Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35

Author Topic: Sand & Souls - Let There Be Turns  (Read 60302 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sand & Souls - Let There Be Turns
« Reply #495 on: May 28, 2019, 12:25:10 am »

Learn from the fragments the psychic communication and their writing system and teach them about manipulating the ooze's shape and properties while experimenting with it myself, of course do those things away from the ooze sea.

((If you update once in a few days it's still faster then most forum games I been at, although I wasn't in a lot of RTD so don't take my word for it))
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 12:26:50 am by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 28, 2019, 12:43:04 am »

"Grr, Monoculture is ugly! Your stupid, ugly grass takes up all the room and resources! How am I supposed to grow things when this thing covers all the fertile land!?"

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 28, 2019, 01:02:23 am »

"I could just sit down and absorb the natural essence of the world for a few years Merchant. But where the pride? The fun? The thrill and rush of a battle to the death? Fighting is to me what the bargain sale or whatever that's called is for you."
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 10:34:07 am by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 28, 2019, 09:08:07 am »

Accept the power, with one condition: That the Sun never shines its light on the Spiderlings and their web, for they have already rejected our light and even plan to steal it's radiance and keep it for themselves. If they were successful, the Sun's light would be extinguished just like the first stars were.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 28, 2019, 09:37:23 am »

"Grr, Monoculture is ugly! Your stupid, ugly grass takes up all the room and resources! How am I supposed to grow things when this thing covers all the fertile land!?"
"Well, my harvesters are cutting through it swiftly enough. If you're patient, we can reap the rewards without resorting to plague."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 28, 2019, 12:22:17 pm »

"Okay everyone get back on the bus and we'll circle the wagons then I'll figure out the light situation."
Have the three trucks and the bus form a circle and turn on all their lights, then I shall start a fire and see if I can't make some glass lamps similar to the stars Gyaweft made, then I'll put them around the camp.

(I'm just gonna assume that there are three trucks because you said that they all got built even though you only mention two in the update.)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sand & Souls - World Creation RTD
« Reply #501 on: May 28, 2019, 04:14:19 pm »

What is your name? Dr. Bob

What form will you take? A humanoid with the head of a deer that wears a lab coat.

What is your purpose? To do something.

I've seen Bob in 3 of these so far. How did you come up with the character? Also, is it too late to join? If it's not too late,

My name is Walbaxia

I take the form of a green and purple housefly the size of a human thumb. The wings are clear, when the eyes are purple the exoskeleton is green and viva versa. Can switch at will

My purpose is unknown.

Fly around the world to explore a bit
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 04:37:25 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 29, 2019, 10:56:59 am »

I've seen Bob in 3 of these so far. How did you come up with the character?
I think I might be using him in 4 things right now and it totally not because I suck a coming up with new characters so I use the same ones over and over.

As for the origin of Dr. Bob he came from a minimalist RTD about being a scientist in that he was human and live alone in the woods with a bunch of talking deer that he had made with science, after that game died a god game came up and I couldn't think of a new god so I decided to use him but being human is boring so I decided to combine him with a deer to make it less boring, and then I used him over and over because I suck at coming up with new stuff.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 30, 2019, 09:10:00 pm »

"I could just sit down and absorb the natural essence of the world for a few years Merchant. But where the pride? The fun? The thrill and rush of a battle to the death? Fighting is to me what the bargain sale or whatever that's called is for you."

"I've never dealt with essence, but I would think getting it from the ground would be a lot safer than trying to kill something. When my body forms I will do some exploring and learn more about the world."

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 31, 2019, 10:02:19 pm »

Somewhere in the boundless space below the world, a soul becomes aware of its own existence. Consciousness becomes inspiration, and inspiration blossoms into a new identity. The soul flies up to the surface, where it forms a vessel for itself from sand and air. The body congeals gradually, piece by piece, until a small buzzing thing hovers above the earth.

Walbaxia, the Undetermined circles a glass star. Waves of green and violet ripple across her carapace.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Walbaxia

I take the form of a green and purple housefly the size of a human thumb. The wings are clear, when the eyes are purple the exoskeleton is green and viva versa. Can switch at will

My purpose is unknown.

