Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Mortals and Monsters II  (Read 2450 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Mortals and Monsters II
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2019, 11:15:49 am »

Civilization Name: Tide
Mortal Race Name: Cicadas

[...]

General starting biome: A forest with giant trees that have sweet, syrupy sap.

I wonder how the biomes are going to work.  Is there going to be a world map?  Will different groups have defined distances from each other?  Or will it be more abstract?
Cool element of biological horror there, by the way, spoon.
Thanks! ^_^ Your math nerds are cool too!

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2019, 01:54:21 pm »

whelp i hope i get in
Spoiler: fungus shall rule (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 05:11:20 pm by darkwarlock3 »
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2019, 04:03:34 pm »

Mortal Race Name: Wret
Mortal Race description: The Wret are a subterranean species of cold blooded lizard people. They are typically between four and six feet tall and have a hide of black scales. They have three red marks under each eye which grow darker in colour everytime they molt, this is the primary method of telling a Wret's age. Most Wret have large scythe like claws on their hands which they use to dig, the ones that don't will have clipped their claws for cultural or practical reasons. Wret fed on the other animals in the underground and the fungus which grows on the walls leaching metals from the rock. This leads to the Wret naturally depositing some of the metal in the foods they eat into their growing claws. This strengthens them so they are capable of burrowing through rock but means the toughness of Wret claws is dependent on diet which in turn means poorer Wret tend to have softer claws. In terms of heat Wret are resistant to high temperatures but quickly slow down at colder temperatures and will rapidly lose consciousness and die in extreme cold. This is why most Wret habitats are located around geothermal vents.

Civilization Name: Unified Cavern Cities of Jurr
Civilization culture: The Wret and especially the people of Jurr are known for their treachery and cunning. Many outsiders who have contact with them describe a culture where bribery, treachery and murder aren't just accepted but are seen as virtuous. This has lead to much debate as to how the Wret can survive with such a culture but most outsiders to the Wret don't understand the Wret concept of disruption. The Wret live underground where the recklessness of a few can literally bring the roof down on the many and because of this they have a deep cultural hatred for anyone and anything that causes 'disruption'. Murder is an acceptable means of advancement, but murdering a single person more than you absolutely need to will make you a pariah as will getting caught. The less other Wret are disturbed by your actions the more likely all Wret will accept what you've done and move on. This is why it is customary for a murderer to supply the victim's family with the equivalent to the victim's income for a few years. Bribery too has a whole set of cultural etiquette to it for the Wret. Most people pay the people they rely on a small sum to prevent them from betraying them. It is considered extremely rude to sell anyone out for any less than three times what they paid you not to sell out, though many Wret will vary the price they demand as a bribe depending on how much they like (or hate) the people involved. This causes an incomprehensible economy of bribery and counter bribery to form where most public services are funded by people paying under the table to avoid  having someone else pay to turn said public service against them rather than be funded by the central authorities that founded them.

Politically the Cities of Jurr are ruled by a council of twelve major Noble houses and an ever-changing number of minor houses (any family that can get three major houses to acknowledge them as a noble house counts). In the center of this council sits the chairperson of Jurr. Offically the most powerful person in the United Cities, unoffically the nobles of the Major houses do what ever they can to avoid getting nominated for the position. The Chairperson of Jurr has to balance the needs of the feuding noble houses without showing favoritism lest they be assassinated by a house that views them as an obstacle. Few people have survived very long in the position.

General starting biome: Underground caverns connected to a geothermal heat source

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2019, 04:16:41 pm »

Monster Lord: Lyra, The First Slime.
Starting type: Slime.
Starting trait: Cunning.

Description: A Slime, the First Slime. It's just a slime, supposedly weak, but cutting it doesn't work. Bashing it doesn't work. Piercing it doesn't work. You need to destroy the core, and some Slime have multiple cores. At base, they also are mildly acidic inside, so...

Multitudinous or cunning, hmm. How do you gain new traits, or types as it were?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 04:20:10 pm by TricMagic »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2019, 05:22:53 pm »

We've got a lot of Mortals and Monsters, so I think I'll make a God first. It'd be thematically appropriate given my limited free time as well. Unless we get a huge influx of deities, I shouldn't need to make any other sheets.

I hope this is suitable Roboson.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2019, 06:18:36 pm »

God/Goddess: Sagrund, the tiny, a single grain of golden sand
Starting type: Embodiment of microscopic creatures and machines,
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 06:28:39 pm by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2019, 06:31:55 pm »

Spoiler: Let's give this a try. (click to show/hide)
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2019, 07:43:54 pm »

.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2019, 08:51:25 pm »

I see I am not alone. shall we arrange a unofficial pact?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2019, 08:51:56 pm »

PTW! PTP?

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2019, 09:20:14 pm »

"??" Lyra asks.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2019, 09:21:15 pm »

Spoiler: Monster (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2019, 09:36:49 pm »

Please tell me that this isn't going to slow down updates for Adventurer's Guild.

Spoiler: Application (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 09:38:43 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2019, 10:37:40 pm »

Spoiler: God (click to show/hide)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2019, 07:54:19 am »

Of course.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 [2] 3