Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: Tactical Hell: ...  (Read 35200 times)

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: Let's split up, gang!
« Reply #135 on: April 17, 2019, 12:24:13 am »

Drop warhammer and try to find rest of the group

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: Let's split up, gang!
« Reply #136 on: April 24, 2019, 06:02:25 pm »

He wanted to go through the door, but some enchantment on it kept making him think things like "I should get the group together," "I probably can't do this alone," and even "It's probably locked."

Obnoxious.

Well, fine, if social interaction is unavoidable, actually group back up... And check a few side doors, too. Such a hallway had to hide SOMETHING.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Tactical Hell: Catching Up
« Reply #137 on: April 28, 2019, 03:04:34 am »

"Staying down here is foolish.  Salvation lies above, albeit no less adversity.  I shall be taking that path, as it is my duty, but you are free to stay behind if cowardice demands."  Alexander scoffs after that, then opens up the hatch and starts crawling back out.

Leave the shop, then follow the stream up out of the cave system.

You crawl back out through the hatch, follow the water north, and find yourself in a new chamber. This cavern is overgrown with vines and grass, and sunlight streams down from above through a hole in the ceiling. Looking up through the hole, you see a canopy of tree branches. At the end of this cave you see a sloped passage leading to the surface.
You look back and find that three other souls have followed you, for good or ill.

Anywhere away from the doctor is a good direction so Rakiit will follow Alexander.

You absently follow Alexander for a while through these confusing caves, letting your head clear a little. Relax.
[Ouch removed.]

You come to a pretty cave filled with plants. Tiny white flowers. It makes you feel at ease, realizing that you really have escaped that lab. Claustrophobic caves were a bit too reminiscent of the cold concrete walls of your prison. This... is different.

Drop warhammer and try to find rest of the group

You drop the hammer and go try to find the others. When you check the shop they're already gone but the two hatted fellows give you directions and you quickly catch up with that catlike girl.
The floor feels wet beneath your sandals, like a sinking ship. Of course, you're not on a ship, and thus at no risk of sinking, yet it still makes you feel anxious. You've had enough close calls to know when you should get off the boat.
The room ahead is well-lit from a skylight and full of greenery. Must be close to the surface. That at least is a relief.
[Ouch removed.]

He wanted to go through the door, but some enchantment on it kept making him think things like "I should get the group together," "I probably can't do this alone," and even "It's probably locked."

Obnoxious.

Well, fine, if social interaction is unavoidable, actually group back up... And check a few side doors, too. Such a hallway had to hide SOMETHING.

Well, everyone else is leaving already so checking out some side rooms and possibly getting into some fights would make you miss them entirely. I whisper to you through Hell's Blessing that you should get a move on and stop posting actions that conflict with each other. For some reason I have the voice of an anime girl. Weird.

Anyway, you get a move on and pretend that your action isn't self-contradictory because I say you did and I actually control the narrative. You end up in a vegetation filled chamber with a route to the surface.

"One of the surfaces." I whisper to you. That one's a freebie.

Spoiler: maps (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alexander (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rakiit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Scribe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Demetrius (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tactical Hell: Doggo Dance
« Reply #138 on: April 28, 2019, 03:05:11 am »

CONSECUTIVE update because I wrote ONE ENTIRE turn and THEN REALIZED that this is actually supposed to be a game where you FIGHT THINGS rather than wander around all zen-like.
So! I'm going to do you a solid and give you a good punch-em-up. A real slobberknocker.

[Everyone makes a perception check. I have no reason to roll for this, there are four of you and most have excessively high Focus. You succeed.]

Just as you're about to move on because there's honestly not a lot else to do, some creatures walk down from the north end of the cave.

They seem to be something like bipedal dogs, though they have long, flexible necks and their heads resemble a bear trap as much as a dog. They have long, gangly arms, and fluffy tails that look cute if you ignore the rest of the creature. Indeed, overall these demons look grotesque and wrong.
There are four Doggos, all four of them armed with spears, and all but the frontmost one wearing loincloths. The one in front (probably the leader) is wearing white robes only moderately stained with mud and blood.