Fly around the world to explore a bit

There are so many things in this place that Walbaxia has trouble keeping track of them all, even with the benefit of a bird's-eye-view. She ends up flitting from place to place, examining anything that looks particularly large or important. At first she flies up into the sky, where she finds herself surrounded by a spiderweb of titanic proportions. The Great Web stretches from the ground to the top of the sky, and is populated by hordes of intelligent spiders. The bugs are divided into many different tribes, some of which are distinct from the others. Walbaxia sees one group weaving spells from mystical webs and another flying with metallic wings.

Tangled within this web are the stars, spheres of glass infused with divine fire. They act as beacons in the night, providing illumination to both the Web and the rest of the world. They're overshadowed only by the Sun, a ball of golden light brighter than all of them put together. It's difficult for Walbaxia to look at it without blinding herself, but when she squints she thinks she can see something metallic underneath all the radiance.

Once she's tired of staring at bright lights, she starts exploring the ground instead. The foundation of the world is mostly sand, interspersed with novel new environments. Walbaxia flies through a place where rain constantly falls from the sky, nourishing fields of wheat that seem to have covered the ground completely. She can see a swamp off in the distance, and towards the outer boundary of the world there's a sea of black ooze. Her last stop is a fortress made from solid bone, inhabited by many different species. She sees spiders, metallic birds, and creatures that look like moving blobs of dirt.

With such a high rate of reproduction, the wheat must be rapidly cloning itself. A powerful tactic, to be sure, but its weakness is clear.

Lightly bite one of the stems and introduce a lethal virus specifically suited to omniwheat. Without any genetic diversity, it should quickly rip through the population, leaving behind highly nutritional fields of hay, ideal for the planting of new, less fuckin boring things!

Zeristia nips an Omni-Grain stem, and something vile seeps from her fangs. Black stains spread from each puncture hole, blotting out the original golden color of the stalk. Then the plant begins to decay. Parts of the stalk peel away, revealing pus and rotten sludge where the wheat should have an internal structure. Seeds swell with bile and then fall off, bursting as soon as they hit the ground. Contaminated material splatters everywhere, even onto Zeristia herself. Everything it touches is infected.

The worm feels a burning sensation as black spots bubble up from underneath her skin. They expand across her body slowly, fighting with her soul and essence for every inch of mossy flesh. The infected areas aren't rotting yet, but the Gardener can already feel herself growing weaker. It may only be a matter of time before the plague overpowers her or contaminates her essence.

It devours the Omni-Grain at a far faster rate. The pile of rotten sludge surrounding Zeristia becomes a lake, and then a crater in the center of the Wetlands. Within it, nothing organic can survive. The corpses of a few unfortunate fish also float to the surface and bloat until they rupture, showering their surroundings in gibbets of infected viscera.

Organize defense of the web from invaders, incenerate vermin with new weapon system.
Huh, he's pretty high up...Wings, make wings, those will be good in case he falls. Meti should do it too. Then continue climbing the rest of the way. But don't attack unless the spiders do it first. Gonna need that self-defense excuse.

Meruem: 6 / Meti: 2
Spiderlings: 4 vs. Meruem: 4 & Meti: 1 & Vespas: 1
Godsbane: 1

Amon scurries down to the bottom of the Web, to the place where Meruem and Meti are trying to climb. Parun and the nameless one both march alongside him, followed by each of the four remaining Sentinel legions. Spiderlings from the the Order of Strands rain spells down on the intruders, while elites from the Legions pelt Meruem and Meti with streams of acid and bolts of force. The attacks destabilize the strand that they are climbing, causing it to swing back and forth like a pendulum. Even with the climbing adaptations that they've given themselves, the Spawner and his firstborn can barely maintain their grip.

Meruem thrusts his claws into the silk, then releases another set of mutagens into the area around his shoulderblades. The chemicals react strangely with the adrenaline rushing through his body. Instead of reshaping cleanly, Meruem's flesh starts to bubble and fizz. Fatty deposits build up in his back, forming a single dense lump rather than the wings that he intended to create. He unleashes growth suppressants to contain the damage, which gives the Spiderlings enough time to press their advantage. They push him off the strand using a giant wall of force, which sends him plummeting to the ground below.

