dr. Bob's verdict, and a few peel away to inform the Deer-Man who built the besieged city of his victory. The mortal beams with pride, while the other competitors all rush over to shake his hand. The sandcastles themselves are mostly forgotten, but they remain behind even after the group has wandered off, crafted too masterfully to be eroded by mere rain and wind. The robot still seems perfectly capable of knocking them over, through.

The Deer-Woman who built the Eiffel tower is also called over s that Dr. Bob can interview her. The name sounds familiar to everyone, but nobody can actually place it, even Bob himself. The woman who made the sandcastle it isn't any more aware of what's going on, even though she came up with the idea herself. Apparently it came to her in a moment of inspiration.

With the results of the contest decided, Dr. Bob returns to his garden. The hemp and potato plants now have stalks, and continue to grow with impressive speed. Primordial-derived water must be doing wonders for their health. As he turns a few leaves over to check for signs of disease, the doctor absentmindedly picks up a handful of sand and squeezes it between his fingers. The grains transform into more seeds, which Bob sorts and buries alongside the rest.

"We may not have to do anything  with it. Typically, things don't tend to survive long without their hearts, divine landmasses or not."

Have the delegates continue to participate within the council, and attempt to  recruit researchers from the tribes assembled there. Given that the Buzzards are content  where they are, leave them to their own devices.

Finally, propose a contract to the steel  maggots still confined upon the nest.  Should they agree to service, they will not only be freed, but granted a key position  within the Silken Nest.  If and when they assent, use their silken bonds as a cocoon, and  have them sprout into fly-human hybrids.

Delegates: 2

Business in the High Council continues unabated. Nazir has stopped talking, and representatives of various other tribes have stepped in to offer proposals of their own, but most Ironwinged diplomats are focused on the private dealings which occur on the outskirts of the meeting. This is where favors are exchanged and smaller alliances are formed - and thus, where servants of the Bargain are most at home. There's no shortage of Aetherweavers interested in selling their skills, and the Winged come away with a list of several promising candidates after a cursory search of the Web. The issue is that most are unwilling to work with the Silken Nest, or demand exorbitant fees for their services.

Gral proposes a deal to the bound maggots imprisoned in the nest, but the larvae refuse to consider his offer. One particularly bold individual wheezes in the Contractor's face, with a cadence only slightly reminiscent of laughter. Its response is mufuled, but an Ironwinged guard peels back the silk covering its mouth so that it can speak.

"We don't need a contract to grow, buzzard. But I have a counteroffer. For my service, I demand a pound of your flesh and the corpses of my brothers."

Hynsyr once again attempts to construct a Temple-Fortress for Yig. The current failure is unworthy of housing his Golden Flower.

Hynsyr pummels the golden mound using his twelve spears. Each blow shears away a layer of unrefined metal, which peel off of the temple like golden foil. Other spears reduce the debris to confetti, and then to golden powder which blows away in the wind. Beneath the excess material, the walls of a true fortress take shape. It glows like an aurora, as ephemeral as the light it was made from but as strong as pure titanium. Hynsyr taps the center of the barrier with a spearpoint, and a gate rises from within the clouds of light. It is barred at first, but swings open beneath the Titan's hand.

He continues his work inside. Another flurry of blades transforms the mound into a cathedral, complete with decorative arches and gargoyles. Hynsyr's weapons bite into the interior of the temple as well, causing golden dust to spray from every arch and window outside. The cramped central chamber become an amphitheater, and murals depicting each stage of the Cycle are carved into the walls. In the center of the room, at the very heart of the cathedral, a basin forms to house the First Tribute.

Spoiler: Souls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 16, 2019, 09:44:15 pm »

"Denature!"

Use the essence of heat contained in my armor to denature the strands making up the ward.

Then, continue to chase that dreadful beast.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 16, 2019, 09:51:57 pm »

"Denature!"

Use the essence of heat contained in my armor to denature the strands making up the ward.

Then, continue to chase that dreadful beast.

"Forgive me  if I misunderstand your thought process, but I fail to see how this  'beast' has threatened you, nor how an organ can be a follower of your cause. Further, you are actively  trespassing on a realm not of your own, and breaking portions of it, a decidedly offensive action in any circle. If I didn't know any better, it would seem like you're breaking your promise. Of course, someone as sincere as you wouldn't do such a thing, correct? "

Gral proposes a deal to the bound maggots imprisoned in the nest, but the larvae refuse to consider his offer. One particularly bold individual wheezes in the Contractor's face, with a cadence only slightly reminiscent of laughter. Its response is mufuled, but an Ironwinged guard peels back the silk covering its mouth so that it can speak.

Quote from: The Maggot's offer.
"We don't need a contract to grow, buzzard. But I have a counteroffer. For my service, I demand a pound of your flesh and the corpses of my brothers."
"That's quite the price, maggot, and quite a rude way to treat that which spawned you. But tell me: why do you feel entitled to such an offer? You are bound, alienated from your kin,  and altogether without options. Even if I were to assent, how would you serve?"
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 10:02:05 pm by WyrdByrd »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 16, 2019, 10:03:26 pm »

Hynsyr places the Yig in the Basin and then begins another round of mortal watching. Will his children spread now that their numbers increase? How will their fledgling culture develop in this inhospitable world? Only time will tell.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 16, 2019, 10:12:45 pm »

"I tire of playing this game of cat and mouse with the sand's servants. No one really gave any good ideas of how to deal with the heart, so I'll just deal with it my way."

Devour the absent heart

el basurero

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 16, 2019, 10:13:45 pm »

"If you wish to be hostile to be, Contractor, I will not attempt to argue with you. It is clear that the world eater has taken from us what is rightly ours. To think that it is harmless is willful ignorance!"

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 16, 2019, 10:28:32 pm »

"If you wish to be hostile to be, Contractor, I will not attempt to argue with you. It is clear that the world eater has taken from us what is rightly ours. To think that it is harmless is willful ignorance!"
"I've no wish to harm my clients, so long as they adhere to their terms. I must ask you, though: what makes it yours?  Were you endowed it by your absent creator? Are you claiming that all aspects of the sand belonging to you?  If so, should  we consider you the lord of the demons, the very creatures you attempted to distance yourself from? The Sand seems to have a mind of its own.

"I tire of playing this game of cat and mouse with the sand's servants. No one really gave any good ideas of how to deal with the heart, so I'll just deal with it my way."

Devour the absent heart

"On the  topic, I'd like to talk about the application of one your favors, once you deal with your prize./b]
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35