Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35

Author Topic: Sand & Souls - Let There Be Turns  (Read 60619 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: Sand & Souls - World Creation RTD
« Reply #180 on: March 09, 2019, 07:45:18 pm »

Hynsyr gathers his light and attempts to connect himself and Einyar to the First Tribute Yig. The Golden Flower which had been gifted in love would in turn become the ultimate symbol of Hynsyr's love. Transfusing the Flower Yig with his essence so that not only would it act as a gateway with which the Lightfolk spirits in Einyar can reincarnate from once they've spent some time in the Sea of Light but also using it's connection with Hynsyr to birth new Lightfolk into the world.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 09, 2019, 08:32:34 pm »

Drop off the mortal,  then fly on to  the  Light City in the distance. Where there's civilization, there are also bargains.
Send the Ironwinged down to the Bone Fortress, and propose building a market at the location in exchange for weaponry. If they agree, station a few Winged there as representatives of the Silken Nest.

The newly replenished Buzzards are challenged to take out the Dune  Demon army near Light City, and then set up a nest there.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 09, 2019, 10:35:41 pm »

Seems, that this gift was not enough to have dustwalkers liberated from oppression of sand demons, sand is yet to be conquered.

Divide already  experienced crew of aetherweavers  in groups working on how  to improve  ordinary nonweaver spiders to something halfway to demigodhood  to make soldier caste worthy to be led by demigods:
First group would work on altering genetics and implanting new artificial glands
Second would try making enchanted armour out of glass or metal .
Oversee, what they are doing. And assist.

Group One: 5 / Group Two: 1 /  Nazir: 4

The Aetherweavers split into groups, and volunteers from other parts of the web are brought up as test subjects. Nazir helps them further their knowledge of Weaving, biology, and crafting, so that they can create a race of Spiderlings worthy to serve as lieutenants under the ten Demigods. The new caste must be stronger than all the others, so that they can protect the Web from the creature of sand and absence which lurk below it.

One group works to improve upon Spiderlings' natural physiology. Some of their Weavings induce mutations, allowing Spiderlings to grow acid glands and produce silk ten times stronger than steel. They manufacture stronger and more efficient muscle fibers, and tweak the genes of their test subjects until their chitin is nearly unbreakable. By adapting an old self-enhancement weaving, one of the first spells that the Aetherweavers created on their own, they even develop a way to enchant bodies, granting abilities that would be impossible to reproduce with mere organs. Volunteers who receive the modifications begin spitting fireballs and teleporting to nearby strands.

The group assigned to research armor and weapons doesn't fare as well. Winged Aetherweavers weave metal into basic equipment, but someone makes a terrible mistake when they try to enchant the tools. Underlying flaws in the Weavings attached to the weapons cause them to become cursed instead, frequently killing or injuring volunteers who attempt to use them. Only Nazir's intervention prevents a failed matter-annihilation experiment from disintegrating everyone nearby.

"Okay kids lets do something that's potentially stupid and go on a field trip."
Get all the deer men and the deer robot to go in to the bus and drive it out to explore the world, if anything attacks the bus drive back to the tower.

While Dr. Bob's allies pile into the bus, he sits down in the driver's seat and familiarizes himself with the controls. There's one big wheel to control the direction of the wheels, two petals to adjust the speed of the engine disk, and a lever that can put the vehicle into park or reverse if need be. It's all fairly intuitive, although Dr. Bob has to spend a few minutes practicing to learn how to turn, park, and navigate around obstacles. When he's gotten the hang of it, he drives the bus through the entrance-hole and brings it out onto the Great Web.

It doesn't take long to descend to the sands, which have quieted down a bit in the Doctor's absence. Occasionally a few eyes will rise from the ground to watch the group, but for now they seem content to leave the magic school bus alone. The Deer-Men stare out the windows, and a few ask their creator to provide details about things they drive past. These include a puddle of black ooze, a Brass Buzzard that passes overhead, and a live demon which Bob drives away from as quickly as possible. Fortunately, it isn't fast enough to catch up with them.