Meti's body also bends unnaturally, perhaps because of the same factors that tripped up Meruem. His legs fuse with the silk he was climbing, which is a mixed blessing at best. The chimera can't be knocked off the strand like his father was, but he's also a sitting duck when the Sentinels attack. three of them start spitting acid at him as he frantically tries to mutate himself into something more mobile.

A small group of Vespas fly towards the battle, but they're interrupted by a bright flash of light from up above. An enormous beam of energy surrounds them, burning them with the heat of a hundred stars. The Vespas are resistant to its effects, in large part because of their own fiery natures, but Spiderlings who get caught in the Godsbane's impact zone aren't nearly so lucky. The beam melts their armor and turns the outer layers of their carapaces to ash.

Hynsyr seeks out the Prismatics. He wishes to hear their consul, ideas, and feelings upon the Super Weapon. For it is his own children who know the creations of Nazir better than himself. Are the Nazirites becoming a threat to the Cycle? Are they arrogant enough not to realize the provocation of a weapon with such a title? Are they seeking to challenge the siblings of their creator?

Hynsyr walks through the city gates. Groups of ordinary lightfolk flock to meet him, some of them bearing tribute, but for now the Titan waves them off. He continues walking until he reaches the temple of Yig, where the Prismatics have gathered to meet with them. Hynsyr asks them for their evaluations of the Godsbane, and of the Nazirites who are building it. At first they are somewhat hesitant to speak, but they become more talkative when Hynsyr explains the reasoning behind his request.

The Prismatics are somewhat concerned about the power of the weapon itself. The Consortium described it as a weapon of mass destruction, perhaps capable of  scorching entire cities from the sand. Its mere existence would be a provocation, and perhaps even a threat to the cycle itself if it were to be turned against the Lightfolk. They are not certain whether the weapon's name was meant as a threat, or whether the Spiderling truly intend to turn it against the gods, but there are already reasons enough to worry.

Another Prismatic mentions that the Spiderlings have not targeted the Lightfolk specifically, or even named them as a potential target for aggression. The Great Web is theoretically an ally of the Spires, and they might hesitate to turn the Godsbane against their kin in the Golden Web. On the other hand, there is a certain risk in assuming that the Web is benign. The Godsbane proposal never actually mentioned the factions which could be considered enemies of the Web.

Attempt to use the absent heart to find the Archdemon.

1+2

Ira listens to the beating of the Absent Heart. Its Non-rhythm brings her closer to the Nothingness, and to the connections linking her to ALTERTH's scattered essence. She probes the bond, sending her mind outwards through an unfamiliar pathway, until she brushes up against the minds of other Nonexistent creatures. Most are just vague presences, so small that they are almost indistinguishable from background noise. Ira sweeps them aside and reaches further. She stumbles upon a spirit more powerful than any of the rest. It is at the edge of the world, surrounded by an army of lesser beings.

The World-Eater burrows underneath the ground and tunnels until she too is at the boundary of the primordials' oasis. Empty desert stretches out before her, lightless and barren, but the border itself isn't as bare as it was before. Demons crawl across the ground and wheel through the air, occasionally grunting or shrieking at one another. Bestial Shardforms walk among them. Most are wearing the shapes of predators, like wolves or lions. They move more fluidly than their sandy kin.

There is a maelstrom of darkness at the center of the gathering. Ira sees the incorporeal shapes of Fragments whirling around it, like shadows around a fire, but something more lurks within the storm. She attunes herself to the Absent Heart again, so that she can sense its position, but this time the Archdemon notices her intrusion. A roar loud enough to break her concentration echoes from inside the maelstrom. 

Send in  North to start setting up a trio of transmutation silos, along the outside of the fields. One is to focus on  amplifying nutrient yield, the other healing ability, and the third matter growth.

East should  temporarily halt their education process, and attempt to subvert the virus: weakening its effects, and thus leading to a higher surviving, resistant ctop.
West and the Steelspinners  are  to begin defending the   fields from Shardform invaders, if any are present. If such an occurrence was accidental, integrate them.