Chief notices you first, and barks once to alert his allies.

Rakiit and Demetrius note that Doga has a rope looped around her loincloth and Doba is wearing a small satchel pack.

Spoiler: initiative (click to show/hide)

[Alexander's turn!]

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tactical Hell: A Decisive Pummeling!
« Reply #140 on: April 28, 2019, 04:58:13 am »

"Stand back.  I shall cleanse these demons."

Move 2N, 1W, attack chief doggo, then parry.

[-3 Speed.]

[Alexander attacks Doggo Chief. 14.]
[Chief takes lethal damage. 4. -2 Determination.]
[The cut is deep, causing 2 additional pain.]
[Chief rolls to resist 6 pain. 11. -5 Focus.]
[Chief is knocked unconscious.]

You charge the front demon, who is surprised by the ferocity of your attack. You land a solid hit right-to-left across his chest, a deep wound that sprays the demon's blood over your blade and armor. The demon makes a noise that is genuinely very difficult to transcribe, then collapses with a whimper.

[Alexander takes a defensive stance. 14. -4 to hit him.]

You keep your blade ready, watching the three foes in front of you, waiting for their attack. It's difficult to tell if they're frightened or emboldened; their heads are as unreadable as a skull.

[Scribe's turn!]

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: Love and Tactics in the Infernal Hereafter
« Reply #141 on: April 28, 2019, 04:56:15 pm »

"GET DOWN." the Scribe barks. He whips behind Alexander, puts up Hell's Blessing, and pulls the trigger.

Move 1E 2N, shoot Dogic over Alexander's shoulder.

"What, pray tell, makes you think I wish to stand back in the midst of bloody combat?"
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tactical Hell: Blessing
« Reply #142 on: April 30, 2019, 01:18:12 am »

"GET DOWN." the Scribe barks. He whips behind Alexander, puts up Hell's Blessing, and pulls the trigger.

Move 1E 2N, shoot Dogic over Alexander's shoulder.

"What, pray tell, makes you think I wish to stand back in the midst of bloody combat?"

[Scibe moves 1E 2N. -3 Speed.]

With Blessing tight in hand, you step up and aim past Alexander, at the demon behind the fancy one.

[The Scribe takes aim, his face a reflection of wrath. -4 Focus.]
[He fires, ending his turn.]
[Dogic takes lethal damage. 4. Dogic is incapacitated.]

You squeeze the trigger and feel a heavy kick. A large chunk of her torso is now missing, and she stumbles back and collapses into the wall. Judging from the pained wheezing and whining that didn't quite kill her.

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)

[Doba's turn starts.]

[Doba moves 1W 1S. -2 Speed.]
[Doba evades the Scribe. 11. Scibe has -1 to hit Doba and doesn't autohit.]
[Doba evades Rakiit. 9. No effect.]

Doba looks at Dogic slumped against the wall and scrambles in the opposite direction.

[Doba uses Bloodlust on Doga, ending Doba's turn. 3 Focus invested, +2 Melee to Doga.]

Doba opens his satchel pouch and produces an injector. Which he proceeds to jam directly into Doga's long, snakelike neck.

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)

[Dogic's turn...]

Dogic screams, and tries to apply pressure to her wound. This results in her accidentally pushing her own guts out a little more. She makes a funny little noise and gives up, just slumped over and taking ragged breaths.

[Doga's turn.]

[Doga evades Alexander. 14. Alexander has -4 to hit Doga.]
[Doga moves 1E. -1 Speed.]

[Alexander makes a reaction attack. 10. Doga dodges it.]

Doga's eyes glint red and focus on... something else. She advances on Alexander, sidestepping his swing.

[Doga attacks Alexander with her empty left paw. 11.]
[Alexander rolls to resist 2 pain. 20.]
[Doga attacks again. 7. +1 to hit Doga, Doga's turn ends.]

She takes her left paw off of her spear and swings at Alexander, trying to grab him. His metal armor gives no purchase.

[Rakiit's turn!]

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: Doggo Dance
« Reply #143 on: April 30, 2019, 01:56:13 am »

Ooooh, Red's, where did you get those? The doctors only let me have them a few times.