The first major stop is Einyar, the sea of light. Dr. Bob pulls up to its coastline and opens the doors so that Deer-Men can wade into the liquid, and take a closer look at the glowing silhouettes which dance in the depths of the golden realm.

Venture forth. And find the souls of lords within the flame.

Gral places Awake on the ground a safe distance from the flames, then uses the thermal currents to climb back into the air. The steel vulture flies away, towards a a glowing city that can just barely be seen on the horizon.

When the primordial has disappeared from sight, Awake picks himself up and ventures into the center of the crater. Patches of flames litter the ground, and the glass underfoot becomes so hot that it glows, but the Shardforms' obsidian body makes him somewhat resistant to the environment. His body only begins to melt as he approaches the Grave itself, and the puddle of molten Sunship that has collected there. Awake continues moving anyway, until his legs threaten to collapse under his weight.

A suit of metal armor lies on the ground beside the pool, filled with nothing but smoke and ashes. A glass axehead lies on the ground several feet away from it, partially submerged in molten glass.

I try modify some ooze to be able to feed on the darkness and grow by this.

AJAMA deposits a drop of black ooze on the ground, where it grows into a larger sample. After the puddle has become deep enough, the black sphere submerges itself in it, and allows its senses to expand outwards into the goop. Once it has refamiliarized itself with the nature of ooze, the Demiurge begins to tweak and transmute the substance, and specifically its ability to assimilate other substances. It shifts its attention away from the sand as AJAMA works, but the sudden shift in behavior disrupts the primodial's focus. It loses its grip on the ooze, and the modification goes awry.

Instead of absorbing darkness, blobs of ooze start feeding on seemingly random substances and concepts. Something freezes as one piece of the pool starts assimilating heat, and AJAMA's reactions becomes sluggish as it touches another that can devour awareness. A few droplets even become cannibalistic and consume other kinds of ooze, including the modified sludge which forms the Demiurge's body.

Ira cautiously probes around the non-thing trying to figure out what it is and if she can defeat it.

2 v 2

Ira digs in the direction of the the heartbeats, ignoring the earths's feeble attempts to bar her way. The sand around the non-thing is littered with shards of obsidian, but she eats those too, by using her many rows of teeth to grind the stones to dust. They are more filling than ordinary sand, though just as unimportant in the grand scheme of things. Ira digests the faint traces of essence within them anyway.

As she approaches the source of the unvibrations, she breaches another, thicker piece of obsidian, and tumbles into hollow sphere of black stone. The World-Eater can sense the non-thing in the center of the chamber even without the benefit of light. It is a black heart grown from ALTERTH's nonexistent flesh, and the ultimate source of the Nothingness which pervades the sand. Despite reeking of the desert, it feels like a freshly-spilled drop of Ira's own blood.

Hynsyr gathers his light and attempts to connect himself and Einyar to the First Tribute Yig. The Golden Flower which had been gifted in love would in turn become the ultimate symbol of Hynsyr's love. Transfusing the Flower Yig with his essence so that not only would it act as a gateway with which the Lightfolk spirits in Einyar can reincarnate from once they've spent some time in the Sea of Light but also using it's connection with Hynsyr to birth new Lightfolk into the world.

Hynsyr names the Golden Flower Yig, and infuses it with a glowing stream of his essence. The plant grows as astral bindings link it to the Titan, and more buds branch off from its stem. These buds bloom as Hynsyr imbues the flower with another connection, this time to Einyar, and the the flower grows hundreds of new blossoms. Droplets of nectar collect in the center of each, made from the same liquid light as the sea itself. The primordial can see tiny Lightfolk floating inside, waiting to be born.

A single drop of nectar falls to the ground. It becomes a new mortal when it hits the sand, with a fully-formed golden body. It is not one of the first Lightfolk, which Hynsyr crafted with his own hands, but it still bows to the Titan in recognition of the life he has given it through Yig.

Drop off the mortal,  then fly on to  the  Light City in the distance. Where there's civilization, there are also bargains.
Send the Ironwinged down to the Bone Fortress, and propose building a market at the location in exchange for weaponry. If they agree, station a few Winged there as representatives of the Silken Nest.