North: 3
East: 1
West: 4

North leads a group of Ironwinged to a place just outside the Wetlands. They construct skeletons for three massive silos by weaving together loops of metallic silk, which they then embed securely in the ground. Once the weavers are satisfied that the towers will be anchored properly, they start coiling more iron around the outer walls. The threads accumulate until they overlap, forming sturdy metallic cocoons around the outside of the scaffolds. Aetherweavers layer durability enchantments over the metal to imbue it with supernatural strength and stability.

When the work is complete, North has a few haulers from the Scrap-Ranch network ferry Omni-Grain from the harvester drones to the silos. It selects three teams of Ironwinged to transmute the grain. They try to tune its magical properties using the power of the Bargain, but the vitality inside the wheat makes it highly resistant to their alterations. Most of their magic simply slides off, leaving the plants completely unchanged.

East also flies to the Wetlands, but it continues towards the center of Kuhaku's rainstorm rather than stopping at the border. It circles the fields until it notices a crater of rotten plant matter creeping across the ground. The disease is spreading rapidly through the Omni-Grain population, carried by rotten fluids and occasionally infected fish. East siphons away the virus' strength, causing a stream of foul energy to fly up into the air. It collides with the Merchants' chest, causing black stains to spread across the vulture's feathers.

Meanwhile, West turns off the Harvesters so it can examine the obsidian shards. The Shardform that ran afoul of the drones is already long dead. Its head was splintered into hundreds of pieces by a scythe, most likely killing it instantly. It makes the body difficult to identify, but since none of the intelligent Shardforms are missing West tentatively considers it feral. The Steelspinners don't find any others in the vicinity.

Learn from the fragments the psychic communication and their writing system and teach them about manipulating the ooze's shape and properties while experimenting with it myself, of course do those things away from the ooze sea.

((If you update once in a few days it's still faster then most forum games I been at, although I wasn't in a lot of RTD so don't take my word for it))

AJAMA: 3 / Fragments: 4 / Apollyon: 6

Once AJAMA and Apollyon have confirmed that they're a safe distance from the ooze sea, everyone in the group begins exchanging knowledge and skills with one another. A few of the Fragments gather around AJAMA and show him how to use telepathy. Their form of mental communication involves creating a link between two different minds, which can then be used to transport thoughts and emotions from one entity. More complicated linkages can be used to achieve advanced forms of telepathy, such as mind-merges or telepathic networks.

The Demiurge is already accustomed to using telekinesis, another psionic skill, but mental communication requires far more precision. The Fragments teach him how to sense the minds of others, and then how to connect with them using specialized thought-processes. It's a relatively intuitive process, but it still takes most of the lesson for AJAMA to master a basic version of telepathy. The sphere can use it to transmit vague thoughts to mundane creatures, or more complex ideas to experienced psions like the Fragments.

Knowing telepathy also makes it easier for AJAMA to understand the Fragments' glyphs, which are essentially mental broadcasts in a written form. With Apollyon's help, the Demiurge learn how to organize its thoughts in such a way that they can be encoded into symbols. The end results are legible, although its writing is messier and less efficient than the Fragments' own.

Afterwards, the AJAMA shows the Fragments how to control and manipulate ooze. Apollyon picks up the skill almost immediately, and uses it to compress Non-Ooze into sheets of papery material. The other Fragments find it more difficult, especially when they're trying to control ooze that isn't made of Nothingness, but all agree that they will become more competent given time and practice.

Accept the power, with one condition: That the Sun never shines its light on the Spiderlings and their web, for they have already rejected our light and even plan to steal it's radiance and keep it for themselves. If they were successful, the Sun's light would be extinguished just like the first stars were.

There is a shift in the Sun's light once Aton makes his proposal. For a moment it vanishes completely, and the world is illuminated only by starlight. Then it sweeps across the sky, and Aton feels blistering heat fall on him from above. The Sun reluctantly informs him that it cannot bend its light away from the Web without consigning the rest of the universe to darkness. Instead it will alter the nature of its light, so that it chars Spiderlings who would try to feed on it or redirect it with a prism. It extends sincerest apologies, to Aton alongside an offer to renegotiate the compact if this solution is not to his liking.