With a happy squee, Rakkit will evade ten times, taking the best result, then move to doga and attack with her claws.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tactical Hell: Blood
« Reply #144 on: April 30, 2019, 03:54:39 am »

Ooooh, Red's, where did you get those? The doctors only let me have them a few times.

With a happy squee, Rakkit will evade ten times, taking the best result, then move to doga and attack with her claws.

[Rakiit evades Doga... 10 times. Doga has -12 to hit her.]
[Rakiit flanks around the east. -8 Speed.]
[Doga gets a reaction attack. 5. -1 Speed.]
[Doga gets another reaction attack, and doesn't bother.]

As Rakiit begins to move, her outline... blurs, deforms like some sort of magic. She's nothing but a shadow flowing around, up to the enemy.

[Rakiit claws Doga. 9.]
[Rakiit swings again. 12.]
[Doga takes lethal damage. 1...]

You slash the demon in the neck, claws dig in, blood, blood. You find the vein opened into your mouth, and you drink that salty goodness. It feels amazing.
[Gained Bloodlust. -3 Focus, +2 to melee.]

You look at the demon to your west, cowering in the corner. You can see his blood. Pulsing in his veins.

[Demetrius's turn begins.]

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 30, 2019, 04:00:51 am »

Go and OCUS FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS before throwing adamantine dagger into closest enemy 

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tactical Hell: Phantom
« Reply #146 on: April 30, 2019, 05:24:32 am »

Go and FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS before throwing adamantine dagger into closest enemy.

You run up your alloted 3 tiles, not being very fast you don't get far enough to even be able to see any active enemies. So instead you toss the dagger at the phantom Doga I accidentally left on the map. The phantom is killed, leaving behind a small giftwrapped box.

[Chief's turn.]

Chief is properly unconscious, which at least means he doesn't have to feel the giant slash wound.

[Alexander's turn.]

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 30, 2019, 05:33:31 am »

"While I applaud your chivalry, comrades, your actions are unduly dangerous!  I possess armor, blessed by the Lord, which protects me from blows!  None of you are so gifted, and as such it is my role to be at the head of the fight!  Now, allow me to banish these final two demons."

Move 1N, dropping that worthless stake simultaneously.  Pick up the chief's spear, aim at the last dog, then throw the spear to nail the cowardly thing to the wall.  Then crush the chief's skull with a stomp.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tactical Hell: *new weapon jingle*
« Reply #148 on: April 30, 2019, 05:54:02 am »

"While I applaud your chivalry, comrades, your actions are unduly dangerous!  I possess armor, blessed by the Lord, which protects me from blows!  None of you are so gifted, and as such it is my role to be at the head of the fight!  Now, allow me to banish these final two demons."

Move 1N, dropping that worthless stake simultaneously.  Pick up the chief's spear, aim at the last dog, then throw the spear to nail the cowardly thing to the wall.  Then crush the chief's skull with a stomp.

You leave the stake behind, and more gently drop your machete, picking up the chief's spear. You find that it is surprisingly heavy, which is inconvenient when you were intending to throw it.

Rifle Spear: It's a rifle. It's a spear. Whaddia know.
[melee: lethal/AP3 pain2]
[melee special: lethal/AP5 pain4 ammo]
[ranged: lethal/AP3 pain2 min3 short6 long50 snap10 focus2/3]
[ammo 1/1]
[reach]
[parry+1]
[weight1]

You elect instead to stab the demon to death. This you do successfully with no trouble.

[All enemies dead or incapacitated. Combat ended.]

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: Mess: Made
« Reply #149 on: April 30, 2019, 06:18:27 am »

Seeing that his last foe has been incapacitated, Alexander raises his new weapon in front of his helmet, inspecting the freshly-bloodied head.  "A strange tool.  The weight makes it unwieldy, and adds little.  Hmmf."

He then slams it down point-first into the unconscious chief's throat, before picking his machete back up, along with Doga's normal spear.

"I will leave the looting to you." is all he says before he walks to the exit of the cave.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17