The newly replenished Buzzards are challenged to take out the Dune  Demon army near Light City, and then set up a nest there.

Buzzards: 2 v Demons: 2
Ironwinged: 1

After depositing Awake in the crater, Gral sets off for the glowing spires of the Lightfolk. The Contractor navigates using the light of the city itself, which makes it glow like a beacon when viewed from the sky, and soon finds itself gliding between the towers made of glowing stone. As Gral hovers near the center of the city, another building rises before his eyes. This one is far taller than the others, and instead of the uniform gold of the other spires it is illuminated by light in every color of the rainbow.

The Prismatic below hefts its spear and looks up at the vulture warily.

---------------------

Meanwhile, a flock of Brass Buzzards retraces Gral's steps, until they locate the horde of demons plaguing the city. They dive down at the creatures of nothingness and attack them with characteristic glee, gouging the demons' sandy flesh with their talons and gouging out eyes with their beaks. They are repulsed by a few well-timed counterattacks, but the army doesn't have enough flying demons to press their advantage after the buzzards retreat back to the air.

Another group of servants carries goods into the cloud of darkness and search for the Dustwalkers' fortress. Before they can find it, they are hit by an errant blob of flesh-eating ooze, which grows by killing and assimilating the majority of the expedition. The survivors retreat after failing to scout out a safe route through the rest of the anti-light.

Spoiler: Souls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 09, 2019, 10:54:17 pm »

"Such heat... I cannot halt here!-"

Stride through the heat and claim the armor, shielding my molten limbs within the metal.
Then, if successful, claim the axe head as well.

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 09, 2019, 11:16:13 pm »

Ira decides that eating the absent heart is probably asking to be turned into nothingness and instead tries the push the heart up to the surface.
el basurero

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 09, 2019, 11:40:03 pm »

Signal the guard that no hostile  intent should be expected, and, in the Bargaining Tongue, request an audience with its liege.  Should it require  a show  of good faith, merely  gesture to the battle going on between the Buzzards and the demons out side the city gates. While waiting for a response, begin elaborating on the tenants of Bargain to any who would listen, emphasizing three key points:
1: All action is bargain. Even when creating something allegedly out of nothing, one is still trading time and energy in order to make such a feat possible.
2: Tribute is debt, and debt comes with bargain. As the efforts expended by a creator are costly, the created are often held responsible to make up for sunk costs.  Like an employee of a company, most created are granted "room and board", in exchange for continual advancement.
3: Anyone can bargain. "Creator" and "created" are relative terms. For instance, a blacksmith would be the "creator" of a  weapon, and the  resulting  gains made from a sale would be a repayment of  the Creation Debt.

The IronWinged are to improve themselves and their craft however they see fit.  They should know enough about Bargain now to not destroy themselves.
The Buzzard's should keep up the assault. They have the advantage. Use it.   

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 10, 2019, 12:55:28 am »

Hynsyr will confront Gral and demand that he leave. He attempts to gather his power into twelve light spears to be hurled out the other primordial if it doesn't meet Hynsyr's demand.

"I will not allow you to taint my Light with your fading words. I can feel your clinging parasitic essence already. The Cycle shall not be interrupted by your Bargains. The Cycle is eternal and uncompromising. It shall not be swayed by deals or pacts. Leave or witness my wrath." 
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 10, 2019, 01:33:17 am »

Stops the ability and "will" to eat of all the ooze that would cause problems to life or one of the premodial (The awareness eaters, ooze eaters, flesh eaters, ect.) And investigate the rest
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 10, 2019, 01:50:16 am »

Have first group set up centre to start transforming willing ordinary spiderlings into warrior caste

Keep second weavers group working on armour and devices worthy to be used  by warrior caste.
Overwatch and assist both groups. 

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 10, 2019, 02:18:41 am »

Hynsyr will confront Gral and demand that he leave. He attempts to gather his power into twelve light spears to be hurled out the other primordial if it doesn't meet Hynsyr's demand.