Rays of brilliant sunlight surround the Herder. They bombard his disk until it melts, and then until it begins to burn with brilliant white light. A miniature star once again hangs above his brow, and with it comes the power of the Sun. Glowing essence flows across his body and then into his heart, where it melds with the bulls' own energies. Shockwaves ripple outwards as they collide with each other, manifesting as waves of change that crash across Aton's body. His horns and hooves become ivory once again, and his fur starts glimmering like gold.

"Okay everyone get back on the bus and we'll circle the wagons then I'll figure out the light situation."
Have the three trucks and the bus form a circle and turn on all their lights, then I shall start a fire and see if I can't make some glass lamps similar to the stars Gyaweft made, then I'll put them around the camp.

(I'm just gonna assume that there are three trucks because you said that they all got built even though you only mention two in the update.)

((Yeah, there are three - my bad. I must've gotten one of them mixed up with the bus or something)).

The Deer-Men pile back into their vehicles, which they then arrange into an uneven circle. None of the trucks are actually the same length, so the formation really ends up looking more like a trapezoid, but the trailers still work fairly well as a makeshift enclosure. Once everyone is in place, Dr. Bob hops into the cargo truck and searches it for spare materials. He fills a hemp bag with dried corn plants, glass bricks, and even a pile of glass shards that someone thoughtfully stuffed into the corner. Given the sheer amount of foot traffic that passed through this trailer as it was being loaded, it's a wonder that nobody has stepped on them yet.

He carries the bundle outside, then separates each of the materials into separate piles. Bob places the glass brinks and fragments near the bus, then digs a makeshift fire pit in the center of the enclosure. He fills it with the dried corn plants, then snaps his fingers to generate a spark. Embers fly from his palm and settle on the tinder, which promptly bursts into flame. The bonfire burns high, casting light this untouched place for the first time in eternity.

Dr. Bob balances a brick over the fire. For a moment he expects it to absorb the flames, holding them inside itself like the Gyweft's glass sphears. Instead the brick just gets hotter. Bob realizes that the flames are missing something. He thrusts his own hand into the heart of the bonfire, ignoring the tongues of flame that lap at his exposed skin. Essence flows outwards from his heart. It suffuses the fire, which now burns with a brilliant white light. Bob thrusts a second glass brick into the inferno, and this time wisps of fire become trapped inside the Star Lantern like flies in amber.

Spoiler: Souls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 31, 2019, 10:29:27 pm »

Walbaxia flies inside the fortress, asking the inhabitants what they know about the world.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 11:06:33 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 31, 2019, 10:41:43 pm »

Force the infection into one side of my body, then split into two. The infected soul's purpose is to create diseases, parasites and decomposers, which fulfil a vital ecological role.
No life is evil, it's just life.

Zeristia will create the Neutralizer Bulb, a fern-like plant that grows in the water and thrives in infected, unclean areas by consuming the toxin for nutrition.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 31, 2019, 10:54:37 pm »

Wings now! Fire Vespa, burn the web down! Mati stop being a failure and make wings! 

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 31, 2019, 11:41:23 pm »

Hynsyr reassures his children and claims that he will deal with it. For if this had merely been a matter between mortals then he would have allowed them to take care of the situation as they saw fit but if the Nazirates wish to challenge the gods then he will humble them personally.

Hynsyr gathers his light and reaches deep into himself. Once again the Titan would extend his soul into another of his creations. This time Hynsyr molds his power into the Great Pillar Irmsil! From Irmsil would extend a Shield of Light around the whole of the Spires. This shield would have one purpose and one purpose only... to protect against the might of the Godsbane. If the children of Nazir would be arrogant enough to think they can threaten as they please then Hynsyr will rise to match their challenge.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 01, 2019, 12:15:15 am »

Join the siege against the Spiderlings and help the Vespas. Utilize my newfound power against the web, supporting the Vespas' attacks with my searing incandescence.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35