"I will not allow you to taint my Light with your fading words. I can feel your clinging parasitic essence already. The Cycle shall not be interrupted by your Bargains. The Cycle is eternal and uncompromising. It shall not be swayed by deals or pacts. Leave or witness my wrath." 
"You misunderstand my intentions.  This preaching was intended to  teach your creations their place in the world, and further appreciate your efforts. But I digress. My journey here today was not to inform the Light of such,  valuable though that may be. Rather, I  came here for a proposal, one that would benefit all who walk this land, and work against the sands as well, so long as you assent to the  spreading of the Sea.
As you might have noticed,  this land is far from fertile. Be it through the Empty's spawn and the Demiurge's leavings,  it would be near impossible to grow anything  as it is. However,  if we were to cut a channel out of the area surrounding your Golden Sea, and  thus carve a series of rivers, we could expand the reach of the Shifting Bog from the fortress onwards, allowing for the creation of flood-planes throughout the region.  This would provide both a  buffer against the Sands, and also allow for the creation of life-sustaining  plants and animals. It would be a net gain for all involved. You would get a new location for your tributaries to settle, I would get the possibility of a society with more receptive minds, and we would all be able to dedicate more work to the fields we  so desire, freed from the pressures of the monsters at our doors.
I've  secured an excavation team, and the  current taint of the Bog can be rectified via Deer-man engineering. All that's left is your blessing , if you would, to use the sea.
I will leave, if you so desire, but I ask you to consider my proposition.  Advancement is a universal cause, after all."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 10, 2019, 09:27:37 am »

"Don't get onto the glowing liquid yet it might be acid, also don't go to the town it looks like a fight might be about to start."
Examine the Einyar and see if its toxic to deer men and see what its good for, then if its safe let the deer men mess with it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 10, 2019, 09:28:46 pm »

"Such heat... I cannot halt here!-"

Stride through the heat and claim the armor, shielding my molten limbs within the metal.
Then, if successful, claim the axe head as well.

Awake walks forwards one step at a time, struggling to stay upright on his molten legs. He keeps his balance at first, but as he draws closer to the Sunship, the heat becomes more intense, and the Shardform's body becomes less solid. A creature made of flesh and bone would literally boil away at this temperature, but Awake's body merely deforms and slumps to one side. He needs to crawl closer to the armor, leaving a slug trail of melted rock.

He touches a plate of metal with hand. It feel blessedly solid, in this place where glass, sand, and stone all become lava, but even when Awake dumps himself on top of the armor he finds that he can't put it on. His fingers have fused together, and his body has become so soft that he might lose limbs if he tries to lift the heavy plates of metal. Gyaweft's empty visor stares through Awake, as if gazing at something inside him. Its expression is almost mocking.

Ira decides that eating the absent heart is probably asking to be turned into nothingness and instead tries the push the heart up to the surface.

2 v 3

Ira smashes a larger hole in the ceiling, allowing sand to gush in from above. While it is busy organizing itself into hands and psuedopods, she coil herself around the absent hearts and pulls it upwards, towards the relative safety of the surface. She finds that she can dig while grasping the heart, but the organ is large and cumbersome. While she is moving it through thousands of tons of rock dust, the sand's consciousness has a chance to catch up with her.

Tendrils wraps themselves around the worm's head, formed from the very sand that she was digging through just moments ago. Another set of appendages comes up from below, and start smashing themselves against the rest of Ira's body. They worm their way between Ira's coils and pull at the heart, nearly tugging it out of her grasp.

Stops the ability and "will" to eat of all the ooze that would cause problems to life or one of the premodial (The awareness eaters, ooze eaters, flesh eaters, ect.) And investigate the rest

2 v 4

AJAMA extends its power through the ooze again, this time focusing its attention on particularly dangerous types of goop. The sphere denatures the awareness-eating ooze, and another which fed on blood, but as it's moving its power back towards the cannibalistic blob, a previously-inert piece of ooze springs into motion. It assimilates change, rendering AJAMA's attempts to modify other blobs effectively useless. The more power it expends trying to denature flesh and moisture-eating oozes, the more the change-eater grows. In the end, the Demiurge only succeeds in burying itself deeper within the pool, and providing more mass to the ooze-eating-ooze which is stripping away outer layers of AJAMA's body.

Have first group set up centre to start transforming willing ordinary spiderlings into warrior caste

Keep second weavers group working on armour and devices worthy to be used  by warrior caste.
Overwatch and assist both groups. 

Group 1: 5 Group 2: 1 Nazir: 2

The first group of Aetherweavers descends one of the old stars, where they begin to apply their new Weavings to Spiderlings that volunteer. Once word spreads, arachnids start to fight each other for places in lines, in hopes that they'll be able to receive the enhancement themselves. The ensuing battle is long and bloody, but it does provide the the Aetherweavers with a group of powerful warriors to mutate and enchant. After they have been enhanced, the Sentinels are easily the most powerful army that this world has ever seen.

The second group continues working on equipment for the warriors. This time they forgo physical armor entirely, and Aetherweave magical shields that can be attached to an amulet. The mystical armor works well at first, but it soon becomes apparent that the Weavers haven't managed to correct the underlying flaws in their theory. Too much force can overload the spell, causing it to explode with deadly force. Everyone involved in the operation ends up bruised - and worse, covered in smears of carbonized test subject.

"Don't get onto the glowing liquid yet it might be acid, also don't go to the town it looks like a fight might be about to start."
Examine the Einyar and see if its toxic to deer men and see what its good for, then if its safe let the deer men mess with it.

At first glance, Einyar appears to be nothing more than a sea of liquid light. The Deer-Men splashing around in it still look perfectly healthy, but Dr. Bob calls them back out anyway so that he can analyze the fluid for more subtle threats. He digs a glass vial out from the back of the bus, then carefully dips it in the sea, until it is about half full of golden liquid. The primordial carries this sample back to the bus and stares at it, until the fundamental nature of the substance is revealed to him. The results aren't necessarily alarming, but it's clear that Einyar has become far more than a mere ocean.

A piece of Hynsyr's soul has been placed within the Golden Sea, which is connected to the Lightfolk, the flower Yig, and even the Titan himself. The glowing figures that can be seen within its waters are actually the spirits of dead mortals, who have been drawn to the sea so that they can be preserved, judged, and even reincarnated through Yig. Until then they linger in Einyar, which has essentially become an afterlife.

The Deer-Men should be perfectly safe, assuming they can swim, so Dr. Bob lets them back out onto the beach. A few dead Lightfolk watch his children from beyond the veil.

Signal the guard that no hostile  intent should be expected, and, in the Bargaining Tongue, request an audience with its liege.  Should it require  a show  of good faith, merely  gesture to the battle going on between the Buzzards and the demons out side the city gates. While waiting for a response, begin elaborating on the tenants of Bargain to any who would listen, emphasizing three key points:
1: All action is bargain. Even when creating something allegedly out of nothing, one is still trading time and energy in order to make such a feat possible.
2: Tribute is debt, and debt comes with bargain. As the efforts expended by a creator are costly, the created are often held responsible to make up for sunk costs.  Like an employee of a company, most created are granted "room and board", in exchange for continual advancement.
3: Anyone can bargain. "Creator" and "created" are relative terms. For instance, a blacksmith would be the "creator" of a  weapon, and the  resulting  gains made from a sale would be a repayment of  the Creation Debt.

The IronWinged are to improve themselves and their craft however they see fit.  They should know enough about Bargain now to not destroy themselves.
The Buzzard's should keep up the assault. They have the advantage. Use it.   

Hynsyr: 6 v Gral: 1

GM NOTE- Gral and Hynsyr

((I'm a bit hesitant to go forwards without giving Prophet time to respond. The fight is already written, and will be posted if actions are executed as-is, but you guys can have another day to talk if you'd prefer to do something else.

You can post actions for next turn regardless, before or after we determine what happens here.))

Spoiler: Souls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 09:30:37 pm by Whisperling »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 10, 2019, 09:37:31 pm »

Become.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 10, 2019, 09:42:07 pm »

(What about the Buzzards and Winged?)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 10, 2019, 11:01:54 pm »

Hynsyr remains silent. He gave his only warning and will not be swayed. The Titan both unable to reconcile the Eternal Cycle to the ideas of the Bargain and untrusting of his siblings in general.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35